PDA

View Full Version : Walker continues the feud with the Steelers

mesaSteeler
08-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Walker continues the feud with the Steelers
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/08/walker_continues_the_feud_with_the_steelers.html

Early in training camp, three-time Pro Bowl linebacker/defensive end Terrell Suggs goaded the reigning champion Pittsburgh Steelers by wearing a black t-shirt that read, "You Bet Your Sweet Ass I Hate the Steelers" on the back.

Well, cornerback Frank Walker showed off his own Steelers-themed apparel this morning and the sentiment was similar in tone.

Walker wore a black t-shirt that had "Hey Pittsburgh" in big yellow letters and a Raven extending a purple middle finger.

Walker said he and former Raven Corey Ivy spotted the t-shirt while attending a charity event prior to last season. "I saw them, and I immediately fell in love," Walker said.

Walker said he bought about 20 of the shirts and has distributed most of them to his teammates, while keeping about three or four for himself.

Asked if he worried about any retribution from Steelers players when the AFC North rivals meet on Nov. 29 in a Sunday night game at M&T Bank Stadium, Walker replied, "Who cares?"

stillers4me
08-27-2009, 11:02 PM
We are so in their heads. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
08-27-2009, 11:06 PM
:huh: who the hell is fred walker?

HometownGal
08-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Is the abs ball giving Frankie a little Stiffie?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01Wk5jW8x3eLA/294x220.jpg

Oh how I love it when an opponent tries to mask FEAR with arrogance. :applaudit::tt03:

Ravnet
08-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Pittsburgh resembles the ultimate obstacle in Baltimore's path, and thus the Steelers have become a rallying point for the team.

Steelers & I
08-27-2009, 11:22 PM

Oh how I love it when an opponent tries to mask FEAR with arrogance. :applaudit::tt03:

Goodness he's UGLY! :horror:

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Asked if he worried about any retribution from Steelers players when the AFC North rivals meet on Nov. 29 in a Sunday night game at M&T Bank Stadium, Walker replied, "Who cares?"

Funny hearing that coming from the team that was too afraid to come to Heinz field on September 10th...

Steel Head
08-27-2009, 11:27 PM
too bad Walker sucks as a player

stillers4me
08-27-2009, 11:29 PM

Funny hearing that coming from the team that was too afraid to come to Heinz field on September 10th...

:applaudit:

mesaSteeler
08-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Pittsburgh resembles the ultimate obstacle in Baltimore's path, and thus the Steelers have become a rallying point for the team.

The Steelers are not only the immovable obstacle in the path of the Ratbirds but they are also the irresistible force that will beat them again. Maybe they should move to the NFC West. At least there they might make the playoffs.

tyler289
08-27-2009, 11:43 PM
It's okay if Suggs does it, because he's a very good player and essential to the Ravens-Steelers rivalry.

Frank Walker is just a random dude.

Should be a good two (maybe three) games between these two.

Edman
08-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Walker won't even be on the Ravens roster Week 12 if he keeps up the crappy play.

True, Pittsburgh has been a consistent thorn in Baltimore's side. Their previous deep playoff runs have been ended by the Steelers. By deep playoff runs, I mean the ones with a playoff victory and not their one and out efforts at home.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-28-2009, 12:09 AM
The the hell is Frank Walker? Yeah, that's what I thought.

X-Terminator
08-28-2009, 12:20 AM

Yeah, but at some point they have to start worrying more about what THEY need to do to be successful, rather than worry about the Steelers. Because I can assure you that the Steelers are NOT focused on the Ravens right now. Mike Tomlin wouldn't have it any other way.

Bills.

That is the Steelers' focus.

Shoes
08-28-2009, 01:07 AM

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

robzombie813
08-28-2009, 01:11 AM

Ooh, ooh, I know, he's the guy who does all the spin kicks and sings his own theme song...wait, that's Walker, Texas Ranger.

No! I got it, he's the guy who does all those voices....wait, that's Frank Welker.

Ok, I give up, who is he?

Shea
08-28-2009, 01:18 AM

I'm thinkin the same thing! :chuckle:

Isn't this the same guy that spit in Reed's face?

JackHammer
08-28-2009, 01:22 AM
I like it. It's just more proof that our boys are doing their job.

pancake
08-28-2009, 03:26 AM
Ooh, ooh, I know, he's the guy who does all the spin kicks and sings his own theme song...wait, that's Walker, Texas Ranger.

No! I got it, he's the guy who does all those voices....wait, that's Frank Welker.

Ok, I give up, who is he?

It is that guy from "good times", no that is JJ Walker...

Maybe he is the Ratbirds ballboy or something...

steelreserve
08-28-2009, 03:35 AM

You're such a jerk for taking the words out of my mouth in the first post.

But I totally love that. We beat their asses, and they're going to give themselves an F'in seizure.

Galax Steeler
08-28-2009, 04:24 AM

Fear the Walker.:toofunny:

4xSBChamps
08-28-2009, 06:21 AM
Walker wore a black t-shirt that had "Hey Pittsburgh" in big yellow letters and a Raven extending a purple middle finger.

Walker said he bought about 20 of the shirts and has distributed most of them to his teammates, while keeping about three or four for himself.

we need to get those shirts, and silk-screen large rings on that finger, with 7 hypocycloids on it

the Purple-Browns are just bugs on the windshield of life..... and 'em Stillers are the biggest, baddest wiper-blades in-town.

:helmet:

SteelMember
08-28-2009, 08:01 AM

Fla-Va-Flave!

fansince'76
08-28-2009, 08:20 AM
It's okay if Suggs does it, because he's a very good player and essential to the Ravens-Steelers rivalry.

Not when the team begs out of a prime time game in Heinz Field like a bunch of pussies. Talk's cheap. They need to put their money where their mouths are or STFU.

The Lakelander
08-28-2009, 09:29 AM
The Ravens are always a tough game.

But it's time we beat those punks by a larger margin! :tt:

Fire Haley
08-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Not when the team begs out of a prime time game in Heinz Field like a bunch of pussies.

Maybe they're ascared of being punked on National TV again.

You can run, but you can't hide!

http://blogs.gxs.com/.a/6a010535ca8467970c010536f8c357970b-800wi

SteelersinCA
08-28-2009, 10:09 AM
How any Ravens or Ravens fan can talk smack after crying to get out of a nationally televised game is beyond me. I guess if they were right in the head they wouldn't be Raves fans.

steelerchad
08-28-2009, 10:57 AM
You would never see that kind of action from the Steelers. The organization wouldn't have it. Besides, it's not good to focus all attention on 1 team.
When Hines knocks somebody out and they put a bounty on him. That's good for us, bad for them because he's in their head. They're worried about where he's at instead of on the game in front of them.
When the Titans stomp the towel and the Bengals (Housh) wipes his cleats with the towel, they're trying to show disrespect to those watching, but it's actually being done because once again the Steelers are in their heads.
It's not about winning the battle with one team, it's about winning the war which we did last year. Focus should always be on the opponent directly in front of you. That's how we play and that's why we win.

It's laughable that both Suggs and Walker have already showed focus on us and the Ravens have showed fear of us by ducking the prime time game at Heinz. We don't face them for the first time until 11/29.

devilsdancefloor
08-28-2009, 11:19 AM

i think he is molesting that ball!!

fansince'76
08-28-2009, 11:23 AM

It looks like he's trying to pinch a loaf and the loaf ain't cooperating.

Dino 6 Rings
08-28-2009, 11:29 AM
I thought the thread was Welker and thought NE had finally jumped the shark....who is this tool box?

oh wait, that's the Raven's M.O, talk tough and try to intimidate without actually Winning Games on the field.

every other year up and down...guess what...09 is on schedule to be a DOWN year. Have fun losing to the Bengals you pathetic bunch of punk arse mother effers.

I wonder if they borrowed those palati balls from the MALE CHEERLEADER TEAM the Ravens have on their payroll.

Bunch of Pussssses.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-28-2009, 11:37 AM

:rofl:

Yeah, dude needs to mix some fiber in his diet. Something more than turf from Heinz Field................try a bran muffin dude!

43Hitman
08-28-2009, 12:11 PM

:rofl: :applaudit:

StainlessStill
08-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Wonder what their shirts will read next year when we are 7 time Super Bowl Champions? What a move Baltimore.. make shirts and prove that the Steelers are the beast of the division. Really makes you look tough.:toofunny: Closet Steeler fans. Worry more about us than they do about themselves. Works in our benefit. :tt02:

revefsreleets
08-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Wonder what their shirts will read next year when we are 7 time Super Bowl Champions?

"Please trade me to Pittsburgh"

Ravnet
08-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Yeah, but at some point they have to start worrying more about what THEY need to do to be successful, rather than worry about the Steelers. Because I can assure you that the Steelers are NOT focused on the Ravens right now. Mike Tomlin wouldn't have it any other way.

But why would the Steelers be focused on the Ravens when Pittsburgh clearly proved that they're better than Baltimore?

Again, Pittsburgh is a rallying point for the team because we have to go through the Steelers to achieve the ultimate goal. Is it so hard to grasp that concept?

I think the notion that the Steelers are "in our heads" is a joke because the Baltimore players are just using Pittsburgh as motivation and an incentive.

NJarhead
08-28-2009, 01:49 PM
But why would the Steelers be focused on the Ravens when Pittsburgh clearly proved that they're better than Baltimore?

Again, Pittsburgh is a rallying point for the team because we have to go through the Steelers to achieve the ultimate goal. Is it so hard to grasp that concept?

I think the notion that the Steelers are "in our heads" is a joke because the Baltimore players are just using Pittsburgh as motivation and an incentive.

I don't see how you could deny it. But Frank Walkers case, I think he's trying to save face with Ravens fans (perhaps teammates) for stinking up the place this pre-season.

steelreserve
08-28-2009, 02:00 PM
But I totally love that. We beat their asses, and they're going to give themselves an F'in seizure.

Last edited by HometownGal; Today at 05:05 AM.

Heh ... just noticed that. Did you actually go to the trouble of editing a post to change an F and three stars to "F'in"? lol.

Steel Head
08-28-2009, 02:11 PM

so if the Ravens go 2-14 beating the Steelers twice that is good? why is that concept so hard to grasp?

Steelers are def. in the Ravens head. After we beat them the first time last year, they were still talking about the Steelers for weeks. That's when fayget boy T-Scrapple mouthed off about the bounty. It's a joke if you can't see that

kirklandrules
08-28-2009, 02:30 PM

I hear what you're saying here ... The Steelers have become the pinnacle of their sport and the Ravens are doing nothing more than reinforcing the idea that the Steelers are synonymous with "Champions", "Winners", "Greatness". So when Suggs and Walker wear t-shirts in camp that say things like "F-U Steelers", they are really saying "I'm special", "People think I'm swell", "My Mom still likes me", "Our middle linebacker isn't a knife wielding murder", etc.

SteelTalons
08-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Heh ... just noticed that. Did you actually go to the trouble of editing a post to change an F and three stars to "F'in"? lol.

I know this is getting off topic, I'll get back to the topic in a second. But I never understood that about this forum as long as I've been on here.

People are saying stuff like, shit, pussies, etc... Bunch of other words that are censored by and large to a equal degree the F-bomb. Not odds and end stupid stuff like damn or hell. I dunno, I just don't see the logic in it personally.

Anyway back to the subject, while I like the rivalry. And its always very interesting... This isn't like 1970's Steelers vs Raiders stuff... Yet. Unless the Ravens can pull together teams on a regular basis that have a high risk of knocking us out of the playoffs... I don't ever see Steeler Nation or the team taking this rivalry even a quarter, much less half, as serious as the city of Baltimore and the Ratbirds do.

rachelanne12
08-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Living in Baltimore, I can honestly say one thing: I HATE RAVENS FANS! The Ravens team itself isn't so bad .. they're fans are the ones that piss me off the most.

Especially when like, a good 50% of them are bandwagoners. They root for the Yanks or Boston during the baseball season.

X-Terminator
08-28-2009, 03:46 PM
I know this is getting off topic, I'll get back to the topic in a second. But I never understood that about this forum as long as I've been on here.

People are saying stuff like, shit, pussies, etc... Bunch of other words that are censored by and large to a equal degree the F-bomb. Not odds and end stupid stuff like damn or hell. I dunno, I just don't see the logic in it personally.

Well, I'm sure the mods will respond, but if you can't see the difference between allowing "shit" and the "F" word, then there is something that just isn't connecting. If you don't like it, then take it up with them in private.

00Ravens
08-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Living in Baltimore, I can honestly say one thing: I HATE RAVENS FANS! The Ravens team itself isn't so bad .. they're fans are the ones that piss me off the most.

Especially when like, a good 50% of them are bandwagoners. They root for the Yanks or Boston during the baseball season.

That statement isn't even close to being true. I would say that 50% of the people in Baltimore move here because its such a great town in which to live. Those are the bandwagoners...the ones that come from places other than Baltimore such as New York, Boston, Philly and Pittsburgh because the can't find work in their own cities.

And anyway, wouldn't you be considered the bandwagon fan if you live and Baltimore and love the Steelers???

Indo
08-28-2009, 05:00 PM
That statement isn't even close to being true. I would say that 50% of the people in Baltimore move here because its such a great town in which to live. Those are the bandwagoners...the ones that come from places other than Baltimore such as New York, Boston, Philly and Pittsburgh because the can't find work in their own cities.

I'm guessing, and I may be WAAAAAAAY off base here, that people that move to Baltimore from Pittsburgh to find work are NOT jumping on the Ravens bandwagon, but are remaining loyal, Black and Gold Bleeding, Steelers fans.

just a guess...

Stover4Prez
08-28-2009, 05:09 PM

Oh come on. I understand you all have a solid core of legit fans, but other than the Cowboys, the Steelers have to have the most bandwagon fans in the NFL. I travel a lot and see Steeler crap all over. Don't tell me for a second all those people started in Pittsburgh and "moved to South Dakota". Your team is just as attractive as the Yankees and the Sox to bandwagonning fools. In fact I would say with the limited fan base of Ravens fans, there are very FEW bandwagon fans.

X-Terminator
08-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh come on. I understand you all have a solid core of legit fans, but other than the Cowboys, the Steelers have to have the most bandwagon fans in the NFL. I travel a lot and see Steeler crap all over. Don't tell me for a second all those people started in Pittsburgh and "moved to South Dakota". Your team is just as attractive as the Yankees and the Sox to bandwagonning fools. In fact I would say with the limited fan base of Ravens fans, there are very FEW bandwagon fans.

See, this is a misnomer. Just because someone doesn't live in the city their favorite team is, doesn't make them a bandwagon fan. The Steelers have a CRAPLOAD of fans who fit this description, and most of them have been fans for YEARS. Hell, they have a crapload of fans in areas where there IS a local team to root for. How else would you explain all of the Steelers fans in California and Florida? Or even Virginia/DC? Not all of them moved there from Pittsburgh, you know. Do you think every loyal Packers fan lives in or is from Green Bay?

Aussie_steeler
08-28-2009, 05:47 PM

Must be one bloody long bandwagon then if it reached me in Australia in 1993. Or was I just too big a fool to jump on the right bandwagon in that era.

So your telling me that I should be either a Redskin or Cowboy fan then because I dont live in a city with an NFL franchise?

Is it alright if I change my allegiance and go back and be a Bills fan. They were circling the wagons pretty consistently back then?????

devilsdancefloor
08-28-2009, 05:52 PM

Are you on crack? i personally never been to Pittsburgh in my life, BUT i have been a steelers fan for 30 years and my children are as well. 99% of all the folks i meet that are steelers fans didnt just start liking them after this years super bowl. I live in between colts hell and whodey hell and i see alot of steeler fans. So we are Steeler Nation not all of us where blessed to be born in the burgh. I know that is a hard concept for you to follow since your team left in '84 and you probably became a redskins fan and now a ravens fan after '96.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-28-2009, 06:16 PM

Dude, let me school you on something.

A lot of the people in Western Pennsylvania moved away in the 70's after the steel mills started closing to find work. Pittsburgh's entire economy at the time was built on the steel industry, when it collapsed Pittsburgh's unemployment rate was much like Detroit's right now with the trouble the auto industry is in.

When those people moved, they didn't start rooting for the Browns, Bengals, 49ers, Raiders, Cowboys, Oilers, Chargers, or other teams based in the area they moved to. They stuck with the Steelers. When they had kids, their kids became Steeler fans. When their kids had kids, they raised their kids to be Steeler fans, and so on.

I have been a Steelers fan since August 24, 1985....the day I was born. My Grandpa had gotten me a little Steelers hat because he didn't want his first grandson wearing a Browns hat.

Are there bandwagon fans? Yes, there are. But a majority of the fans for the Steelers didn't just jump on the bandwagon last February...they have been fans for a long time.

Check out these links, it explains a lot (watch them in order though or you'll get yourself confused):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM9Obe7DLW0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzi1wBmgoeA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STeDAegxbYY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZeDrn1OttY

Ravnet
08-28-2009, 06:59 PM
When those people moved, they didn't start rooting for the Browns, Bengals, 49ers, Raiders, Cowboys, Oilers, Chargers, or other teams based in the area they moved to. They stuck with the Steelers. When they had kids, their kids became Steeler fans. When their kids had kids, they raised their kids to be Steeler fans, and so on.

Yes, a ton of Pittsburgh fans followed that storyline, but the Steelers are extremely similar to the Yankees/Red Sox in that they're a perennially successful team with fans scattered throughout the nation, which has drawn a ton of bandwagon fans.

Steelers/Yankees fans are exponentially more dedicated than Red Sox fans, though, so I don't take issue with Pittsburgh's fanbase other than the fact that they're from a half mid-west, half rust belt city, which creates quite the ugly hybrid.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Yes, a ton of Pittsburgh fans followed that storyline, but the Steelers are extremely similar to the Yankees/Red Sox in that they're a perennially successful team with fans scattered throughout the nation, which has drawn a ton of bandwagon fans.

Do you consider me a bandwagon fan because I never lived in western PA?

So throughout the bad years of the 80's and the heartbreaking losses in the AFCCG and SB XXX of the 90's, failed Kordell Stewart experiment....those fans started rooting for other teams?

Steelers Nation is everywhere. While some of the fans are bandwagon fans, many of them are not. Most of them have been Steelers fans their entire lives. Most of them have connections to Western PA. Their grandparents are from there, or their parents, or even they are.

Tell me, are you one of those jackasses that believe if you move to another area you must adopt that area's sports teams?

Burghfan58
08-28-2009, 07:09 PM
[Walker said he bought about 20 of the shirts and has distributed most of them to his teammates, while keeping about three or four for himself.

Frankie, Frankie, Frankie, If you take those 20 shirts and tie them around the Steelers players eyes you may stand a chance.:tt03:

steel striker
08-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Well I think the steelers are in the heads of alot of the ravens players. Like it was said if you have to put a bounty on Hines you have big problems. I mean Bart Scott who was more worried about Hines then playing football the last two seasons. Now we have Suggs & Walker picking up where Scott left off. I have been rooting for the steelers since 1978 and, I like in Delaware. Now there many different fan bases here. From eagles to ravens skins and, yes many steeler fans as well.

Ravnet
08-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Do you consider me a bandwagon fan because I never lived in western PA?

Not at all; living in one part of the country and rooting for a team based in another part is perfectly fine as long as your devotion to the aforementioned team remains consistent.

I was merely trying to point out that not all Steelers fans in Cali or Florida are ex-Pittsburghers but rather just choose the team because they're usually successful and already have an established fanbase.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Not at all; living in one part of the country and rooting for a team based in another part is perfectly fine as long as your devotion to the aforementioned team remains consistent.

I was merely trying to point out that not all Steelers fans in Cali or Florida are ex-Pittsburghers but rather just choose the team because they're usually successful and already have an established fanbase.

I could see the argument about Cali. But remember, Florida is a "transplant state" where a lot of the people that live there moved there from other parts of the country.

And they do have two football franchised that have won Super Bowls. The Dolphins have an excellent history and for the most part have been competitive. The Buccaneers have been good for a while, but don't have the great history of the Dolphins.

I do realize that we have our share of bandwagon fans, but I don't think it's nearly as big as you make it out to be.

Ravnet
08-28-2009, 10:26 PM
I could see the argument about Cali. But remember, Florida is a "transplant state" where a lot of the people that live there moved there from other parts of the country.

And they do have two football franchised that have won Super Bowls. The Dolphins have an excellent history and for the most part have been competitive. The Buccaneers have been good for a while, but don't have the great history of the Dolphins.

I do realize that we have our share of bandwagon fans, but I don't think it's nearly as big as you make it out to be.

Florida was just a random selection I made to illustrate my point. You can basically find Steelers fans everywhere, and they're not all ex-Pittsburghers; that doesn't mean they're bandwagon fans, though.

SteelersMongol
08-29-2009, 02:17 AM
...Asked if he worried about any retribution from Steelers players when the AFC North rivals meet on Nov. 29 in a Sunday night game at M&T Bank Stadium, Walker replied, "Who cares?"

He was like who cares, but he does care about us. He bought t-shirts that says "Hey Pittsburgh". & not just 1 or 2. Whole bunch of t-shirts & distributed em. :chuckle: What a silly goose.

SteelersMongol
08-29-2009, 02:20 AM
...You can basically find Steelers fans everywhere, and they're not all ex-Pittsburghers; that doesn't mean they're bandwagon fans, though.

U got that right. :wink02: U can find em EVERYWHERE!

LVSteelersfan
08-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Call me whatever you want. Bandwagoner doesn't hurt my feelings. I don't care what you think. I grew up in Montana and loved the smashmouth mentality of the Steelers starting in about 1969. The bottom line is they were NOT a successful team when I started rooting for them in my early teens. I have stuck with them through thick and thin for over 30 years. I live in Las Vegas now. Still no other team exists here. But even if there was one, I would still be a Steeler fan for life. There is no other team but the Steelers. Most other football games bore me to death if the Steelers aren't playing. And it will always be that way.

hindes204
08-29-2009, 05:18 PM

HAHAHAHAHA........he looks like the butler off of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air....who is he gonna intimidate

O Sensei
08-30-2009, 12:38 AM

This is priceless!!! :drink: Nearly fell outta my seat...

Good, good stuff!

By the way, did you make the Pens banner? With Sid...thats awesome. :thumbsup:

sharkweek
08-30-2009, 12:46 AM
U got that right. :wink02: U can find em EVERYWHERE!

yup! even in Beijing during the Olympics :rofl:

http://www.wpxi.com/news/17268969/detail.html

I remember seeing that live and thinking how amazingly awesome that was, I shed some tears of joy and jubilation (and not for Walsh and May winning gold :flap:)

VegasStlrFan
08-30-2009, 05:47 AM

Very weak logic, who should the South Dakotan be a fan of? 32 cities have a team for the rest of the millions of football fans to pick from. There are more NFL fans outside of NFL cities than in. They all pick a team, don't hate the ones that get it right!

SaVaGe
08-30-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm a Ravens fan and I would just like to tell you not to take this guy seriously. I am baffled at all the change during the off season how this imbecile did not get cut I could care less about his work ethic. Frank Walker couldn't cover a damn baby in a stroller, and this guy gets consistently burned by 3rd stringers. Ravens should of resigned McAllister for CB#3/4 and cut this guy.

NJarhead
08-30-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm a Ravens fan and I would just like to tell you not to take this guy seriously. I am baffled at all the change during the off season how this imbecile did not get cut I could care less about his work ethic. Frank Walker couldn't cover a damn baby in a stroller, and this guy gets consistently burned by 3rd stringers. Ravens should of resigned McAllister for CB#3/4 and cut this guy.

He was a solid nickle corner for the Giants several years ago. While he's lost a step over the years I do recall him blanketing Santonio Holmes on a play or two in the AFCCG.

That said, Rex Ryan seems to agree with you though after seeing him pick on Walker nearly every play in that Jets game. Problem for you guys is: Why is he still in there? :noidea:

BTW - I lost respect for the SOB when he chose to spit in Mitch Bergers face. :banging:...then proceded to get knocked back by our kicker. :chuckle:

Steelers
08-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Just goes to show the two different places that the franchises are in.

They have "Hey Pittsburgh" with a bird flipping the bird. WOW...

The Steelers could have any number of responses with "Hey Baltimore"
- Swept yinz in 3 games last season
- Graphic of 6 fingers with 6 rings
- etc.

That's the best that they have, and it's pathetic.

00Ravens
08-31-2009, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=RoethlisBURGHer;646515]Do you consider me a bandwagon fan because I never lived in western PA?

QUOTE]

Yes.

Steel Head
08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Yes.

Ravens fans are by definition all "bandwagon fans"

were you a Ravens fan 15 years ago?

lol

00Ravens
08-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Ravens fans are by definition all "bandwagon fans"

were you a Ravens fan 15 years ago?

lol

Stupidest arguement I've seen on here yet.

That's like asking someone without kids if they will love them once they're born. Of course I was a Ravens fan 15 years ago. I was a fan of whatever team would bring the NFL back to Baltimore. I've been a Ravens fan since 1984...so I guess that's about 25 years now.

SteelMember
08-31-2009, 03:53 PM
This thread has turned into a heaping handful of raven crap.

Keep your shirts. Thats the only souvenier you'll get when the year is done...

Unless you count the red ass your gonna get. Whap!

Blast Furnace! Blast Furnace!

SteelTalons
08-31-2009, 04:38 PM

That's like asking someone without kids if they will love them once they're born. Of course I was a Ravens fan 15 years ago. I was a fan of whatever team would bring the NFL back to Baltimore. I've been a Ravens fan since 1984...so I guess that's about 25 years now.

The Ravens didn't exist till 1996. And the Colts left in 1983... So how exactly is that even possible?

Dino 6 Rings
08-31-2009, 04:41 PM
.500 by the time they play the AFC North leading Steelers for the first time. Then we bury them into the bottom of the scrap heap and once again, they underachieve after making the playoffs the prior season.

Steel Head
08-31-2009, 06:38 PM
The Ravens didn't exist till 1996. And the Colts left in 1983... So how exactly is that even possible?

lmao

logic don't work wit rats

RoethlisBURGHer
08-31-2009, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=RoethlisBURGHer;646515]Do you consider me a bandwagon fan because I never lived in western PA?

QUOTE]

Yes.

Look, we have another troll in the house!

This douchenozzle will be banned by the end of the week.

MaidenIndiana
08-31-2009, 08:21 PM

I'm a life long Steeler fan who lives about forty miles east of Indianapolis and as far as I'm concerned YOU CAN HAVE THE COLTS BACK! How in the hell were you a fan of the Ravens in 1984 when they didn't exist? Let me guess...you were really a Browns fan and had a vision that they would move to Baltimore. That's pretty good

RoethlisBURGHer
08-31-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm a life long Steeler fan who lives about forty miles east of Indianapolis and as far as I'm concerned YOU CAN HAVE THE COLTS BACK! How in the hell were you a fan of the Ravens in 1984 when they didn't exist? Let me guess...you were really a Browns fan and had a vision that they would move to Baltimore. That's pretty good

He was probably a Redskins fan until 1996, err until 2001 when the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Ravens Suck....
We beat them 3 times last year............lol.....hahaha..lol

MACH1
08-31-2009, 08:37 PM

^^^^^^ Definition of a bandwagener. Doesn't even know when the team was started. :toofunny:

SteelersMongol
08-31-2009, 08:43 PM

:doh: I was Steelers fan since 1931... Oh wait...:chuckle:

Jackal
08-31-2009, 09:14 PM

Steelers/Yankees fans are exponentially more dedicated than Red Sox fans, though, so I don't take issue with Pittsburgh's fanbase other than the fact that they're from a half mid-west, half rust belt city, which creates quite the ugly hybrid.

I've been to your drug addled shithole of a city more times than is healthy for anyone, and trust me, Pittsburgh is light years beyond what B-more will ever be. There's a reason we're consistently voted Most Livable City in America. We have booming tech and healthcare fields and one of the highest proportions of colleges per capita (and residents with Masters Degrees and higher) of any city in the U.S.

Steel Head
08-31-2009, 09:25 PM
I've been to your drug addled shithole of a city more times than is healthy for anyone, and trust me, Pittsburgh is light years beyond what B-more will ever be. There's a reason we're consistently voted Most Livable City in America. We have booming tech and healthcare fields and one of the highest proportions of colleges per capita (and residents with Masters Degrees and higher) of any city in the U.S.

whereas most people from Baltimore dont finish high school

4xSBChamps
08-31-2009, 09:32 PM

I actually feel sorry for Baltimore, and can't really work-up a good hate against them, as they are stuck between the District of Corruption & Pennsylvania's sewer, Philthadelphia

Steeldude
08-31-2009, 09:41 PM
huh? who is walker and why does he deserve a thread?

Jackal
08-31-2009, 09:46 PM
whereas most people from Baltimore dont finish high school

...and they show it every time they open their mouths...

:chuckle:

SteelTalons
08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Sure there's some bandwagon fans. That's to be expected, but if we loose this year they will leave to go cling to the nuts of whatever team gets the Lombardi this year.

But theres one key difference. Between all the Steelers fans here and the bandwagoners... We actually know a thing or two about the team, the organization, how things work, who's who, we watch the draft, we discuss the draft, we pick apart preseason, hell at times people nitpick things a lot which leads to a lot of "Fire (Insert Name Here" threads.

A bandwagoner wouldn't know who the hell Bruce Arians is, or know the history of this team, past players and present. Granted some people want alive to watch the Steelers back in the 70s. They went back and did their homework and have complete knowledge from day one to now.

So no one on this board is bandwagoners... And when one comes along, for example some dude named "steelpit" who thing DSep was gonna hurt out defense because of how he punts, we run them out of here asap. And burn them on the ignorance.

Sure theres a lot of people who have never lived in Pittsburgh, or for that matter even been to Pittsburgh. But their as knowledgeable and diehard as anyone in Pittsburgh's ever been.

Jackal
09-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Sure there's some bandwagon fans. That's to be expected, but if we loose this year they will leave to go cling to the nuts of whatever team gets the Lombardi this year.

But theres one key difference. Between all the Steelers fans here and the bandwagoners... We actually know a thing or two about the team, the organization, how things work, who's who, we watch the draft, we discuss the draft, we pick apart preseason, hell at times people nitpick things a lot which leads to a lot of "Fire (Insert Name Here" threads.

A bandwagoner wouldn't know who the hell Bruce Arians is, or know the history of this team, past players and present. Granted some people want alive to watch the Steelers back in the 70s. They went back and did their homework and have complete knowledge from day one to now.

So no one on this board is bandwagoners... And when one comes along, for example some dude named "steelpit" who thing DSep was gonna hurt out defense because of how he punts, we run them out of here asap. And burn them on the ignorance.

Sure theres a lot of people who have never lived in Pittsburgh, or for that matter even been to Pittsburgh. But their as knowledgeable and diehard as anyone in Pittsburgh's ever been.

I agree 100%. I actually think some of the most dedicated and hardcore fans are the ones who live outside of the Pittsburgh area. Many of the Steelers fans I met while in DC were every bit as knowledgeable and fanatical as the fans here in Pittsburgh.

I give a lot of credit to the diehard fans who post on here from other parts of the country...and the world...and are every bit as versed in the Steelers past, present, and future, as local Pittsburghers. If anything, I think they deserve more credit, because when you live in the Pittsburgh area, you are constantly inundated with an almost critical mass of Steelers news and info, to the point that, unless you live under a rock, you can't help but absorb at least a moderate amount of Steelers knowledge. As an ex-pat or a fan who's never lived in the area, you need to be more pro-active about seeking out the news and information regarding your favorite team, as it's just not handed to you at every turn.

I think that dedication is the true spirit of Steeler Nation.

:hatsoff:

Ravnet
09-01-2009, 10:15 AM
pro-active

And by "pro-active" you mean turning on the internet.

SteelTalons
09-01-2009, 11:21 AM

No pro-active as in washing your greasy little beak. :chuckle:

http://kirsty815.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/proactive-1.jpg

Steel Head
09-01-2009, 11:23 AM
No pro-active as in washing your greasy little beak. :chuckle:

http://kirsty815.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/proactive-1.jpg

Ravens use that to wash the tears off their face last year

T-Sizzler told me so

Indo
09-01-2009, 11:27 AM

I'm guessing this douche was born in 1984---that's how he came up with such a random year.

And...he obviously thinks that one has to be born in the team's city, or one can't be a True fan, only a bandwagon fan.

I live in Alabama----the nearest teams are the Titans and the Falcons. I would gladly choke to death on my own (or someone else's) vomit before I became a fan of either of those teams.

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh (I consider myself lucky), but I don't think that I am any more of a fan than those on this board that were not born in The Burgh

Jackal
09-01-2009, 11:48 AM

At least they go that far. 99.999% of the Ravens fans that I met couldn't name half of their offensive starters.

I guess that comes with the territory when your only exposure to football happens when you start watching games the week after Christmas on the occasional playoff year.

stlrtruck
09-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm guessing this douche was born in 1984---that's how he came up with such a random year.

And...he obviously thinks that one has to be born in the team's city, or one can't be a True fan, only a bandwagon fan.

I live in Alabama----the nearest teams are the Titans and the Falcons. I would gladly choke to death on my own (or someone else's) vomit before I became a fan of either of those teams.

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh (I consider myself lucky), but I don't think that I am any more of a fan than those on this board that were not born in The Burgh

I'm with you. Although I now live in Tampa, I was born in CT and raised in MD (45 minutes outside b-more), lived there when the colts couldn't fill half the stadium with fans, shook my head when the news cameras caught them moving in the thick of the night, laughed when the CFL team moved in to town, and laughed even harder when the clowns moved in.

I'm just thankful that there was a local station that showed the Steelers and planted the good seed. As I grew older, I never looked back. When I was old enough, I took the 3 1/2 hour drive up the turnpike rather than the 45 minute jaunt down 70.

And while b-more has some great places to hang out with friends and all that, it will never compare to the beauty that is Pittsburgh (that's just my opinion).

Jackal
09-01-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm starting to think that the Ravens' intense (and unreciprocated) focus on nothing but the Steelers seems to trivialize the rivalry a bit. Maybe they think they're pushing it to the next level, but when your opponent doesn't respond, or even recognize your existence, it just makes you look pathetic.

A few months ago, I supported the idea that this was one of the premier rivalries in the NFL, but I'm starting to think otherwise. The Ravens are looking more like our bitches every day.

sherlock
09-01-2009, 12:02 PM

Funny thing is I`m very new to American Footbal and one of the reasons I chose to follow the Steelers was because(and this is real embarassing to admit) I had never heard of them and because my soccer team play in yellow...well it does look more yellow than gold!:couch:
So to be honest knowing what I do now I can understand that folks might assume I`m a bandwaggoner although the truth is actually the exact opposite.

Edman
09-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm starting to think that the Ravens' intense (and unreciprocated) focus on nothing but the Steelers seems to trivialize the rivalry a bit. Maybe they think they're pushing it to the next level, but when your opponent doesn't respond, or even recognize your existence, it just makes you look pathetic.

A few months ago, I supported the idea that this was one of the premier rivalries in the NFL, but I'm starting to think otherwise. The Ravens are looking more like our bitches every day.

I'm beginning to think that too. In all of the years of this rivalry, it's always been the Ravens who did the jaw jacking. Like you, I and so many others have said, the Steelers don't give a shit for the Ravens right now. They're focused on the next opponent. Who is Carolina. Once they are out of the way, it's on to Tennesee, and the next team. They'll worry about Baltimore when the time comes. Pittsburgh is all business, Baltimore is all about obsession. They're placing their priorities on Pittsburgh when they have to be focusing on how to be a better team to BEAT Pittsburgh.

Don't get me wrong, Baltimore is a tough opponent, but sometimes I think they talk too much for their own good. They want to take this rivalry to the next level? Beat the Steelers on the field, not with your mouth, and not with some stupid t-shirts. I'd be embarrassed if Steeler players went around wearing T-Shirts and obsessing over a team that beat them.

The Lakelander
09-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Ravens fans are closet Redskins fans. :chuckle:

Indo
09-01-2009, 12:19 PM

:chuckle:

Steel Head
09-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Ravens are the only team in the NFL that has male cheerleaders

lol

SteelTalons
09-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Funny thing is I`m very new to American Footbal and one of the reasons I chose to follow the Steelers was because(and this is real embarassing to admit) I had never heard of them and because my soccer team play in yellow...well it does look more yellow than gold!:couch:
So to be honest knowing what I do now I can understand that folks might assume I`m a bandwaggoner although the truth is actually the exact opposite.

You gotta start somewhere. Especially if your not born in the city, you pretty much have to be a casual fan of the sport to start with and you will gravitate to one team or another. The thing that got me was not so much the four Lombardi's Pittsburgh had at the time. It was just the overall mindset. How you had people like Greg Lloyd killing QB's, Levon Kirkland being the fast fat man I've ever seen. Plus the tradition and you top that off with being a classy organization knows how to play football. Doesn't win every year but it does its best to, and the fact this team will scrap till the clock hits 0:00, hard to ignore it.

I started liking this team, not because it would win a Superbowl every year, but the fact it played its heart out and was extremely well run. Sure theres some let downs along the way. But thats cool, I get a kick out of watching them play even if we lose.

Theres not another team in professional sports that I follow even a quarter of as well than the Steelers. A bandwagon fan woulda lost interest as soon as the Lombardi's stopped rolling in. It was a pretty good feeling to have... For example last year. Week 1 me and some friends were talking football. I was talking about the Steelers, and people are like man they aint gonna win.

Fast forward to the end of the season, I hear people talking, "hey whos your team" and the guy said the Steelers and the guy asking was like "man you aint a Steelers fan the only person in the room that was a Steelers fan on week 1 was him". And the guy points at me. :chuckle:

There be a difference between badnwagoners and diehard fans. :drink: :tt03:

SteelerFanInCA
09-01-2009, 01:22 PM
At the end of the day, the Ratbirds are still our bitch.

Ravnet
09-01-2009, 01:52 PM
At the end of the day, the Ratbirds are still our bitch.

And most people here are the bitches of grammar :hatsoff:

SteelMember
09-01-2009, 03:52 PM
And most people here are the bitches of grammar :hatsoff:

:toofunny:

Your smart a$$ comment just doesn't carry the same weight when you, yourself need an edit. :wink02:

Steel5586
09-01-2009, 04:04 PM
It is great how all they do is obssess over beating the Steelers. They always talk and talk and talk and then when it comes to playing the games the Steelers usually come out on top. The crazy thing is after they lose they continue to talk and talk and talk...........

RoethlisBURGHer
09-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Ravens fans are closet Redskins fans. :chuckle:

Seriously.

I mean, who did the Ravens fans follow after the Colts left?

The Colts team now residing in Indianapolis?

The Washington Redskins?

The Philadelphia Eagles?

Did they just not follow football until 1996?

stlrtruck
09-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Seriously.

I mean, who did the Ravens fans follow after the Colts left?

The Colts team now residing in Indianapolis?

The Washington Redskins?

The Philadelphia Eagles?

Did they just not follow football until 1996?

Well they did have the Baltimore Stallions of the CFL. Which according to some ratbird fans, that championship trophy holds just as much weight as say the Lombardi (and yes, I've heard the argument first hand). Oh yeah, the same team the fans couldn't (or wouldn't) support (ala the colts of the 80's) and ran them out of town.

I think at one time they may have also had an arena team, not sure.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Well they did have the Baltimore Stallions of the CFL. Which according to some ratbird fans, that championship trophy holds just as much weight as say the Lombardi (and yes, I've heard the argument first hand). Oh yeah, the same team the fans couldn't (or wouldn't) support (ala the colts of the 80's) and ran them out of town.

I think at one time they may have also had an arena team, not sure.

Grey Cup having as much weight as a Super Bowl? :rofl:

That's like the Browns fans around here trying to tell me that a AAFC Championship holds as much weight as our Super Bowls.

Or their four NFL Championships (last one won ins 1964) where for those, the NFL didn't even hand out a trophy, the late Al Lerner had one made when the Browns came back to commemorate it.

Jackal
09-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Grey Cup having as much weight as a Super Bowl? :rofl:

That's like the Browns fans around here trying to tell me that a AAFC Championship holds as much weight as our Super Bowls.

Or their four NFL Championships (last one won ins 1964) where for those, the NFL didn't even hand out a trophy, the late Al Lerner had one made when the Browns came back to commemorate it.

Well, that's the same argument we heard from the Packers fans after we won the SB this year...how they had 12 championships and were still the greatest franchise in the league. I'm sorry, but if most of your wins came in the days of leather helmets by racking up the best regular-season record against powerhouses like the Akron Pros and Frankford Yellow Jackets, THEY DON"T COUNT!!!

Indo
09-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Well, that's the same argument we heard from the Packers fans after we won the SB this year...how they had 12 championships and were still the greatest franchise in the league. I'm sorry, but if most of your wins came in the days of leather helmets by racking up the best regular-season record against powerhouses like the Akron Pros and Frankford Yellow Jackets, [B]THEY DON"T COUNT!!![B/]

With all due respect to the history of this Great Game, they did count

But they just aren't relevent or meaningful anymore, what with the development of the forward pass and all

Jackal
09-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Anything pre-merger was more or less ancient history. Their first 3 championships came before the NFL even had playoffs or a championship game. Winning because you had the best regular season record seems pretty darn irrelevant in today's game.

Steel Head
09-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Anything pre-merger was more or less ancient history. Their first 3 championships came before the NFL even had playoffs or a championship game. Winning because you had the best regular season record seems pretty darn irrelevant in today's game.

exactly

less teams, no playoffs

not as meaningful as a SB

Hines0wnz
09-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Who is this person?