PDA

View Full Version : James

shinoff2183
08-28-2009, 05:11 AM
It might have been disgust before, but Im curious to find out why james had punched that guy in the kickoff in the superbowl. I think he has had a fantastic career lately but im wandering why this was done. To any who have watched the SB you know what im talking about. I just gotta know, I like james and the only reason I can think of is the holding that is rarely called for him, atleast I hope.

Also I have read that Harrison has knocked around some people in practice, but Anthony smith did the same thing last year and people were crying it was just practice. There seems to be a double standard right there.

7SteelGal43
08-28-2009, 06:15 AM
It might have been disgust before, but Im curious to find out why james had punched that guy in the kickoff in the superbowl. I think he has had a fantastic career lately but im wandering why this was done. To any who have watched the SB you know what im talking about. I just gotta know, I like james and the only reason I can think of is the holding that is rarely called for him, atleast I hope.

Also I have read that Harrison has knocked around some people in practice, but Anthony smith did the same thing last year and people were crying it was just practice. There seems to be a double standard right there.

The guy went for Harrisons knees - cheap shot, could've been career ending. Harrison was simply letting his displeasure be known. :chuckle:

steelwalls
08-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Actually he jumped right into Harrison's groin. Harrison didnt 'punch' the guy either, unless you consider an open hand a punch.

stillers4me
08-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Actually he jumped right into Harrison's groin. Harrison didnt 'punch' the guy either, unless you consider an open hand a punch.

I can hear that conversation.

Harrison: You wanna go to fu$$in' Disney World? I knock you straight to fu$$in' Orlando you cheap shot muther fu$$er! :sofunny:

Stevo
08-28-2009, 07:29 AM
It just looked to me like Harrison simply owned Francisco. It was border line brutal, but FYI: football is kind of a contact sport… hence all the pads.

If that was Suggs pushing down Ike Taylor, I would be saying the exact same thing. But what cracks me up is all the crazy talk like this:

“With 3:26 left and the Steelers leading 20-14, Harrison knocked down Cardinal Aaron Francisco, punched him, and shoved him another three times.”

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/james-harrison-punch-draws-personal-foul-penalty-and-criticism

I watched the play live, still have it on my DVR, and bought the DVD. And I have never seen James Harrison punch Aaron Francisco or shove him three times. This is probably the same person that thinks the refs stole Super Bowl XL.

And Madden didn’t help matters by ostracizing him in front of the largest television audience in the world. If you only heard his call and didn’t actually see the play, you would think Harrison punched him in the throat with his fist.

Go Steelers!

steelwalls
08-28-2009, 07:34 AM
It just looked to me like Harrison simply owned Francisco. It was border line brutal, but FYI: football is kind of a contact sport… hence all the pads.

If that was Suggs pushing down Ike Taylor, I would be saying the exact same thing. But what cracks me up is all the crazy talk like this:

“With 3:26 left and the Steelers leading 20-14, Harrison knocked down Cardinal Aaron Francisco, punched him, and shoved him another three times.”

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/james-harrison-punch-draws-personal-foul-penalty-and-criticism

I watched the play live, still have it on my DVR, and bought the DVD. And I have never seen James Harrison punch Aaron Francisco or shove him three times. This is probably the same person that thinks the refs stole Super Bowl XL.

And Madden didn’t help matters by ostracizing him in front of the largest television audience in the world. If you only heard his call and didn’t actually see the play, you would think Harrison punched him in the throat with his fist.

Go Steelers!

Madden (and haters) went off the deep end with that... I still say there were no rules broken there by Harrison.

Steel Head
08-28-2009, 07:53 AM
The guy went for Harrisons knees - cheap shot, could've been career ending. Harrison was simply letting his displeasure be known. :chuckle:

precisely. that Cards player was a coward punk who dove at Harrison's knees. He's lucky Harrison didn't tear his head off

Fire Haley
08-28-2009, 07:59 AM
To any who have watched the SB you know what im talking about. .

So who here wouldn't have watched the SB?

You're a Ratbird troll aren't ya?

HometownGal
08-28-2009, 08:10 AM

No double standard at all. Smith was a loud-mouthed, arrogant wanna be and Harrison is the real deal. Very simple. :drink:

fansince'76
08-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Who cares? :coffee:

Steel Head
08-28-2009, 08:21 AM
that James HArrison is a big meanie!!!!

they should put him in a timeout and teach him lesson:nono:

Dragonrider
08-28-2009, 08:52 AM
He reminds me of Lambert doing a similar thing back in the day. It is shown on NFL Films all the time.

Fire Haley
08-28-2009, 08:54 AM
This is my favorite Harrison hit

http://chrisgossett.com/steelers_james_harrison_slams_browns_fan.jpg

fansince'76
08-28-2009, 08:55 AM
He reminds me of Lambert doing a similar thing back in the day. It is shown on NFL Films all the time.

Difference being there weren't 10 million or so crybabies and pussies whining and crying about it and a fat, bloated, bitter, Steelers-hating douchebag in the booth (Madden) calling for an ejection over it back in the day.

The Lakelander
08-28-2009, 09:17 AM
STFU about it already! :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
08-28-2009, 09:28 AM
http://i27.tinypic.com/1pi4bc.jpg

Fire Haley
08-28-2009, 09:55 AM
woo-hoo!

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Super+Bowl+XLIII+FFv9F_XxwStl.jpg

fansince'76
08-28-2009, 09:56 AM
woo-hoo!

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Super+Bowl+XLIII+FFv9F_XxwStl.jpg

NO TD! DERE WUZ CLIPING ON DAT PLAY! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! :crying01:

FSUBoo
08-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Even if the TD doesn't count there ,we still get one more play. The refs even said there was a penalty against the Cards and we'd have had an offensive play. And I don't think Big Ben would have let us be stopped.:chuckle:

AvoidLLoyd95
08-29-2009, 10:44 PM

I just love the reaction by the guys on the sideline, I remember that like it was yesterday, Silverback!!!

stillers4me
08-29-2009, 10:46 PM

That had to have hurt. :chuckle:

LVSteelersfan
08-29-2009, 11:19 PM
I am so glad Madden is gone. He was a disgrace as a football analyst. You are not supposed to have favorite teams and teams you hate as an analyst. Harrison did nothing wrong. Just like Hines did nothing wrong with Keith Rivers. Overreaction by the rules committee. John Gruden can't believe the pussification of the NFL any more than us old,diehard fans.

Shoes
08-29-2009, 11:23 PM

:rofl:

fansince'76
08-29-2009, 11:45 PM
I am so glad Madden is gone. He was a disgrace as a football analyst. You are not supposed to have favorite teams and teams you hate as an analyst. Harrison did nothing wrong.

Don't forget this gem:

"That didn't look like a hold to me!"

lcTm9PPdT3I&

Locklear getting a fistful of Haggans' jersey and yanking him backwards with it wasn't a hold, but Hartwig getting absolutely trucked without getting a hand on the defender was. Once again, good riddance, lardass! Time to let the Immaculate Reception go already. :coffee:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-30-2009, 06:33 AM
No double standard at all. Smith was a loud-mouthed, arrogant wanna be and Harrison is the real deal. Very simple. :drink:

Not to mention Anthony Smith hit people during non-contact drills...Harrison will go at a blocker hard like he's in a game in contact drills, but he holds back in non and limited contact drills.

SteelTalons
08-30-2009, 10:52 AM
It might have been disgust before, but Im curious to find out why james had punched that guy in the kickoff in the superbowl.

He wasn't hired for his disposition ether.

Slanted August
08-30-2009, 11:13 AM

Go Steelers!

Great Points...

sherlock
08-30-2009, 11:42 AM
a fat, bloated, bitter, Steelers-hating douchebag in the booth (Madden) calling for an ejection over it back in the day.

HAHA!!!
You don`t like him do you 76!!
My heart used to drop when I saw he was going to do a commentary.
During last years Pro-Bowl he was interviewed at half time and I was struck by his eyes.....they looked completely pig-like and I was genuinely freaked out by them.
Shiver:jawdrop:

shinoff2183
09-01-2009, 11:49 PM
No I am not a ravens fan not even for a second, Ive been a steeler fan since I was young back in 91-92 or so.

I was just asking a legit question and some of you got your panties in a bunch.

Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings for posting that. I am looking forward to my time here and didnt wanna start off to a bad start, but I really didnt expect some of the reactions. O well

See yall around.

Steeldude
09-02-2009, 12:52 AM
I was just asking a legit question

but it wasn't legit. harrison never punched him.

Also I have read that Harrison has knocked around some people in practice, but Anthony smith did the same thing last year and people were crying it was just practice. There seems to be a double standard right there

no double-standard. smith hit defenseless WRs. he did so after being warned by lebeau not to do it. harrison was involved in a minor camp scuffle. it's not like he blindsided the guy.

JackHammer
09-02-2009, 04:12 AM
For teh lulz :laughing:! That music is just perfect:laughing:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vc66Hn-JxlY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vc66Hn-JxlY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

pancake
09-02-2009, 04:45 AM

:thumbsup:

HometownGal
09-02-2009, 06:33 AM
My heart used to drop when I saw he was going to do a commentary.
During last years Pro-Bowl he was interviewed at half time and I was struck by his eyes.....they looked completely pig-like and I was genuinely freaked out by them.
Shiver:jawdrop:

:toofunny::laughing::toofunny:

His entire being looks pig-like, including his hands which look pig-knuckled hooves.