PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 things I will be watching this year

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-29-2009, 09:28 AM
1) Running game...I dont care at this point if it is ...the line...the running backs...or the o-line coach...I am going to be very interested in seeing if we get back to an effective run game.

2) Overall Depth...As a draft-geek, I will be watching to see where we need upgrades and where we are thin...so that I can start looking at college players this season. (Already looking at LBers...NT's...and OT's)

3) Field Position....as Galax stated, it will be interesting to see if our return game improves and gives our returning World Champs the added benefit of better field position than last year....Add the return of Sepulveda to that equation and we have something to be very excited about.

4) WR's....I havent been this excited about our reciever corp since the 96 Super bowl team..Andre Hastings...Yancey Thigpen...Ernie Mills...Charles Johnson..and Kordell Stewart. I loved our depth back then, but I would argue that this years corp will be deeper and more talented.

5) Dick Lebeau..Make no mistake, we are witnessing a legend every time he comes out of the tunnel I dont know how many more years we are going to be privileged enough to have him on the sideline, so I am going to fully pay attention and give proper reverence to our defensive coordinator this year.

Hammer Of The GODS
08-29-2009, 09:53 AM
1) Running game...I dont care at this point if it is ...the line...the running backs...or the o-line coach...I am going to be very interested in seeing if we get back to an effective run game.

Agreed. A more effective rushing attack is the catalyst for a "better" season. It helps the passing attack and can help bring down the hits on Ben.

2) Overall Depth...As a draft-geek, I will be watching to see where we need upgrades and where we are thin...so that I can start looking at college players this season. (Already looking at LBers...NT's...and OT's)

In this area I'd have to say that if BA is going to be the OC for a while a look at a "blocking" TE should be in the mix. Heath is a double threat as a TE, but in the 2 TE set I would like to see a better blocker opposite him.

3) Field Position....as Galax stated, it will be interesting to see if our return game improves and gives our returning World Champs the added benefit of better field position than last year....Add the return of Sepulveda to that equation and we have something to be very excited about.

I can't improve on that statement. It could be the very element to put us back in the SB.

4) WR's....I havent been this excited about our reciever corp since the 96 Super bowl team..Andre Hastings...Yancey Thigpen...Ernie Mills...Charles Johnson..and Kordell Stewart. I loved our depth back then, but I would argue that this years corp will be deeper and more talented.

On paper they look to be better. But we need to see more consistancy from Sweed and the rookies. But like you I am excited to see what "could be" the best group since the guys you mentioned. I also think that Ben makes these guys better than Neil O'Donnel made his group.

5) Dick Lebeau..Make no mistake, we are witnessing a legend every time he comes out of the tunnel I dont know how many more years we are going to be privileged enough to have him on the sideline, so I am going to fully pay attention and give proper reverence to our defensive coordinator this year.

Amen brother!

Steel Head
08-29-2009, 10:50 AM
#1 - us winning

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-29-2009, 11:25 AM
#1 - us winning

LOL...that goes without saying!!

Spidey
08-29-2009, 12:16 PM
1. Bruce's play calling - needs to improve dramatically.

2. O'line - the weakest unit on this team, be good to see who performs above and below expectation.

3. Return game - I'm expecting big things!

4. Spine of the Defense - Casey/Farrior are these guys still up for it or will production start to fall off?

5. Mike - Can he avoid a Cowher like SB slump?

Go Steelers!!:tt:

wootawnee
08-29-2009, 03:54 PM
5. :popcorn:New items on the Primanti's menu to gorge.....:popcorn:

4. :drink:New and cheaper beers to suck down during the game.....:drink:

3. :rofl: If it snows during a Browns game a fan to bomb snowballs at........:rofl:

2. :hatsoff:Fine looking lady Steeler fans at the games or tailgating or in the pubs......:wave:

1. :tt02:The ghost of Myron Cope waving a terrible towel......:tt03:

LambertLunatic
08-29-2009, 07:40 PM
2. O'line - the weakest unit on this team, be good to see who performs above and below expectation.

It would be pretty hard for anyone to perform below expectations.

steelreserve
08-30-2009, 06:22 AM

I would be very surprised if we don't draft a LB with a high pick this year. That's a position that needs constant replenishment, and we haven't picked anyone up there for two years except Bruce Davis, who probably isn't going to do shit.

Texasteel
08-30-2009, 07:44 AM
2. :hatsoff:Fine looking lady Steeler fans at the games or tailgating or in the pubs......:wave:

I have admit, I would love to have a pretty Steelers lady next to me to watch the games.

wootawnee
08-30-2009, 06:22 PM
I have admit, I would love to have a pretty Steelers lady next to me to watch the games.

Yea bra....