PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Bills GAMEBALL

SteelCityMan786
08-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Giving mine to the Starting D and Big Ben. But overall this was a STRONG showing by pretty much the entire team.

Psyychoward86
08-29-2009, 09:16 PM
BB!

MACH1
08-29-2009, 09:17 PM
The O line, they didn't get Ben killed.

fansince'76
08-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Hard to say for me, as the entire first string played really well, IMO. I guess Ben on offense and Farrior on D for the pick-six, if I had to pick someone.

SteelCityMan786
08-29-2009, 09:26 PM
The O line, they didn't get Ben killed.

Hopefully things keep up.

AllD
08-29-2009, 09:36 PM
BB and Farrior honorable mention.

Hotrodder07
08-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Roethlisberger. Farrior. The whole defense, actually. Great game all around.

sharkweek
08-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Ward had some sick catches but for the most part Ben was zipping the ball into some tight windows all around.

Farrior on the D for sure, not just the pick 6 but overall solid play (lead the D in stats) and a sack and forced fumble (which unfortunately went OOB).

Hines Ward made some good catches, its going to be a sad day when he retires

it won't be that sad if that day is reminiscent of the day Bettis retired :tt02:

Fire Haley
08-29-2009, 10:07 PM
1st team Offense and Defense were ready to play.

Take a week off and light it up for real.

tyler289
08-29-2009, 10:43 PM
I thought Sweed played really well. Made a lot of really nice catches in tight space.

jjpro11
08-29-2009, 11:02 PM
very impressive performance from the entire first team. obviously Ben, Farrior and Ward stand out.. but the entire defense was on the money tonight and Sweed had some nice grabs.

The Lakelander
08-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Mendenhall has got to stop fumbling the football. That one tonight was unforced ... just plain sloppy!

O Sensei
08-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Big Ben, Potsie....first string was solid all around. but it's buffalo, they should be.:tt02::thumbsup::tt02:

O Sensei
08-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Gotta echo what JJ said...some of sweeds grabs were...very unsweedlike....I think someone is about to take that next step...
How sweed INDEED!

BA called some good plays tonight too, we know it's still vanilla right now, but oftentimes, especially against inferior opposition it's easy to let down, or lack concentration...none of that here tonight. Big Ups to the staff all around.:drink:

sharkweek
08-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Mendenhall has got to stop fumbling the football. That one tonight was unforced ... just plain sloppy!

#95 Kyle Williams got a good helemt/shoulder/arm right into the ball almost immediately after the point of exchange. It also looked like the blocker was beaten, as he practically threw the defender into Mendenhall. Of course maybe I was just seeing things...

Gotta echo what JJ said...some of sweeds grabs were...very unsweedlike....I think someone is about to take that next step...
How sweed INDEED!

Sweed has been making really amazing catches all preseason long and even last season. His problem has been (paradoxically) hanging on to the easy/boring catches, which I'd bet money on will quickly go away the more playing time he gets under his belt.

O Sensei
08-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Sweed is lookin pretty damn sweet....Sweed, Hines, 'Tone and Big H....with Mendy catching outta the backfield.....likin' this pass O.....kudos to BA....did i just say that.....I may have a ......

FEVER!!!!!!!:

:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet:

sharkweek
08-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Ben did run a very pass oriented offense when he played in college where I was able to seem him play often (most of my family went to Miami U) so I've always believed he could do it in the NFL, he has just never really had the chance because that's not who the Steelers are (or were), so there's always that potential for the Steelers to surprise everyone as a passing juggernaut.

Keep in mind that not even golden boy Tom Brady had a 30+ TD season until he broke the NFL record with 50. I wouldn't be surprised at all if one of these seasons Ben & Co. do something similar, although I certainly don't expect it; the Steelers are a shut down team once they gain a good lead, they don't run up the score, and I don't mind it one bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3nQgU3B600

I got to see that game in person :thumbsup:

Preacher
08-30-2009, 12:29 AM
I think I gotta give mine to Sweed. WOW.

That kid has really come a long ways.

I said it last year.... he has the skills, but didn't have the timing of the NFL down. This year, it could be a whole different ballgame!

MasterOfPuppets
08-30-2009, 12:50 AM
SWEEEEEED

Preacher
08-30-2009, 01:16 AM
SWEEEEEED

I think you mean...

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59/meraby/Picture1.gif

Texasteel
08-30-2009, 06:59 AM
I think you mean...

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59/meraby/Picture1.gif

It sounded like Sweed had a great game. Did he drop anything throw to him?

theplatypus
08-30-2009, 08:11 AM
It sounded like Sweed had a great game. Did he drop anything throw to him?

I don't remember any drops, but he did have a stupid holding penalty on a reverse to Wallace.

SteelersMongol
08-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Hines Ward! The man still got it after all these years. This makes his jersey that I wear more & more satisfiable. LOL.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Wow...gotta go with Farrior.
As others have said..Ben...Hines...and Limas get honorable mention....but I would like to bring up the play of rookie CB Burnett. Though not "Game-Ball Worthy"...he played a solid game last night. He may need it to make the squad...or even the PS.

steeltheone
08-30-2009, 08:49 AM
BB easily a top 3 QB. COMING INTO HIS PRIME.

Galax Steeler
08-30-2009, 09:04 AM
I have to give it to Farrior he played a great game.

stillers4me
08-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Went to the Steelers bar last night and they couldn't get the game. They had a guy on the roof try to adjust the satellite for 2 hours so we left around halftime ( one guy was getting us updates on his i phone) and was able to listen to the rest of the game on the Serius radio!!!!

It sounds like a great team effort on both sides of the ball!

Who's ready to whoop someTitan ass?????????? :tt03:

Steeldude
08-30-2009, 10:33 AM
i haven't watched the game yet. i noticed mendenhall's YPC is rather anemic when you take away his 13 yard run(15 for 35yds). is that because of mendenhall or the O-line failing to open holes, as usual?

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-30-2009, 10:39 AM
i haven't watched the game yet. i noticed mendenhall's YPC is rather anemic when you take away his 13 yard run(15 for 35yds). is that because of mendenhall or the O-line failing to open holes, as usual?

On the 4 yard TD...it looked like he could have ran for another 5 yards if he was in the open field...and the run with the fumble was directly related to Kemo getting beat by his man. I thought he looked solid. The O-line looked okay but wasnt consistent...they did look better in pass blocking.

steeltheone
08-30-2009, 03:16 PM
he had the perfect hand off. A fumbles a fumble.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-30-2009, 03:43 PM
he had the perfect hand off. A fumbles a fumble.

A fumble is a fumble...but the blame for one isnt always readily apparant.

Tomlin virtually absolved Mendenhall of wrongdoing after the game; the coach blamed the offensive line for allowing penetration by Williams.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09242/994322-66.stm

...after the game, Tomlin attributed the fumble to penetration over left guard Chris Kemoeatu.

“It looked like we got some penetration from (Kyle) Williams, who is a good football player,” said Tomlin. “He got underneath Chris Kemoeatu and created some penetration there. It’s just one of those things that happens. There’s no question we have to do a better job of ball security. We will always be searching for the ceiling in regards to that. What we want is 100 percent ball security. When we get that kind of penetration, we’re not surprised with the negative things that happen on plays like that where the guy is in the backfield.”
http://2009.steelers.com/article/109017/

sharkweek
08-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah, watch the replay over and over and you'll clearly see Mendenhall getting nailed immediately after being handed the ball. He was still in the process of securing the ball away from the hand off when he was hit. Give credit where credit is due, Kyle Williams made a great play for his team.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, watch the replay over and over and you'll clearly see Mendenhall getting nailed immediately after being handed the ball. He was still in the process of securing the ball away from the hand off when he was hit. Give credit where credit is due, Kyle Williams made a great play for his team.

Great play by Williams...one step faster and he might have gotten the handoff from Ben.
:chuckle:

mmalone
08-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Game ball to Ward...

Sweed played great.. got 1st downs
Moore played good, got first downs.
Mendy was looking good.

Defense, Harrison and Farrior played strong... hard to argue with a big 0 on the board.

HometownGal
08-30-2009, 06:24 PM
After FINALLY watching the game on my DVR, as I wasn't able to watch it live last night due to a family emergency, I would have to give out 2 game balls. One to the Steelers D as a whole and another one (with a :kiss:) to Potsie - 1 INT, 1 sack and 1 FF. :tt02:

Psyychoward86
08-30-2009, 07:06 PM
After FINALLY watching the game on my DVR, as I wasn't able to watch it live last night due to a family emergency, I would have to give out 2 game balls. One to the Steelers D as a whole and another one (with a :kiss:) to Potsie - 1 INT, 1 sack and 1 FF. :tt02:

No love for Danny simply for standing around looking good for you on the T.V? :flap:

SteelMember
08-31-2009, 08:44 AM
Offense - Ward
Defense - Farrior

Although Ben had a pretty good game, I have to give the credit to the Wr's today. Ben was throwing a bit behind guys making them show their stuff. Sweed had at least 2 catches he had to go back for, and Hines, well, we all know him. He just makes the play.

The pick 6 by Farrior was a great read. He broke on that crossing route even before the receiver was in frame. Reminded me of last years Townsend pick 6.

stb_steeler
09-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Logan gets some of the credit, after all he gave us good field position, Oh and Ben of coarse. Looked alot better in this game.