PDA

View Full Version : SOLID PERFORMANCE...

thesteelersreport.com
08-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Some very bright spots to the evening.

--------------------------
THE STEELERS REPORT 2009 (http://www.thesteelersreport.com/index.html)

BlastFurnace
08-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Solid First Post

thesteelersreport.com
08-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks, pops!

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2009, 10:17 PM
solid ??? i wouldn't call 2.1 yds avg running the ball solid.

thesteelersreport.com
08-29-2009, 10:22 PM

If my choice is....

17-0 and 2.1 ypc

vs.

42-44 and 10.3 ypc......

I'll take the 2.1 ypc all day.

I did say SOME bright spots.

pancake
08-29-2009, 10:24 PM
What did Logan do tonight???

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2009, 10:27 PM
If my choice is....

17-0 and 2.1 ypc

vs.

42-44 and 10.3 ypc......

I'll take the 2.1 ypc all day.

I did say SOME bright spots.

THE STEELERS REPORT 2009 (http://www.thesteelersreport.com/index.html) then maybe you should have made that your thread title. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2009, 10:28 PM
What did Logan do tonight???
4 punt returns 15 yd avg...long 27 yds...:thumbsup:

thesteelersreport.com
08-29-2009, 10:29 PM
4-63 long 27

thesteelersreport.com
08-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Anytime it's 17-0 it's a solid performance....I could give a rat's arse about YPC.

pancake
08-29-2009, 10:32 PM
4 punt returns 15 yd avg...long 27 yds...:thumbsup:

Sounds like he has made the team... I'm excited about having a return game...

fansince'76
08-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Anytime it's 17-0 it's a solid performance....I could give a rat's arse about YPC.

Agreed, not to mention about a 3-1 advantage in TOP, but for a lot of people, it's all about the FF numbers.

thesteelersreport.com
08-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Not if you live in the Burgh....you just care about the Ws.

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-29-2009, 11:26 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. Most of that was due to our backups in the second half averaging 1.8 YPC, pounding the ball up the middle every play when the other team is expecting the run and stacking 8 or 9 guys in the box.

You can't have it both ways....would you rather pretty fantasy stats, or would you like for our offense to be efficient in the second half in eating up the clock and maintaining time of possession?

The "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense is not known for being a huge producer of gaudy fantasy stats....

It was a strong showing by the Steelers, and it just put the rest of the league on notice: the reigning champs are here to defend their title this year.

wootawnee
08-30-2009, 01:50 AM
then maybe you should have made that your thread title. :chuckle:

Post your own thread and name it what you want....:blah:

MACH1
08-30-2009, 01:52 AM

Ding ding ding we have a winner :drink:

StainlessStill
08-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Very solid, indeed. I just don't see a weakness on this team since Logan is going to fill the gap of kick and punt return. With the emergence of Danny S, and Logan, we have few weak spots once again. I am very excited to watch this 2009 team. We are that good. I'm not sure if it's in us to lose much this year. Confidence is running high in the Burgh.

OX1947
08-30-2009, 02:52 AM
Steelers looked scary today. I loved the game from beginning to end. Seriously, if the Steelers do not have any season ending injuries to the main players, this team is going 14-2 and home field throughout and possible a trip to Miami.

Kittyfish
08-30-2009, 07:34 AM
^^^ ITA, that was a great game, very fun to watch. I loved how Burnett flew all horizontal, Superman-like when blocking that field goal to keep the game a shut-out.

My question - how of that was us being really good and how much was due to the Bills not being a very good team to begin with? Thoughts?

theplatypus
08-30-2009, 07:57 AM
My question - how of that was us being really good and how much was due to the Bills not being a very good team to begin with? Thoughts?

They were 14th in the league on defense and 25th on offense last year. Personally I was pretty happy with what I saw from the 1st string offense last night. It was basically the first time we've had all of the starters on the field. Crap, now that I think about it we were missing Santonio and FWP last night, which makes me ever happier about last nights performance.

steeltheone
08-30-2009, 08:47 AM
It is what it is... Big Ben carried the team. The holes Mendy ran thru were a product of the passing game. I'm not complaining. BB is coming into his prime. Fun to watch. Without him, we are in trouble.

Galax Steeler
08-30-2009, 09:00 AM
I thought the team looked good last night we still have a few kinks to work out but we should be ok.

Shoes
08-30-2009, 09:19 AM
It is what it is... Big Ben carried the team. The holes Mendy ran thru were a product of the passing game. I'm not complaining. BB is coming into his prime. Fun to watch. Without him, we are in trouble.

BB had a good night, but CB played well also, SWEEEEEEEEEED had some great catches as did HW & HM. MeMo looked good, Mendy looked better, O line looked better. The D held the Bill's to 0 points..scoring a TD and blocking a FG.....Looks like a team effort to me :tt::tt:

Give It To Abercrombie
08-30-2009, 09:41 AM
BB had a good night, but CB played well also, SWEEEEEEEEEED had some great catches as did HW & HM. MeMo looked good, Mendy looked better, O line looked better. The D held the Bill's to 0 points..scoring 7 and blocking a FG.....Looks like a team effort to me :tt::tt:

I am getting very close to offering money to anyone who can go an entire post without using god damn nicknames. Love the excitement, the enthusiasm, the towel waving, but _______ me I hate trying to figure out who the ______ everyone is talking about sometimes.

Do announcers say shit like "BB takes the snap from Da Hart, ooh MStar just flattened his man, HM looks open but Benny-Wenny can't see him. He passed to Mendy out in the flat and HW, MW, LimaBeans and HeathBar all make crushing blocks.....Mendy still on his feet...crosses midfield and BAM, what a block by the Black Hole, look at the big fella get all the way downfield...... :banging:

OneForTheToe
08-30-2009, 09:56 AM
I am getting very close to offering money to anyone who can go an entire post without using god damn nicknames. Love the excitement, the enthusiasm, the towel waving, but _______ me I hate trying to figure out who the ______ everyone is talking about sometimes.

Do announcers say shit like "BB takes the snap from Da Hart, ooh MStar just flattened his man, HM looks open but Benny-Wenny can't see him. He passed to Mendy out in the flat and HW, MW, LimaBeans and HeathBar all make crushing blocks.....Mendy still on his feet...crosses midfield and BAM, what a block by the Black Hole, look at the big fella get all the way downfield...... :banging:

Hey who is the Black hole, GITA? :wink02::wave:

Shoes
08-30-2009, 09:59 AM

Let me know when you start offering money and I'll spell them all out in CAP LETTERS :chuckle:..................BTW I like your sig "Arlen Specter -- jumping ship to save his ass when he was getting crushed in pre-primary polling. Douchebag."

Steeldude
08-30-2009, 10:24 AM
the steelers made a game plan against buffalo. didn't the article say tomlin treated this game like a regular season game? i don't care about pre-season wins. i want to see the O-line showing signs of getting better. has it happened?

Preacher
08-30-2009, 10:56 AM

You obviously have never listened to baseball :rofl:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-30-2009, 11:12 AM

I was talking to HTG about the sam M.O. I wish someone would K.O. that crap PDQ or at least ASAP.
:chuckle:

OneForTheToe
08-30-2009, 01:56 PM
I was talking to HTG about the sam M.O. I wish someone would K.O. that crap PDQ or at least ASAP.

LMAOROTG, LLT.

stillers4me
08-30-2009, 02:12 PM
We listened to the second half of the game on satellite radio and my husband said, "who's Potsie?" :chuckle:

HometownGal
08-30-2009, 06:36 PM

What does living in the Burgh have to do with anything? Steeler Nation is worldwide and I heard a rumor that some of the intergalactic residents are joining up. :chuckle:

Seriously, though - having lived in the Burgh for the majority of my life, I can honestly say that I've come across more loyal Steelers fans outside of Pittsburgh, throughout the country, up north in Canada and across the Big Pond than I've seen here. Many Pittsburghers are the true definition of bandwagon fans - I've seen it with the Steelers, the Pens and the Pirates (sorry I had to mention them in the same sentence :chuckle:).

Fordy
08-30-2009, 10:25 PM
What does living in the Burgh have to do with anything? Steeler Nation is worldwide and I heard a rumor that some of the intergalactic residents are joining up. :chuckle:

Seriously, though - having lived in the Burgh for the majority of my life, I can honestly say that I've come across more loyal Steelers fans outside of Pittsburgh, throughout the country, up north in Canada and across the Big Pond than I've seen here. Many Pittsburghers are the true definition of bandwagon fans - I've seen it with the Steelers, the Pens and the Pirates (sorry I had to mention them in the same sentence :chuckle:).

As a lifelong New Jersey resident and die-hard steeler fan since birth Id like to say thank you for this post, HTG :tt03:

Steel Head
08-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Big Ben, Ward and the D were in midseason form

wtf is up w Kemo? he totally whiffed on a few plays and nearly got a teammate murdered. that idiot better wake the F up

OneForTheToe
08-30-2009, 11:31 PM

I think at this point you can't even label a fan who has lost interest in the Pirates a fair weather fan. God Bless those who continue to watch. I love the Pirates (I rooted for them before I knew the Steelers), but I just can't bare it anymore. It is one thing to abandon a your team when they are bad (and the Steelers and Pens have had bad times which is when you find out who the real fans are) However, it is quite another when you have been fooled over and over again to the point where the team is on the verge of having the longest under 500 streak in the history of the four major North American Sports..

Sorry, for the rant - it just shameful.

Happy thoughts - Steelers - Pens.

MasterOfPuppets
08-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Ouch. I think at this point you can't even label a fan who has lost interest in the Pirates a fair weather fan. God Bless those who continue to watch. I love the Pirates, but I just can't bare it anymore. It is one thing to abandon a your team when they are bad (and the Steelers and Pens have had them which is when you find out who the real fans are)), it is quite another when you have been fooled over and over again. Sorry, for the rant - it just shameful i agree ... i'd find it very difficult to remain loyal to a team who's owner doesn't give a rats ass about being competetive... i wouldn't go see a pirate game if it was free to get in. they'd either have to change ownership or give away free beer to get me in there...

X-Terminator
08-31-2009, 02:14 AM
i agree ... i'd find it very difficult to remain loyal to a team who's owner doesn't give a rats ass about being competetive... i wouldn't go see a pirate game if it was free to get in. they'd either have to change ownership or give away free beer to get me in there...

The sad part is that the Pirates will have 2 legitimate studs in McCutchen and Alvarez next year, 2 guys that a team with an owner worth a damn would spend a little cash to build around. They even have the makings of a decent and young starting rotation. Unfortunately, they don't have an owner worth a damn, so those guys will be stuck with garbage until they are ultimately traded to the Yankees or Red Sox.

Anyway, gotten WAY off topic...

thesteelersreport.com
08-31-2009, 06:43 AM
The Pirates ownersip is a complete disgrace to professionnal sports.

What other team in ANY league builds prospects and then dumps then year after year so the owners can pad their back pocket?

Making money is part of business, but the only reason the Nutting's keep making money is because suckers keep paying major league prices to watch a minor league product.

Give It To Abercrombie
08-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Let me know when you start offering money and I'll spell them all out in CAP LETTERS :chuckle:..................BTW I like your sig "Arlen Specter -- jumping ship to save his ass when he was getting crushed in pre-primary polling. Douchebag."

Didn't mean to single anyone out, sorry about that. Was just one of those days.

:drink:

And thanks.

Give It To Abercrombie
08-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey who is the Black hole, GITA? :wink02::wave:

Colon. Thought Black Hole was more appropriate than 'Starfish' or 'Balloon-Knot'.

Give It To Abercrombie
08-31-2009, 04:17 PM

:poke:

They need one of these smiley faced guys that sits with his fingers in his ears going "la la la la la la la la la", like I do when I am forced into listening to my wife and her friends talk, and talk, and talk, and talk.......

LVSteelersfan
08-31-2009, 07:34 PM

I agree. When it comes to Steelers I could care less about stats. The only one drafted in my money fantasy football league was the Steelers DST. I could care less how Ben and company do fantasy football wise as long as they win. If they win ugly, who cares as long as it is in the W column.

LVSteelersfan
08-31-2009, 07:42 PM
I quit watching baseball after the last strike season years ago. I was a Pirates fan back in the Clemente days before I was a Steelers fan. Now quite frankly I would rather sit and watch paint dry than watch baseball. It is a joke because of the way the salaries are structured and the rich teams win and the poor teams never win. Sorry, can't watch that crap any more.