PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 3 tickets for Pittsburgh Steelers v. Tennessee Titans (Sept 10th Opener)

klick81
08-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Hey all, thought I would post two separate auctions I have going on on eBay. One is for a single game ticket, and the other is for two together (all in the 500's).

Single ticket section 518:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110428710186&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Two tickets section 527:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110429863595&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Mods: if this breaks any rules, please feel free to remove the thread. Thanks for looking!

7willBheaven
08-31-2009, 01:09 PM
I would be interested, but your looking to make money off them (not that theres a problem with that)...but your wanting close to twice what they are worth. You'd think you'd wanna charge closer to their value, like a lot of people do who post tix on various Steelers MBs, so real Steelers fans (like off the site here) would be able to enjoy it and not pay sooo much, instead of jackin up the price like most people on ebay do!

thebigrigatoni
08-31-2009, 02:36 PM
I would be interested, but your looking to make money off them (not that theres a problem with that)...but your wanting close to twice what they are worth. You'd think you'd wanna charge closer to their value, like a lot of people do who post tix on various Steelers MBs, so real Steelers fans (like off the site here) would be able to enjoy it and not pay sooo much, instead of jackin up the price like most people on ebay do!

If he does charge closer to face value, i would be interested in the two tix..coming in from Rochester, NY

klick81
08-31-2009, 03:11 PM
I made the original purchase on these tickets as a sort of "investment" to off-set what I paid on the tickets I will be using.

If for some reason they do not sell, feel free to PM me your contact info, as I will be in Pittsburgh the week of the game. We can meet up and make a transaction close to face value if you'd like.

klick81
08-31-2009, 09:35 PM
The pair has sold! The single ticket is still available.

klick81
09-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I don't think these prices are too steep. They sometimes go for 3X the face value, which is exactly what you paid.

7willBheaven
09-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Yeah...like i said i dont have a problem with what your doing...its understandable and all. And oh yeah...compared to some i've seen 4-5 times the face value before. But still....

klick81
09-01-2009, 03:52 PM
But still what?

Would you feel better if I passed up the opportunity to recover some of my losses so that you can have cheap seats?

I'll only do that for my close buddies.

Everyone else is fair game, seeing as how I'd have ZERO chance of anyone else saving me some tickets at face value.

This is still a Capitalist economy!

SteelersHoss
09-01-2009, 07:40 PM
But still what?

Would you feel better if I passed up the opportunity to recover some of my losses so that you can have cheap seats?

I'll only do that for my close buddies.

Everyone else is fair game, seeing as how I'd have ZERO chance of anyone else saving me some tickets at face value.

This is still a Capitalist economy!

It is your choice to buy the more expensive seats... You could always buy the cheaper seats, and leave the more expensive seats to someone who is not looking to profit off them. I am quite sure you would be pissed if you really wanted to go to a game and some broker bought a bunch of tickets and wanted to sell them to for a much larger profit. You buy tickets because you want to see the game, you shouldn't be looking to offset your costs. You may be going to the game for the wrong reason.

klick81
09-01-2009, 08:15 PM
It is your choice to buy the more expensive seats... You could always buy the cheaper seats, and leave the more expensive seats to someone who is not looking to profit off them. I am quite sure you would be pissed if you really wanted to go to a game and some broker bought a bunch of tickets and wanted to sell them to for a much larger profit. You buy tickets because you want to see the game, you shouldn't be looking to offset your costs. You may be going to the game for the wrong reason.

I bought tickets because 1) I want to see the game, and 2) to re-sell the tickets that I was able to buy at face value, to off-set the "ass-reaming" I took for the better seats that I was able to AFFORD.

Single ticket still for sale!

ARN CITY
09-02-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't have an issue with selling more than face value.

If you want to pay face value, go buy a seat license. See how much that costs you.

That's what I did. I spent thousands of dollars for it and now I sell a number of tickets per season to recoupe some of that cost. I would have to sell a lot of tickets for a 10+ years to recoupe the seat license cost.

Not sure why everyone thinks they should pay face value. That's like saying I bought this stock for $50 and now it's worth $200 but I will still sell it to you for $50, because you are a big fan of the company.

On that note, I just realized that you can no longer sell tickets on Ticketmaster. What's up with that?