PDA

View Full Version : Casey hampton surprise cut ?

Steel-Bryan
08-31-2009, 12:29 PM
RaiderJF, Sarasota, FL
01:19 PM ET
Jason, Do you see any "surprise cuts" of household name vets coming in the couple of weeks? Seems like there are always a few eye-brow raisers every year. Who do you see that could be on the bubble right now that could find themselves on the cut list in the next two weeks?

Jason La Canfora, NFL Network
One player I am sniffing around on right now is Casey Hampton. Steelers could use some cap room, he may not be someoen they would extend at this point. Id think a trade is more likely, but some people I know close to the situation say they would not be stunned if a move of some sort was made.

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/413

Steel Head
08-31-2009, 12:30 PM
please someone punch this guy in the face:

dumbest thing I've ever read

fansince'76
08-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Is this Jason La Canfora (who?) one of the same dudes that swore up and down that we'd sign Vick? :coffee:

Steel Head
08-31-2009, 12:35 PM
I don't understand how these idiots have jobs :noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I cannot stand this guy.....he is the biggest band-wagon jumper in the world...cant form an opinion on his own and just hops on the current "in".

If you ever read his chats on NFL.com...its just shallow fluff with no pertinent information at all.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Is this Jason La Canfora (who?) one of the same dudes that swore up and down that we'd sign Vick? :coffee:

Also the same guy that said "At first glance, all the indications would be that the Patriots reached for many of their draft picks. but you have to think that Belichik knows what he is doing, so their draft grade remains high".

WHAT!!!!

YOU are supposed to critique draft picks based on the facts...not bow at the Belichik throne and give up the right to criticize!!!!

LaCanfora is spanish for "Unqualified Ass-Clown"

KeiselPower99
08-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Way to go NFL Network, You didnt keep a good guy in Scheffler and have this fool be your top guy. He is such a tool. He looks like a guy that should be doing your taxes not telling ya about football.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-31-2009, 12:57 PM
I'd really be surprised if this happens, but for the most part I can see Hampton playing out his contract and either getting tagged or leaving next season.

LaCanfora really has minimal connections compared to that of Shefter. I'm more likely to believe Steve Wyche on NFLN

LVSteelersfan
08-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Hampton is going nowhere fool. We don't have enough depth on the D-line to get rid of our anchor. What a maroon. I suspect he will get the franchise tag next year as well instead of a new contract.

The_WARDen
08-31-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey! Can I have a turn in the "Throw crap against the wall and hope it sticks?!" game?

Ben Roethlisberger surprise cut. In order to trim payroll, the Steelers will cut QB Ben Roethlisberger.

:coffee:

Psyychoward86
08-31-2009, 01:45 PM
:doh:

SteelMember
08-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey! Can I have a turn in the "Throw crap against the wall and hope it sticks?!" game?

Ben Roethlisberger surprise cut. In order to trim payroll, the Steelers will cut QB Ben Roethlisberger.

This was going to be my response...

Our best nose tackle....Yeah, lets cut him.

OneForTheToe
08-31-2009, 10:16 PM
RaiderJF, Sarasota, FL
01:19 PM ET
Jason, Do you see any "surprise cuts" of household name vets coming in the couple of weeks? Seems like there are always a few eye-brow raisers every year. Who do you see that could be on the bubble right now that could find themselves on the cut list in the next two weeks?

One player I am sniffing around on right now is Casey Hampton. Steelers could use some cap room, he may not be someoen they would extend at this point. Id think a trade is more likely, but some people I know close to the situation say they would not be stunned if a move of some sort was made.

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/413

By close to the situation, I'm sure he means his daughter or son was sitting close to the TV during the last Steelers' game and said: "daddy why don't they get rid of that guy. - he's fat?"

#1 Big Ben Fan
08-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Yea the Steelers are going to cut their anchor for their 3-4 defense coming off a Super Bowl title and with a great shot to repeat. Noway in hell Casey will be cut. He might not be here next year since he is a UFA but he will be a Steelers for 2009.

tony hipchest
08-31-2009, 10:38 PM

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/413this dude sucks. if the steelers needed cap relief they obviously got it by extending keisel today.

steelreserve
08-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Can someone explain to me again why we need cap room? All our guys are signed this year. Most of them longer than that.

devilsdancefloor
08-31-2009, 10:49 PM
damn if only he used twitter! I heard that sweed sucks mendy is a bust oh yeah and chan gailey is open for a job we are gonna sk him to come back and replace arians as well:banging:

tony hipchest
08-31-2009, 10:51 PM
Can someone explain to me again why we need cap room? All our guys are signed this year. Most of them longer than that.

exactly. were good. the more we spend towards the cap this year, the less we owe in the future.

all our players are signed and i havent seen anything that suggests we are over and need to make cuts.

augustashark
08-31-2009, 10:56 PM
damn if only he used twitter! I heard that sweed sucks mendy is a bust oh yeah and chan gailey is open for a job we are gonna sk him to come back and replace arians as well:banging:

Well, one of those would'nt be so bad.:chuckle:

#1 Big Ben Fan
08-31-2009, 11:28 PM
Who knows if the salary cap will even be around in the future. If the lock out happens then the cap will be gone forever. Steelers wouldn't need to save cap room then.

OneForTheToe
08-31-2009, 11:45 PM
Who knows if the salary cap will even be around in the future. If the lock out happens then the cap will be gone forever. Steelers wouldn't need to save cap room then.

Don't believe the hype .If sides on labor negotiations always stuck by their posturing positions, the country would have ground to a halt long ago. The cap won't be gone forever. The owners simply won't run a system without some control over salary cost. It may be less stringent control on veteran salaries, combined with something on rookies, and most likely will be called something other than a cap to save face, but some control will be there.

BTW - I saw a report the other week (can't remember where) about the likely 2010 uncapped season. The gist of the report was that, while some at the NFLPA seem to think it will be a windfall for the players, the owners are surprisingly calm about it. With the extension to reach FA from 4 to 6 years and the additional franchise tag, the owners feel 2010 won't be that much different for teams salaries than the past. Now, it will be very different by 2011 if there is no CBA because all those controls would be gone. That's when we have to worry about a work stoppage.

BTW Way - if I'm NFLPA Executive Director DeMaurice Smith, I would like to strangle Crabtree right now. Smith knows that the owners are banking on the fact that some portion of the veteran players are already uncomfortable with the huge guaranteed sums that unproven rookies are getting. It can't help that Crabtree is acting like Gordon Gecko.

stb_steeler
09-01-2009, 01:19 AM
We carnt lose Big Snack could we?. Tho it looks as if he's put on a few more this year.:spam::

HometownGal
09-01-2009, 04:43 AM
Sounds to me like he's been sniffing glue or someone's boxer shorts. :jerkit:

Big Snack aint going nowhere.

Preacher
09-01-2009, 05:03 AM
Sounds to me like he's been sniffing glue or someone's boxer shorts. :jerkit:

Big Snack aint going nowhere.

LOL

What are you doing up so early???

EDIT: Er... meant that as in, its six in the morning and you are here... not in reference to your actual post... though that was somewhat ironic! :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
09-01-2009, 06:18 AM

You have just ruined my day.:toofunny:

SteelMember
09-01-2009, 07:22 AM

They would not need to worry about possible ballooning UFA contracts if they sign them all now. Better to get them now, then later.

You know, 'cause the Rooney's are cheap. :wink02: