PDA

View Full Version : What About.....

Dylan
08-31-2009, 10:05 PM
Whats up with A.Q. Shipley. Will he be on the 53 man roster since Stapleton is on the IR.

I'm Hearing a lot of news on the other rookies, but nothing about Shipley. I know lineman don't get much attention, but with the injury to Stapleton it got me thinking about him. Are coaches impressed? Has he performed well? etc.

OneForTheToe
08-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Whats up with A.Q. Shipley. Will he be on the 53 man roster since Stapleton is on the IR.

I'm Hearing a lot of news on the other rookies, but nothing about Shipley. I know lineman don't get much attention, but with the injury to Stapleton it got me thinking about him. Are coaches impressed? Has he performed well? etc.

I liked Shipley when we drafted him and still do, but he is most likely headed for the PS. He is third string at center and Legursky is above him at guard as well. I don't think we are going to keep three centers on the 53 man roster.

steelreserve
08-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Not unless someone gets hurt.

He ought to have a good shot to at least make the roster next year if we don't re-sign Hartwig, which is looking pretty doubtful.

Steel Head
08-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Shipley to the practice squad imo

HometownGal
09-01-2009, 04:47 AM
I agree - AQ goes to the PS and I think he'll make the roster next season after Hartwig goes :wave: . Haven't heard much about him this preseason but that doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't impressed T & Z. I guess we'll know shortly.