PDA

View Full Version : Does Willie Parker make the Grade

stb_steeler
09-01-2009, 03:19 AM
Does it seem that Willy gets injuries more often now?. Injured with a hamstring by the 3rd preseason game already. I seen the NFL net clip with Deon Sanders talking with Tomlin saying Parker wants more money, and in reply from Coach Tomlin, show me on film he says. I kind of get the feeling he's not producing to Tomlins expectations. I have the feeling if he doesnt stay healthy or produce he's a gonner.

sherlock
09-01-2009, 03:30 AM
Damn!..I wasn`t aware that Willie was injured.
That`s such a shame.
Gotta say that I Iove FWP.I think he always seems to have the potential to do the spectacular so long as he stays free from injury.

steelreserve
09-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Well, everybody already knows how I feel about Parker. So instead, watch this interperative video that describes the effectiveness of our running game last season.

ZIaMUiIASbc

JackHammer
09-01-2009, 04:11 AM
Well, everybody already knows how I feel about Parker. So instead, watch this interperative video that describes the effectiveness of our running game last season.

It's as effective as this guy's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hil0xCAmWUM) constipation remedy:

SteelTalons
09-01-2009, 11:03 AM
I watched that interview, I think your stretching it a bit. At no point did I hear Parker is asking for more money. What I heard, was Deon ask Tomlin "Now my man Willie Parker is looking for a new contract this year, what do you have to say to him". And Tomlin laughed a little bit and said "Get it on tape, if we can't afford to pay him someone will".

So sounds to me, like Tomlin has no issue with Parker coming back, it just depends on if the money is there. And at this point personally, not speaking for Tomlin or anything like that. I dont think it will be, considering we still have Clark and Reed to get signed among other things. Unless Parker is up for a HT discount. :noidea:

steelreserve
09-01-2009, 01:08 PM
I watched that interview, I think your stretching it a bit. At no point did I hear Parker is asking for more money. What I heard, was Deon ask Tomlin "Now my man Willie Parker is looking for a new contract this year, what do you have to say to him". And Tomlin laughed a little bit and said "Get it on tape, if we can't afford to pay him someone will".

Well, that's not as good as "f*** off," but it's a start.

mmalone
09-01-2009, 02:18 PM
i guess we should sign him, trade him and get a first round pick and get our Center or Nose Tackle...

UltimateFootballNetwork
09-01-2009, 02:57 PM

So sounds to me, like Tomlin has no issue with Parker coming back, it just depends on if the money is there. And at this point personally, not speaking for Tomlin or anything like that. I dont think it will be, considering we still have Clark and Reed to get signed among other things. Unless Parker is up for a HT discount. :noidea:
Close to zero chance that the Steelers offer a 30 y/o RB a contract. Tomlin is rooting for FWP to have a big year so that someone offers him a good deal, but I'm sure he doesn't think it's going to happen and he knows that the Steelers will be spending their money elsewhere.

30 year old RBs do not get interest on the market. Brian Westbrook, LT, Larry Johnson, Thomas Jones and Jamal Lewis are all 30 this year and all of their teams have made plans to or have already replaced them as they have been more injury prone and less effective. Not sure why most don't see the exact same thing happening to FWP.

Steeldude
09-01-2009, 03:14 PM
i guess we should sign him, trade him and get a first round pick and get our Center or Nose Tackle...

you won't get anything higher than a 4th rounder for parker.

steelreserve
09-01-2009, 04:58 PM
30 year old RBs do not get interest on the market. Brian Westbrook, LT, Larry Johnson, Thomas Jones and Jamal Lewis are all 30 this year and all of their teams have made plans to or have already replaced them as they have been more injury prone and less effective. Not sure why most don't see the exact same thing happening to FWP.

Cardinals will probably pick him up. They have a thing for geriatric running backs.

mmalone
09-01-2009, 05:16 PM
you won't get anything higher than a 4th rounder for parker.

i guess then mendenhall should start... speed, power and youth

revefsreleets
09-01-2009, 05:22 PM
If this was a regular season game, Parker would be starting...

It's preseason. Parker is not a rookie anymore. A vet RB doesn't really need reps to get in a rhythm. This is much ado about nothing...

sharkweek
09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Parker isn't like a Bettis, who was consistent and reliable, never a flashy threat. Bettis never really trailed off with age, which is the exact opposite of what happens to RBs, he was an extremely rare exception. AND he also took a paycut and demotion to remain on and win a Superbowl. Would Parker do the same or will he go for the money? He does already have 2 Superbowls (possibly 3 after this season, *knocks on wood*) so perhaps he would go for gold over glory. Although at the same time, teams looking from the outside in might feel the same way, that his production numbers have gone down and his injuries up, he might not really be worth that much after this season unless he really goes back to his early form of exploding for several huge plays a game. And he'll have to do that with limited snaps assuming we aren't as injury plagued at RB like last year.

OneForTheToe
09-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Does Willie Parker make the Grade

HHHHmmmm .... is steelreserve grading the class? :chuckle::chuckle::wink02:

steeltheone
09-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Parker is not " rode hard" for his age....Mendenhall's year will determine Parkers worth almost as much as Parkers play.