PDA

View Full Version : Timmons out with high ankle sprain - could miss opener

Fire Haley
09-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Steelers' Timmons may miss opener with ankle sprain
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Linebacker Lawrence Timmons has a high ankle sprain that has left his status for the Steelers' season opener Sept. 10 against Tennessee in doubt.

Timmons today walked around the team's training facility in a protective boot on his injured left foot. Coach Mike Tomlin has ruled him out of Thursday night's game and said his focus is to try to get him healthy for the opener.

High ankle sprains often have kept players sidelined for two-three weeks.

Timmons, Tomlin's first draft choice after he became head coach in 2007, has replaced Larry Foote as the starting mack inside linebacker. Last season, he served as the nickel linebacker on defense and also started two games at outside linebacker because of injuries.

Sept. 10 would be his first start in a real game at inside linebacker. Keyaron Fox will replace him Thursday night in Carolina and would start if Timmons is unable to play in the opener.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09244/994695-66.stm#ixzz0PsPgkESQ

----------------------------

Bring it on Fox.

Steel Head
09-01-2009, 01:33 PM
F it

Fox is a friggin beast anyways

next man up

Steel_Bus_24
09-01-2009, 01:47 PM
damm it to hell............what was with all this hes fine BS:banging:

We better play our A game or were going to get punked in front of the whole league. Our margin of error just became that much slimmer

fansince'76
09-01-2009, 01:49 PM
This doesn't sound like "nothing" to me.

mmalone
09-01-2009, 02:02 PM
F it

Fox is a friggin beast anyways

next man up

i love how he flew over the defender and hit the QB.. Bring that game Mr. Fox. and we will be fine anytime.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-01-2009, 02:06 PM
There are starters, and then there are starters in waiting.

Fox, you need to be a starter in waiting.

steelreserve
09-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Doh.

All the worrying about inside LB depth, and it comes up even before the first game.

I'm a little less nervous about it since Fox seems like he's stepped up. But still ... man, not a good way to start the season on that front.

Fire Haley
09-01-2009, 02:09 PM
2-3 weeks is wishfull thinking for a high ankle sprain if you ask me. More like 4-6 weeks with lingering effects for a speed guy like him.

Remember Kendrell Bell. (Of course - we don't know how bad it is)

mulldog24
09-01-2009, 02:22 PM
I think we will be fine with Fox filling in for Timmons, he got us an INT last year and he hits like a ton of bricks so we will be OK. We'll just "LOCK AND LOAD"!!!

OneForTheToe
09-01-2009, 02:22 PM
2-3 weeks is wishfull thinking for a high ankle sprain if you ask me. More like 4-6 weeks with lingering effects for a speed guy like him.

That is a good point. and Kendrell tried to come back too quickly. Timmons needs to take all the time he needs. If it is 6 weeks, so be it.

The Lakelander
09-01-2009, 02:40 PM

We better play our A game or were going to get punked in front of the whole league. Our margin of error just became that much slimmer

WTF ... ????

Who the hell is gonna "punk" us? ... Fatdale White and the Flaming Thumbtacks?

:laughing:

:rofl:

:sofunny:

... and Kerry "the statue" Collins?

:toofunny:

That's a little paranoia if you ask me.

:helmet:

sherlock
09-01-2009, 02:47 PM
All these injuries are starting to piss me off.
Can`t help thinking though that Keyaron Fox might be even better than Timmons:noidea:

BlastFurnace
09-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I have complete confidence in Fox until Timmons comes back.

I just hope they don't rush Timmons. Let him heal and bring him back when he is ready.

vasteeler
09-01-2009, 02:56 PM

relax dude!!! fox will be just fine

BlastFurnace
09-01-2009, 02:57 PM

I was just thinking the same thing about Kendrell. That was the beginning of the end for him.

Preacher
09-01-2009, 03:01 PM
WTF ... ????

Who the hell is gonna "punk" us? ... Fatdale White and the Flaming Thumbtacks?

:rofl:

:sofunny:

... and Kerry "the statue" Collins?

:toofunny:

That's a little paranoia if you ask me.

:helmet:

And a little overconfidence there if you ask me. They DID clean our clock last time we played them.

I think we may be the better team this time around. I am not worried--the game will be played and the best team will win.

But the titans are to be taken lightly neither.

Steeldude
09-01-2009, 03:12 PM
high ankle sprain. can you say chad brown?

BlastFurnace
09-01-2009, 03:15 PM
I would be concerned if it was either Harrison or Woodley. I'm not concerned with Timmons. Fox will do just fine.

Fire Haley
09-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Wally Pipp?

thesteelersreport.com
09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
I would be concerned if it was either Harrison or Woodley. I'm not concerned with Timmons. Fox will do just fine.

Agreed. Fox has been playing some hungry football the past few games....

Indo
09-01-2009, 05:01 PM
There are starters, and then there are starters in waiting.

Fox, you need to be a starter in waiting.

:tt03:

Fire Haley
09-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I say we bubble-wrap ALL the starters till next Thursday.

The Definiti0n
09-01-2009, 06:37 PM
The worst kind of ankle sprain. Damn it.

Preacher
09-01-2009, 06:56 PM
I say we bubble-wrap ALL the starters till next Thursday.

With our luck, one of them would fall down-- and bounce right into the river.

steeltheone
09-01-2009, 07:33 PM
It sucks that he could be sidelined awhile, but we will be just fine with Fox

Steely McSmash
09-01-2009, 10:46 PM
where's that cat when you need him?

Galax Steeler
09-02-2009, 06:54 AM
With our luck, one of them would fall down-- and bounce right into the river.

That would be like the movie Bubble Boy.:toofunny:

Texasteel
09-02-2009, 07:54 AM
All these injuries are starting to piss me off.
Can`t help thinking though that Keyaron Fox might be even better than Timmons:noidea:

Don't know about better, but Fox has played pretty well since he got here and deserves this shot. Then again, guys seem to play better when they put on the Black and Gold.

steelax04
09-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Seeing a guy like Harrison step up and turn into DPOY might give Fox the determination to earn a starting job (or quite a bit more playing time) while Timmons is out. Of course, he'll have to come out balls on fire and be a dominating beast, but that wouldn't be such a terrible thing to have happen...

WWIIOwheelz
09-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Damn.... last night on the news they said it was NOT a high ankle sprain. Tomlin said that having him ready for the 10th was "paramount.". I got the sense from coach that all was fine. He just said that Timmons wouldn't start the last preseason game.

Which report is right?