PDA

View Full Version : NFL.COM Steeler Predictions

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Vic Carucci
Despite a sometimes bumpy offseason, the Steelers look as if they have the necessary ingredients, including focus, to win back-to-back Super Bowls.
Prediction: 12-4, first in AFC North

Steve Wyche
Mike Tomlin didn't let Super Bowl complacency take hold with a rough training camp. Very little drop off.
Prediction: 11-5, first in AFC North

Pat Kirwan
The defending champs return 20 starters. Lawrence Timmons takes over for Larry Foote and Rashard Mendenhall returns from injury to bolster a run attack that slipped last year.
Prediction: 11-5, first in AFC North

***Idiot Alert***
Bucky Brooks
The Steelers experience a Super Bowl hangover and are unable to defend their crown. Beset by injuries and inconsistent play, the Steelers limp to their first losing season since 2003.
Prediction: 7-9, third in AFC North

Jason La Canfora
Offensive line should be more consistent in 2009, and Ben Roethlisberger just wins games any way he can.
Prediction: 12-4, first in AFC North

You can ignore the last two predictions. Brooks goes off the reservation and supernaturally "predicts" bad plays and injuries instead of making a true assessment... and La Canfora had to wait until everyone else made their picks before he knew what his opinion was.

The Lakelander
09-01-2009, 02:31 PM
I saw that earlier and just ignored it.

Who the hell is Bucky Brooks anyways? :chuckle:

What a cnut ... !!!!!

Nadroj 20
09-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Bucky Brooks must be a heart broken Browns Fan that preys every year the Steelers have a bad season....but the funny thing is 7-9 would still be a better record then the browns will have hahaha

RoethlisBURGHer
09-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Eff Bucky Brooks. He is probably on the "only the Patriots can possibly repeat" bandwagon and to make sure it can't happen, he predicts the Steelers don't even make the playoffs.

And seriously, who is the second team that finishes above us? I am assuming one is the Ravens and I would have to believe the Bengals are the second team.

Jackal
09-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Why does ESPN even let rejects like Brooks make predictions? Going against objective reason and channelling your inner Miss Cleo in an attempt to cook up results you HOPE happen completely wrecks your credibility.

Steeldude
09-01-2009, 03:32 PM
so if BR, harrison, polamalu, ward, a. smith, timmons, farrior etc... all get hurt the steelers will still be 12-4?

the brooks person made the prediction based on injuries and inconsistent play. as of now the steelers are without timmons due to injury and the steelers have been playing inconsistently in the pre-season(too many silly penalties)

the steelers have faultered after a SB before. remember people here calling others idiots for saying the steelers wouldn't win the north following the '05 SB?

OneForTheToe
09-01-2009, 03:40 PM
so if BR, harrison, polamalu, ward, a. smith, timmons, farrior etc... all get hurt the steelers will still be 12-4?

the brooks person made the prediction based on injuries and inconsistent play. as of now the steelers are without timmons due to injury and the steelers have been playing inconsistently in the pre-season(too many silly penalties)

the steelers have faultered after a SB before. remember people here calling others idiots for saying the steelers wouldn't win the north following the '05 SB?

They have also won a Super Bowl after winning the Super Bowl. So what's the point? How can you predict injuries? Besides isn't the metro sexual Quarterback hurt at the moment? How come that doesn't factor into anybodies evaluation of who wins a Super Bowl?

Steeldude
09-01-2009, 03:46 PM
How can you predict injuries?

can't foretell season records either. they are all guesses.

So what's the point?

exactly. they are just predictions. they are meaningless.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-01-2009, 03:54 PM

.No...but why not apply that logic to 31 other teams?

....silly prediction.

Steel5586
09-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Apparently Bucky Brooks is a disillusioned Ravens fan.....maybe he can get one of those home made t-shirts from Suggs!

fansince'76
09-01-2009, 04:10 PM

The Lions went 4-0 in preseason last year. And injuries are a wild card for every team.

Dino 6 Rings
09-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Here is my prediction...

Game One...The STEELERS Stomp a MUDHOLE into the faces of the Titans. We beat them bloody leaving them a hapless mess of team that limps along the rest of the season to finish near .500 and back in reality where that pathetic franchise belongs.

After that...IT DOESN'T MATTER because the Steelers are only focussed on the Titans.

1-0

I'll give you my week 2 prediction after we are done picking our teeth with the bones of those pieces of garbage from Tennessee.

OneForTheToe
09-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Here is my prediction...

Game One...The STEELERS Stomp a MUDHOLE into the faces of the Titans. We beat them bloody leaving them a hapless mess of team that limps along the rest of the season to finish near .500 and back in reality where that pathetic franchise belongs.

After that...IT DOESN'T MATTER because the Steelers are only focussed on the Titans.

1-0

I'll give you my week 2 prediction after we are done picking our teeth with the bones of those pieces of garbage from Tennessee.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Indo
09-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Here is my prediction...

1-0

:iagree:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Here is my prediction...

1-0

:chuckle:

SteelTalons
09-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Here is my prediction...

1-0

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Ravnet
09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
The Lions went 4-0 in preseason last year.

But did their starters significantly outplay other starters?

The end result is meaningless, but the first team's performance really isn't.

Ravnet
09-01-2009, 06:00 PM

Are you a coach?

Isn't our job as fans to speculate?

The Steelers being focused on Tennessee is fine, but as fans, we don't have that obligation.

sharkweek
09-01-2009, 06:12 PM

Yeah because no one could have predicted a slump after that season what with the Bettis era coming to an end and Ben nearly dying in a motorcycle accident before the next :uhh:

The Steelers are 10x better off coming in to this season than that season.

fansince'76
09-01-2009, 06:40 PM
But did their starters significantly outplay other starters?

The end result is meaningless, but the first team's performance really isn't.

OK - our 1st string defense hasn't allowed a TD yet. Is that satisfactory "performance?"

fansince'76
09-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah because no one could have predicted a slump after that season what with the Bettis era coming to an end and Ben nearly dying in a motorcycle accident before the next :uhh:

Not to mention a HC suffering from burnout/general apathy who mailed it in and spent the season going through the motions.

Steel_Bus_24
09-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I would also agree that we are much better coming into this season then we were in 06

However the amount of silly penalties this pre-season resembles that year. Hopefully its just a phase and not a lack of discipline/focus for the game..............even so I again feel better then I did in 06, because Tomlin is good at getting the teams attention:thumbsup:

Preacher
09-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Not to mention a HC suffering from burnout/general apathy who mailed it in and spent the season going through the motions.

The day the bus rolled up for the movies... I knew we were screwed.

Talk about a veteran move by a kicker this year.. To roll up the buses... and then say SURPRISE!!!

Steeldude
09-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah because no one could have predicted a slump after that season what with the Bettis era coming to an end and Ben nearly dying in a motorcycle accident before the next

and yet people still called others idiots for predicting the steelers would have a poor season following the '05 SB

Psyychoward86
09-01-2009, 07:29 PM
.No...but why not apply that logic to 31 other teams?

....silly prediction.

lol exactly.

Ravnet
09-01-2009, 08:13 PM
OK - our 1st string defense hasn't allowed a TD yet. Is that satisfactory "performance?"

That is phenomenal; your defense looks to be good again.

Shoes
09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Bucky Brooks can kiss our six rings!

stb_steeler
09-01-2009, 10:47 PM
You can ignore the last two predictions. Brooks goes off the reservation and supernaturally "predicts" bad plays and injuries instead of making a true assessment... and La Canfora had to wait until everyone else made their picks before he knew what his opinion was.
7-9 in this years schedule....Where do they find these clowns :banging::banging:

devilsdancefloor
09-01-2009, 11:16 PM
bucky brooks yeah he played 5 years in the NFL for 5 different teams!! yeah he know what he is talking about

devilsdancefloor
09-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Are you a coach?

The Steelers being focused on Tennessee is fine, but as fans, we don't have that obligation.

you are right we do not have that obligation, BUT i would guess 99.5% of fans here on this board take that approach especially VS tennessee. They are owed a ass kicking.. If you dont like the concept of the fans taking it one game at a time stay on the ratbirds forum

43Hitman
09-02-2009, 12:01 AM
you are right we do not have that obligation, BUT i would guess 99.5% of fans here on this board take that approach especially VS tennessee. They are owed a ass kicking.. If you dont like the concept of the fans taking it one game at a time stay on the ratbirds forum

:tt03:

Galax Steeler
09-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Bucky Brooks can kiss our six rings!

I guess you will always have someone who will disagree with everyone else. But I think his prediction of 7 - 9 is a little rediculous.

steelax04
09-02-2009, 07:49 AM
I guess you will always have someone who will disagree with everyone else. But I think his prediction of 7 - 9 is a little rediculous.

I'm surprised he didn't come up with 5-9 or something where a game or two went completely missing!

The_WARDen
09-02-2009, 09:18 AM

The Steelers are 10x better off coming in to this season than that season.

failed to mention the part about the head coach mailing in that season. Tomlin is taking things seriously this year unlike Cowher after his SB win.

Ravnet
09-02-2009, 10:38 AM

So I should leave because I have a different point of view?

Dino 6 Rings
09-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Are you a coach?

Sure man, I'll speculate, about your team.

By the time your team gets to play the Steelers after being soley focussed on us with their pathetic t-shirts and inferiority complex, the Ravens will be .500 and the game won't matter that much because your season will already have been over. How's that for speculation?

Jackal
09-02-2009, 12:54 PM
So I should leave because I have a different point of view?

No, you should leave because you're a :troll:.

You contribute zilch to the forums and exist to do nothing but annoy everyone.

Hines0wnz
09-02-2009, 02:58 PM
lol @ Bucky Brooks

He should go back to covering Foghorn Leghorn and Yosemite Sam.

stb_steeler
09-03-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm surprised he didn't come up with 5-9 or something where a game or two went completely missing! LMFAO.... Lets face it guys....theres plenty of a-holes that still just cant take the fact that the Steelers are better than their 2 cent predictions. Why?.....cause they have the best fans in the world.

Vis
09-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Bucky brooks is chatting on NFL.com right now

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/419?refresh=30