PDA

View Full Version : Parker out - Mendenhall to make start on Thursday

Fire Haley
09-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Tuesday Practice Report

Still with the hamstring........Heal Willie Heal

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/img_6939.jpg

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/mendenhall-to-make-third-start-of-the-preseason-on-thursday/16443/

Dino 6 Rings
09-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Good. Mendy needs more time with the first team offense, this will afford him some more snaps and maybe this week he can...HOLD ON TO THE EFFING BALL!!!!!!!

Fire Haley
09-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Not TOO much work - I don't want to see Mendy get hurt - let Redman and the other bubble backs slam the line.

feuerstarta
09-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Mendy needs the practice, needs to evaluated more, because I am not quite sure the team is sold on him.

BlastFurnace
09-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Mendy needs the practice, needs to evaluated more, because I am not quite sure the team is sold on him.

Still...with Moore recoving from an injury, Parker hurt, Summers Hurt....Mendenhall is all we have left.

bradness113
09-01-2009, 04:40 PM
parkers fine...hes not playin cuz he doesnt need to play. we got a game a week from thursday....he'll b ready....

sharkweek
09-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Exactly, the 4th preseason game is generally treated as a bye week for the most important starters all around the league. It was considered relatively big news when it was announced that Ben would play at all this last preseason game...

Fire Haley
09-01-2009, 04:51 PM
"Parkers fine"

Yeah - just like "Timmons is fine"

bradness113
09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
lol. i didnt say timmons was "fine". but its the 4th preseason game, and the starters who are healthy usually play a little bit...but the starters who have injuries, or minor injuries DO NOT PLAY.

steeltheone
09-01-2009, 06:29 PM
If this was Game one... Parker would be playing....Mendenhall does need played.

Psyychoward86
09-01-2009, 06:31 PM
His time to shine. If he shreds the Panthers starters, i'll be pretty impressed, the Panthers are a decent defense.

Steeldude
09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
i hope the O-line opens some holes and hold onto the ball mendenhall :smile:

LVSteelersfan
09-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Mendenhall better learn to tuck the darn ball in tight when he is in traffic. He seems to run with it out from his body a little too much for my taste.

tony hipchest
09-01-2009, 08:41 PM
the team is definitely sold on mendenhall. and parker is getting the ladainian tomlinson treatment. he would be held out of a preseason game even if he were perfectly healthy but had indigestion or gas.

BlastFurnace
09-01-2009, 09:18 PM
lol. i didnt say timmons was "fine". but its the 4th preseason game, and the starters who are healthy usually play a little bit...but the starters who have injuries, or minor injuries DO NOT PLAY.

How do you know it's minor. Hamstrings injuries are funny. This is a big injury for a RB whose entire game is speed.

ricksteelers55
09-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Am I the only one thinking that Frank Summers is making the team ? I mean would he really misses those important game for a roster spot if it wasnt for someone inside the organisation telling him that he doesnt have to rush his way back and risk a more serious injury because he's locked ?

UltimateFootballNetwork
09-01-2009, 10:45 PM
His time to shine. If he shreds the Panthers starters, i'll be pretty impressed, the Panthers are a decent defense. That's not the case anymore. They've been completely shredded this preseason,

Baltimore QBs were 31 of 39 for 307 yards last week and the week before Dolphin RBs racked up 141 yds at a whopping 5.4 yds/carry, so they've been getting torn up on the ground and in the air.

Galax Steeler
09-02-2009, 05:43 AM
I think Mendenhall needs to play. He needs to get those valuable carries under his belt that he missed last year. This could be a big boost for him going into the regular season.

The Lakelander
09-02-2009, 06:37 AM
Good. Mendy needs more time with the first team offense, this will afford him some more snaps and maybe this week he can...HOLD ON TO THE EFFING BALL!!!!!!!

With Parker already having health issues, we need to keep Mendenhall healthy.

This game matters for absolutely nothing for the players who have made this team.

I'd like to see the coaches give Redman the rock with the first team. :popcorn:

Then I can read here on Friday morning .... :coffee: ....

.... just what a "stud" Redman is. :chuckle:

SteelMember
09-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Tomlin on Parker: "Put it on tape."

Cameras don't roll 'til September 10th. :thumbsup:

mmalone
09-02-2009, 08:10 AM
With Parker already having health issues, we need to keep Mendenhall healthy.

This game matters for absolutely nothing for the players who have made this team.

I'd like to see the coaches give Redman the rock with the first team. :popcorn:

Then I can read here on Friday morning .... :coffee: ....

.... just what a "stud" Redman is. :chuckle:

it would be nice to see him override carey on the first team and see his blocking. they have not given him a shot at that.

let him block for mendy and see what the holes look like.