PDA

View Full Version : Bengals lose Andre Smith to fracture

Fire Haley
09-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Cincinnati Bengals first-round choice Andre Smith just ended his holdout, but now he'll be sitting again.

"Andre suffered a small fracture in his left foot during a non-contact drill," Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said in a statement. "Our medical staff tells me the injury will not require surgery. It's too soon to closely predict how long it will be before he can return to practice, but it looks like he's going to miss a few weeks."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4438326

--------------------------------------

Big big snack

Dino 6 Rings
09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
seriously...I just snorted out loud at the pathetic situation the Cincy fans find themselves in year after year after year.

I mean really...Smith is hurt? No kidding, the guy was so out of shape he'd break his foot putting on his shoes.

Just wow. I may need to revamp my prediction that the Bengals finish 2nd in the AFC North...well maybe not since they can go .500 and still have a better season than the fckwads from Baltimore...

Fire Haley
09-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Bengals fans are funny

http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/8/killme.jpg

Ravnet
09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Should have taken Oher.

Edman
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Fatty McBad Attitude breaks his foot in a non-contact drill. No wonder he held out for more cash. His fatass was sitting around too much to stay in shape as he waited.

Ol' Marv sure knows how to pick 'em.

CantStop85
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
That sucks, but he wouldn't have been starting until at least week 5 anyway due to the hold out. This season is looking like it might be a wash for him.

Oh well, Anthony Collins has been playing well in his place. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

stillers4me
09-01-2009, 06:29 PM
You can't make this stuff up.

I'm holding off on the "chuckle" smiley due to karma.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Wow...I actually feel bad for the Bengal Fans.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah....I'm lying.

steelreserve
09-01-2009, 06:40 PM
now that's funny.

funny in the same way it's funny to see a retarded kid walk into a mailbox, but still funny.

AllD
09-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Isn't it bad enough to have Easion as the reminder to their last decent couple of seasons? Now their first rounder blows up twice. They might be better off to move in the middle of the night like the other cowards from Cleveland did.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
That sucks, but he wouldn't have been starting until at least week 5 anyway due to the hold out. This season is looking like it might be a wash for him.

Oh well, Anthony Collins has been playing well in his place. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Yeah, it does suck. I liked Smith's game in college, but didnt know he was allergic to training and this just seems like really bad luck.

As for Collins, I really like his ability as well. I think the Bungles have some decent talent on the O line, its just that Andre Smith might have the lazy attitude.

revefsreleets
09-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Wait wait wait...this wasn't a "hold out", Smith just wanted more money than the Bengals were going to give him so he refused to participate in camp until they caved to his wishes...

Now I'd hardly call that a hold out...c'mon guys, Marv even said it wasn't, and the Bengals fans agreed with him...Geesh!

In all honesty, I really don't see what difference this will make...even with an easy schedule the Bengals were destined for mediocrity this year...

KeiselPower99
09-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Well he will be well worth of that 6th overall pick. I smell Ki Jana Carter all over again.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-02-2009, 01:58 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals sure know how to pick them, don't they.

SteelTalons
09-02-2009, 03:06 PM
seriously...I just snorted out loud at the pathetic situation the Cincy fans find themselves in year after year after year.

I mean really...Smith is hurt? No kidding, the guy was so out of shape he'd break his foot putting on his shoes.

Just wow. I may need to revamp my prediction that the Bengals finish 2nd in the AFC North...well maybe not since they can go .500 and still have a better season than the fckwads from Baltimore...

http://www.posterville.com/library/eric_cartman_beefcake.jpg