PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Artwork

MoSteelerFan
09-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Heres the problem I live abot 1 hor north of KC and I cant find any good artwork for a tattoo. Its one of those things hat when I seeit I'll know it. I'm wanting to incorporate a litle of the logo,the trophies, rings hell I dont know but I'm not looking jus to stick the logo on somewhere. Ifany of the talented artists on here have any ideas I would love to see them

SteelTalons
09-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Well first of all personally I wouldn't get a tat of the Lombardi's or the rings. Because lets say you get a tattoo of six lombardi's and then the Steelers turn around and win 5 back to back. Sure you can add a couple, but after a while you gonna be running out of space or you'll be cramming them on and it'll look weird.

The logo makes sense. Your favorite players... Hell you could get a tattoo of Myron. Gotta show some love for Cope. I dunno, what to tell you. Ive thought of this myself actually... So can't really suggest anything to ya, other than just sorta bring up the point, dont get something that has a good odds of changing. Or changing often.

SteelCityKing
09-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Heres the problem I live abot 1 hor north of KC and I cant find any good artwork for a tattoo. Its one of those things hat when I seeit I'll know it. I'm wanting to incorporate a litle of the logo,the trophies, rings hell I dont know but I'm not looking jus to stick the logo on somewhere. Ifany of the talented artists on here have any ideas I would love to see them

when it comes to picking a tattoo, you need to find something that will A) never change or B) something you can add on to later in life. if you were planning on getting something Pittsburgh Steelers related, i would stick with the traditional logo and instead of getting ink of each Lombardi trophy, get the roman numerals for that Super Bowl they just won. it's something subtle and new everytime they win and it's small enough you can add, 7...or 10 more insignias on there.

i live about an hour north of Pittsburgh and we have some decent artists in our area. but every one of them bitches and says, "i hate doing Steelers logos. everyone wants one." but down in Pittsburgh, it's like their bread and butter. it's crazy how many people are rocking Steelers ink right now. hell, even i have a Pirates tattoo and i'm thinking about getting a color portrait of The Chief or even Myron Cope. you can't go wrong with the legends.

good luck with your search and once you get something done, IF you get something done. make sure you post some pics. we would all love to see them.

MoSteelerFan
09-03-2009, 03:39 PM
thought of the roman numerals already, so there would be more room to add on. I was originally going to do this when they won there 5th but didnt come up with anything and now we have 7. Just keeps on getting better:tt02:

stb_steeler
09-04-2009, 10:34 PM
If you get a Steelers logo with Gold in it, being one of the colors. Make sure its a good quality ink. That color seems to fade faster. I have the logo on my arm and it faded a bit. Some one suggested to put it some where the sun dont shine, so to speak.

steelergirl07
09-06-2009, 12:30 AM
I just have the astroids on my wrist. Somethinkg simple that won't change.