PDA

View Full Version : Heath Miller

BehindSteelCurtain
09-02-2009, 07:50 PM
We all know he is a terrific talent and team player but is there any reason to believe that he will have a bigger role in the offense?

The Lakelander
09-02-2009, 07:53 PM
No. I doubt it.

But it will be just as critical as always.

BehindSteelCurtain
09-02-2009, 07:55 PM
By bigger role, I mean more consistent.

We all know Heath comes through in critical situations.

The Lakelander
09-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Ben is going to have open receivers all over the field this year. :applaudit:

Sweed is no Nate Washington and could actually prove to be a huge progression target for Ben this year. He is not being used the same as Washington was. And Ben will find him open often.

If Heath has his production cut into at all it will be because of Sweed.

But I can't forsee a situation where Heath is used even more.

Preacher
09-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Ben is throwing a LOT of passes after only 2 or 3 seconds after receiving the ball.

Heath seems to be running a lot of underneath routes and short routes... which means I think he may become an even bigger target this year. Of course, this is conjecture. But who knows?

bigjamesharrison2
09-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Although, the o-line may be a tad bit better and Heath may not be called upon to pick up for the lines mediocre play.:noidea:

tony hipchest
09-02-2009, 08:40 PM
if we were the bears who had no receivers, then i would say yes.

if we were atlanta who only had 1 wr, then i would say yes.

if he were a raven, i would say yes.

otherwise he is a great steeler who will be paid 5 mil a year to keep on doing exactly what he has been doing through 2 championship runs.

urgle burgle
09-02-2009, 08:49 PM
not since eric green have we tried to make the TE a big role (even then it wasnt that big)in the offense. even last year when we had issues with the offense, we didnt really use the TE as a major offensive point. with heath or matt. so, no, no real increase for Heath

sharkweek
09-02-2009, 09:23 PM
we don't need him to do anything more than he already does

stb_steeler
09-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Heath will have a break out year. Its all quiet now so no one will expect it. But then again he always comes thru in the clutch.

Fire Haley
09-03-2009, 04:36 AM
Ben is going to have open receivers all over the field this year..

This

HometownGal
09-03-2009, 04:48 AM
if we were the bears who had no receivers, then i would say yes.

if we were atlanta who only had 1 wr, then i would say yes.

if he were a raven, i would say yes.

otherwise he is a great steeler who will be paid 5 mil a year to keep on doing exactly what he has been doing through 2 championship runs.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^. Heath is a clutch player and a great blocker and I don't see that role changing anytime soon.

Galax Steeler
09-03-2009, 05:49 AM
Heath bails Ben out alot when he is about to get sacked. I would say they will use him some on underneath routes every now and then but nothing major.

The_WARDen
09-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Heath actually got some love on the one Philly sports talk shows yesterday.

The host was interviewing Eagles' president Joe Banner and asked him why they did not pursue Tony Gonzalez harder.

Banner replied the usual rhetoric about how they thought their TE Celek was showing promise blah blah blah. He then added that teams can win a SB without a top notch TE and asked if anyone could name the Steelers or Giants TE?

The host replied that the Steelers actually have a very good TE in Heath Miller.

:tt: