PDA

View Full Version : Any Skillet fans

Steeler in Carolina
09-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I just picked up their new CD and I think it is better than the last one.

vasteeler
09-03-2009, 06:02 AM
ive never even heard of Skillet
are they a country band, with a name like skillet one can only assume

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-03-2009, 06:34 AM
I just picked up their new CD and I think it is better than the last one.

My son loves Skillet....He had me listen to a little of it last night...is ""Awake" their newest CD?

stlrtruck
09-03-2009, 06:52 AM
ive never even heard of Skillet
are they a country band, with a name like skillet one can only assume

They are a Christian Rock Band. I've got a couple of their albums on my MP3 player and they keep me going when I'm at the gym.

My son loves Skillet....He had me listen to a little of it last night...is ""Awake" their newest CD?

Awake is the newest CD. It's an awesome album and I'd have to say I think it's their best to date.

7SteelGal43
09-03-2009, 12:22 PM
The founding members, John, Trey and Ken, were members of my church. We had a Christian rock club where Johns band and Kens band would play. When they formed their own band and added Trey on drums and announced the name "Skillet", I thought that name would never stick. I thought it was just too silly. :laughing: Look at 'em now !! And I love the name. :chuckle: I couldn't have imagined how huge they'd be.

By the way, John Cooper is an incredible young man. I remember one sunday when he brought the message.......I was blown away. He truly believes everything his songs say.

Steeler in Carolina
09-03-2009, 06:08 PM
I saw them in concert this summer and I was blown away. Great way to spend 2 hours.

Steeler in Carolina
09-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Also, don't know if anyone noticed, but when NBC showed a commercial for the season opener with Tennesse, they had "Hero" by Skillet as the background music.