PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Q&A with Ed Bouchette - Is Lawrence Timmons the next Kendrell Bell?

mesaSteeler
09-03-2009, 07:52 AM
Steelers Q&A with Ed Bouchette
Thursday, September 03, 2009
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette

Is Lawrence Timmons the next Kendrell Bell?
Q. A few years back the steelers had a linebacker that was targeted to be an excellent player. This linebacker's name was Kendrall Bell. Now that Lawrence Timmons has a high ankle sprain, can you say that Timmons may follow the same path that Bell did and end up being a bust?

Rick McGonigal, Plymouth Meeting,Pa.

BOUCHETTE: Gee, how about a little patience. Just because Timmons has an ankle injury, you want to write him off? Imagine what you might have said when, oh, Terry Bradshaw or Rod Woodson or Jerome Bettis might have been during early injuries. Timmons was excellent last season as their nickel linebacker. I think he has great promise. I surely would not put him in Kendrell Bell's category. Bell seemed to give up after he was hurt, especially when it occurred in his "contract year." I have seen nothing from Timmons that would suggest he is either dogging it or about to become a bust. I think he can be a real help to this defense
First published on September 3, 2009 at 12:00 am

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09246/995214-66.stm#ixzz0Q21i9iCv

(This Rick McGonigal must be a poster on this board. - mesa)

fansince'76
09-03-2009, 08:06 AM
BOUCHETTE: Gee, how about a little patience.

Yeah, right. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

The_WARDen
09-03-2009, 08:18 AM
where's Guns N Roses when you need 'em?

Fire Haley
09-03-2009, 08:20 AM
See? nobody asks Ed dumb questions.

OK. Which one of you was it?

mulldog24
09-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Timmons is gonna be fine, people worry too much!!!!

Edman
09-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Not me.

Ed should know better. Patience is not in Steelers' fans vocabulary.

The Lakelander
09-03-2009, 08:43 AM
It's just a testimony to how pathetically nieve ... even fickle ... many Steelers fans are.

The funny part is how we compare these guys with past Steelers "failures".

Kendrell Bell was an absolute beast for one season. He just had a short shelf life. :laughing:

Now Timmons is Bell ... :doh:

Barry Foster once upon a time was the same ... he had a short shelf life.

So did Duce Staley, who for about 8 games was a beast in Black-n-Gold. :chuckle:

Count me in that category of pathetically nieve from time to time too. :wave: I'm not a fan of Rashard Mendenhall yet, as you all know.

As starters and/or key contributors on this team, the jury is still out on Timmons, Mendenhall, Sweed, Gay and Essex. Those five players are not rookies anymore and are going to be expected to step up this year.

Those five players are the most likely to get absolutely lambasted on these threads if they prove less than outstanding as they contribute in their roles.

Last year over on my other website, we had more than a few suggesting that Byron Leftwich should get the call to start the playoffs because Ben had been struggling a little bit down the stretch. It was supposedely going to be "safer" to start a healthy Byron over a banged up Ben ... :laughing:

... pathetically nieve indeed!

KeiselPower99
09-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Actually when Bell was healthy he was a beast. May I remind he was the NFL Defensive rooke that year. His second season he got hurt and then in 2003 he bounced back to have a monster year. Timmons will be better though. Patience is a virtue.

revefsreleets
09-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Steelers& I probably wrote that...unfortunately for Bouchette, he doesn't HAVE an ignore feature...

sharkweek
09-03-2009, 09:59 PM
silly, impatient fans

it wasn't too long ago when he had to answer a similarly stupid question regarding whether or not we should be worried if the Steelers could run an effective 4-3...