PDA

View Full Version : Bucky Brooks is chatting on NFL.com

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-03-2009, 01:04 PM
What an opportunity for us to ask him HOW the HELL he has the Steelers ranked #3 in their division.

I already gave him my question...I will guess that he does have the guts to answer.

stlrtruck
09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
So far he's got one question. You go bucky!!!

simonsfs30
09-03-2009, 01:16 PM
BOMB HIMM!!!!!!!

Vis
09-03-2009, 01:17 PM
I asked him about predicting injuries as a basis for a team's record prediction.

Vis
09-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Just asked him to name the nine losses

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Wow this guy is an idiot!!!

How long'd take you to analyze the Steelers into 7-9? They're more likely to go 14-2, especially with that schedule.

Bucky Brooks: Wil M, Thanks for the question. You join a long legion of Steelers' fans who have taken exception to the 7-9 prediction. However, I believe the team's road to a repeat will be difficult for several reasons. First, the AFC North will be very competitive with Baltimore and an improving Cincinnati team challenging for division supremacy. Both have solid defenses, and their Bengals have an offense that has explosive potential. Secondly, the Steelers' defense went through last season without any major injuries on that side of the ball. While I don't wish misfortune on them, it is unlikely that they will experience another season with losing a key starter or two for a significant stretch. Given that notion, I think they will experience some slippage on defense. Finally, I don't believe the Steelers can keep winning with Big Ben taking shots in the pocket. Last season, he was able to overcome the barrage of hits to lead the Steelers to an impressive record, but his numbers were not impressive heading into the post-season. And I don't know how long he can keep making improvisational plays to keep the offense afloat. Based on those factors, I came up with the 7-9 prediction

Not one fact in the whole paragraph...just aimless meandering.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Did he just say that he was on the RAIDERS bandwagon until last week????????:doh:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-03-2009, 01:31 PM
He is getting hammered!!!!:rofl:

JAMES, QUEENS, NY
HEY BUCKY THE STEELERS ARE GONNA BE 7-9 THIS YEAR? WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THAT IDEA FROM? STEELERS ARE HE CLASS OF AFC NORTH, HAVE A MUCH EASIER SCHEDULE THAN LAST YEAR(WHICH WAS THE TOUGHEST IN 20 YEARS)AND HAVE LITERALLY ENTIRE TEAM BACK FROM LAST YEAR. IF YOURE USING INJURIES AS A POSSIBILITY WOULDNT THAT PERTAIN TO ANY NFL TEAM? EXPLAIN.

Bucky Brooks: James, You're correct that injuries pertain to every team and the loss of a key player will alter the course of many teams during the season. However, I was simply stating they played with virtually their entire starting line up last season, and it is unlikely that they will be so fortunate this season. Also, you can't base a team's perceived strength of schedule based on the previous year's record. I will be the first to admit that I stepped out there with the 7-9 prediction, but time will soon tell if they can handle the weight of wearing the crown with everyone shooting for them on a weekly basis. If they pull off a repeat or enjoy another stellar season, I will be the first to step up and admit that my prediction was wrong. (And I'm sure that you will be the first to tell me, as well)

Vis
09-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Did he just say that he was on the RAIDERS bandwagon until last week????????:doh:
He must say things just to generate traffic

stlrtruck
09-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Here's what I posted to him

As much as you state that you can't base a team's perceived strength of schedule on the previous year's record, it is also reckless to assume that a team's health will change based on last year's injuries (or lack there of). Bucky you seem to want to play the cards when they suit you. Why not just fess up now that you made a mistake? While they may not go 14-2, Isn't it more reasonable based on various views that the team wins 10-11 games? Don't be like the other media types and hate just for hating, at least show us that you can think logically. I mean I hate the ravens but with the talent they have that team, it would be logical that they win 9-10 games this year - but I could take the sophomore slump route for Flacco and say they only win 6 - it's not logical Bucky.

stlrtruck
09-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Here's my last post to him:

Bucky, come on, now you've just lost all credibility by stating the Chargers could be the team to beat based on talent. Really what about the talent that other teams have on their roster? Let's not forget, according to your previous posts, no team is going to remain healthy - so which one is it? Is it a players game? Is this a talent thing (which by the way you've failed to mention the enormous amount of talent on the Steelers team)? Or is this just you proving to NFL fans you don't know jack diddly about football (at least at the professional level). Thanks for wasting my time.

Indo
09-03-2009, 01:52 PM
So...um...he just said the Chargers were going to the SB

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Here's my last post to him:

Bucky, come on, now you've just lost all credibility by stating the Chargers could be the team to beat based on talent. Really what about the talent that other teams have on their roster? Let's not forget, according to your previous posts, no team is going to remain healthy - so which one is it? Is it a players game? Is this a talent thing (which by the way you've failed to mention the enormous amount of talent on the Steelers team)? Or is this just you proving to NFL fans you don't know jack diddly about football (at least at the professional level). Thanks for wasting my time

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bucky Brooks, NFL.com
Scott, Sorry for wasting your time, but here is the answer to your post. I stated the Chargers have the most talented roster in the AFC and they play in a weak division. Therefore, they should not have a problem coasting through the AFC West, and that would put them into position to secure home field advantage. The Steelers and Patriots have to contend with multiple teams within their division that could put losses on their ledger. Therefore, I would say the Chargers would be the team to beat based on their easier road to the AFC Championship.

fansince'76
09-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Secondly, the Steelers' defense went through last season without any major injuries on that side of the ball. While I don't wish misfortune on them, it is unlikely that they will experience another season with losing a key starter or two for a significant stretch.

Keisel missed 6 games, Townsend missed 4 games, Big Snack missed 3 games, and Clark missed 2 games due to injuries last season. That's almost a full season's worth of games there collectively between 4 starters. Fail. It's called "depth," dipshit.

The Lakelander
09-03-2009, 02:05 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bucky Brooks, NFL.com
Scott, Sorry for wasting your time, but here is the answer to your post. I stated the Chargers have the most talented roster in the AFC and they play in a weak division. Therefore, they should not have a problem coasting through the AFC West, and that would put them into position to secure home field advantage. The Steelers and Patriots have to contend with multiple teams within their division that could put losses on their ledger. Therefore, I would say the Chargers would be the team to beat based on their easier road to the AFC Championship.

Nothing has changed then from last year, has it? Oakland, Kansas City and Denver all blew last year too. So why didn't they coast last year?

This guy is a cnut!

Nadroj 20
09-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Does he answer all questions or just random ones

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Does he answer all questions or just random ones

NFL Nation, My time is up. Sorry that I couldn't get to all of your questions, but the Steelers, Chargers and Patriots' fans were dominating the chat.

I think we hurt his feelings.:noidea:

Nadroj 20
09-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Well the dumbass left hes not chatting anymore

fansince'76
09-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Bucky Brooks, NFL.com
Scott, Sorry for wasting your time, but here is the answer to your post. I stated the Chargers have the most talented roster in the AFC and they play in a weak division. Therefore, they should not have a problem coasting through the AFC West, and that would put them into position to secure home field advantage.

That's pretty much been the case for about 4 seasons+ now, and up to this point, they've woefully underachieved. What's going to change that this year? Turner is still clueless as a HC, LT is another year older and Rivers has yet to prove, to me at least, that he isn't a little punk and will be able to come through in the clutch. Super Bowls ain't won on paper.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Keisel missed 6 games, Townsend missed 4 games, Big Snack missed 3 games, and Clark missed 2 games due to injuries last season. That's almost a full season's worth of games there collectively between 4 starters. Fail. It's called "depth," dipshit.

Great point,,,and McFadden missed a few also.

The Lakelander
09-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Great point,,,and McFadden missed a few also.

Not to mention on offense ... Ben, Willie, Heath, Rashard, Marvel, Kendell ... good grief!

What a cnut!

Bucky Brooks :toofunny:

Who would ever name their child "Bucky" :rofl:

Indo
09-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Aw, C'mon guys...he played 5 years in the NFL----on 5 different teams. It says so in his bio. He must know more about this stuff than all of us. We're all just a buncha Steeler homers...

pancake
09-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I asked what his prediction for the first 8 games was... Looks like the tool didn't answer it...

pancake
09-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I bet he has us getting swept by both ratbirds and bungals... What a tool...