PDA

View Full Version : Tony Pashos - Jax - OT On trade block, possibly cut?

fat4jc
09-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Do you think the Steelers should be interested?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/03/pashos-on-the-trade-block/

I think our hands are tied with Starks and Colon....unfortunately. I think Pachos would be an upgrade, over Colon at least.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I agree, I think he would be an upgrade over Colon.

But how big of an upgrade would be be? If it's minimal at best, then it wouldn't be worth it, IMHO.

I would much rather build this team's offensive line through the draft than free agency (which at this time of year is another team's trash).

stlrtruck
09-03-2009, 01:53 PM
I would much rather build this team's offensive line through the draft than free agency (which at this time of year is another team's trash).

Remember James Harrison was once our trash and the ratbirds trash. Farrior was also the Jets trash. I know it's a different position, but sometimes all a player needs is a change of venue.

Fire Haley
09-03-2009, 01:57 PM
More trade rumor crap? Not gonna happen.

There will be 80 zillion waiver wire players floating around in a few days that we could pick up for vet minimum.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Pashos would be a downgrade over Colon. He could be signed next week to add OT depth though.

fat4jc
09-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Pashos would be a downgrade over Colon. He could be signed next week to add OT depth though.

I disagree...but then again Willie Colon is arguably my least favorite Steelers player.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Remember James Harrison was once our trash and the ratbirds trash. Farrior was also the Jets trash. I know it's a different position, but sometimes all a player needs is a change of venue.

I said at this time of the year.

Most guys that are getting cut right now aren't good players. They were brought in as camp bodies and now it's time for them to go flip burgers and wash cars. You will sometimes see a guy get cut because the first or second round rookie is even with them so the head coach goes with the younger rookie, and don't wanna keep the vet due to the vet having hostile feelings.

If the team is going to sign an offensive lineman free agent, I would rather guys that hit free agency after the season than someone that gets cut at final cut downs because the guys getting cut loose right now....they aren't that good.