PDA

View Full Version : More Obama Propaganda

7SteelGal43
09-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Has anyone else seen this pile of :poop: ? Notice Red Hot Chili Peppers singer Anthony Kiedis towards the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL9sOZUf1NQ

Fire Haley
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Sing along

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sG6ureeTw2E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sG6ureeTw2E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

7SteelGal43
09-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Ok Killer, the one you posted is absolutely more sickmaking. I just cannot for the life of me figure out how the leftnuts don't recognize the complete and utter propaganda campaign being waged. Shades of Germany, China. Hell, It isn't even very subtle. Do ya think they - leftnuts - would've sat silent while little children sang "Bush is gonna change it" or first through sixth graders were made to watch an Obama propaganda message in schools ? Hell no. They'd be yelling "facism", "nazi"....well guess what....you're seeing first hand what facism and nazi propaganda looks like in America in 2009.

CantStop85
09-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Has anyone else seen this pile of :poop: ? Notice Red Hot Chili Peppers singer Anthony Kiedis towards the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL9sOZUf1NQ

Propaganda? A bunch of people "pledging" to do generally good things? I don't see the problem. The intro and end with Obama are a little tacky, but hey...I didn't see a whole lot of politics in what was said.

I will give you that the singing video is a slight bit disturbing...no politician is worth singing about.

MACH1
09-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Next week is the big homage to obonga in public schools. All schools are going to waste time watching a speech by this idiot and then discuss where they can help obonga make his wet dreams come true.
Piss's me off they're wasting time on this shit instead of teaching them something useful like reading, math, ya know, something they'll actually use in life.

7SteelGal43
09-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Propaganda? A bunch of people "pledging" to do generally good things? I don't see the problem. The intro and end with Obama are a little tacky, but hey...I didn't see a whole lot of politics in what was said.

I will give you that the singing video is a slight bit disturbing...no politician is worth singing about.

Disturbing ? Let me ask you again...what if the video were made 8 years ago with children singing "Bush is gonna change it". I'm sure lefties would have a helluva lot stronger comment than "disturbing". What would your comments have been ?

Anthony Kiedis - "I pledge to serve Barak Obama". That is the underlying theme of the entire video. These are only two examples of the "worship Obama the messiah" and propaganda type crap being shoved down our throat.

Here's my pledge:

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. I pledge to defend the flag and the Constitution"

revefsreleets
09-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Aha! That second video is hilarious...classic indocrination, a bunch of kids singing about stuff they have no idea about in order to to get a guy nobody knew or knows elected.

And, sure enough, he did change it and re-arrange it...he took 400 billion and turned it into 17 trillion! How cute and adorable!

Preacher
09-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Sing along

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sG6ureeTw2E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sG6ureeTw2E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

stMcuBXyPKo

You be the judge of the similarities.

HometownGal
09-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Next week is the big homage to obonga in public schools. All schools are going to waste time watching a speech by this idiot and then discuss where they can help obonga make his wet dreams come true.
Piss's me off they're wasting time on this shit instead of teaching them something useful like reading, math, ya know, something they'll actually use in life.

Oh for God's sake - is this what my grandson is going to have to deal with in school? :banging::banging::banging: Unfreakinbelievable. :mad:

7SteelGal43
09-03-2009, 09:01 PM
stMcuBXyPKo

You be the judge of the similarities.

But wait....the similarites don't end there. 3 classrooms in Nevada projected an image of Obama next to the flag during the pledge of allegiance. The lady in this video talks about this story that broke in a Las Vegas news paper. Notice the video is posted in January of this year. Looks like some didn't wait long to get the indoctrination under way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMVXFbOZYEk

HEY !!! on a side note, I was doing a little family tree research last night and found that two of my ancestors, bearing my same last name, signed the Magna Carta. I'd always known a lot about my heritage, but this was pretty cool news. Oh, and I'm a WANP...white anglo NORMAN protestant.

revefsreleets
09-03-2009, 10:11 PM
They are also teaching our kids in school that man-made global warming is a 100% proven iron clad fact...not a theory, and certainly no dissenting views are presented.

KeiselPower99
09-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Classic propaganda. If I had kids they sure as shit wouldnt be sitting in on this bs. Just a simple reminder of what Hitler once said.

He who gains the youth owns the future.

tony hipchest
09-03-2009, 11:55 PM
kids have been playing "follow the leader" for YEARS in school.

now all of a sudden it is an issue? :coffee:

But wait....the similarites don't end there. 3 classrooms in Nevada projected an image of Obama next to the flag during the pledge of allegiance.

*gasp* :jawdrop:

:shout: PANIC!!!!!!

have you ever been to a military instillation where the presidents picture adjourns a wall in just about every major facility?

just so you are clear... posting a picture of Jesus in the classroom is a no-no :nono:

posting a picture of the sitting president isnt.

welcome to america.

if you dont like it... leave. :wave:

MACH1
09-03-2009, 11:58 PM
May be a good father - son day.

Preacher
09-03-2009, 11:58 PM

*gasp* :shout: PANIC!!!!!!

have you ever been to a military instillation where the presidents picture adjourns a wall in just about every major facility?

just so you are clear... posting a picture of Jesus in the classroom is a no-no :nono:

welcome to america. if you dont like it... leave. :wave:

Funny thing. Why now and not 4 years ago? Hmmmmmmmm Can you say NEA? Thank you unions.

That is why my kid will be PRIVATELY EDUCATED. There is NO WAY I want the govt. via the NEA to teach my kids.

MACH1
09-04-2009, 12:01 AM

*gasp* :shout: PANIC!!!!!!

welcome to america.

When was the last time they stopped school for a presidential speech? I don't remember one from when I was in school. And especially with the brainwashing session afterwords.

tony hipchest
09-04-2009, 12:26 AM
When was the last time they stopped school for a presidential speech? I don't remember one from when I was in school. And especially with the brainwashing session afterwords.does stopping school for prez ronald being shot count?

MACH1
09-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Umm..I don't know. They didn't stop at my school. Didn't find out till I got home. :noidea:

Plus, there's a huge difference between an assassination attempt and a brainwashing session.

7SteelGal43
09-04-2009, 12:46 AM

*gasp* :jawdrop:

:shout: PANIC!!!!!!

welcome to amerika.

I'm the daughter of a 20 year Marine, so yes I have been to a military instillation or two. Federal offices and school classrooms usually have a portrait of the sitting president. That isn't an issue in the least. Using an overhead projector to splash a 6 foot by 5 foot image of the messiah, 'er, President, next to the flag during the pledge of allegiance should be an issue with most Americans.

X-Terminator
09-04-2009, 12:47 AM
does stopping school for prez ronald being shot count?

I was actually going to mention that. They did halt classes at my school when Reagan was shot.

I don't know...this incident seems disturbing on the surface, but still...not only do parents have the option of not letting their kids sit in on this or have their kids privately educated, as much as I disagree with and dislike Obama, he's the President, not a dictator. He is also term-limited, assuming that he isn't voted out in 2012, which is no secret that I'm hoping will happen. Working for a university, I can't tell you how many times I saw references to Bush as Hitler, called a tyrant and a dictator by students and faculty alike. Is he still in office? No. So it didn't hold any water then, and it doesn't now.

However, if it were my kids being exposed to this, I'd be upset about it. Kids go to school to learn, not to be used as political sponges. Just teach them what they need to know to get ahead. That's all.

fansince'76
09-04-2009, 12:51 AM
I was actually going to mention that. They did halt classes at my school when Reagan was shot.

Really? I was in my 7th grade Algebra class when that happened - they announced it over the intercom, but my class kept on plugging away. :noidea:

tony hipchest
09-04-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm the daughter of a 20 year Marine, so yes I have been to a military instillation or two. Federal offices and school classrooms usually have a portrait of the sitting president. .

then shut it...

:hunch:

X-Terminator
09-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Really? I was in my 7th grade Algebra class when that happened - they announced it over the intercom, but my class kept on plugging away. :noidea:

They did. It was brief - like 10 minutes or so, but they did. They also halted my science class after the Challenger disaster, which we were watching live.

7SteelGal43
09-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Umm..I don't know. They didn't stop at my school. Didn't find out till I got home. :noidea:

I found out between classes, but they didn't stop school or send us home.

7SteelGal43
09-04-2009, 12:56 AM
then shut it...

:toofunny: really ? that's all you got ?

stay classy leftnuts :thumbsup:

fansince'76
09-04-2009, 12:57 AM
They did. It was brief - like 10 minutes or so, but they did. They also halted my science class after the Challenger disaster, which we were watching live.

I was a senior when the Challenger disaster happened. One of the science teachers at my high school at the time was a finalist in the "teacher in space" contest that Christa McAuliffe wound up winning to participate in that flight.

MACH1
09-04-2009, 12:58 AM

My school didn't miss a heartbeat, heard about it through the grapevine in class.
Although I was in college at the time for that one.

Still a huge difference between a disaster and political brainwashing.

X-Terminator
09-04-2009, 01:04 AM
I was a senior when the Challenger disaster happened. One of the science teachers at my high school at the time was a finalist in the "teacher in space" contest that Christa McAuliffe wound up winning to participate in that flight.

I was in the 7th grade when that happened. Remember it like it was yesterday. The shocked looks on all of our faces was unbelievable. That was when my science teacher decided to end class early, rather than try to teach a bunch of shocked 12 year olds.

MACH1
09-04-2009, 01:06 AM

Yeah. Christa McAuliffe's backup was from Idaho. I think she finally got to go up in just the last year or two.

fansince'76
09-04-2009, 01:07 AM
I was in the 7th grade when that happened. Remember it like it was yesterday. The shocked looks on all of our faces was unbelievable. That was when my science teacher decided to end class early, rather than try to teach a bunch of shocked 12 year olds.

They announced it on the intercom while everyone was in the hallway between classes at my school, but they did pause classes for that one for 10-15 minutes, IIRC. Happened two days after my 18th birthday. Damn, I'm getting old. :old:

urgle burgle
09-04-2009, 01:08 AM
yes, there is a large difference between a picture (8 x 10 glossy in a frame) being on a wall of the pres, compared to an overhead projection of the pres shown only during the pledge of allegiance in a majestic pose, while not turninig to the flag. that is an incredibly large difference.

tony hipchest
09-04-2009, 01:13 AM
:toofunny: really ? that's all you got ?

stay classy leftnuts :thumbsup:dont you have the spirit of Christ to go preach to someone as opposed to your irrelevant and redundant spewage of hatred?

Jesus loves obama. so should you. :hug:

fansince'76
09-04-2009, 01:18 AM

I was reading about this in the paper earlier tonight and supposedly organized classroom discussion of the speech afterwards will be "forbidden" by the school district (Denver Public Schools). I also understand the main themes of the speech to be the importance of studying and staying in school. :noidea:

MACH1
09-04-2009, 01:23 AM
I was reading about this in the paper earlier tonight and supposedly organized classroom discussion of the speech afterwards will be "forbidden" by the school district (Denver Public Schools). I also understand the main themes of the speech to be the importance of studying and staying in school. :noidea:

On our news they said the discussion afterwards would be of how they and their families could help hobama. Unless it changes. :noidea:

7SteelGal43
09-04-2009, 02:04 AM
dont you have the spirit of Christ to go preach to someone as opposed to your irrelevant and redundant spewage of hatred?

Jesus loves bush. so should you. :hug:

:toofunny:

JackHammer
09-04-2009, 04:20 AM
Ok Killer, the one you posted is absolutely more sickmaking. I just cannot for the life of me figure out how the leftnuts don't recognize the complete and utter propaganda campaign being waged. Shades of Germany, China. Hell, It isn't even very subtle. Do ya think they - leftnuts - would've sat silent while little children sang "Bush is gonna change it" or first through sixth graders were made to watch an Obama propaganda message in schools ? Hell no. They'd be yelling "facism", "nazi"....well guess what....you're seeing first hand what facism and nazi propaganda looks like in America in 2009.

What surprises me the most is that kids singing religious stuff like this in church(or at HOME like the Obama kids) is viewed as normal by both Leftnuts and Wingnuts alike. Yet when they see other parents making their children sing about presidential candidates, there's suddenly something wrong with the use of the very same methods of indoctrination that they've been using on their own kids for years at church. So I guess my question is this: If it's ok for parents to indoctrinate their children with religion, why isn't it ok for parents to indoctrinate their children with political beliefs?

X-Terminator
09-04-2009, 06:51 AM
What surprises me the most is that kids singing religious stuff like this in church(or at HOME like the Obama kids) is viewed as normal by both Leftnuts and Wingnuts alike. Yet when they see other parents making their children sing about presidential candidates, there's suddenly something wrong with the use of the very same methods of indoctrination that they've been using on their own kids for years at church. So I guess my question is this: If it's ok for parents to indoctrinate their children with religion, why isn't it ok for parents to indoctrinate their children with political beliefs?

Both have proven to be very dangerous over the years, I'll give you that. Indoctrination of political beliefs have given us people like Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot and Kim Il Jong. Indoctrination of religious beliefs has given us the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials and Radical Islam. Radical Islam combines the two. I'm just not sure that singing about the President = Hitler Youth in Training, or that projecting an image of the President during the Pledge of Allegiance = duped people praising Kim Il Jong. Not in America, where the media is not controlled by the state and the opposition gets plenty of airtime, and people have the power to vote Obama out of office if they feel he isn't doing a good job without repercussions. Again, the President is not a dictator - he does NOT have absolute control over the people nor can he control their thoughts/beliefs. That's pretty friggin obvious when you consider all of the Bush bashing from the left throughout his tenure, and all of the opposition to Obama's policies today.

And let me make it clear again - I do NOT support any public school promoting any kind of political message, and if it were my kid exposed to that kind of message, I would be bitching up a storm. They're there to learn, not to have their heads filled with political BS. I had a class in college with a professor who was nothing more than a mouthpiece for the Green Party. I don't give a shyt about the Green Party. Teach me what I'm here for!

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 09:19 AM
How long until we start seeing Obama press releases about how he hit 16 holes in one on the golf course, ala Kim Jong-il?

KeiselPower99
09-04-2009, 09:21 AM
How long until we start seeing Obama press releases about how he hit 16 holes in one on the golf course, ala Kim Jong-il?

Did ya not hear that last week while on vacation he took his daughters to get some candy at a local General Store???

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Did ya not hear that last week while on vacation he took his daughters to get some candy at a local General Store???

I don't think you can call it a "General" store, that may be taken as a pro-military term so you have to call it a Convenience Store. Just trying to stay politically correct in todays global warming environment.

Vis
09-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Protest Everything Obama Says Or Does!

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Dear Leader Barrack Hussein Obama was born August 4, 1961 on the sacred Baektul Mountain under a double rainbow. Americans feel they are blessed with the remarkable leadership of Dear Leader Comrade Obama. He is the brilliant statesman, political genius, prolific author, and humanist. Obama controls the weather according to his mood.

The revolutionary spirit of Mt.Baekdu personified by him is the spirit of independence associated with the soul of Baekdu, the spirit of gun inheriting the linage of Baekdu, the indefatigable revolutionary spirit replete with the mettle of Baekdu and the optimistic spirit consistent with cheerfulness of Baekdu. The revolutionary trait of Mt.Baekdu possessed by him is pluck and courage of Baekdu-style giant, ever-victorious sagacity of the brilliant commander of Baekdu, broad-mindedness befitting a heroic man, organizing ability of leading millions of people, indefatigable attacking spirit, strong ability of execution."

The American people regard it as their most worthwhile life to uphold Obama and live and work in perfect harmony with him. The American people absolutely worship, trust and follow the President as god. These noble ideological feelings are ascribable to the fact that they have keenly felt the greatness of the President from the bottom of their hearts. He is the great teacher who teaches them what the true life is, a father who provides them with the noblest political integrity and a tender-hearted benefactor who brings their worthwhile life into full bloom. The life of the American people who form a harmonious whole with the President is a revolutionary life to glorify their noblest political integrity. This is why they have unbendingly advanced the revolution with an unshakable faith, not wavering under any obstacles and trials. The President is the mental pillar and the eternal sun to the American people. As they are in harmonious whole with him, they are enjoying a true life based on pure conscience and obligation. They are upholding him as their great father and teacher, united around him in ideology, morality and obligation. So, their life is a true, fruitful and precious life without an equal in history.

Venom
09-04-2009, 11:11 AM
We are getting closer to that double digit number you so desperately want us at....

Even tho real unemployment numbers put us much closer to 20%

But Biden, not Obama, comes out yesterday to tell all the sheeple that the Stimulalus plan, written by the Apollo Group, run by Jeff Jones / Domestic Terrorist and Van Jones a Communist - Has "SAVED or CREATED" 500,000 to 750,000 and upto 1 MILLION jobs"

What ????

8 Months in, ZERO progress and America is 12 Trillion in the hole

Gitmo, still open
Iraq, still 142,000 troops fighting
Afganistan - surging, August was the worst month yet for our troops, Obama makes statements that Victory is not necessary.
Cap in Trade, highest tax increase in US Histroy
Healthcare reform, massive Gov takeover, whether public option or co-ops, no difference in HR3200
Marginalizing the American Public, comparing them to Nazis and KKK, when in fact it is Pelosi / Reid / Obama trying to turn us into the National Socialist Party.

So far I would say that the Obama Administration has been a complete success with there efforts to destroy America's Greatness...

People might actually be working if they:
Lowered Corp Taxes
Suspended Capitol Gains Taxes for 2 years and cap'd it at 10% there after
Killed Mark to Market Accounting practices..

More people might actaully have access to healthcare if they:
Provided Tort Reform
Opened competition accross state lines by allowing individuals to purchase health insurance from other states
Allow small businesses to join up and purchase healthcare insurance policy's

In six short lines, I just put millions back to work and made healthcare affordable....

Obviously this is NOT what the Progressive Socialist Liberals want

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 11:40 AM
That was the beauty of only ever claiming to "save jobs". If we lose 10 million jobs, they can just say "Well, without the spendulus bill, it would have been 20 million!"

It's a load of shite...only 12 cents for every dollar actually went to anything worthwhile, and only a small percentage of the 787 billion has been spent yet...it's absurd to think that even 100 billion in a 14 trillion dollar economy over 6-8 months would have any kind of REAL effect...it's literally just a drop in the bucket.

Venom
09-04-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm looking back at the things that Obama has attempted to do in the last few months and I'm scared...

1.) he has stirred racial tensions with a statement that a cop acted stupidly while investigating a burglary and asking the person in the house for I.D. the person that argued with the cop acted stupidly, not the cop. when a cop asks for identification ,you give it to him, thts why we are issued identification, I would be really upset if my house was robbed and the cops told me that they show up but the burglar said he lived there so they took his word for it and left.

2.) he has issued orders that all service personel go through a debriefing to see if they have right -wing tendencies, they just fought a war and have to listen to somebody try to convince them not to be conservative? I hope the Democrats are paying for this but I'm guessing not. would this be considered brainwashing?

3.) after Ridiculing president Bush for using the executive priviledge, and promising in his campaigns that He would never do this, the democrats in congress led by Barney Franks had to go to him and ask him to start keeping his promises. I guess he decided it wasn't that important

4.) he gave a company over a million dollars to investigate all the reporters in afghanistan to see if they leaned to the right, why did he do this? who cares if they do, its the whole freedom of speech thing. we probably had the money to waste anyway.

5.) while most states are cutting social services, he has given billions to buy cars and refridgerators, man who cares if kids don't get the couseling they need as long as we save gas.

6.) schools have been told to have thier kids read books on Obama and write essays on how to help him, more brainwashing

7.) he takes credit for pulling out of Iraq, when it was agreed on by pres.Bush and the Iraqi's in october.

8.) he hires a self proclaimed Communist to rum the green jobs initiative, the man has been on video saying the white man has been poisoning the black mans land and calles republicans asshole... thats good for bipartisanship.

so basically we now have a president that is making sure our troops aren't conservatives, our children aren't conservatives, takes credit for one of the only thing the last president does right, pushes socialized medicine, puts a communist in a key role, thinks cars are more important than social services, stirs racial tensions between people, is trying to silence the media if they don't agree with him, and has been called on the carpet for breaking a campaign promises and using the executive priviledge

jasonhightower
09-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Regarding President Obama's address to the kids... I find it absolutely ludicrous that parents are up in arms about this. Ever since my kids have been old enough to understand the role of a President and VP, they have always looked at them with respect.

Now, of course, they aren't old enough to formulate political opinions or to take part in a left or right-wing agenda, however, they understand the incredible job any President has. With that said, how in the heck, with what's been communicated as the sole focus of the address, can anyone be against this?

My kids respected Pres. Bush and now Pres. Obama. I remember going to school and always having an admiration to the man leading our country, regardless of party. I still can't believe the "fear" that resides amongst some that pollutes an innocent speech to hold our kids accountable to strive for a good education.

Preacher
09-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Regarding President Obama's address to the kids... I find it absolutely ludicrous that parents are up in arms about this. Ever since my kids have been old enough to understand the role of a President and VP, they have always looked at them with respect.

Now, of course, they aren't old enough to formulate political opinions or to take part in a left or right-wing agenda, however, they understand the incredible job any President has. With that said, how in the heck, with what's been communicated as the sole focus of the address, can anyone be against this?

My kids respected Pres. Bush and now Pres. Obama. I remember going to school and always having an admiration to the man leading our country, regardless of party. I still can't believe the "fear" that resides amongst some that pollutes an innocent speech to hold our kids accountable to strive for a good education.

It's not about "fear". Don't kid yourself, that just makes it easy to dismiss a statement or argument. It is about actions and responses which on the surface are eerily familiar to those who have lived the majority of their life in the previous century and have see dictatorships take over nations.

Is that what is happening here? No. Again, let me say, NO. It DOES however, offend the politcal senses that similar METHODOLOGIES are being used in this country, as it is a way of influencing the political debate without engaging in the issues at hand.

If Obama was JUST giving an address to the kids, depending on what he said, I'd have no problem with it. When schools create an "obama day" NOW I have a problem with it. "President Day"? Where they learn about our govt. and the role of the president? No. No problem. OBAMA DAY? YEs. Big problem. PLEASE tell me you see the difference.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/03/parents-object-obamas-national-address-students/

Just one more reason why my kids will be educated in a private school

jasonhightower
09-04-2009, 03:47 PM
It's not about "fear". Don't kid yourself, that just makes it easy to dismiss a statement or argument. It is about actions and responses which on the surface are eerily familiar to those who have lived the majority of their life in the previous century and have see dictatorships take over nations.

Is that what is happening here? No. Again, let me say, NO. It DOES however, offend the politcal senses that similar METHODOLOGIES are being used in this country, as it is a way of influencing the political debate without engaging in the issues at hand.

If Obama was JUST giving an address to the kids, depending on what he said, I'd have no problem with it. When schools create an "obama day" NOW I have a problem with it. "President Day"? Where they learn about our govt. and the role of the president? No. No problem. OBAMA DAY? YEs. Big problem. PLEASE tell me you see the difference.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/03/parents-object-obamas-national-address-students/

Just one more reason why my kids will be educated in a private school

LOL! It's a little ironic you included a link from Fox News. I didn't see any reference to an "Obama Day" in the article nor have I seen that references anywhere else. I am somewhere in the middle, falling left or right depending on the issue; so I just don't see the problem here. It's not like Obama will be addressing our kids without us either seeing what is discussed or being able to put it into perspective for our kids when its over.

In fact, President George Bush conducted a speech from a classroom in 1991 with a very similar message... without nearly the backlash. Here's a quote from the Dallas Morning News, which references Presidenty Bush's speech; "Like the current education secretary, Arne Duncan, Bush's education chief, Lamar Alexander – now a senator from Tennessee – had sent letters to every school in the country urging them to let students watch the president speak."

It's been done before! This, in my mind, is another indication of the less civil political landscape and the pure hatred of Obama's methods interfering with sincere and harmless initiatives. Fear is push by both sides, left and right, this time around it just happens to be from the right. My kids don't need the President to tell them the value of an education, but I won't be getting in the way of letting my children listen to OUR President. I know the paranoia will continue...

MACH1
09-04-2009, 03:57 PM

Last time I checked obaaaama isn't god.

Though he thinks he is.

HometownGal
09-04-2009, 04:02 PM
then shut it...

Hey, hey, hey - that's not nice. :buttkick:

If the hazing and personal jabs in this thread don't stop, I'm going to lock it down and give a few people vacations.

In other words - folks - KNOCK IT OFF (please).

HometownGal
09-04-2009, 04:04 PM

Though he thinks he is.

And so do his disciples and his flock of sheeple.

http://debtprison.net/images/last.jpg

Preacher
09-04-2009, 04:09 PM
LOL! It's a little ironic you included a link from Fox News. I didn't see any reference to an "Obama Day" in the article nor have I seen that references anywhere else. I am somewhere in the middle, falling left or right depending on the issue; so I just don't see the problem here. It's not like Obama will be addressing our kids without us either seeing what is discussed or being able to put it into perspective for our kids when its over.

In fact, President George Bush conducted a speech from a classroom in 1991 with a very similar message... without nearly the backlash. Here's a quote from the Dallas Morning News, which references Presidenty Bush's speech; "Like the current education secretary, Arne Duncan, Bush's education chief, Lamar Alexander – now a senator from Tennessee – had sent letters to every school in the country urging them to let students watch the president speak."

It's been done before! This, in my mind, is another indication of the less civil political landscape and the pure hatred of Obama's methods interfering with sincere and harmless initiatives. Fear is push by both sides, left and right, this time around it just happens to be from the right. My kids don't need the President to tell them the value of an education, but I won't be getting in the way of letting my children listen to OUR President. I know the paranoia will continue...

In this current landscape, Fox News is as legitimate a newssource as ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, or MSNBC.

Now, "Obama day" was my term. When some schools are enforcing students to be there that day... that is over the line. I never said that it was OBAMA doing it. Matter of fact, it is and was the NEA that I blame.

Just another reason why I think the WORST thing for schools is the teacher's union.

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 04:45 PM
In this current landscape, Fox News is as legitimate a newssource as ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, or MSNBC.

Now, "Obama day" was my term. When some schools are enforcing students to be there that day... that is over the line. I never said that it was OBAMA doing it. Matter of fact, it is and was the NEA that I blame.

Just another reason why I think the WORST thing for schools is the teacher's union.

The ONLY reason I have a problem with it is just that...we don't make Jews or Muslims or Christian Scientists or Jehovah's Witnesses say the pledge of allegiance, and we don't allow prayer in school. If parents don't want their kids to hear Obama's speech, they have a right (not according to me...I personally think this is all garbage and everyone should have to say the pledge and nobody should ever pray in school) to pull their kids out during the speech.

It's all "busybody" nonsense anyway...

fansince'76
09-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Dear Leader Barrack Hussein Obama was born August 4, 1961 on the sacred Baektul Mountain under a double rainbow. Americans feel they are blessed with the remarkable leadership of Dear Leader Comrade Obama. He is the brilliant statesman, political genius, prolific author, and humanist. Obama controls the weather according to his mood.

The revolutionary spirit of Mt.Baekdu personified by him is the spirit of independence associated with the soul of Baekdu, the spirit of gun inheriting the linage of Baekdu, the indefatigable revolutionary spirit replete with the mettle of Baekdu and the optimistic spirit consistent with cheerfulness of Baekdu. The revolutionary trait of Mt.Baekdu possessed by him is pluck and courage of Baekdu-style giant, ever-victorious sagacity of the brilliant commander of Baekdu, broad-mindedness befitting a heroic man, organizing ability of leading millions of people, indefatigable attacking spirit, strong ability of execution."

The American people regard it as their most worthwhile life to uphold Obama and live and work in perfect harmony with him. The American people absolutely worship, trust and follow the President as god. These noble ideological feelings are ascribable to the fact that they have keenly felt the greatness of the President from the bottom of their hearts. He is the great teacher who teaches them what the true life is, a father who provides them with the noblest political integrity and a tender-hearted benefactor who brings their worthwhile life into full bloom. The life of the American people who form a harmonious whole with the President is a revolutionary life to glorify their noblest political integrity. This is why they have unbendingly advanced the revolution with an unshakable faith, not wavering under any obstacles and trials. The President is the mental pillar and the eternal sun to the American people. As they are in harmonious whole with him, they are enjoying a true life based on pure conscience and obligation. They are upholding him as their great father and teacher, united around him in ideology, morality and obligation. So, their life is a true, fruitful and precious life without an equal in history.

Water on keyboard and screen.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Water on keyboard and screen.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
A little obscure...glad someone got it...the "hole in one" reference was the tip-off...

Preacher
09-04-2009, 05:39 PM
The ONLY reason I have a problem with it is just that...we don't make Jews or Muslims or Christian Scientists or Jehovah's Witnesses say the pledge of allegiance, and we don't allow prayer in school. If parents don't want their kids to hear Obama's speech, they have a right (not according to me...I personally think this is all garbage and everyone should have to say the pledge and nobody should ever pray in school) to pull their kids out during the speech.

It's all "busybody" nonsense anyway...

I agree, right up to the point that nobody should ever pray in school. It was my right as an American citizen to pray in school. To bow my head before tests, before a meal, or when I had a friend going through problems.

Again, we have no right of freedom from religion. Only freedom of religion, including the religion of athiesm

JackHammer
09-04-2009, 06:48 PM

Though he thinks he is.

Way to completely miss the point. This has nothing to do with what Obama thinks about himself and EVERYTHING to do with what beliefs parents choose to push onto their OWN kids, whether it be political or religious. So again I'll ask the very same question(this time in bold for the blind among us): If it's ok for parents to indoctrinate their children with religion, why isn't it ok for parents to indoctrinate their children with political beliefs? Is that not their right as an American citizen???

It just doesn't make any sense. People get so pissed when they see these parents making their kids sing about Obama, yet they don't see anything wrong with parents who make their kids sing about God. It's all indoctrination no matter how you try to slice it. I can post a thousand youtube vids of kids singing in church, and people here would eat it up: "Oh they're so cute." or "They're such good kids." etc etc etc. But as soon as someone posts a video of kids signing about Obama the responses become:

Shades of Germany and China? Shades of church too.

Preacher
09-04-2009, 07:43 PM

:rofl:

The difference is, people CHOOSE BEFORE HAND to come to church and accept what is being taught... the worship service is NOT propaganda for the masses.

7SteelGal43
09-04-2009, 07:47 PM

The difference is, people CHOOSE BEFORE HAND to come to church and accept what is being taught... the worship service is NOT propaganda for the masses.

Nor does it have legal inroads into public schools.

JackHammer
09-04-2009, 08:25 PM

Just as is the case with the Obama kids' parents. They CHOSE to be there too. And as far as the school address goes, you can hold your kid out of that if you wanted to. That's not a choice they have in North Korea, Nazi Germany, or Saddam's Iraq. So yeah, there's a HUGE difference between Obama's address to students and those dictatorships. That difference is the freedom of choice.

JackHammer
09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
And just to be as clear as I can: I don't like either case. Whether it's church or politics, it's all indoctrination and while Preacher has a good point about choice, these kids are rarely given the choice since these beliefs are spewed at them well before they have the ability of cognition.

JackHammer
09-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Nor does it have legal inroads into public schools.

Just remember that you, as a parent, have the ability to take a pen and a piece of paper and right a note to your child's school, telling them that you don't want your child listening to what you feel may be a politically charged address. They have to comply too. And get this: Unlike Saddam's Iraq, or Kim Jung Il's DPRK, or Nazi Germany, in America you won't be tortured and/or killed for it.

tony hipchest
09-04-2009, 08:48 PM
i went to open house at my daughters school last night right before the game.

there was a picture of obama hanging on the wall and my "better half" points it out to me, shakes her head, and says "no".

then my daughter picks up on the conversation and wags her finger at it :nono: and says "nuh-uh" (meaning no).

of course my daughter (6 years old and in 1st grade) will openly tell you how "we dont like obama" and how she hates obama, because that is what she has learned from her mom and grandpa during this latest election process.

i tell her that "we" dont hate anybody, but her reality definitely helps me understand some of the people on this site.

personally, i dont think any 6 year old kid knows jack shit about politics, and they shouldnt be talking shit about a sitting president to a bunch of other 6 year olds.

and i said as much. of course my opinion wasnt taken kindly.

not that i care if it was or not... i just refuse to fill my childs head full of shit that is way beyond her grasp. i think its cute that she says the same things about the cowboys (that isnt of my doing either) but i will ensure that she has an open mind and is capable of forming her own opinions when the time is due.

all the preconceived notions and the learned hatred is what bugs me. im pretty much against a wall of 2 against 1, but i wont give up the fight.

grandpa is a huge rush fan, and momma supports her daddys beliefs no matter what. :dang:

Preacher
09-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Just as is the case with the Obama kids' parents. They CHOSE to be there too. And as far as the school address goes, you can hold your kid out of that if you wanted to. That's not a choice they have in North Korea, Nazi Germany, or Saddam's Iraq. So yeah, there's a HUGE difference between Obama's address to students and those dictatorships. That difference is the freedom of choice.

Actually, no. Some of the parents DONT have that choice. The school board has made it mandatory in a school district in Arizona.

See, the basic problem here is, I see it being up to the PARENTS to raise the kids. If you want your child to be CHristian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh, Hindhu, that is your RIGHT in a nation that allows freedom OF religion. However, if I DONT want my child to hear from the president without me first knowing what is going to be said, that should ALSO BE MY RIGHT.

It is called Parental Responsibility. I should be responsible enough to make sure everything my child learns and is subjected to grooms him or her in the way I deem best for his or her life. While I can't Lord over my child, I can make DECISIONS. Here, that DECISION is being taken away in this district.

Thus, church/Obama has NOTHING to do with each other. ONe is a DECISION the parents make for their individual children. The other is a decision a president and a UNION has made. Sorry, that doesn't fly with me.

JackHammer
09-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Actually, no. Some of the parents DONT have that choice. The school board has made it mandatory in a school district in Arizona.

Yes and that's a local issue caused by a local officials, in a RED state nonetheless :laughing:, rather than the big bad scary Socialist Dictator. I also don't see anything in that article that said parents aren't allowed to keep their kids at home that day either. That's also your right.

See, the basic problem here is, I see it being up to the PARENTS to raise the kids. If you want your child to be CHristian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh, Hindhu, that is your RIGHT in a nation that allows freedom OF religion. However, if I DONT want my child to hear from the president without me first knowing what is going to be said, that should ALSO BE MY RIGHT.

I agree about it being up to the parents to raise their kids and also with regards to religion, which is why I think it's ridiculous that people don't apply that same standard to politics. If you can be tolerable of people from other faiths practicing said faith in your country and communities, then why can't you be tolerable of other people practicing their political beliefs in their own homes(which is what the Obama kids were doing btw)? If those jackass parents want to have their kids sing about Obama, it's their right. Those aren't shades of Germany or China. Shades of Germany or China would be every school child singing the same songs of praise to the country/leader.

It is called Parental Responsibility. I should be responsible enough to make sure everything my child learns and is subjected to grooms him or her in the way I deem best for his or her life. While I can't Lord over my child, I can make DECISIONS. Here, that DECISION is being taken away in this district.

I agree with this to the tee and think that the parents of the Obama kids, whether you agree with them or not, should be subject to the same judgment. That's my point. Again, as far as the school issue, you can keep your kids at home that day.

Thus, church/Obama has NOTHING to do with each other. ONe is a DECISION the parents make for their individual children. The other is a decision a president and a UNION has made. Sorry, that doesn't fly with me.

The only decision made by the president was to have an address to school students. He didn't sign an executive order making it mandatory. A jackass superintendent, Dr. Arthur Tate Jr., made it mandadory. I would imagine he's either elected or appointed by an elected counsel. Maybe Arizonans should know who they're electing BEFORE they vote :thumbsup:

MACH1
09-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Way to completely miss the point. This has nothing to do with what Obama thinks about himself and EVERYTHING to do with what beliefs parents choose to push onto their OWN kids, whether it be political or religious. So again I'll ask the very same question(this time in bold for the blind among us): If it's ok for parents to indoctrinate their children with religion, why isn't it ok for parents to indoctrinate their children with political beliefs? Is that not their right as an American citizen???

It just doesn't make any sense. People get so pissed when they see these parents making their kids sing about Obama, yet they don't see anything wrong with parents who make their kids sing about God. It's all indoctrination no matter how you try to slice it. I can post a thousand youtube vids of kids singing in church, and people here would eat it up: "Oh they're so cute." or "They're such good kids." etc etc etc. But as soon as someone posts a video of kids signing about Obama the responses become:

Ok For the thick headed ones around here. Parents have the right to teach their children whatever they want. Be it good or bad.

Do the schools have that right? No they do not!

Preacher
09-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Yes and that's a local issue caused by a local officials, in a RED state nonetheless :laughing:, rather than the big bad scary Socialist Dictator. I also don't see anything in that article that said parents aren't allowed to keep their kids at home that day either. That's also your right.

I agree about it being up to the parents to raise their kids and also with regards to religion, which is why I think it's ridiculous that people don't apply that same standard to politics. If you can be tolerable of people from other faiths practicing said faith in your country and communities, then why can't you be tolerable of other people practicing their political beliefs in their own homes(which is what the Obama kids were doing btw)? If those jackass parents want to have their kids sing about Obama, it's their right. Those aren't shades of Germany or China. Shades of Germany or China would be every school child singing the same songs of praise to the country/leader.

I agree with this to the tee and think that the parents of the Obama kids, whether you agree with them or not, should be subject to the same judgment. That's my point. Again, as far as the school issue, you can keep your kids at home that day.

The only decision made by the president was to have an address to school students. He didn't sign an executive order making it mandatory. A jackass superintendent, Dr. Arthur Tate Jr., made it mandadory. I would imagine he's either elected or appointed by an elected counsel. Maybe Arizonans should know who they're electing BEFORE they vote :thumbsup:

I agree with you on most of this... right up to the point where the president then DOESN'T give the gist of his speech to parents before so they can decided. Politicians ALWAYS give the gist of their speech to the press. You constantly hear, President Obama or President Bush or President Clinton will give a speech on blah blah blah tomorrow. That speech will highlight the need for blah blah blah. In fact, usually the speech manuscript is given to the press BEFORE HAND so that there are no mistakes in reporting. Why not now? THAT smells smarmy.

Then... to say "oops, ok. We'll give it to the schools so they can hand it out... on Monday" When monday is a holiday. Now, they look either 1. Swarmy and stupid or 2. Swarmy and calculating. No. Something just isn't sitting right with me with the way things are being done.

jasonhightower
09-04-2009, 10:10 PM

Preacher, I am with you on that. I don't think they should be forced to watch it either.

JackHammer
09-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Ok For the thick headed ones around here. Parents have the right to teach their children whatever they want. Be it good or bad.

Do the schools have that right? No they do not!

My point with indoctrination was never about the schools. If you had paid attention you would have known I was responding to a reply that claimed that the Obama kids were "Shades of Germany, China." when in reality they were citizens exercising their rights in their private lives.

JackHammer
09-04-2009, 10:15 PM
I agree with you on most of this... right up to the point where the president then DOESN'T give the gist of his speech to parents before so they can decided. Politicians ALWAYS give the gist of their speech to the press. You constantly hear, President Obama or President Bush or President Clinton will give a speech on blah blah blah tomorrow. That speech will highlight the need for blah blah blah. In fact, usually the speech manuscript is given to the press BEFORE HAND so that there are no mistakes in reporting. Why not now? THAT smells smarmy.

Then... to say "oops, ok. We'll give it to the schools so they can hand it out... on Monday" When monday is a holiday. Now, they look either 1. Swarmy and stupid or 2. Swarmy and calculating. No. Something just isn't sitting right with me with the way things are being done.

I do agree that there should be a manuscript made available before the fact. Especially since it deals with kids. I mean, they don't have to do it, but if ever there was a time to do it, it would be now.

Preacher
09-04-2009, 10:20 PM
I do agree that there should be a manuscript made available before the fact. Especially since it deals with kids. I mean, they don't have to do it, but if ever there was a time to do it, it would be now.

And I think that is at the heart of it. It is the same pattern as pushing out a mammoth bill on health care, and telling the people they don't have time to read it, just vote on it. Putting out a mammoth stimulus package and doing basically the same. Now this.

THAT is why I am SO put off by this. As one of the counseling professors in my seminary said, "Once is a mistake, twice a coincidence, three times a pattern."

tony hipchest
09-04-2009, 10:26 PM
in other news... children are forced to defecate in the public school restrooms and denied the right to shit where ever they please.

"big brother" also has enforced the concept of washing ones hands after taking a crap.

:shout:- OUTRAGE!!!!!

JackHammer
09-04-2009, 10:29 PM
in other news... children are forced to defecate in the public school restrooms and denied the right to shit where ever they please.

"big brother" also has enforced the concept of washing ones hands after taking a crap.

:shout:- OUTRAGE!!!!!

Well you done it now. The Thought Police are coming to get you :wave:

Preacher
09-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Well you done it now. The Thought Police are coming to get you :wave:
No... its just Tony's way of spoiling any discussion of points that may tarnish Obama's image.

Hey Tony... Tarnish This!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z3zLnwZeL3o/SOK0t9NBkzI/AAAAAAAAAKo/Th_8QfoYhKQ/s1600/obama%2Byouth.jpg

steelwalls
09-04-2009, 11:18 PM
No... its just Tony's way of spoiling any discussion of points that may tarnish Obama's image.

Hey Tony... Tarnish This!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z3zLnwZeL3o/SOK0t9NBkzI/AAAAAAAAAKo/Th_8QfoYhKQ/s1600/obama%2Byouth.jpg

Just read the polls Obama is doing a good job at tarnishing his own image. Deficating in school bathrooms??? ridiculous comment.

7SteelGal43
09-04-2009, 11:41 PM
My point with indoctrination was never about the schools. If you had paid attention you would have known I was responding to a reply that claimed that the Obama kids were "Shades of Germany, China." when in reality they were citizens exercising their rights in their private lives.

You have a point that these Obama kids singing being in a private setting brought their voluntarily by their parents. But the kids in the classroom were in a public school, not private homes . The "shades of Germany and China" comment I made was in referene to an overall relationship or similarity between these 3 things. And according to one source, the American flag in at least one of the classrooms was about 4 feet away from the image of Obama, and the kids were facing Obama.

Maybe Arizonans should know who they're electing BEFORE they vote

I wonder how many people in America right now are wishing they had a 'do over' ?

tony hipchest
09-05-2009, 12:09 AM
.................................................. .................................................. ...........:monkey:

Just read the polls Obama is doing a good job at tarnishing his own image. Deficating in school bathrooms??? ridiculous comment.

:jerkit: as is this thread and your stance (see monkey for my thoughts on it).

JackHammer
09-05-2009, 12:36 AM
I wonder how many people in America right now are wishing they had a 'do over' ?

Probably not many to be honest. All of the people who vote party above all will remain entrenched in that position. No hardcore Democrat or Republican would vote any differently today. It's the swing voter who usually tips an election in the favor of any given candidate, but they're in the minority so there probably aren't many people who would change their vote if they had to vote again today. If anything most people are firmly entrenched in their partisan bunkers right now while those of us in the middle watch the fireworks.

steelwalls
09-05-2009, 12:43 AM
.................................................. .................................................. ...........:monkey:

:jerkit: as is this thread and your stance (see monkey for my thoughts on it).

Your thoughts are in the toilet, apparent by your stupid defication remark. And stop jacking off you'll go blind.

tony hipchest
09-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Your thoughts are in the toilet, apparent by your stupid defication remark. And stop jacking off you'll go blind.

:banana: :jerkit: :monkey:

its pretty evident (and im sure the mods can see) that you still have a raging hard on for me.

sad.

steelwalls
09-05-2009, 12:58 AM
:banana: :jerkit: :monkey:

its pretty evident (and im sure the mods can see) that you still have a raging hard on for me.

sad.

Get me banned again Toney, Im sure you'd cream your pants then.

tony hipchest
09-05-2009, 01:04 AM
accountability and ownership of ones own actions is dead amongst this current breed of young americans. no wonder we find ourselves in the situation we are in.

:shout:- BLAME!!!!!!

steelwalls
09-05-2009, 01:09 AM
accountability and ownership of ones own actions is dead amongst this current breed of young americans. no wonder we find ourselves in the situation we are in.

:shout:- BLAME!!!!!!

In case you forgot, I took my blame and asked for the ban, I only hope you got to read what I said before it was deleted.

And speaking of blame, had you not came at me with personal attacks we'd be fine. Theres plenty of dems/liberals whatever on this board I dont have a problem with. Your problem is you think you know it all and thats fine, but dont try to belittle everyone else that does not conform to your ideals, and I promise you I'll never try to get you to conform to mine or insinuate that your intelligence is lesser because you dont agree with me.

tony hipchest
09-05-2009, 01:19 AM
random thought-

fruitbats trip me out.

they're creepy..... in a chupacabra, nut cracking sort of way.

steelwalls
09-05-2009, 01:20 AM
random thought-

fruitbats trip me out. theyre creepy..... in a chupacabra, nut cracking sort of way.

:hunch;

yeah

augustashark
09-05-2009, 02:20 AM

there was a picture of obama hanging on the wall and my "better half" points it out to me, shakes her head, and says "no".

then my daughter picks up on the conversation and wags her finger at it :nono: and says "nuh-uh" (meaning no).

of course my daughter (6 years old and in 1st grade) will openly tell you how "we dont like obama" and how she hates obama, because that is what she has learned from her mom and grandpa during this latest election process.

i tell her that "we" dont hate anybody, but her reality definitely helps me understand some of the people on this site.

personally, i dont think any 6 year old kid knows jack shit about politics, and they shouldnt be talking shit about a sitting president to a bunch of other 6 year olds.

not that i care if it was or not... i just refuse to fill my childs head full of shit that is way beyond her grasp. i think its cute that she says the same things about the cowboys (that isnt of my doing either) but i will ensure that she has an open mind and is capable of forming her own opinions when the time is due.

all the preconceived notions and the learned hatred is what bugs me. im pretty much against a wall of 2 against 1, but i wont give up the fight.

grandpa is a huge rush fan, and momma supports her daddys beliefs no matter what. :dang:

Maybe you should let your "better half" post here. I think we would all be better off.

JackHammer
09-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Maybe you should let your "better half" post here. I think we would all be better off.

OH SNAP! :jawdrop:

tony hipchest
09-05-2009, 02:52 AM

"we"???? :laughing:

do you got a mouse in your pocket?

who the hell are you?

silly newbs crack me up.

augustashark
09-05-2009, 03:01 AM
"we"???? :laughing:

do you got a mouse in your pocket?

who the hell are you?

silly newbs crack me up.

Maybe it's time to wean you from my NEWB! I guess it has been LONG enough.:drink:

Off you go!:chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-05-2009, 03:24 AM
^^^^the ankle bracelet is obviously choking off the blood flow to the brain.^^^^

:screwy:

augustashark
09-05-2009, 03:29 AM
^^^^the ankle bracelet is obviously choking off the blood flow to the brain.^^^^

:screwy:

Your bracelet is not on my ankle! and yes it does kinda "choke" off the blood flow!:chuckle:

Your posts are so lame! Just like your personal life:sissies:

X-Terminator
09-05-2009, 10:33 AM

Well, that's kinda part of the point I was trying to make. Schools, especially grade schools, are not the place for any kind of political indoctrination, whether it's left or right. They're there to learn their ABCs and 1-2-3s, not get into political BS.

Plus, I'd like to know how you and your wife co-exist, with you apparently being on opposite ends of the political spectrum? Given how charged political discussions are nowadays, it has to be a little tough. Or is there some kind of "no politics" rule in the house?

stillers4me
09-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I thought there was a picture of the the president in every school....there was when I grew up. It's there because he's ....well....the president.

But the thought of Tony's wife and father in law (and daughter) being conservative makes me chuckle.

Michael Keller
09-05-2009, 11:10 AM
I can only hope that because this guy is sooo o disgusting bad for our country along with Pelosi , Franks , Dodd et al t hat the 2010 elections will show an awakening and return to sanity. Oboma is worse than I even thought he would be but he is a camillion and will do whatever it takes to survive including moving to the middle .

fansince'76
09-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Please folks, if the BS continues, I'm going to start handing out infracts and locking threads. Thanks.

MACH1
09-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Well, that's kinda part of the point I was trying to make. Schools, especially grade schools, are not the place for any kind of political indoctrination, whether it's left or right. They're there to learn their ABCs and 1-2-3s, not get into political BS.

Plus, I'd like to know how you and your wife co-exist, with you apparently being on opposite ends of the political spectrum? Given how charged political discussions are nowadays, it has to be a little tough. Or is there some kind of "no politics" rule in the house?

Its called make-up sex. :chuckle:

7SteelGal43
09-05-2009, 02:02 PM
I thought there was a picture of the the president in every school....there was when I grew up. It's there because he's ....well....the president.

But the thought of Tony's wife and father in law (and daughter) being conservative makes me chuckle.

Yeah, we've already made that point, stillers, and nobody is saying their shouldn't be a photo of the president in classrooms and or federal builings..

tony hipchest
09-06-2009, 12:45 AM

Plus, I'd like to know how you and your wife co-exist, with you apparently being on opposite ends of the political spectrum? Given how charged political discussions are nowadays, it has to be a little tough. Or is there some kind of "no politics" rule in the house?in a way it is. i dont think i should have to hear shit just because i wanna watch a presidential address.

we pretty much go by the "no politics rule".

we are both fairly moderate, in the middle, and see eye to eye on most issues. she simply despises oboma.

I

its a joy. you shoulda seen it when we drove to phoenix about a month ago so he could have part of his cancerous tongue removed. listening to rush for about 2 hours about killed me. :doh: but that was on the same day tim and pat were broadcasting live from steelers camp on sirius, so i got them back with 4 hours of steelers football on the radio. being that they are bears fans who have adopted the steelers on my behalf, it wasnt too bad.

there will be no "adoption" of obama though.

my father in law is one hell of a cool dude and he treats me like his son. i dont care what he says (or believes)... at this point im just glad he can talk at all (and hope my babys grandpa, and andreas daddy is around for many more years).:hope:

i still dont like my 6 year old child's head being filled with shit at such a young age.

Its called make-up sex. :chuckle:

its called "grudgefu***ghettaboutit" :wink02: you know....

ever have sex with an ex who you held a grudge against, and it turns out to be some of the best sex ever as you release all of your aggressions? :sun:

:popcorn:

GBMelBlount
09-06-2009, 07:54 AM
tony hipchest

i still dont like my 6 year old child's head being filled with shit at such a young age.

Probably from too much home schooling? :chuckle:

St33lersguy
09-06-2009, 09:52 AM
I pledge not to believe any b.s. and propaganda Obama or any other left wing loony spew out.

jasonhightower
09-06-2009, 01:43 PM
I can only hope that because this guy is sooo o disgusting bad for our country along with Pelosi , Franks , Dodd et al t hat the 2010 elections will show an awakening and return to sanity. Oboma is worse than I even thought he would be but he is a camillion and will do whatever it takes to survive including moving to the middle .

Does this really surprise you? I mean it is politics. You can NEVER completely trust anyone in politics. Period.

TackleMeBen
09-06-2009, 01:51 PM
this is what obama will be doing if he has his way.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/obama-rip-constitution.jpg

43Hitman
09-06-2009, 07:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kAw4OTlA0

God, Family, Country. That's what I'll pledge to. Oh and I thought, that the President was supposed to serve us, not the other way around.

MACH1
09-06-2009, 08:01 PM
this is what obama will be doing if he has his way.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/obama-rip-constitution.jpg

To late. It's already been done.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Why do people fall for this crap... Stop listening to talk radio and use your brains..... Obama is giving a speech on education. Why would we not want our studnets to listen to it?????? He is our president

7SteelGal43
09-06-2009, 09:24 PM
YEAH !!!! You tell 'em, Penn :toofunny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdf4uYnMmkg&feature=fvw

HometownGal
09-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Why do people fall for this crap... Stop listening to talk radio and use your brains.....

http://www.bay-of-fundie.com/img/2007/fstdt-pot-kettle2.jpg

MACH1
09-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Why do people fall for this crap... Stop listening to talk radio and use your brains..... Obama is giving a speech on education. Why would we not want our studnets to listen to it?????? He is our president

Thats what hitler called it too.

At my sons school the child has the option to opt out of watching if they don't want to. I'll give him my opinion of what and why I think and leave it up to him if he wants to watch it.

My guess is he will just to annoy me. :noidea:

cubanstogie
09-06-2009, 10:31 PM

why do people fall for this crap? That was my big question when Hussein was campaigning. A lot of people have jumped off his band wagon, per the poles. Obviously you, are drinking the kool aid , and still on it.

kids are impressionable and believe what they hear. They don't see through Husseins lies and broken promises. Kids need to be taught work hard and you will reap the benefits, not sit on your butt and take from others. We don't need kids getting one sided views on things like global warming and other lib propaganda.

tony hipchest
09-06-2009, 10:50 PM
president obama has a proper name and title. you might want to learn to use it.

until then.... "dubya,,," :laughing:

:crying01:

7SteelGal43
09-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Thats what hitler called it too.

At my sons school the child has the option to opt out of watching if they don't want to. I'll give him my opinion of what and why I think and leave it up to him if he wants to watch it.

My guess is he will just to annoy me. :noidea:

:chuckle: ain't kids great ?!!

7SteelGal43
09-06-2009, 11:02 PM

Gosh darn it all, you're right. tony. Our president does have a proper name and title. Let's all say it together, shall we ?

President Barack Hussein Obama.

Yes lordy, there's an all American name for ya.

tony hipchest
09-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Gosh darn it all, you're right. tony. Our president does have a proper name and title. Let's all say it together, shall we ?

learn it...

live it...

love it...

:cool:

cubanstogie
09-07-2009, 12:31 AM

More like Barack Hussein Obama, President of all 57 states. We don't want to short change the guy. Its funny Dan Quayle caught more grief for spelling potato wrong than Hussein did for his blunder. The hypocrisy never ends for libs.

tony hipchest
09-07-2009, 01:03 AM
hypocricy = bu..bu..bu...dan quail.

*coo coo*.

:coffee:

JEFF4i
09-07-2009, 01:17 AM

Who gives a hoot if it's all-American?

Oh yeah, people who like the name Ronald. :thumbsup:

MACH1
09-07-2009, 01:43 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xO-dVZY1Xk8/SRMyfZc7z8I/AAAAAAAABVE/Wgrvr8Jyft0/s400/Obama%2BKool-Aid.jpg

HometownGal
09-07-2009, 08:48 AM

Yes, you're right Tony. Obaaaaaaaama does have a proper name and title.

http://therealbarackobama.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/americanidolobama.jpg

For the next 3 years, 5 months and some odd days. . . . jackass. :laughing:

St33lersguy
09-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Yes, you're right Tony. Obaaaaaaaama does have a proper name and title.

http://therealbarackobama.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/americanidolobama.jpg

For the next 3 years, 5 months and some odd days. . . . jackass. :laughing:

rich4eagle
09-07-2009, 02:50 PM

If he is an idiot does that make Bush a sub createn.........and the whole republican party mollusks?
Apparently none of em ever had math as well, since for eight years they made things add up to negative numbers:tt::tt03:

7SteelGal43
09-07-2009, 03:09 PM
If he is an idiot does that make Bush a sub createn.........and the whole republican party mollusks?
Apparently none of em ever had math as well, since for eight years they made things add up:tt::tt03:

:chuckle: yer talkin jibberish

rich4eagle
09-07-2009, 03:42 PM
:chuckle: yer talkin jibberish

yeah right from right talking Reagan the KING of deficit spending who did nothing when 200 Marines were slaughtered and funded Iraq to attack Iran

Go figure genius......

the difference is my gibberish has facts and numbers and your rhetoric is pure BS:tt:

MACH1
09-07-2009, 03:46 PM
yeah right from right talking Reagan the KING of deficit spending who did nothing when 200 Marines were slaughtered and funded Iraq to attack Iran

Go figure genius......

the difference is my gibberish has facts and numbers and your rhetoric is pure BS:tt:

All this from a Carter fan!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6LJj4p8MoKs/SUAscHmpuPI/AAAAAAAAAGM/YjmbY13cjgM/S220/Obama+kool+aid.jpg

7SteelGal43
09-07-2009, 07:21 PM

Go figure genius......

Here’s some #s for ya.

UNDER REAGAN :

The National Deficit when Reagan left office was 152 billion….right now it's at 1.3 trillion. Guess Reagan gave up his crown long ago.

inflation went from 12.5% to 4.4%

GDP grew at a rate of 3.4% a year

unemployment went from 7.1% to 5.5% - it’s currently near 10%

Though he lowered taxes, the IRS actually went from taking in 308 billion to taking in 548 billion. Almost double.

Reagan said that the biggest disappointment of his presidency was that the National Debt went from 700 billion to 3 trillion. Remind me again what is now ? That’s right….11 trillion and growing.

MACH1
09-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Here’s some #s for ya.

UNDER REAGAN :

The National Deficit when Reagan left office was 152 billion….right now it's at 1.3 trillion. Guess Reagan gave us his crown long ago.

inflation went from 12.5% to 4.4%

GDP grew at a rate of 3.4% a year

unemployment went from 7.1% to 5.5% - it’s currently near 10%

Though he lowered taxes, the IRS actually went from taking in 308 billion to taking in 548 billion. Almost double.

Reagan said that the biggest disappointment of his presidency was that the National Debt went from 700 billion to 3 trillion. Remind me again what is now ? That’s right….11 trillion and growing.

Oh come now, don't confuse them with facts.

here's how the argument will go.
bu...bu...bu...bush.

HometownGal
09-07-2009, 08:25 PM

Go figure genius......

And how did Bubba respond when the WTC was bombed in 1993, the Khobar Towers (which housed U.S. Air Force servicemen and women) was bombed in 1996, the U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed in 1998 and the USS Cole was bombed in 2000, genius?

That answer is easy.

Nothing. Zip, zilch, nada. The big ZERO.

Well - that's not 100% true. He did order a missile fired after the '98 Embassy bombings but hit a pharmaceutical plant in Sudan. :doh:

TackleMeBen
09-07-2009, 08:40 PM
i thought he did that so the media would get off his back about getting busy in the oval office with monica:wink02:

tony hipchest
09-07-2009, 08:57 PM
"bu..bu..bu..clinton".

i guess after 8 years of constantly saying it in defense of lord bush, old habits are hard to break.

obama AND hilary hold office.... :rofl:

clinton.

clinton.

:shout:-CLINTON!!!!

MACH1
09-07-2009, 09:17 PM
http://cambraysheepcheese.com.au/images/cambray_sheep_cheese_header.jpg

:chuckle:

augustashark
09-07-2009, 09:42 PM

Go figure genius......

Sorry sir, but you are talking gibberish!:toofunny:

Also, trying to attack Reagan is'nt helping your case.

Remember when Discovery channel with host Matt Lauer ran the "Greatest American" show. I think the number of people who voted was somewhere around 2.5 million. I can't remember, but who won the contest? I also don't remember the discovery channel being in the "right wing" part of the media!:toofunny:

I even think AOL was part of the contest:laughing: I bet they were shitting their pants when the results came in.

HometownGal
09-07-2009, 10:17 PM
"bu..bu..bu..clinton".

i guess after 8 years of constantly saying it in defense of lord bush, old habits are hard to break.

obama AND hilary hold office.... :rofl:

clinton.

Hey hipcheese - one of your fellow Sheeple-crats did the bu, bu, but Reagan and tossed the poison dart, so I tossed a bu, bu, but Clinton dart back. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-07-2009, 10:40 PM
"im rubber, youre glue...." :chuckle:

"bu..bu..bu..clinton" will never die.

its basically a hat rack for the republigoats. :hatsoff:

MACH1
09-07-2009, 11:02 PM
"im rubber, youre glue...." :chuckle:

"bu..bu..bu..clinton" will never die.

its basically a hat rack for the republigoats. :hatsoff:

http://lovetoknit.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/happy-sheep1.jpg

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::flap:

tony hipchest
09-07-2009, 11:27 PM

i found mach1's yearbook photo-

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/EkXsJv.jpg

:laughing: :wink:

7SteelGal43
09-07-2009, 11:31 PM

:laughing: :wink:

Don't come with those lies, tony. You just cropped the head off a Tom Brady photo.

MACH1
09-07-2009, 11:34 PM

Hey, I don't live in Wyoming or New England. Ya know, where men are men and sheep are nervous. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
09-07-2009, 11:36 PM

Hey, I don't live in Wyoming or New England. Ya know, where men are men and sheep are nervous. :sofunny:

6zGOhoHktJc

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: (my favorite part of the flic)

MACH1
09-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Tony modeling his Halloween costume last year. :flap:

http://www.ltlf.co.uk/derby/man_with_sheep.jpg

:rofl: :wink02:

tony hipchest
09-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Tony modeling his Halloween costume last year. :flap:

:rofl: :wink02::chuckle:

dont think i wouldnt wear that.... dont know if it would top my "pippi longc0cking" costume, but its worth a shot.

damn... now i gotta try to remember all of my "aggie... cowboy... sheep...", jokes.

what does an elephant use for a tampon? a sheep.

how does one know the elephant is on the rag? theres a quarter on the night stand and mach1's sheep is missing.

why to cowboys wear such wide boots? to hold the sheeps feet in.

MACH1
09-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Why does Tony wear velcro gloves - to keep the sheep from running away.

What time is it in Wyoming when a guy finds a sheep with it's head stuck in the fence?
Mountain Time.

Why do men in Wyoming wear button-fly jeans?
Because sheep can hear a zipper for miles.

Why did God create Woman?
Cuz' sheep can't cook.

MACH1
09-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Oh and...

The State of Wyoming Department of Agriculture announced that they have discovered some new uses for sheep.
It's called "wool" and "mutton".

tony hipchest
09-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Oh and...

The State of Wyoming Department of Agriculture announced that they have discovered some new uses for sheep.
It's called "wool" and "mutton".:laughing:

lol @ "mounting time".

lmao @ "wyoming" jokes.

i guess theyre just as bad as texans around here. :yeehaw:

MACH1
09-08-2009, 01:15 AM
:laughing:

lmao @ "wyoming" jokes.

i guess theyre just as bad as texans around here.

You can't turn around up there without hitting a range maggot.

tony hipchest
09-08-2009, 10:45 PM
so how did "national brainwashing day" go at your childrens schools today?

today all schools were closed in our town for CIA day. :hunch:

some bullshit about "Continued Improvement blah blah blah" :blah: day.

never in my 25+ years of exposure to this towns public schools has the day after labor day (1st national holiday observed after immediate return from the summer break) been observed as a "holiday" or "snow day" or even "parent teacher counciling" day.

so in order to observe "continuous improvement of our children, we give them all (and the entire school admin a day off???)

lmao. our tax dollars hard at work.

thats the problem with living in a back woods, po-dunk, republican, cow town i guess.

MACH1
09-08-2009, 11:32 PM
My kids school opted not to show it. Here our grade school only goes half days on wednesdays. Teachers special ed days. lol

tony hipchest
09-08-2009, 11:46 PM
My kids school opted not to show it.

:jawdrop:

:shout:-PANIC!!!

:laughing:

(they woulda wasted more $$$ and "continued improvement..." altogether if they woulda just canceled education for the entire day like my town). :shake01:

good thing we are not cash strapped and having to foot the bill for an extra day of unforseen day care. :doh:

7SteelGal43
09-09-2009, 12:44 PM
How much crap has been said about parents opting to keep their kids out of school or some schools simply opting not to participate ? After all, other presidents have done this....we're just overreacting.....right ? right ?

When Bush Sr. was President, he gave a speech to school children.There were actually congressonal hearings on the matter. Wonder what exactly they were looking for ?! hmmm. The NEA rose holy hell denouncing Bush for spending money on such a 'unnecessary' thing the NEA thought he had "had no business" doing after he'd cut some funding from the school lunch program. The cost of his presentation ?
$26,000. Yep TWENTY SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS.

When Obama announced his plan to speak to school children, the NEA wet themselves with excitment and glee at what a WONDERFUL thing he was doing for the kids. :jerkit: hypocrisy much ?

EDIT : just wanna be correct, would that be hypocrisy or double standard ?