PDA

View Full Version : Big College Game Thread....

revefsreleets
09-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Even on Opening Thursday Night, there's a big game on already with #16 Oregon at #14 Boise State. Saturday there's VT/Bama and Georgia/OKST so right out of the gate some BCS determining games.

Can't believe it...college football is back!

Steel Head
09-03-2009, 10:04 PM
it's crazy how Boise State is way way better than any team in the Big East yet the Big East winner is guaranteed a BCS bowl game. They really need to drop the Big East from the BCS stuff, since the realignment it has become a basketball conference

I cant wait for Georgia vs Oklahoma State on Saturday.

Vis
09-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Go Gameprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterp rofanityfilters

They won but it was an ugly game. 7-3 over NCSt

There's something wrong here if I can't type the name of my college team

Vis
09-04-2009, 06:55 AM
GO C_O_C_K_S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2009, 08:29 AM
it's crazy how Boise State is way way better than any team in the Big East yet the Big East winner is guaranteed a BCS bowl game. They really need to drop the Big East from the BCS stuff, since the realignment it has become a basketball conference

I cant wait for Georgia vs Oklahoma State on Saturday.

Its crazy how you keep yapping your mouth with anti-Big East garbage time and time again.

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Big East is currently 20-16 vs the SEC and is the only conference with a winning record vs SEC Teams.

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 08:32 AM
GO C_O_C_K_S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

There ya go...I don't think you can use coach LeBeau's first name either...

As for Boise State, I'm not sure I'm ready to concede that they are "way better" than any Big East team...the WAC is still the WAC, and the schedule isn't very difficult. Even adding a Pac-10 team like Oregon, their current SOS is still only 72. WVU (currently the highest ranked BE team at #28) still has a significantly more difficult schedule at 44 overall.

SOS counts...a lot...and they still really only play like 2 real competitive teams all year (Utah being the other ranked team on their schedule). So if they win out, IMO, they DO NOT deserve to play in the NC game.

However, if they win out, which means they have to win all the games they should win, and beat Utah, they WILL get a BCS bowl, and in that conference, with that schedule, they should be pleased that they get even that much. If they played in any other BCS conference, even the Big East, they'd lose 1-2 games a year every year, so the point is moot...

Finally, cutting any OSU hate off at the knees, the Buckeyes current SOS is #7, so PLEASE no tired nonsense about they don't play anybody or how the Big Ten sucks...

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Got to give Boise their due, what are they, 49-0 at home or something. That crazy blue turf just messes with folks.

I'd like to see Boise expand their out of conference schedule some before we give them a title shot. They can still get an at large BCS Bid so that isn't a real concern, playing for the National Title is still beyond their reach however until they get a 2nd out of Conference Team on their schedule. Problem is no one really wants to sign a home and home with Boise, because playing on that blue turf, is a tough freaking road game for almost any team.

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 08:43 AM
They should ask Florida...the Gators are playing (and I'm not making this up) Charleston Southern as their opener. They should drop 3 spots in the polls for scheduling the cream puff of all cream puffs for an opener...I'm embarrassed for them.

Seriously, if they want it, the Buckeyes would be game...I see they are playing Miami(OH) next week, so obviously the MAC teams are up for the challenge...

I think it's a question of level...they don't REALLY want to play a top 10 team and lose, so they schedule teams with some familiarity, somewhere hovering around 20, and try to win at that level. If they schedule a REAL power team like USC or PSU, they'll lose and that goes a long way towards killing their BCS chances.

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Oh man, check out the Gators ENTIRE Schedule. Its not just Charleston Southern, they also play Troy and Florida International (Have they actually won a Div I Game yet?). Last year they should have been banned from the Title game for playing Citadel, but now, its even worse. 3 horrible Out of Conference games, and we are supposed to be happy if they make the title game? Sickening.

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Boise also plays Bowling Green. So it looks like the Mac is definitely willing.

Boise needs to just bolt the conference and join the Pac 10 or something.

KeiselPower99
09-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Im actually sick of the top tier teams playing creampuff teams and acting like its ok. WVU fans complain about playing Marshall and how its not a good game for them but they will play Liberty and Norfolk St. and Eastern Washinton who they beat by 70 points. Flordia is a 63 point favorite tomorrow. How the hell is that even fair?

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Oh man, check out the Gators ENTIRE Schedule. Its not just Charleston Southern, they also play Troy and Florida International (Have they actually won a Div I Game yet?). Last year they should have been banned from the Title game for playing Citadel, but now, its even worse. 3 horrible Out of Conference games, and we are supposed to be happy if they make the title game? Sickening.

I'm SICK of the argument that "Wah, we already play too many tough SEC games to schedule REAL OOC competition" from those Southeasten Conference teams. They WON'T leave the SE, they WON"T play in cold weather, and they WON'T man up and play any reall OOC competition (for the most part...TN, GA and Bama have manned up a bit as of late)

Dino 6 Rings
09-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm SICK of the argument that "Wah, we already play too many tough SEC games to schedule REAL OOC competition" from those Southeasten Conference teams. They WON'T leave the SE, they WON"T play in cold weather, and they WON'T man up and play any reall OOC competition (for the most part...TN, GA and Bama have manned up a bit as of late)

Well yeah, some of them do play One out of conference team that's not a total cream puff. Florida plays FSU, Auburn did a home and home with WVU, Georgia did the same with Ok State. Pretty sure Auburn also Home and Home against USC a few y ears back as did Arkansas. LSU did it with Va Tech too a couple years ago. But they don't "double down" at all, and never travel north really, except Auburn going to WVU last season.

I'd love to see Florida at Michigan sometime (if michigan gets good again) or LSU at Ohio State, or Georgia at Pitt (I'll take that game anyday).

Bama I think did sign up with PSU so that may be very interesting here in a couple years. Still, the cream puffs they do play are so bad, so horrible, and they play 2 or 3 of them a season. Total garbage.

Steel Head
09-05-2009, 01:55 PM
anyone watching OSU vs Navy? Navy just scored to make it 27-29 and are going for 2 for the tie

looks like reveshomer overrated his team again lol

Steel Head
09-05-2009, 02:00 PM
now it's 31-27 OSU

i guess they returned an INT or fumble all the way for 2? LOL

KeiselPower99
09-05-2009, 02:02 PM
now it's 31-27 OSU

They returned a INT for 2. Damn exciting game.

Dino 6 Rings
09-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Playing Navy is always tough, that darn wishbone option is like nothing else.

hindes204
09-05-2009, 02:25 PM
the navy game was on over here...it was a really good game. I knew it was going to be a tough game for OSU.

Dino 6 Rings
09-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Minnesota squeaked out a win up in Syracuse with an OT FG after an INT on Cuse's first OT offensive possession.

Ohio State dodges a Navy bullet with a big play on a 2 point conversion.

Iowa avoids an upset to Northern Iowa with 2 blocked FGs in the last 5 seconds, (Unbelievable)

That's why you play the games.

revefsreleets
09-05-2009, 03:19 PM
now it's 31-27 OSU

Navy is a well coached, disciplined team. And OSU ran their typical "We won't show anything in the first game" nonsense offense and it almost came back to bite them in the ass again. One of these years they'll lose an opener and that'll learn them. They always play like shit in the first game...ALWAYS...

Dino 6 Rings
09-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Georgia up early over Ok State. 7-0

Dino 6 Rings
09-05-2009, 03:30 PM
anyone actually watching the ND vs Nevada game?

pittsburghp8baller
09-05-2009, 04:05 PM
anyone actually watching the ND vs Nevada game?

I am of course, woke up early today just to watch the game, going to have to take a nap before i go into work tonight.

Clausen is really looking good and the defense has really impressed me with there ability to shut Kapernick down

hindes204
09-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Air Force won 72-0!!!!!

Not that this is a big game or anything, but being in the Air Force, i kinda had to throw it out there

Dino 6 Rings
09-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Ok State starting to take control up 10 over Georgia.

hindes204
09-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Yea, Ok state looks good...special teams looks great

Steel Head
09-05-2009, 05:19 PM
What is gayer ABC or MAryland?

Instead of the Georgia/Ok State game, they have on the goddam Wake Forest/ Baylor game here in Maryland. F-ing sucks

Dino 6 Rings
09-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Baylor just won that game so it should flip to the GA vs OK State game now.

24-10 Ok State, Ok with the ball.

Dino 6 Rings
09-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Michigan hung 31 up on the scoreboard today...uh oh...Rich Rod got his people working up there.

Dino 6 Rings
09-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Next week, Michigan 1-0 vs Notre Dame 1-0.

Great game to settle things out.

Dino 6 Rings
09-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Va Tech can't do crap with the ball against bama...currently their 7 points from a KO return vs 9 points for bama.

Also, BYU knocked Sam Bradford from the game with Oklahoma. Interesting turn of events. 10-7 Ok over BYU.

SteelCityMan786
09-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Next week, Michigan 1-0 vs Notre Dame 1-0.

Great game to settle things out.

If both offenses played like they did from what I could tell, this will be a shootout.

Dino 6 Rings
09-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Holy Crap...BYU 14-Oklahoma 10

edit...FINAL SCORE

Dino 6 Rings
09-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Bama about to put this game away. Up by 7, 3rd and goal 10 mins left in the game.

SteelCityMan786
09-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Holy Crap...BYU 14-Oklahoma 10

edit...FINAL SCORE

:jawdrop:

If these guys are able to hold their ground the rest of the way, they might be a BCS Bowl Buster.

Nadroj 20
09-06-2009, 09:05 AM
:jawdrop:

If these guys are able to hold their ground the rest of the way, they might be a BCS Bowl Buster.

IDK about that Bradford got hurt....if your hiesman winner stays in the game i think its a different outcome.

KeiselPower99
09-06-2009, 09:09 AM
It was a great first Saturady of college football. The scare in Columbus to BYU beating the Sooners.

revefsreleets
09-06-2009, 12:38 PM
I was a bit surprised by both BYU and Okie State...although both Georgia AND Oklahoma seem to choke at least once a year now. Props to Georgia for being one of like 3 SEC teams to actually PLAY a REAL opponent early one, even though by losing that game they already put themselves in a hoorible NC position. It's high risk/high reward.

Bama risked and it paid off, Georgia and Oklahoma risked and lost.

Dino 6 Rings
09-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Best game of the weekend, Miami vs Florida State. 6 lead changes, final play of the game a throw to the endzone from the 2 yard line for the win and the ball was dropped. Holy crap. What a freaking game.

Love Rivalry games. Colorado vs C State was ok, OK State handled business against Georgia, I hear that LSU got all it could from Washington (I didn't watch that game)

Watched Cincy vs Rutgers, Cincy is looking good, I hate that defense. Tough as nails.

BYU over Oklahoma...just wow.

Iowa blocks 2 field goals in the last 10 seconds to beat Northern Iowa, holy crap.

Missouri pounds Illinios into submission. Looked good doing it.

What a weekend. I watched may 2 seconds of the ND Game. Look forward to them vs Michigan this weekend.

OSU vs USC. OSU Dodges a HUGE bullet.

I LOVE FOOTBALL SEASON!!!

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Week two big match-ups are a little harder to come by...outside the big #4 vs #6 match-up in Columbus, the plate is a little empty. I guess ND/Michigan is a big draw just because it's the Irish. I see a LOT of top 25 teams schedule padding again...

SteelersinCA
09-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Week two big match-ups are a little harder to come by...outside the big #4 vs #6 match-up in Columbus, the plate is a little empty. I guess ND/Michigan is a big draw just because it's the Irish. I see a LOT of top 25 teams schedule padding again...

3 v 8 or 3 v 7 depending on which poll you favor.

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 12:19 PM

Wow. That REALLY matters, huh?

I pulled that straight off the Yahoo schedules & scores board. Perhaps you could inform them of your "big win" in setting me straight...maybe someone there will actually give a f***... :pity:

SteelersinCA
09-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Just pointing out updated rankings is all, again no need to get defensive, geez, relax man.

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 12:24 PM
It's week two...hardly relevant. But I guess you take your Pyrrhic victories wherever and however you can find 'em, eh?

SteelersinCA
09-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Not made for the purpose of any victory. Just a simple statment of fact which apparently offended your delicate sensitivities. Can you at least come up with some new material in your angry retorts? You sound like a broken record.

Even better, save it for tomorrow at 4 pm.

Steel Head
09-08-2009, 12:35 PM
That Miami/FSU game last night was awesome. I'm glad Bowden and FSU lost

Steel Head
09-08-2009, 12:36 PM

oh, OSU dropped because they almost lost. that's funny

I actually watched the USC game and was really not impressed with them at all. They had a real sloppy start to the game and then started rolling. They just don't look like the huge powerhouse they have been

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Not made for the purpose of any victory. Just a simple statment of fact which apparently offended your delicate sensitivities. Can you at least come up with some new material in your angry retorts? You sound like a broken record.

Even better, save it for tomorrow at 4 pm.

I'm sorry, but you seem to be mistaken about the nature of tomorrow. I'm not really interested in saying anything to you one way or the other, as I'M not the one who plays chameleon between board and real-life. I'm not meeting you to converse or swap recipes or engage in wonderfully witty discourse (like correcting a 4 to a 3 or a 6 to a 7 or other superfluous exercises in ridiculous displays of pathetic one-up-manship), I'm simply showing up because I said I would, and always do. IF, on the extreme outside chance you do show up, I'm going to acknowledge that you showed, I'll stay long enough to actually give YOU the opportunity to be disrespectful and say anything even remotely approaching some the garbage you type behind your keyboard towards me, and then I'm going to leave and go about the rest of my day.

Just wanted to clarify...

SteelersinCA
09-08-2009, 01:57 PM
I love how you attempt to set it up now that you are starting to realize I'll show up. A chameleon that hides behind my keboard. However if I say anything remotely close to what I type I'm disrespectful. Good try. So by me showing up and asking you why you're an arrogant, homer prick, I'm no longer an Internet tough guy, but I'm disrespectful. Whatever your story is. I hope you just walk away with your tail between your legs like the little man we all know you are. Heaven forbid you actually have to engage someone who calls you out on the bullshit and anger you spew.

This is going to be a bad week for you. All your assumptions about me will be laid to rest and you'll have to watch your precious team get dismantled by superior talent and coaching. Making you pay up is merely icing on your humble pie dinner.

SteelersinCA
09-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Double post, sorry mods iPhone sucks for sf.

Steel Head
09-08-2009, 02:02 PM
I love how you attempt to set it up now that you are starting to realize I'll show up. A chameleon that hides behind my keboard. However if I say anything remotely close to what I type I'm disrespectful. Good try. So by me showing up and asking you why you're an arrogant, homer prick, I'm no longer an Internet tough guy, but I'm disrespectful. Whatever your story is. I hope you just walk away with your tail between your legs like the little man we all know you are. Heaven forbid you actually have to engage someone who calls you out on the bullshit and anger you spew.

This is going to be a bad week for you. All your assumptions about me will be laid to rest and you'll have to watch your precious team get dismantled by superior talent and coaching. Making you pay up is merely icing on your humble pie dinner.

I'm glad someone is finally calling out revefsreleets on his BS. He is the biggest fraud on the site

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 02:09 PM

This will be a fine week for me, regardless...when I show up, I'll get $50 from (cough cough) Steel Head which will cover all my expenses any way you shake it out, and if my Bucks lose a game, I'll pay up since that's pretty much what making a bet is all about.

As for tomorrow, this is about you, tough guy, not me...I can label your trash talk and bullshit any way I like it, in person or not, because, as has already been established over several years and three boards, I've never backed down or out of any kind of challenge, and have shown up and met several dozen people from these forums. Nobody even knows who the eff YOU are...

So, again, you can stop now...I'll be where I said I'd be tomorrow and you can say whatever you think you need to say right to my face....but I'm guessing you'll no-show and lie and say you were there...I have a contingency plan in case you try to pull that shit, too...regardless, I'll be there, on time, and will walk away with some proof of it....

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm glad someone is finally calling out revefsreleets on his BS. He is the biggest fraud on the site

You are practically retarded to make that bet...all I have to do is show up and you owe me $50. I'm 100% going to show up one way or the other tomorrow, since it IS right on my way home, I don't sweat CA at all, and it's basically just a stop 1/2 mile off my route home for a beer, but NOW you'll owe me $50.

Calling me a fraud is also laughable...I mean off the charts ridiculously stupid...

Here's one thing I can ABSOLUTELY guarantee...you WILL NOT pay up when I show tomorrow, and the real fraud(s) will be exposed...

In fact, now that I think about it, this will be a really NICE week for me. The very WORST that can happen is I show up, win $50 from Steel Head (which he won't pay) so I get to finally discredit that piece of garbage, meet CA for 3 minutes and maybe he DOES say something to my face, which doesn't matter anyway since I consider the source, and my Buckeyes DO lose and I have to pay $20 (which I'll do because it's the right and honorable thing to do), so what am I really out? $20 and once again proving that I'm a man of my word and no different in person than on here?

And that's the absolute WORST case scenario....

Steel Head
09-08-2009, 03:02 PM
does anyone even read revefs-loser's posts?

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-08-2009, 04:27 PM
The ND-Michigan game is gonna be big just because it hasnt been relevant in years and both teams think they are on the way back.

The OSU- USC is by far the biggest this week, but neither really looked that impressive to make me think its gonna live up to the hype.

Dino 6 Rings
09-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Well...I have no idea what CA and Revs are doing...but ok fella's lets not swing any punches...where the cops will see...anyway...

On my weekly sheet in my office pool...6 college 6 pro games, here are the college games I put on there this week that are interesting to me, and people are betting on: (edit, no spread, straight up pickems)

Clemson at Ga Tech
Iowa at Iowa State (Battle for the cy-hawk trophy)
North Carolina at Uconn
Notre Dame at Michigan
South Carolina at Georgia
USC at Ohio State

Also noticed that UCLA is Playing at Tennessee this weekend, thats a very interesting game.

revefsreleets
09-09-2009, 08:09 AM
does anyone even read revefs-loser's posts?

As of about 4:10PM today, you owe me $50...I KNOW from reading your incoherent babble on here that writing skills and, more importantly, reading comprehension are not your strong suits by any stretch of the imagination, but this one is pretty simple: In 7 hours, you owe me $50...

revefsreleets
09-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Well, big game in 34 hours...should be interesting to see these two teams when facing real competition for the first time. I trust my Bucks will rise to the occasion...also have to amend my earlier post...it will be more like 106,000 wild screaming Buckeye fans in the Shoe tomorrow night...

KeiselPower99
09-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Tomorrow is a great day for football. So many big games. OSU and USC is the biggest. I cant wait for the Iowa ISU game. That always plays out to be a good one. My Herd are at Virginia Tech. Im not looking forward to that one as I know its a loss for us.

sherlock
09-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Iowa v Iowa State is being shown here NOW!!
http://www.justin.tv/mineshaft

Dino 6 Rings
09-12-2009, 02:07 PM
None of the "pundits" are giving OSU a snowballs chance in hell. Everyone is predicting a USC route. Interesting.

revefsreleets
09-13-2009, 10:54 AM
And OSU could have won that game...I'm not going to fault the defense, because even though they gave up a long TD drive at the end, OSU's offense let them down by not chewing up enough time and keeping them rested and fresh, not scoring ONE more TD (22 points wins that game...), and mostly from Pryor trying to stand back there are and pass when he should have been running...

The better team won last night, but I lay the WHOLE thing at Pryor's feet...his passing game is not where it needs to be yet, and it hurt the Bucks immensely last night...

MACH1
09-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Boise stomped a mud hole in Ben's Alma Mater. 46-0

Steel Head
09-13-2009, 11:14 PM
I can't believe OSU lost, they should have won but choked it typical OSU big game fashion

revefsreleets
09-14-2009, 07:59 AM
I can't believe OSU lost, they should have won but choked it typical OSU big game fashion

Talk about a choke! What about your bet, you fraud? Why won't you answer my thread? You've been publicly called out and you are dodging me and ignoring me...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38809

You have a lot of nerve posting here after issuing a challenge, talking all kinds of weak shit, getting exposed as a fraud, and now as a liar, and still posting here like nothing happened.

You owe me $50...pay up!

Steel Head
09-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Talk about a choke! What about your bet, you fraud? Why won't you answer my thread? You've been publicly called out and you are dodging me and ignoring me...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=38809

You have a lot of nerve posting here after issuing a challenge, talking all kinds of weak shit, getting exposed as a fraud, and now as a liar, and still posting here like nothing happened.

You owe me $50...pay up!

LOL, I know i shouldn't have taken you off ignore to read this post

have you left your mom's basement since saturday night? boo hoo

revefsreleets
09-14-2009, 08:22 AM
LOL, I know i shouldn't have taken you off ignore to read this post

you are pathetic, get a life

So, it's official then...you are publicly welching on this bet.

What is it, $50 too rich for you? After you talked all that shit about me, and YOU don't have the money to back up your bullshit?

I HONORED my bet with CA...what about you, fraud. You liar...you owe me $50, and until you pay, I'm gonna make your already pathetic little life even more miserable, you tiny little loser of a nobody...

revefsreleets
09-18-2009, 12:54 PM
So, back on track...there are a few big games this week...Obviously the Miami/GT game (Although I'll readily admit I am not a fan of ACC football) was interesting, and Miami looks like they may be for real again.

Nebraska/VT is a good match-up.

Outside top 25 match-ups, obviously the "Soap Opera Bowl" of Florida versus Lane Kiffin should be interesting, although the game will most likely be a blowout...

Texas/Texas Tech may be something, but I don't think TT will be knocking many Big 12 opponents off this year...

On a selfish note, my Zips play, and are favored for the first time EVER, against a Big ten team at home, Indiana. The Hoosiers are no great shakes, but it's still a big deal for a mid-tier team to host a Big Ten opponent.

Steel Head
09-18-2009, 01:44 PM
upset special - Navy over Pitt

revefsreleets
09-19-2009, 07:28 AM
You have some nerve showing your face anywhere within 10 feet of my posts, Welch.

PAY YOUR BET LOSER!

hindes204
09-19-2009, 08:37 PM
upset special - Navy over Pitt

HAHAHA........not quite, Pitt wins 27-14...GO PITT!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Head
09-20-2009, 10:33 AM
HAHAHA........not quite, Pitt wins 27-14...GO PITT!!!!!!!!!!

lol, oh well. i guess they're not too bad this year

it's only a matter of time before Wannstadt blows it though, he's a born loser

revefsreleets
09-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Great prognostication...bad karma from a bet welcher...

revefsreleets
09-23-2009, 08:23 AM
On a sad note, my Zips lost their first ever Big Ten hosting event. The writing was on the wall, through...

After selling out the new stadium in the home opener, we had a VERY disappointing crowd of only about 19,000 (My guess is the Buckeyes playing in Cleveland stadium drew off a nice chunk of fans), but we had other problems prior to that. Our starting QB who was having a really nice season was suspended indefinitely before the game, so we had to start a sophomore who'd only taken about 20 snaps.

We gave up an opening kickoff TD, but settled in and were only down 17-14 at half, but the young guy threw FOUR picks in the second half and ALL resulted in extremely short fields to work with (and 21 points). I knew we were in trouble when we had a nice play putting us down at the Hoosiers 30, only to be called back for holding (spot foul) AND a personal foul (dead ball) that cost us literally about 50 yards.

21 points off TO's, and 7 off ST's breakdowns, and we lost 38-21.

Not a big game, but big game for us...next up, central Michigan who went in and BEAT Michigan State in East Lansing. Yikes!

revefsreleets
09-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Whew...it gets worse (not big game related, but...interesting in a Soap Opera kind of way)...

The QB who was suspended last week was dismissed form the team yesterday. BIG hit to the hopes of the program this year. But it gets worse still...our recruiting coordinator was placed on paid leave pending an investigation concerning NCAA recruiting violations, and we also suspended a DL for fighting.

NOT a good year to open a stadium! But we did have LeBron at the game, for whatever that's worth...

OK, back to big games...as far as top 25 match-ups, there's not much going on: Miami v VT is two borderline top 10 teams going at it...that's about it as far as marquee match-ups.

Big Ten-wise, PSU will destroy Iowa in a "revenge game" for killing the Lions undefeated effort last year, and I also expect OSU to whomp up on Illinois. NO conference team has given the Bucks more fits recently than the Ilini.

revefsreleets
10-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Actually a few really good match-ups this week. An extremely overrated LSU in at #4 v inconsistent #18 Georgia. I think the Bulldogs will hand the Tigers their first loss, especially since they are at home.

OK v Miami should be a decent match-up, but I noticed Bradford was sitting another week. Not sure about this game, as Oklahoma should have enough defense to shut down Miami, especially since Stoops addresses just that this week, but Miami is at home and will be looking for redemption after dropping that game to VT.

USC at Cal is the other match-up of top 25 teams, and on paper looks intriguing, but USC had it's perennial choke game, and should now run the table against a relatively weak Pac-10.

Why the hell did PSU drop so far? It's not like they lost to Iowa State, and Iowa is undefeated and ranked 13th. I think dropping ten spots in the polls is another slight to the Big Ten.

Carolina Steelers
10-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Notre Dame Washington Gm first off great gm But I feel like the Refs missed 2 calls there at the end. Irish had a 2pt conversion that the RB kept his legs moving but look like to me his knee was down right before he crossed the plane. Plus that last pass looked like helmet to helmet personal foul. Maybe its just me I hate the Irish hate to see them win

revefsreleets
10-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Oklahoma is DONE. USC will coats through the remainder of their schedule.

I hate to say it (and I can see the Bucks haters heads exploding already), but here is a VERY possible scenario playing out even this early.

USC is now ranked 6 and OSU ranked 8. Of the teams remaining ahead of them in the polls, VT has the easiest path to winning out, as the ACC is still failry weak. They have GT ahead of them as the last ranked team they face, and the rest of their schedule is very winnable (BC, NC, E. Carolina, Maryland, NC State and Virginia). I believe they'll choke at least once though.

Boise State, even if they win out, won't deserve to play for the NCG as their schedule is a joke (Oregon is their only significant win, and their SOS is EIGHTY-FORTH...sorry, Boise, no dice).

Florida still has a tough ride, and they may have to play LSU minus Tebow. I doubt they march through the SEC undefeated, and the later in the season they lose, the more it hurts.

LSU is horribly overrated. No way do they go undefeated...i actually have them losing two games.

Bama still has to play a full slate of tough SEC games plus possibly the Championship...same story as Florida here.

Texas has a shot, but they have played absolutely NO ONE so far. I think they'll drop a game along the way LEAVING...

OSU vs. USC in the Rose Bowl for the NCG.:thumbsup::laughing:

SteelCityMan786
10-04-2009, 06:18 PM
OSU vs. USC in the Rose Bowl for the NCG.:thumbsup::laughing:

It's too early to tell who is going to get to that game. Especially with College Football being upset city.

revefsreleets
10-04-2009, 07:57 PM
It's too early to tell who is going to get to that game. Especially with College Football being upset city.

Of course it is! I'm just stirrin' the ole pot up...

Boise cannot play in the NCG though...I'm sorry, they just don't play the schedule for it. So ANY one loss team has a legit chance...PSU is still in the running too, but they need to win out and some help.

Dino 6 Rings
10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
This week games to watch

Nebraska at Missouri

Michigan at Iowa (I love Iowa's uniforms)

Georgia at Tennessee (big game for Tenn)

BC at Va Tech (These games have been awesome to watch the last couple seasons)

Wisky at OSU (not sure Wisky can pull it out but we'll see)

Florida at LSU (Teebow going to survive this game?)

revefsreleets
10-07-2009, 01:55 PM
The last two are of real interest to me...

A) Wiscy is undefeated (although they've played exactly nobody, and is reflected in their not being ranked despite their record). However, OSU will destroy them because it's a home game and Big East Cinci jumped them in the rankings for pretty much no reason at all, since Cincinnati has also played nobody, and the Buckeyes will continue playing with a giant chip on their shoulder.
B) Florida may be without Tebow, so this game will have even MORE ramifications for the NCG picture since LSU is overrated and probably can't beat the Gators WITH Tebow playing (and may not even be able to beat them without him), but a Gator loss looms huge because they may not lose again, and I think LSU will.