PDA

View Full Version : Did you just see that?????

JackHammer
09-04-2009, 01:26 AM
Dude from Oregon just punched a guy from Boise and had to be dragged out by to Police. Damn, looks like he about knocked the guy out too. What a jackass. I hope they suspend his ass for the rest of the year.

Edit: And it was a sucker punch. What a punk.

SteelersinCA
09-04-2009, 03:23 AM
That was crazy! That guy should never be allowed to play college sports again. I don't care how upset you get it you can't control your emotions you have no business being that privileged. Hell, I might go so far as to say he should be expelled.

Vis
09-04-2009, 08:14 AM
I bet he's back before the end of the season.

KeiselPower99
09-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Suspend him for the season. If it was me as coach I would damn near kick him off the team.

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm so pissed I turned the game off, when did that go down!

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Here's the link for the Youtube Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d3K4Gneyj8

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 09:40 AM
I see a very short-lived tenure as a Ratbird or Bengal in this thugs future...

Steel Head
09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
that was some B.S.

klick81
09-04-2009, 10:52 AM
That was a p-ssy move by Blount. Having said that, the Boise State player doesn't look like he didn't deserve a good lickin' :noidea:

NEPAsteeler
09-04-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't care what the Boise State player said to him, that was just totally uncalled for. Then to try to attack the fans like that afterwards? What a loser. As a football player playing in a game where the two teams dislike each other you have to expect to get heckled like that. You just have to ignore it.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
09-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I see a very short-lived tenure as a Ratbird or Bengal in this thugs future...

Dangit Rev.

Beat me to it. :chuckle:

But that's unclassy as hell. Funny I was thinking the Browns should take a shot at drafting him before this incident. NOW? I hope he stays as far away from Cleveland as possible.

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm sure Marv Lewis is already scouting the kid...he's got Bengals written all over him...

hindes204
09-04-2009, 12:35 PM
What a piece of sh!t....after he hit him, he hit one of his own teamates, and then went after the fans. no exuse for that. It pisses me off that people with talent are givin the elite chance to play at this level, and they go and act like idiots....i hope hes gone for the season

revefsreleets
09-05-2009, 07:17 AM
He's gone for the season but the coach is going to keep him on the team and in school, which may turn out to be good for the kid. He HAS to practice, but no games...

I saw some draft analysis that had him as the projected #2 RB for 2010, so he's definitely no slouch....BUT, with RB trouble brewing in Cinci, the joke prediction about being Bengal material MAY become reality.

Aussie_steeler
09-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Dont condone what he did for a minute. However I would like to hear what was said to provoke him. The year suspension is set in concrete. Boise State have indicated that they wil discipline their player for the instigation of the incident.

This kid has certainly cost himself a lot of money. He was projecting fairly well for the 2010 draft

pittsburghp8baller
09-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Dont condone what he did for a minute. However I would like to hear what was said to provoke him. The year suspension is set in concrete. Boise State have indicated that they wil discipline their player for the instigation of the incident.

This kid has certainly cost himself a lot of money. He was projecting fairly well for the 2010 draft

I heard the kid from boise might get one game, but he would be suspended by the team. If you watch it again, you can see the Boise coach start to grab the player right before Blount punched him.

The Boise guy shouldnt of provoked him, but Blount Definately SHOULD NOT of punched him. He deserves the full year and should be very thankful that he is allowed to keep his scholarship and finish school.

I found it funny that as Blount was leaving the field and the fans started to heckle him and he went after them, some of the fans took off running and some of the bigger fans had to step in front of Blount to keep from them.

Steel Head
09-05-2009, 06:28 PM
looked like a "hate crime" to me

:wink02:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-06-2009, 01:09 AM
That was complete bull.

Blount was talking trash ALL WEEK leading up to this game. Then his team came out and freaking blew. They got manhandled by Boise State.

While the Boise State player needs to learn to win with class, Blount should have NEVER EVER thrown the punch.

I understand that football is an emotional and violent sport. But that was totally uncalled for and if I were a higher up at Oregon he wouldn't be a member of the football team at all and his scholarship would be taken away.

He just went from a possible first round draft pick to if he's lucky a late second-early third rounder.

Nadroj 20
09-06-2009, 09:53 AM
I heard the boise player said something along the lines of Blount having a bad game and not getting many yards but im not completely sure....i do not agree with his actions at all but i know for sure the boise player is not innocent and should be punished as well.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I heard the boise player said something along the lines of Blount having a bad game and not getting many yards but im not completely sure....i do not agree with his actions at all but i know for sure the boise player is not innocent and should be punished as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Boise player told Blount the next time he decides to talk a weeks worth of trash, maybe he should back it up on the field.

Blount talked trash ALL WEEK and then him and his team couldn't back it up. I bet the Boise player was just pointing that out to him.

While the Boise player isn't innocent, he didn't deserve to be punched. And he doesn't deserve a suspension either, IMHO.

SteelCityMan786
09-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Here's the link for the Youtube Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d3K4Gneyj8

Good Job by the coach suspending him. No reason for him to stay.

revefsreleets
09-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I heard it was simple trash talk (which I don't condone either, but it is what it is) and he followed it up by saying his team backed it up on the field, and the thugs response was to punch him, then his own teammate, then, as if that wasn't enough, to go after the fans.

I may have been wrong about this kid...he may actually NOT be Bengal material and may, in fact, "graduate" to the hard core felon level of the Ratbirds...

Aussie_steeler
09-07-2009, 06:02 AM
That was complete bull.

Blount was talking trash ALL WEEK leading up to this game. Then his team came out and freaking blew. They got manhandled by Boise State.

While the Boise State player needs to learn to win with class, Blount should have NEVER EVER thrown the punch.

I understand that football is an emotional and violent sport. But that was totally uncalled for and if I were a higher up at Oregon he wouldn't be a member of the football team at all and his scholarship would be taken away.

He just went from a possible first round draft pick to if he's lucky a late second-early third rounder.

Thanks for the info. Blount looks like he may in fact now be untouchable in the draft.

Agreed - the punch should never have been thrown (under any ciurcumstances)