PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Steelers

patsdynasty
01-17-2006, 05:36 AM
Congratulations on advancing to the AFC Title game. As a Patriots fan and an avid Colts/ Peyton Manning hater it was great to see the Colts go down.

Maybe now people will put a lid on the "unstoppable Colts offense" BS. The Patriots proved it. The Chargers proved it. And and now the Steelers have reinforced it. The Colts are just another soft, no defense lightweight. Pressure Manning and you beat the Colts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from the Steelers. You still have to have the right personel to execute the game plan. Very impressive gutsy win to not only beat the Colts but overcome what might be the worst call in the history of the NFL.

All I can say is thank God for Big Ben. If he hadn't made that tackle on the Bettis fumble the Colts would have had a free pass to the Superbowl Everybody knows they own the Broncos.

As far as the Broncos are concerned, I wouldn't be too worried about them. I don't know how many of you watched the game against the Pats. But the Pats dominated their offense for most of the game. If it weren't for turnovers and bad officiating the Pats would have won handily. Not whining or making excuses. Just stating the facts. Denver really didn't impress me.

Furthermore, Denver is ranked in the bottom of the league in pass defense. Some people claim this is because they usaully jump out to a lead and the other team HAS to pass to get back into the game. This argument makes no sense to me. If they know the other team is passing, and they still can't stop it, doesn't that mean they suck even worse? Just my theory

I say go over the top to Hines Ward early and grab a quick lead. Keep Big Ben clean. And focus on stopping the run and putting pressure on Jake the Fake. Do these things and the Steelers win by two TDs or more

As far as the Steelers are concerned, I'm a little torn. On one hand I'd like to see Bettis get a ring. On the other hand, I'm not really that crazy about the Steelers. This started after the NE playoff win a few years ago. Kordell Stewart made the comment, "The best team doesn't always win." WTF is this guy smoking? How many times do we have to beat him before he realizes we are better? Even if he believed it, it was a classless comment.

The complete and utter disrespect of the Pats the same year. Superbowl reservations? Before the AFC Championship? Talk about a slap in the face!

Lastly, just last year. Hines Ward. After the Patriots dominated the Steelers in the AFC Championship Hines Ward said "They were better than us" Thank you. Very classy. You took it like a man. I'm impressed. Then he added "today." Jesus! Is there something in the drinking water? Why can't this team just admit that it got beat?

I respected Hines Ward before this comment. Was that out of charecter for him? He really doesn't seem like that type of guy.

So, like I said I'm torn. I'll definitely root for Pitt in the AFC. It's going to be difficult to root for anybody in the Superbowl. I'm not crazy about Steve Smith or Shaun Alexander.

clevestinks
01-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Thank You!
And don`t discredit the entire Steelers franchise, ove something a worthless QB, Kordell said.

melroseplace
01-17-2006, 06:10 PM
On the other hand, I'm not really that crazy about the Steelers. This started after the NE playoff win a few years ago. Kordell Stewart made the comment, "The best team doesn't always win." WTF is this guy smoking? How many times do we have to beat him before he realizes we are better? Even if he believed it, it was a classless comment.
you're basing your opinion of the Steelers on a Kordell Stewart comment :dang:

After the Patriots dominated the Steelers in the AFC Championship Hines Ward said "They were better than us" Thank you. Very classy. You took it like a man. I'm impressed. Then he added "today." Jesus! Is there something in the drinking water? Why can't this team just admit that it got beat?
I don't see anything wrong with that? just my opinion. maybe the Steelers didn't play up to their potential during that game, the Patriots did, therefore the Pats were better than them. I could be totally biased in my opinion, just sharing what I think.

patsdynasty
01-17-2006, 08:53 PM
As far as Kordell Stewart goes, I don't really think it was just one guy. The Steelers were making Superbowl reservations before the game so I'm sure he wasn't the only one that felt that way.

But your point is well taken. Kordell was the only one dumb enough to say it. After every tough loss players are given the opportunity to say something stupid. 99% of them take the high road.

I guess I'm just sick of the lack of respect for the Pats. You guys are facing it now with the Steelers. There's a contingent of national tv/newspaper guys that annoint the SB Champ before the season starts and refuse to give respect to anybody else no matter what happens.

If the Steelers do win the Superbowl, there will be a group of dumbasses that will pretend it never happened. They will pick the Bengals to win the division and the Colts to win the Superbowl.

I guess the only way to get respect is to be a choke artist like Manning. Throw your teammates under the bus and be a giant bag of whine.

Thanks for making me feel better about rooting for the Steelers.

LambertIsGod58
01-17-2006, 09:02 PM
I agree somewhat with you Pats...people saying that NE's run is over. I think that the last part of the season that had it goin' on. You have the best Coach in the league and one of the best Qb's. Solid D next year being healthy. Anyone thinking that the Pats won't be a top contender next year simply don't know anything about football. As much as I hate what they've done to us in the past, note: I don't hate NE, I was glad to see them come back when everyone had counted them out this year.

redsahx
01-17-2006, 10:13 PM
AS another Pats fan, I just want to say that I will be rooting for you guys. Great football city. Great fans. Also my buddy's wife is a HUGE Steelers fan, and we have celebrated an AFC Championship twice in the past 5 years at her expense, so it is definetly your turn.

Also I second what was said about the Broncos. We outplayed them big time on Saturday Night, but made too many stupid mistakes. We shut down their offense, but Bailey made the big play.

TexaSteeler
01-17-2006, 10:23 PM
I guess I'm just sick of the lack of respect for the Pats. You guys are facing it now with the Steelers. There's a contingent of national tv/newspaper guys that annoint the SB Champ before the season starts and refuse to give respect to anybody else no matter what happens.

There is no lack of respect for the Pats. It ended after the second Super Bowl win. Everyone knew and said that the third one was likely the Pats' for the taking, and they did. They even got more respect than they deserved this year by people still feeling they might do it again, even with a banged up team. They are the ONLY team that has virtually EVERYONE's respect.

I'm a little puzzled at you.

Stlrs4Life
01-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Thanks Dynasty, hope you're right. Either way it is going to be a tough game. Only thing is, do the Steelers have enough after an emotional win over the Colts?

patsdynasty
01-17-2006, 10:30 PM
The Pats will be fine. Rumor has it that the Pats defense started to come together after Belichick took a bigger role in the play calling. Sure having Seymour back helped. But the D coordinator who struggled for most of the year is now the Jets head coach.

Regardless of what happens in the playoffs. The Steelers, Patriots, Bengals and Colts should all be strong next year. Getting Staley back should help you guys and Big Ben will have another year of experience under his belt. Whatever happened to Tommy Maddox?

I haven't been this depressed since the Steelers knocked us out 7-6 a few years ago on Stewart's huge TD run. No doubt in my mind we were gonna win it with the final drive. Until Bledsoe got blindsided by two Steelers and fumbled. Ironically, one of them was Mike Vrabel. Or the 96 Superbowl.

If there is a silver lining in the Broncos loss it's that the next Superbowl win will be that much sweeter. I can't wait until next season. But for now, I'm a Steelers fan.