Vis
09-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Per Wexell. Don't know if it's true

Vis
09-04-2009, 03:41 PM
This was a tweet

BlastFurnace
09-04-2009, 03:43 PM
I wonder if they are trying to work out a trade for someone like a Frank Summers? If they are dead set on keeping Davis around, it only makes sense to try to trade someone like Summers to get something for him.

OneForTheToe
09-04-2009, 03:47 PM
That's interesting if true. It leads me to believe that either someone in the FO got nervous about releasing the names early, or they are waiting for medical reports on McHugh, Davis and possibly others.

BlastFurnace
09-04-2009, 03:50 PM
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/redman-among-the-steelers-cuts/16573/

According to this site, five guys have been cut....one of them is Redman. I hope it's not him.

jasonhightower
09-04-2009, 03:51 PM

According to this site, five guys have been cut....one of them is Redman. I hope it's not him.

Could Redman be a practice squad candidate?

Steel Head
09-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Could Redman be a practice squad candidate?

yes, of course

Neil-Still-Rules-14
09-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Updated: 3:50 p.m. - Carey Davis, Bruce Davis, and Anthony Madison have also been cut.

WHAT?

SteelTalons
09-04-2009, 03:54 PM

It has been updated, 3:50pm...

CAREY DAVIS HAS BEEN CUT!!!

Steel Head
09-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Updated: 3:50 p.m. - Carey Davis, Bruce Davis, and Anthony Madison have also been cut.

WHAT?

those 3 makes sense

Redman is the surprise

Vis
09-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Wexell comes thru again..HA

Steel Head
09-04-2009, 03:55 PM
It has been updated, 3:50pm...

CAREY DAVIS HAS BEEN CUT!!!

I guess the coaches didn't review Preacher's "analysis"

:flap:

:chuckle:

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Somebody won a bet.....

SteelTalons
09-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I guess the coaches didn't review Preacher's "analysis"

:flap:

:chuckle:

I'll be honest with you, I don't think Davis was as bad as we have made him appear to be. But with a guy like Frank Summers on the roster, and them being comparable in ability at this point.

Its a understandable move. As Tomlin has said before, he likes to keep guys you are still rising, and Davis has more or less topped out, with all due respect to Davis.

Steel Head
09-04-2009, 03:59 PM
I'll be honest with you, I don't think Davis was as bad as we have made him appear to be. But with a guy like Frank Summers on the roster, and them being comparable in ability at this point.

Its a understandable move. As Tomlin has said before, he likes to keep guys you are still rising, and Davis has more or less topped out, with all due respect to Davis.

plus Davis is hurt anyways

they never said how bad his injury was

anyone got a link to the final roster?

JackHammer
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09247/995619-66.stm

OneForTheToe
those 3 makes sense

Redman is the surprise

I guess they didn't trust him at full back. Or maybe they didn't like his conditioning. Still, that run last night pretty much convinces me that he will be picked up by somebody else before we get him on the PS. Oh well, a lot of those guys come back to us.

This could mean just Parker. Mendy, Moore and Tank as running backs, with Tank doubling as a fullback. Could be the spot was given either to a fourth TE or to Logan.

OneForTheToe
09-04-2009, 04:02 PM
think somebody was trying to put one over on Wexell.

come on I have a scoop for you."

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I find the Carey Davis cut interesting....

I was never a Carey Davis hater at all, but I definitely think we could do better at FB. I thank the guy for being here the last few years and being part of the team, but it is time for him to move on.

What I am curious about, is who is going to replace him at FB? As much as I was hyped about Frank Summers since about January, he doesn't look quite ready this year. Is rookie TE David Johnson going to be stepping into the FB role? He has had a strong camp as far as blocking, that's for sure.

Sharkissle29
09-04-2009, 04:04 PM
bums me out about madison, he is a ST's stud

OneForTheToe
09-04-2009, 04:05 PM

I was never a Carey Davis hater at all, but I definitely think we could do better at FB. I thank the guy for being here the last few years and being part of the team, but it is time for him to move on.

What I am curious about, is who is going to replace him at FB? As much as I was hyped about Frank Summers since about January, he doesn't look quite ready this year. Is rookie TE David Johnson going to be stepping into the FB role? He has had a strong camp as far as blocking, that's for sure.

When (if) McHugh is healthy it is probably his job. Until then it will probably be any combination of Johnson and/or Summers and in a pinch maybe even Heath in short yardage.

aries4972
09-04-2009, 04:07 PM
those 3 makes sense

Redman is the surprise

Shouldn't be .....Redman although a good tough runner he can't play special teams.

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

wootawnee
09-04-2009, 05:59 PM

I agree......I mean this is the home of smashmouth football....You remember that bit on monday night in 07 when we crushed the raven's?.........You gotta be smashmouth with skills first and foremost......Some polished cerebral tecnique can be established later(ala Jimmy Harrison)..........Carey was not that smashmouth, which we are......He was on kickoff coverage though, which will be missed.........He will fit in nicely in another scheme......Just not the Pittsburgh Steelers.........Good luck CD and cherish that big bling you got on your finger.....Cause it was fun bro.....Peace......

Preacher
09-04-2009, 06:11 PM

That is the very question I have been asking, which makes me think that there is a surprise on the roster.

wootawnee
09-04-2009, 06:18 PM

Carey will get picked up........He missed alot of blocks last year that a Krieder would have crushed.........Tank just needs to play with the guys and his coffidence will build and he will crush dudes......Once he knows the playbook like his bed, he will also know the tendencies of the defensive players flowing to the ball ,where and when they will be, so optimal possitioning on the field will be attained for maximu blocking efficiency..........There is probably a learning curve formula in some techy geek's notebook for this measurement of the actual development of rookie blockers.......They might have it labeled as.....RBPRTD.......Ad it would stand for.........

R Rookie
B Blocking &
P Positioning
R Reaction-
T Time
D Development

:funny: