PDA

View Full Version : Isaac Cut?

Bigsteve332310
09-04-2009, 02:49 PM
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/redman-among-the-steelers-cuts/16573/
Steelers insider Mike Bires has learned, center A.Q.Shipley, Running backs Isaac Redman, Justin vincent, takle Jason Capizzi and nose tackle Scott Paxon are among the Steelers cuts.

Galax Steeler
09-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Wow if that is true then I can't believe that Redman was cut I thought he stood a pretty good chance of making the team after lastnight.

Steel Head
09-04-2009, 02:52 PM
i guess we'll put him on our practice squad but i figure he will be picked up at some point by another team

wyn50
09-04-2009, 02:59 PM
He did not do enough on special teams.

Rek
09-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Even if you don't need his talent, you DO NOT allow a back of that talent go because of risk of being picked up by a team in the AFC North.

Bluedust
09-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Even if you don't need his talent, you DO NOT allow a back of that talent go because of risk of being picked up by a team in the AFC North.

Depends on who would have went if Redman didn't.

I trust Tomlin and the coaching staff, and I think we all should.

Vis
09-04-2009, 03:39 PM

You can't play "keep away" with a limited roster. You have to pick the best 53.

OneForTheToe
09-04-2009, 03:48 PM
You can't play "keep away" with a limited roster. You have to pick the best 53.

What he said is what I would have said had I decided to say it.

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Cleveland Brown as soon as they can sign him...

Kvnfaber
09-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah he could at least be the #2 guy in Cleveland.

Fire Haley
09-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Steelers | Seven released from team
Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:02:55 -0700

Ed Bouchette and Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers RB Carey Davis, RB Isaac Redman, LB Bruce Davis, CB Anthony Madison, C A.Q. Shipley, DE Ra'Shon Harris and DT Scott Paxson have been released from the team.

SteelTalons
09-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Cleveland Brown as soon as they can sign him...

Now that almost makes me feel sorry for the guy, and wish we had just found him a spot. Nobody should have to suffer that fate.

Thats just down right cruel IMO.... :chuckle:

steeltheone
09-04-2009, 04:06 PM
We have to keep that number one pick RB who has shown less than Redman...

revefsreleets
09-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Browns current RB depth chart: Lewis, Harrison, Noah Herron, James Davis.

I'd argue that Redman is a better RB ALREADY than 2 of those 4...

steelreserve
09-04-2009, 04:16 PM
I was surprised more by Harris. That guy, I thought had a great chance to make the team. I wonder if we'll get him on the PS or someone snags him.

Gnutella
09-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Weren't we all discussing how we'd have to make several painful cuts due to all the talent on the team?

MasterOfPuppets
09-04-2009, 04:42 PM
HEY LAKELANDER .....:flipoff: ...looks like redmans "suddenness and glide", made him suddenly glide right off the roster....:toofunny: .... maybe you might wanna get that "eye for talent", checked...:rofl:

Spidey
09-04-2009, 04:52 PM
What a mistake a to make a!!

Needed to get this guy on roster.

I can't believe someone won't snap him up!

:doh:

onefortheotherhand
09-04-2009, 04:53 PM
HEY LAKELANDER .....:flipoff: ...looks like redmans "suddenness and glide", made him suddenly glide right off the roster....:toofunny: .... maybe you might wanna get that "eye for talent", checked...:rofl:

haaaaaahahahha :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

TruckedBy86
09-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Yeah he could at least be the #2 guy in Cleveland.

I don't know....James Davis is looking like quite the sleeper for the Browns.

srk173
09-04-2009, 06:53 PM
I'd Rather keep Logan every day of the week over Redman. rb are a dime a dozen. returners are rare as we havent had one since randle el and he only returned punts.

Preacher
09-04-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd Rather keep Logan every day of the week over Redman. rb are a dime a dozen. returners are rare as we havent had one since randle el and he only returned punts.

Yep.

Actually, I think he is much more exciting that ARE.

Seriously, he is a threat to break one any time, EVERY time.

theplatypus
09-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Yep.

Actually, I think he is much more exciting that ARE.

Seriously, he is a threat to break one any time, EVERY time.

I hope Arians finds a way to get the ball in his hands a few times a game. If nothing else it will keep opposing defenses honest.

steeltheone
09-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I don't know....James Davis is looking like quite the sleeper for the Browns.

Yes, i have heard the same

Kvnfaber
09-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Yes, i have heard the same

But remember, he was drafted by the Browns, so he is due to be injured or to fall off the charts as an underacheiver.

HometownGal
09-04-2009, 07:53 PM
i guess we'll put him on our practice squad but i figure he will be picked up at some point by another team

Whiz is salivating over the Steelers cutting Redman. Out of those given the heave ho thus far, I think this shocks me the most.

spyboots
09-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Whiz is salivating over the Steelers cutting Redman. Out of those given the heave ho thus far, I think this shocks me the most.

Whis is probably salivating over MOST of our cuts, as usual.

silverbackattack
09-04-2009, 10:45 PM
I don't believe any of it. Logan and Redman were the two "best" offensive players of the entire pre-season. Is it me, or, does Redman not put you in the mind of a certain "36".

Cut Mendenhall (spelling) I don't really care.

KeiselPower99
09-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Honestly Redman reminded me of another UDFA we had here. Dante Brown outta Memphis back in 2003. I would much rather have a guy like Logan then Redman.

mmalone
09-04-2009, 11:11 PM
I don't believe any of it. Logan and Redman were the two "best" offensive players of the entire pre-season. Is it me, or, does Redman not put you in the mind of a certain "36".

Cut Mendenhall (spelling) I don't really care.

maybe the steelers did this quick to see what kind of attention redmans gets from the other teams..

it is not official until saturday right?? maybe redman is the last man brought back late on saturday..

anything is possible... if logan took redmans spot, then is there an extra #6 receiver coming?

ward
wallace
sweed
holmes
mcdonald

and ??

maybe logan is listed as a #6 WR and then redman is the last RB

and they find another player to cut to keep redman and logan... at the end of the day??

tony hipchest
09-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Browns current RB depth chart: Lewis, Harrison, Noah Herron, James Davis.

I'd argue that Redman is a better RB ALREADY than 2 of those 4...while i definitely agree... theres a new regime in browntown.

im thinking mangina has an uber hard-on for anybody the patriots may cut.

(or even worse, they may trade next years 2nd round pick *essentially a 1st- see denver* for laurence maroney).

Steely McSmash
09-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Depends on who would have went if Redman didn't.

I trust Tomlin and the coaching staff, and I think we all should.

worst comeback ever

Steely McSmash
09-05-2009, 02:55 AM
He would have never seen the field this season anyway

Leave Mendenhall inactive to get him on the field. He doesn't do anything the other backs can't do.

Kindjunior
09-05-2009, 07:55 AM
His initials are IR, that cant be good.

steeltheone
09-05-2009, 12:06 PM
If Mendenhall was an FA pickup he would have been cut!

7/39/43
09-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Frank the Tank didn't impress me at all .
Redman did everything that he was asked to.
tank might be bigger but Redman has the heart!

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-05-2009, 02:44 PM

I liked Redman...but remember...someone opened those holes for him.:noidea:

Preacher
09-05-2009, 02:47 PM
If Mendenhall was an FA pickup he would have been cut!

If Mendy was as FA, he would been playing against the same defenses that Redman played against and ran over everyone.

You simply can't compare first/second team defenses with third/scrub team defenses.

And I don't care who we had in as a line. third/scrub defenses are not fast enough, strong enough, or able to keep up with first string players. that is WHY they are third string and scrub players.

A player has to SHINE continually in those positions to move up. Like William Gay did when he came in.

mmalone
09-05-2009, 02:49 PM

http://www.sunflaremarketing.com/images/summers.gif[

mmalone
09-05-2009, 02:54 PM
i just noticed did summers steal jeromes arms........

my two picks almost look like its twin arms... ironic...

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Now I am intriqued....can someone look and tell me who was the lead blocker for Redmans 2 TD's during the first preseason game...AND who was the lead blocker for his TD in the last preseason game??? Please???

I am at work and can't access that information.

The reason I am interested is that I know that Summers was the FB for training camp when Summers caught our attention....just wondering if we were focused on the wrong player the whole time....I mean, it seems that Redmans best two pre-season games happen to be the same games that Summers was playing and not sidelined with the hammy issue?

Just wondering.:noidea:

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Now I am intriqued....can someone look and tell me who was the lead blocker for Redmans 2 TD's during the first preseason game...AND who was the lead blocker for his TD in the last preseason game??? Please???

I am at work and can't access that information.

The reason I am interested is that I know that Summers was the FB for training camp when Summers caught our attention....just wondering if we were focused on the wrong player the whole time....I mean, it seems that Redmans best two pre-season games happen to be the same games that Summers was playing and not sidelined with the hammy issue?

Just wondering.:noidea:

Both the TDs Redman scored against Arizona (the ones he is most popular for) had Frank Summers as a lead blocker.

I have heard some people say Summers looks lost at FB, but they must not have been watching the same game-- in those 2 TDs, on one, Summers pressed the defense to the inside and Redman went off-right tackle for the TD, and the other one, Summers straight-up erased the left defensive end, opening a big hole for Redman....

I would have liked for the Steelers to have been able to keep both, but, I think they kept Frank Summers for his perceived potential (Kirby Wilson is high on Summers), which flies in the face of Tomlin's usual mantra of performance, not potential being the determining factor of who makes the final 53....

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Both the TDs Redman scored against Arizona (the ones he is most popular for) had Frank Summers as a lead blocker.

I have heard some people say Summers looks lost at FB, but they must not have been watching the same game-- in those 2 TDs, on one, Summers pressed the defense to the inside and Redman went off-right tackle for the TD, and the other one, Summers straight-up erased the left defensive end, opening a big hole for Redman....

I would have liked for the Steelers to have been able to keep both, but, I think they kept Frank Summers for his perceived potential (Kirby Wilson is high on Summers), which flies in the face of Tomlin's usual mantra of performance, not potential being the determining factor of who makes the final 53....

Appreciated....thank you. That gives us all food for thought.

Preacher
09-05-2009, 04:23 PM

I hope that is true... I know there was a few times when he did look lost out there. That last game when he was playing with the first string (or was it the early backups) he completely missed his block...taking the wrong guy. That is speed of the game stuff... having to make decisions earlier and faster than what has been the norm. Same thing Sweed was going through last year.

I have high hopes for this kid.. just don't expect anything out of him this year.

Surprise me please Tank!! Surprise me!

Steelers & I
09-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Nice cut, how many RB's do some of you think that the Steelers needed? Parker, Mendenhall, Moore, they sure as hell didn't need a 4th RB hanging around. GD, he wasn't that damn impressive. :noidea:

AllD
09-05-2009, 05:20 PM
The Cards, Pats, or Brownies will pick him up. Doubt he clears waivers.

7/39/43
09-06-2009, 07:59 AM
I liked Redman...but remember...someone opened those holes for him.:noidea:

What little play we did see from the TANK . Ole Edmund Nelson kept saying that Tank has to pick up them blockers which I did see quite a few that he missed which would of produced more yards!

akabbbb
09-06-2009, 09:38 AM
I think Frank Summers has a roster spot due to his flexibility and upside potential. He can play fullback, fill in as the 4th rb & play special teams. It also helps that he likes to hit people. Sure he may miss some blocks as a first year fullback, but he obviously has potential or he would be gone.

revefsreleets
09-06-2009, 01:02 PM
The Browns made cuts that only left them with 52 players...so they have room for one more, and Jamal Lewis is old and slow...