PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hotel downtown

VASteelerGuy
09-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Fans,

I'm coming into town on R&R and watching the game with my wife and best friend on 10 Sep. I booked a hotel in Monroeville but would love to get downtown within walking distance of the stadium. This is a first game for my friend and my first in two years since deploying. If any over booked a room I would be extremely grateful if you would be willing to transfer one to me.

I'm not a troll and you can find my account on the steelers message board as well with thousands of posts.

V/r Rick

7willBheaven
09-04-2009, 08:31 PM
The Sheraton in Station Square wouldnt be bad...its a little longer walk, or you can ride the boats over and back!

The Lakelander
09-04-2009, 08:47 PM
If you want to spoil the wife, take her to the Omni William Penn. That place is very classy and the rooms are comfortable. It's pricey but your wife will feel like she's being spoiled.

lambertlunaticfan
09-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi there-If you are looking for the closest hotel that is easy to walk from to the stadium.That would be the hilton.I have stayed there and it is spendy but nice.I stayed there in 1999 for a falcons/steelers monday night game and some old steelers and the falcons were also staying there.It was a nice driect walk then,its a little more longer now with the way they revamped the aera but still the closest hotel.but if you want a great hotel,the doubletree is really nice.It used to be the ramada.And they have the best doorman tony there.When we used to be able to afford to go on the trips me and my mo stayed there and just loved it.Its located on the other side of the stadium downtown but they offer a free shuttle that drops you off at the hilton on game day.It is located by the igloo where the penguins played.By the way,jealous,i wish i could go to the game.Man i miss pittsburgh.:tt:

jaygorius
09-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Sorry to bump this, but I have a similar question. Does anyone know of an affordable hotel that is close? I understand if it is in walking distance it will probably be too pricey for me, but does anyone know of a hotel that will provide shuttle service to either station square or somewhere within walking distance?

A number of years ago I stayed at the Holiday Inn in greentree and they provided a shuttle to station square. It seems like that hotel might not even be there anymore, however.

7willBheaven
09-25-2009, 12:19 PM
As far as cheaper hotels...your going to probably have to go in the greentree, robinson or monroeville area. Your best bet may be to just go to like hotels.com or hotwire.com or one of those type of sites and search for hotels...find a couple you like and call and see if they have shuttle services, or if one of the Pittsburgh transit buses has a stop nearby that may take you to SS or the stadium or something. Thats what i will usually do...do a little research myself...and find a couple possibilities....then maybe see if anyone has any recommendations of those couple you chose...and go from there! :-)

stlrtruck
09-25-2009, 01:16 PM
There's the hotel at the Convention Center which is not a bad walk at all (unless it's raining) and then there is also one right around the corner from that but I don't remember the name of it (I believe it's the Weston by Marriott - but not sure.

Try Hotels.com and they'll give you some good locations.

MNIKEH
09-25-2009, 03:12 PM
I stay at the bestwestern parkway inn. Its only about 2 miles from downtown and they drop you off at heinz field.

Carolina Steelers
09-25-2009, 03:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott West Mifflin. The shuttle left around 10:30 for a 1pm gm. It was less than 30 mins to get there. Heres the address and phone #

1000 Regis Ave
Pittsburgh PA 15236
(412) 653-9800
The hotel was less the $100 I think it was one of the cheapest in that area but it was a very nice and clean hotel with free breakfast and internet. Have Fun hope this helps