PDA

View Full Version : Will Logan actually hurt our defense?

Preacher
09-04-2009, 08:19 PM
By returning the ball so far everytime... he gives our offense just a little field to work with. More over, he may take it all the way. So either way, our defense is on the field more.

Maybe we should have cut Logan?

(:buttkick: to anyone who takes this seriously-- this may be one of those where my sense of humor just doesn't carry over the internet.. if so, I apologize in advance mods!)

tony hipchest
09-04-2009, 08:24 PM
spulveda + logan = bottom 10 defense.

( i just wached willie reid take a punt for the cowboys for 0 yards- shoulda kept him) :chuckle:

Fire Haley
09-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Preacher been down at the shamans cave smoking that opium pipe again.

I warned him about them visions.

cheezheadsteeler
09-04-2009, 08:38 PM
After Logan runs for a TD, we can put him on the kickoff coverage team. He is so fast, he can run down and catch Jeff Reeds kick. Then the defense will never get on the field.

wootawnee
09-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I love those caves......They are good shelter from the ogottabetonotical beam lidonseestry rays......Plus the shamens are way cool.......

One day I was in one caves, and I had a vision show me to not worry about those stats...Just get the titles.......They are more fun........

http://homedir-c.libsyn.com/podcasts/855ebaa88a9d1c7c824891ab9397f623/4aa1b5f4/skribe/images/BeachCave_300

http://boundless.uoregon.edu/percent/image/1498.jpg

Preacher
09-04-2009, 08:42 PM

( i just wached willie reid take a punt for the cowboys for 0 yards- shoulda kept him) :chuckle:

:chuckle:

Didn't know Willie Reid was with the Cowgirls.

Fire Haley
09-04-2009, 08:49 PM
I love those caves......They are good shelter from the ogottabetonotical beam lidonseestry rays......Plus the shamens are way cool.......

One day I was in one caves, and I had a vision show me to not worry about those stats...Just get the titles.......They are more fun........

I wish I had glaucoma, I need me an extra 10% disabilty for the medicinal weed.

HometownGal
09-04-2009, 08:50 PM

Hell - that will be kewl. Bottom 10 defense to go right along with our #22 ranked offense. :chuckle:

SteelTalons
09-04-2009, 08:57 PM
I see steelpit hasn't been around since he made his first post, which has since turned into a running joke... :chuckle:

Psyychoward86
09-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Preacher been down at the shamans cave smoking that opium pipe again.

I warned him about them visions.

lol

stillers4me
09-04-2009, 10:07 PM
For pity's sake, Give Ben some room to work!

Cut Logan now! :chuckle:

SteelTalons
09-04-2009, 10:33 PM
For pity's sake, Give Ben some room to work!

Cur Logan now! :chuckle:

Cur Logan? :huh:

You mean like we curred Redman and Davis? :noidea: :flap:

stillers4me
09-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Cur Logan? :huh:

You mean like we curred Redman and Davis? :noidea: :flap:

What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

It clearly says C-U-T. :wink02:

sharkweek
09-04-2009, 11:51 PM
meh, thats assuming we're going to score quick with all the short fields, but should we ever grab a lead we could always just run the ball until we're stopped and then punt and pin them inside their own 10 with greater consistency and occurrence.

silverbackattack
09-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Yea, that's it. Who wants to score points. The games isn't about scoring points.......It's about resting a defense? Come on already.

Somebody's thinking way to deep.

Preacher,
How about those receivers? You wouldn't want them to catch any long passes, that would take less time than running the ball 15 times.

I hope you realize I'm just having fun wit ya.

Let's see what else we can come up with that would be detrimental to the defense.

jjpro11
09-05-2009, 12:39 AM
it doesn't matter what Logan does.. there were so many games last year where it felt like the offense went 3 and out on every play up until the 4th quarter, when they finally decided to play. that's what made the defense so unbelievable.. they were on the field way more than they should have been because the offense was so bad at times.

tony hipchest
09-05-2009, 12:51 AM
if logan runs every kick back to the opponents 1 yard line we are clearly screwed.

we cut out goal line back redman.

hopefully the coaches will teach him to fall down (a la donovan woods) anytime he approaches the 20 yd line.

steelwalls
09-05-2009, 12:54 AM
if logan runs every kick back to the opponents 1 yard line we are clearly screwed.

hopefully the coaches will teach him to fall down (a la donovan woods) anytime he approaches the 20 yd line.

As often as I disagree with you, I have to say you have a point.

Preacher
09-05-2009, 01:22 AM

Very true! Either make it into the endzone... or stop at the 40 yard line so Ben can take it in!

tony hipchest
09-05-2009, 01:35 AM

Very true! Either make it into the endzone... or stop at the 40 yard line so Ben can take it in!
nope. were fuct.

the 40 yd line is where ben holds onto the ball the longest and where the offensive line is the most dehydrated and in need of a breather.

the real problem is the rooneys are paying our current players too much money and they are fat and lazy.

we need to let all of the free agents go and refuse to pay our own. that will bring back the hunger we (not speaking in the literal casey hampton sort of way) we need to continue winning.

having good players will actually hurt our entire team.

WE NEED PLAYERS THAT SUCK in order to be better!

(wow. i just had an epiphany and realized what its like to be a bengalfan.... or mike brown.) :banging:

sharkweek
09-05-2009, 04:01 AM
Yea, that's it. Who wants to score points. The games isn't about scoring points.......It's about resting a defense? Come on already.

Somebody's thinking way to deep.

Preacher,
How about those receivers? You wouldn't want them to catch any long passes, that would take less time than running the ball 15 times.

I hope you realize I'm just having fun wit ya.

Let's see what else we can come up with that would be detrimental to the defense.

Yes, but scoring too fast can be a bad thing. Just ask Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald. Their quick strike TD to take the lead in Superbowl XLIII left well over two minutes for our Steelers to throw together a scoring drive of their own...retaking the lead.

Preacher
09-05-2009, 04:11 AM
Yes, but scoring too fast can be a bad thing. Just ask Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald. Their quick strike TD to take the lead in Superbowl XLIII left well over two minutes for our Steelers to throw together a scoring drive of their own...retaking the lead.
:doh:

Leave it to someone to actually make this thread a serious thread!

sharkweek
09-05-2009, 04:18 AM
CUT LOGAN NAO! :rocket:

Preacher
09-05-2009, 04:25 AM
CUT LOGAN NAO! :rocket:
THATS BETTER!! But why should we cut him? (hint.. title of thread!)

sharkweek
09-05-2009, 04:51 AM
I can think of more/better!

1. because kick returns are too exciting! we want slow and boring smash mouth!

2. because we want poor field position so Ben has to drive the ball 90+ yards every time to pad his stats!

3. because he's Canadian (yeah he was born in the USA, but he was contaminated)!

4. because his parents incorrectly spelled Steven!

5. because we want to avoid that inevitable pun "Logan's Run" associating one of his inevitable TD returns with the novel/movie!

Preacher
09-05-2009, 04:56 AM
I can think of more/better!

1. because kick returns are too exciting! we want slow and boring smash mouth!

2. because we want poor field position so Ben has to drive the ball 90+ yards every time to pad his stats!

3. because he's Canadian (yeah he was born in the USA, but he was contaminated)!

4. because his parents incorrectly spelled Steven!

5. because we want to avoid that inevitable pun "Logan's Run" associating one of his inevitable TD returns with the novel/movie!

Classic. I didn't even think of that!! I love it.

Galax Steeler
09-05-2009, 05:15 AM
By returning the ball so far everytime... he gives our offense just a little field to work with. More over, he may take it all the way. So either way, our defense is on the field more.

(:buttkick: to anyone who takes this seriously-- this may be one of those where my sense of humor just doesn't carry over the internet.. if so, I apologize in advance mods!)

Good one :toofunny:

stillers4me
09-05-2009, 07:59 AM
I ask again.....where's the "NIckname Logan" thread?

You become the newest Steeler sensation, you get a nickname. It's in the contract. :deal:

SteelerEmpire
09-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Ha Ha Ha..... good consideration.... but I don't think he'll hurt the #1 D.....
:helmet::helmet:

http://soxanddawgs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/nfl_g_steelerscelebration_576.jpg

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-05-2009, 10:11 AM
I ask again.....where's the "NIckname Logan" thread?

You become the newest Steeler sensation, you get a nickname. It's in the contract. :deal:

He already has one...."Joystick".

Steel Head
09-05-2009, 10:21 AM

If anything it will help our D. More field to work = less pts scored

stillers4me
09-05-2009, 10:25 AM
He already has one...."Joystick".

What does that mean? :noidea:

Or if I have to ask, then I shouldn't ask? :chuckle:

X-Terminator
09-05-2009, 10:44 AM
What does that mean? :noidea:

Or if I have to ask, then I shouldn't ask? :chuckle:

Video games...joysticks...watching Logan run is like playing Madden?

stillers4me
09-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Video games...joysticks...watching Logan run is like playing Madden?

That's what I thought..it was just .....I don't know.......weird.

LVSteelersfan
09-05-2009, 11:48 AM
We are not actually going to use Logan. We will put Frank Summers and Mewelde Moore back there because we won the Super Bowl using that strategy last year. Why put your best players on the field when you can use Gary Russell and Carey Davis type players to run back kicks? Logan was put on this team to be the "LONG SNAPPER" when James Harrison gets hurt.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Gaining yards in special teams never hurts.

I guess the next thing is to try and make sure our offense doesnt have any big plays so it gives the defense time to rest. :doh:

SteelTalons
09-05-2009, 01:22 PM
That's what I thought..it was just .....I don't know.......weird.

Lets cut to the chase it sounded like he was making a dick joke. :thumbsup:

stillers4me
09-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Lets cut to the chase it sounded like he was making a dick joke. :thumbsup:

:rofl:

MACH1
09-05-2009, 01:56 PM

Yup....But he my hurt our O more. Ben may never see the field.

Indo
09-05-2009, 02:58 PM
:doh:

Leave it to someone to actually make this thread a serious thread!

WHAT!....WAIT...It's not a serious thread?
And here I thought I was learning me some fussball strategy

Preacher
09-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Gaining yards in special teams never hurts.

I guess the next thing is to try and make sure our offense doesnt have any big plays so it gives the defense time to rest. :doh:

:rofl:

Me thinks someone didn't read the entire thread. Or at least my entire first post....

WWIIOwheelz
09-05-2009, 08:47 PM
This thread made me laugh really hard when I read the title. 8]

Preacher
09-06-2009, 03:41 AM
This thread made me laugh really hard when I read the title. 8]

:wink02:

Preacher
09-20-2009, 03:59 AM
WHAT!....WAIT...It's not a serious thread?
And here I thought I was learning me some fussball strategy

Fusssball? Momma says fussball is of the devil!

:laughing: