PDA

View Full Version : Im sooo homesick right now..

T.Richardson
09-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Im in Japan right now..its saturday morning..and im a lil depressed....

I miss the Robinson Town centre...and im sooo worried about my gf...

7SteelGal43
09-04-2009, 11:46 PM

:salute::usa:

Don't be depressed. Take comfort knowing that we back at home are praying for you all, are very proud of you all, and are keeping the home fires burning. Come home soon and safe. :drink:

JackHammer
09-05-2009, 12:40 AM

One word: SAKI :drink:

steelwalls
09-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Its normal brother, but keep up your routine it gets better. Make same good friends, and look at it as a life experience you'll never forget.

T.Richardson
09-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Its normal brother, but keep up your routine it gets better. Make same good friends, and look at it as a life experience you'll never forget.

i'll try..

and JackHammer...lol cant believe you brought that word out.. I cant remember what the acronym means though..but I know what it means in a way.

steelwalls
09-05-2009, 01:26 AM
SAKI is Japanese alcohol

T.Richardson
09-05-2009, 04:27 AM
SAKI is Japanese alcohol

you mean this?

http://shizuokasake.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/fujimasa-nama.jpg

Preacher
09-05-2009, 04:29 AM
WOAHH

EDIT: cool.. you fixed the pic. That thing was massive!

T.Richardson
09-05-2009, 04:32 AM
WOAHH

EDIT: cool.. you fixed the pic. That thing was massive!

lol..didnt expect it to take up the whole screen.

Preacher
09-05-2009, 04:41 AM
lol..didnt expect it to take up the whole screen.

:rofl:
I have a 22inch screen.. and it FILLED it!

SCSTILLER
09-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Keep your head up T.Rich, like Steelewall said, it is normal. I remember when I got to my first assignment I never thought that I would get through it, missed my family, my gf at the time, was lonely, missed Pittsburgh, all that stuff you feel when being away from home for the first time. It does get better, to the point that for me I could never imagine moving back. I made a home here in Charleston, SC and I plan on staying. You will find out in due time that you are in a great situation being able to live overseas and being able to see the world.

Keep your head up Rich, and if it gets worse, yes there is Saki! But be careful, you dont want to hear "You go now, you been here four hour!"

stlrtruck
09-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey man, make the best of it. I've been to Yakuska and it's not bad. The bar just at the end of base isn't a bad visit and there's a few bars just off base that you can enjoy some good company and good drinks.

If you get up to Tokyo, they have a bar called the American Bar - it was pretty cool. Just enjoy the view and the different culture that you can learn a few things from.

Enjoy your time there, there will come a day when you will look back and miss it, if even for only a few minutes.

hindes204
09-05-2009, 08:34 PM
i know the feeling man, im deployed right now and away from my wife and kids. Keep your head up, enjoy the opportunity...not many get to see the world at such a young age. And like scstiller said, after a little bit of time, you miss home less and less