PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Trojan Woodley Starts Kids Charity Program

mesaSteeler
09-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Ex-Trojan Woodley Starts Kids Charity Program
‘Sack Attack’ Helps Raise Money For Charities
http://www.wnem.com/news/20662894/detail.html
POSTED: 6:18 am EDT September 1, 2009

SAGINAW, Mich. -- Former Saginaw High and University of Michigan all-star LaMarr Woodley hopes his play on the football field will benefit thousands of needy children in 2009.

Woodley, of the Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers, announced on Monday that for every sack he records in the upcoming NFL season, he will pledge $500 to support organizations serving disadvantaged kids in Pittsburgh and Michigan.

Each sack contribution will be added to the $5,000 donation LaMarr has already committed to his “Sack Attack” program.

Woodley said his program provides him a chance to give back to the communities that have supported him throughout his career.

"I couldn’t be happier to be in the position I am to give back to the children of Pittsburgh and Michigan,” Woodley said. “I hope to encourage companies and individuals to help me ensure children get the life skills they need to be successful”

Woodley has chosen The Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania, Heroes for Kids, and All Stars Helping Kids as the charities that he’ll support through the program.

Woodley is also looking for sponsors who are willing to match his donation for each of his sacks

You can read PDF: Sack Attack for more information.

In 2008, the 6-foot-2, 265-pound athlete wrecked havoc on opposing quarterbacks, while recording 11.5 sacks.

Woodley graduated from Saginaw High in 2003.
Copyright 2009 by WNEM.COM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.