PDA

View Full Version : ?Bad Blood? Over Move

drizze99
01-17-2006, 09:40 AM
?Bad Blood? Over Move
Mark Cannizzaro, New York Post

Eric Mangini was offered the head-coaching job last night and has accepted it. Mangini's acceptance of the job seriously has ruffled some feathers in New England, according to insiders. Belichick had been telling his young protege not to take the job. Mangini not taking Belichick's advice on this one has surely reopened the "Border Wars". "There's bad blood with this one," an industry source who knows both Mangini and the Jets well. One member of the Patriots' coaching staff, half-joking, said yesterday that Mangini had already been locked out and banned from the building in Foxborough.

Full Article if you have acess to NY Post (http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/61695.htm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, I think B. Belicheck is right... Mangini should have stayed in New England.

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Miami is winning that divsion next year, even without a QB.

drizze99
01-17-2006, 10:26 AM
N. Saban is the man. I really like him as a coach. I heard rumors that Culpepper might go there...

RoethlisBURGHer
01-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Looks like this rivalry will heat up.I hope Mangini (who will probally get the nickname Mangina in NE) does well and kicks Bill B.'s ass.

clevestinks
01-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Mangini I think was a good pick? Not just because of him being a Pats asst. for a season. I like hiring young, and new.

hardwork
01-17-2006, 05:37 PM
There's been bad blood between the Patriots and jets for decades. Nothing new, no problem.

Next year we return to win the SB. You can bet your trailer park homes on that Steeler fans. >>>wink<<<

RoethlisBURGHer
01-17-2006, 05:44 PM
There's been bad blood between the Patriots and jets for decades. Nothing new, no problem.

Next year we return to win the SB. You can bet your trailer park homes on that Steeler fans. >>>wink<<<

Hey,I dunno about everyone else,but I live in a house! LOL

I just think this hire will bring new meaning to this rivalry.Also,when will the first Pats fan refer to him as Mangina?

hardwork
01-17-2006, 05:54 PM
New meaning? Take a look at all the coach stealing that's been going on between these two teams over the past 10 years. Trust me, we've never liked the bastards, and they don't like us.

Ambridge
01-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Mangini is walking into a real "CF" in New York.
After all of the questionable injuries to key players this past season and Herm Edwards sneaking out the backdoor to Kansas City the Jets organization is on the same par as the Detroit Lions.

Brady12
01-17-2006, 06:42 PM
All I can say is good luck, maybe he can make the Jets more competitive next season.

Milkman
01-17-2006, 06:49 PM
I think it's a 2 horse race in the East between the Pats and the 'Fins.

The Jets should improve some but not enough next year.

3 to be 4
01-17-2006, 07:07 PM
im not worried one bit. Mangini was hardly the defensive mind behind the Patriots.

hey, they were a brain fart turnover ridden performance away from another trip to the final 4 without Weis and Crennel. I think Belichick does need to bring in some veteran coaches. But with their talent evaluation skills and lots of picks coming up, strenght and depth on the OL and DL, im not worried about the future. the Dolphins will be tough and will make the playoffs as a wild card next year, but Gus Ferotte is not taking them very far.

Livinginthe past
01-17-2006, 07:24 PM
I wont be wishing Mangini any luck at all - he is a good coach but now he is the enemy.

Jets 2-14

NM

hardwork
01-17-2006, 09:53 PM
"I think it's a 2 horse race in the East between the Pats and the 'Fins."

I agree.

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 09:56 PM

dont you owe all steelerfans a trailer home when you patfans made similar bets last year guaranteeing a "3-peat"???? lol

hardwork
01-17-2006, 09:56 PM
"I wont be wishing Mangini any luck at all"

Nor will I. If he earns it, he earns it the way all the others before him have, hard work.

hardwork
01-17-2006, 10:07 PM
I'll get you a trailer home Tony. No problem.

stillthere
01-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Now Buffalo needs to hire someone from the Parcells tree and the whole division will know little intimate secrets about one another.

The kid is a good hire he has been with Pardells/Belichek for like 11 years and he is only like 35.

Livinginthe past
01-18-2006, 11:13 AM
New York is seriously looking at a couple of year to build a team. They will be the talent equivalent of this years Cleveland Browns.

Big question marks at QB, Martin soon to retire at RB - and getting old and salary cap heavy in most areas - this teams needs to be broken down and rebuilt.

Maybe mangini has been given 3years guaranteed to get the team in the playoffs - this woud be a wise timescale - but like people say NY has very little patience and Jets fans are among the most delusional in the league.

NM

NM

3 to be 4
01-18-2006, 06:24 PM
dont you owe all steelerfans a trailer home when you patfans made similar bets last year guaranteeing a "3-peat"???? lol

i certainly wouldnt have BET on that myself, too many good teams and much too hard to assume an accomplishment like that.
so im not BETTING on the Patriots winning the SB next year, but i really like their chances of coming back for reasons posted earlier.

at least we dont have to ever worry about the Colts. they have been officially proven as incapable of ever putting it all together.

Stlrs4Life
01-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Why would the Pats be mad at him? He is given a chance to be a HC. A promotion really.