PDA

View Full Version : Merriman busted for battery, false imprisonment

OneForTheToe
09-06-2009, 01:38 PM
When are NFL players going to learn to take their frustrations out on the field. I'm not assuming guilt here, of course. And we do have a bit of glass houses scenario here is Pittsburgh - but my god guys, hit each other not girls ... it's not that hard to tell them apart.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/06/shawne-merriman-busted-for-battery-false-imprisonment/

Fire Haley
09-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Throw the punk in jail

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/kabc/cms_exf_2007/news/sports/7001575_600x338.jpg

Vis
09-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Wow.

jasonhightower
09-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Throw the punk in jail

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/kabc/cms_exf_2007/news/sports/7001575_600x338.jpg

Wow, that's a quick verdict. I think we should be a little more cautious with blindly convicting someone... especially with our own "falsely accused" situation this season already.

fansince'76
09-06-2009, 01:47 PM
What? No waiting a year, bypassing the police entirely and instead filing a civil suit and going directly for his wallet? Wait, that's probably because in this case, something actually did happen - my bad....

revefsreleets
09-06-2009, 01:49 PM
'Roid rage to the nth power....

Fire Haley
09-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Wow, that's a quick verdict. I think we should be a little more cautious with blindly convicting someone... especially with our own "falsely accused" situation this season already.

Merriman was ARRESTED and is in jail.

Notice the difference?

Fire Haley
09-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Nguyen was taken to a local hospital.

Must have physical evidence?

He's been booked. (The wonders of the information age)

http://apps.sdsheriff.net/wij/wijDetail.aspx?BookNum=9769913

Bail at $58,000

Steel-Bryan
09-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Guess he tried to "Ring her neck", lol. Ochocinco must be pretty shook right now. lol

jasonhightower
09-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Merriman was ARRESTED and is in jail.

Notice the difference?

Had McNutty made an accusation on the specific night in her civil suit, Ben would have been in jail too... Happens all the time wiseguy...

stillers4me
09-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Had McNutty made an accusation on the specific night in her civil suit, Ben would have been in jail too... Happens all the time wiseguy...

McNutty was too busy e-mailing her "fantasy Ben" about how excited she was about going to the celebrity dinner with "real Ben".

jasonhightower
09-06-2009, 02:35 PM
McNutty was too busy e-mailing her "fantasy Ben" about how excited she was about going to the celebrity dinner with "real Ben".

Yeah, I know. I just find it interesting that because Merriman was arrested automatically some feel he's guilty. Especially coming from another frickin' nutbag chick...

7SteelGal43
09-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Damn....Tila Tequila ? I hope he gets tested for STDs.

Fire Haley
09-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Evidently the police care - he's been booked on a felony arrest.

Busted for roids, domestic abuse - sit him for a year Commish!

Vis
09-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I know. I just find it interesting that because Merriman was arrested automatically some feel he's guilty. Especially coming from another frickin' nutbag chick...

Nothing like jumping the gun. But how did you get all the in-depth research you needed to conclude it was another frickin' nutbag chick? You didn't automatically assume that I trust.

jasonhightower
09-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Nothing like jumping the gun. But how did you get all the in-depth research you needed to conclude it was another frickin' nutbag chick? You didn't automatically assume that I trust.

Absolutely not, I have years of experience in observing said nutbags... Also, I am not assuming he's innocent either. I take the "wait and see" approach, so some of you can take down cross, we need the wood.

Edman
09-06-2009, 03:27 PM
I knew Shawne Merriman was a jackass, but I never knew he was a woman beater.

Those San Diego Chargers have a real cool bunch of people there, huh? This is why they will never win anything. Too many headcases on that team.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-06-2009, 03:31 PM
WOW! Hopefully its turns out to be notheing... But then again, if he did it I hope he does not get of just because hes got money

KeiselPower99
09-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Actually I think he was trying to do us all a favor on this one.

Fire Haley
09-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Yeah. You run in the gutter and you get dirty.

Somebody should find him a nice Catholic girl, get married, have babies. Get outta da hood.

I'm cereal.

Psyychoward86
09-06-2009, 05:23 PM

Tila=Hot, Merriman=Not

Glace
09-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Sounds horrible...but maybe before some of you get too carried away about what a scumbag he is, lets not forget when Harrison was in this situation...

Fire Haley
09-06-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't really give a crap about the moral issues either way - I just want the Chargers weakened for the year - we have to play them.

jasonhightower
09-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't really give a crap about the moral issues either way - I just want the Chargers weakened for the year - we have to play them.

True dat. I honestly can't wait to see us demoralize them again. I think it was Peter King who predicted they'd beat us the AFC championship game.

Preacher
09-06-2009, 05:42 PM

I don't really care one way or another if we play them or not. This is about committing a crime against a woman and it needs to be dealt with.

Just as in the Ben Case, I will reserve judgment until it is over.

But come on.. to lift a child's game over PHYSICAL BATTERY? Priorities man, priorities.

Fire Haley
09-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't judge anybody - I let the real gods do that.

Preacher
09-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I don't judge anybody - I let the real gods do that.

I think you understand the way it was meant.

On this board... people are guilty or innoncent as much by teh jersey they wear or the public perception of them as anything else.

My reserving of judgement comes in my saying I believe he is guilty or innocent. That is a judgement... and one that the courts will make. Then I will parrot that, unless It seems ludicrous to judge that way (Ever see Mystery Alaska :chuckle:).

We make judgments every day. So no. You do not let your gods do that. You judge.

Fire Haley
09-06-2009, 06:39 PM
You do not let your gods do that. You judge

That's the devil's talk.

My gods will knock you sinners off that pedestal in a hurry and toss your bones in hellfire.

tony hipchest
09-06-2009, 06:45 PM
:chuckle:

this thread is goin places...

:popcorn:

tila? i would.

Venom
09-06-2009, 07:05 PM
SHOCKING

Psyychoward86
09-06-2009, 07:09 PM
SHOCKING

lol. hardly

Fire Haley
09-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Takes a little shine off the "Chargers are the new media darlings" trophy, I bet.

mesaSteeler
09-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Throw the punk in jail

Which punk?

CanadianSteel
09-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Liked the one comment under the article..... Merriman and the Chargers usually wait until the playoffs to CHOKE...:flap:

Preacher
09-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Throw the punk in jail

Wait a second....

According to some members here. . . . she is a lesbian right?

So ...................... what does that say about Merriman?

Steel-Bryan
09-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Wait a second....

According to some members here. . . . she is a lesbian right?

So ...................... what does that say about Merriman?

Shes Bi, why all the merriman hate [in general], theyre has to be an explanation for all of this ! I wear #56 cus of this guy, lol.

JackHammer
09-07-2009, 12:18 AM
I think it's fair to point out that Tila placed him under citizens arrest and that there were no physical signs of injury to her according to the hospital that checked her out. I think I'm gonna save my judgment for when the DA makes a decision on whether or not to charge Merriman.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-07-2009, 01:05 AM
I think it's fair to point out that Tila placed him under citizens arrest and that there were no physical signs of injury to her according to the hospital that checked her out. I think I'm gonna save my judgment for when the DA makes a decision on whether or not to charge Merriman.

Yup.

Merriman says he was simply trying to keep her from driving away under the influence of alcohol.

She was drunk, didn't like not having the power to do as she wanted (she is a celeb, therefore she can do as she wants when she wants), and therefore flipped out and placed Merriman under citizen's arrest and then accused him of choking her and false imprisonment.

I will take the wait and see approach. If it turns out he did choke her and wouldn't let her leave sober....throw his ass in jail.

If he never choked her (or hit her), but wouldn't let her drive herself home drunk...then good for him, he possibly saved not only her life but very possibly the life of someone else.

Preacher
09-07-2009, 04:11 AM

I don't really care one way or another if we play them or not. This is about committing a crime against a woman and it needs to be dealt with.

Just as in the Ben Case, I will reserve judgment until it is over.

Yep.. Gotta say I agree with you. Wait until it has all come out before you judge.

If she was drunk... then good for him. Very good for him.

Aussie_steeler
09-07-2009, 05:17 AM
Chargers | Merriman says he didn't hurt Nguyen

Mon, 07 Sep 2009 00:44:49 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports San Diego Chargers LB Shawne Merriman said he did not assault Tila "Tequila" Nguyen, and that he was trying to prevent her from leaving his home in an intoxicated state. Merriman said, "On September 6, 2009 the San Diego Sheriff's Department responded to a citizen's complaint that was initiated by Tila Nguyen (aka Tila Tequila). I was taken into custody based upon that complaint. At the time, I was concerned about her welfare given the intoxicated state she appeared to be in and I encouraged her to stay until safe transportation could be provided." Merriman added, "I in no way caused any harm to Ms. Nguyen, however, paramedics were called and she was examined but no injuries were reported. She was released and has since returned to Los Angeles, California. There have been no charges filed against me." Merriman is planning to cooperate fully with police.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#593968

Lets see where this story finally winds up.

Fire Haley
09-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Which punk?

I don't care about her - just the one that can possibly affect the Steelers going back to the SB.

Sit him for the year Commish! I don't care if the allegations are true or not, sit him for the year!

HometownGal
09-07-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm going to reserve judgment here until I get the full scoop. If Merriman did try to choke this chick, she should have physical signs of the same and if she does, there are much more effective and less harmful ways to stop someone from leaving your house drunk.

TackleMeBen
09-07-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't care about her - just the one that can possibly affect the Steelers going back to the SB.

Sit him for the year Commish! I don't care if the allegations are true or not, sit him for the year!
you do know that the same could be said for ben.

SteelCityMan786
09-07-2009, 12:42 PM
When are NFL players going to learn to take their frustrations out on the field. I'm not assuming guilt here, of course. And we do have a bit of glass houses scenario here is Pittsburgh - but my god guys, hit each other not girls ... it's not that hard to tell them apart.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/06/shawne-merriman-busted-for-battery-false-imprisonment/

That's also one more reason why ESPECIALLY the night before, right after, and the night after a game unless I'm with people I know and I know that I am not going to be at trouble hazard, I STAY AT HOME.(I'm just playing high school ball, and I seem to show more concern for my reputation as a person then some NFL Players seem to.)

tony hipchest
09-07-2009, 12:54 PM
i bet he choked her with his penis and wad.

beSteelmyheart
09-07-2009, 07:54 PM

Wow, that's taking it a little too far, don't ya think?

Preacher
09-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow, that's taking it a little too far, don't ya think?

Most of us? yeah... but this is Tony you're talking to now. :privateeyes: :paperbag:

TackleMeBen
09-07-2009, 08:25 PM
well at least its another team that is having issues and not ours right at the moment.

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Damn, what a scumbag.

Back away from the 'roids dude, put the little 100lb girl down from her neck.

Hope they lock this loser up and throw away the key.

You stay classy San Diego.

Fire Haley
09-07-2009, 09:08 PM

"That's that homo-erotic showtime movies if I ever saw them."
"That alien tentacle crap too"

ha ha

SteelersinCA
09-08-2009, 11:10 AM
You stay classy San Diego.

Most overused line ever.

Not directed at you: The DRUNK chic with NO signs of injury says the huge guy that hits people for a living choked her. None of you find that mildly strange? If Merriman chokes you, you'll have marks. I'm guessing he wouldn't let her leave, she got pissed, called the cops and made up some bullshit. Nothing will happen to Merriman because he did the right thing by not letting her drive.

steelreserve
09-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Most overused line ever.

Not directed at you: The DRUNK chic with NO signs of injury says the huge guy that hits people for a living choked her. None of you find that mildly strange? If Merriman chokes you, you'll have marks. I'm guessing he wouldn't let her leave, she got pissed, called the cops and made up some bullshit. Nothing will happen to Merriman because he did the right thing by not letting her drive.

I'm inclined to believe this is exactly right.

I mean, seeing Tila Tequila involved in this made me laugh, but it also made the whole thing lose any sense of credibility.

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Merriman's fault no matter what, even IF he's innocent of all these charges, he's still guilty of running around with a no-talent STD riddled piece of reality TV trash, who's probably actually a step DOWN from a drug addled stripper...this is nothing more than a corollary of the old "Nothing good happens at 3 AM" thing...

steelreserve
09-08-2009, 12:38 PM
even IF he's innocent of all these charges, he's still guilty of running around with a no-talent STD riddled piece of reality TV trash, who's probably actually a step DOWN from a drug addled stripper...

I think you've captured the essence of what makes this a funny story no matter what.

SteelersinCA
09-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Apparently, I hear, there are several eye witnesses that will corroborate Merriman's version of events. Tila has fled to LA while Merriman is fully cooperating.

If this were Harrison, Holmes, or Big Ben I have a feeling most would be looking at this in an entirely different light.

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Apparently, I hear, there are several eye witnesses that will corroborate Merriman's version of events. Tila has fled to LA while Merriman is fully cooperating.

If this were Harrison, Holmes, or Big Ben I have a feeling most would be looking at this in an entirely different light.

Not I...not I....if any Steeler were gallivanting around with a tornado bait trailer trash petri dish of infectious diseases, I'd openly castigate them on these boards and elsewhere. Hanging out with garbage like this used up piece of jet trash wh ore would be grounds to be cut immediately from my team if I were the owner. This skank makes Paris Hilton look like a clean, fresh, classy virginal Rhodes scholar....

SteelersinCA
09-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Not I...not I....if any Steeler were gallivanting around with a tornado bait trailer trash petri dish of infectious diseases, I'd openly castigate them on these boards and elsewhere. Hanging out with garbage like this used up piece of jet trash wh ore would be grounds to be cut immediately from my team if I were the owner. This skank makes Paris Hilton look like a clean, fresh, classy virginal Rhodes scholar....

Hence the most part. I have never found this chic attractive and I have yellow fever! I'm certain Merriman could get a better piece, once again though, I don't really care who he or any other football player bangs as long as they get it done on the field. Nor do I care if they juice, I pay to be entertained.

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Winning at any cost and not caring how it gets done: The Jerry Jones way.

Character and integrity take a backseat to the almighty W column...are you SURE you're a Steelers fan?

jcdavey08
09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
man...ben and shawne sure do attract the crazies

and brandon marshall as well

what's with these crazy women

TackleMeBen
09-08-2009, 03:53 PM
man...ben and shawne sure do attract the crazies

i am hoping that ben was drunk when he banged that crazy whackjob

steelpride12
09-08-2009, 05:12 PM
To the Bengals he goes!

jcdavey08
09-08-2009, 06:58 PM
To the Bengals he goes!possibility in 2010

are they switching to a 3-4?

Psyychoward86
09-08-2009, 07:47 PM
At this point i can sum up Shawne Merriman's life in 3 events:

1) Got decleated and thoroughly owned by MJD

2) Steroids

3) Choking kinky Vietnamese girls

SteelTalons
09-08-2009, 08:49 PM
i am hoping that ben was drunk when he banged that crazy whackjob

What proof do you have he did at all? Other than your sister preferably. :noidea:

Godfather
09-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Merriman should be ashamed of himself for hitting Tila Tequila.

jcdavey08
09-10-2009, 01:59 AM
if you think he really hit her...you're the most gullible people on earth lol

this chick is probably the stupidest woman alive

officialTila Hmmm....I see some Bronco's fans here too! What's your favorite team? I know you all hate the Chargers....U can see my retweets! LOLLL

honestly ....... how she made it to 27 is beyond me

stillers4me
09-10-2009, 06:41 AM
Report: Jealousy led to incident at Merriman's house

Posted by Mike Florio on September 9, 2009 10:00 PM ET

Finally, facts are emerging regarding the incident that resulted in allegations that Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman battered and falsely imprisoned Tila Tequila Nguyen.

And we kind of wish they hadn't.

According to Juliette Vara of 10News.com in San Diego, Nguyen wasn't happy that Merriman was paying too much attention to other women at his home.

Per the report, Merriman went to his bedroom with two women. Nguyen then entered the room, and Merriman asked her to join them. She reacted angrily, threatening to have sex with a member of Merriman's entourage.

Instead, she took off all her clothes and tried to leave the house. Merriman then prevented her from leaving.
(what a gentleman! :chuckle:)

Citing unnamed sources, Vara also reports that Nguyen "faked" a neck injury, and that paramedics who arrived at the scene determined that she was fine.

It appears that this report is based on information from one or more of the other persons who were at Merriman's house on the evening in question. And given that one or more of the other persons who were at Merriman's house on the evening in question likely were drinking alcohol too, we're not sure how reliable anyone's recollection as to the events really is.

And that actually helps Merriman. Our guess is that the facts of this case will be littered with inconsistencies and discrepancies, making it a prime situation for a finding of reasonable doubt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

SteelersinCA
09-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Well I suppose if you are going to be dating a chic like tila, you might as well go out with a flourish and 2 other chics. At least that restores a modicum of respect for merrimam.

TackleMeBen
09-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Instead, she took off all her clothes and tried to leave the house. Merriman then prevented her from leaving.
(what a gentleman! )

so merriman saved some peoples eyes from having to see her naked??????:chuckle:

SteelTalons : What proof do you have he did at all?
maybe i should have rephrased it to saying if he did bang that whackjob, i hope he was intoxicated...

Steeldude
09-10-2009, 10:51 AM
this is what i have heard.

merriman was reportedly stopping her from getting in her car because she was drunk. according to tila tequila she is allergic to alcohol. when police arrived they reported that she was drunk. also, in her twitter blog she stated that her and merriman were drinking and having a good time. turns out she is not allergic to alcohol.

the woman is a dirty nutcase.

revefsreleets
09-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Shawn Merriman? Or Shawn Mexico? Because it won't be long before he's infected with the herp...and the clap...and the Aids...and the crabs...and the....

steelreserve
09-10-2009, 12:49 PM
this is what i have heard.

merriman was reportedly stopping her from getting in her car because she was drunk. according to tila tequila she is allergic to alcohol. when police arrived they reported that she was drunk. also, in her twitter blog she stated that her and merriman were drinking and having a good time. turns out she is not allergic to alcohol.

the woman is a dirty nutcase.

Not to mention, you can't BE allergic to alcohol. It's scientifically impossible -- too small of a molecule to trigger an allergic response. Plenty of people are allergic to other things commonly found IN the booze, but no one is allergic to alcohol itself. And those allergies don't make you more drunk either, just red in the face. It's a lame excuse for people trying to cover up the fact that they can't hold their liquor.

In the very, VERY rare cases where people have a medical reaction to alcohol itself, less than one shot will kill you.

Godfather
09-10-2009, 01:02 PM
if you think he really hit her...you're the most gullible people on earth lol

That choice of words was intentional.