PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS STEELERS!

broncotime
01-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Great game....very entertaining. I felt really bad for Bettis when he fumbled the ball, but fortunately the loss did not cost the Steelers the game. I was glad that Vanderjerk missed the field goal. Of course we did not want to go into Indy. We want to be home sweet home. I actually like the Steelers...when they're not playing the Broncos. My hatred is reserved for the Raiders/Chiefs. So, who thinks your Steelers are going to come into the Mile High City and are going to be able to deal with the sick pass rush, the slick and slithery Snake, Champ (almost choked Bailey), triple threat running game, deafening crowd noise, and the MILE HIGH ALTITUDE! I've seen a lot of visitors in my day struggling to breathe here. Not trying to hate, just trying to arouse some discussion.

drizze99
01-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Welcome to SF! What board are you from?

Honestly, the only thing that concerns me is the altitude. We have done a good job the last couple of years of keeping running games in check. I guess Jake is a bit of a concern because he is very mobile. I think our secondary matches up well with your WR's. I am predicting that the game will be hard fought and close. The two teams share a lot of similarities. The team witht he least amount of mistakes will prevail.

Congrats on whooping up on the Pats! It was quite an enjoyable game to watch.

Prosdo
01-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Welcome to SF. This is going to be a very physical game. I'm not sure the noise will be an issue. Indy is pretty loud and they did well there. They also have been practicing a silent count. As Driz said congrats on beating the Pats.

broncotime
01-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the props on beating the Patsies. It was fun watching the Broncos whoop on them. Driz, I think you're right about the mistakes. That Polomalu is one heck of a ball player. Even my wife said, "Man that guy with the funky hair is really good." I think Shanahan must be game planning with him in mind so we'll see what happens. Of course I want and expect the Broncos to win, but win or lose I hope the game is entertaining. I'd rather see a nail biter than a lopsided contest on either side. Those always suck...like when the 9'ers wiped the floor with us in the SuperBowl. Hopefully the Snake does not return to his old form (throwin' picks). I don't think he will.

drizze99
01-17-2006, 01:26 PM
I want a good hard fought game, but I am not sure I am physically and mentally ready for a nail biter, lol!! That Colts game really threw me for a loop. I think I scared my wife and buddies on that one...