PDA

View Full Version : Would we possibly trade parker?

SC Gamecokk
09-07-2009, 11:17 AM
I was just reading the article in the post gazette about this more than likely being parker's last year. anybody think we might possibly trade him to get maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder for him instead of just letting him walk? :coffee:

EDIT: I guess this same conversation could be for hampton as well....

Rek
09-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I was just reading the article in the post gazette about this more than likely being parker's last year. anybody think we might possibly trade him to get maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder for him instead of just letting him walk? :coffee:

EDIT: I guess this same conversation could be for hampton as well....

Nope. Next question.

slippy
09-07-2009, 12:01 PM
and who's gonna run the ball?

mendy is a huge question mark. moore is great as 3rd down back and occasional starter, but untested as a full time starter. and summers is a FB/rookie.

Psyychoward86
09-07-2009, 12:47 PM
LOL

Nadroj 20
09-07-2009, 01:00 PM
We need willie.....no trade and we will re sign him...

sharkweek
09-07-2009, 01:48 PM
No, we need him too much in the here and now for any realistic trade to be of enough value to offset the risks involved with losing him.

I also think our chances of retaining him are slim, we'll need a running back by committee that puts out average numbers without any one back standing out too much above the rest.

steeltheone
09-07-2009, 01:51 PM
the only way we should need him is if Mendenhall is a bust. If he works out ,we will not pay Parker anything near market value, so he will go elsewhere

steelreserve
09-07-2009, 02:11 PM
God, I hope so. But the chances of it actually happening are like 1%

#1 Big Ben Fan
09-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Parker isn't getting traded just like Hampton wasn't getting released or traded. The Steelers are primed for a repeat and they wouldn't make a trade to hurt their chances at repeating.

mmalone
09-07-2009, 03:04 PM
how do these guys pull this off all the time...

get a first round pick... then sign simmons too.

Patriots trade veteran Seymour to Raiders for 2011 first-round pick

NFL.com Wire Reports

Five-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman Richard Seymour has been traded from the New England Patriots to the Oakland Raiders, giving the rebuilding franchise a veteran stalwart up front.

In another move Sunday, the Patriots signed veteran free-agent guard Kendall Simmons to a three-year deal, reports NFL Network's Jason La Canfora.

Seymour is in the final year of a contract paying him $3.7 million this season. In return, the Patriots received a first-round draft choice in 2011.

NFL RedZone

Watching football on Sundays will be a whole new experience with NFL Network's new channel, NFL RedZone. Find out why.
"From nearly the day he arrived in 2001, Richard Seymour established himself as one of our premier players for nearly a decade," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Sunday.

scsteeler
09-07-2009, 03:21 PM
how do these guys pull this off all the time...

get a first round pick... then sign simmons too.

Patriots trade veteran Seymour to Raiders for 2011 first-round pick

NFL.com Wire Reports

Five-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman Richard Seymour has been traded from the New England Patriots to the Oakland Raiders, giving the rebuilding franchise a veteran stalwart up front.

In another move Sunday, the Patriots signed veteran free-agent guard Kendall Simmons to a three-year deal, reports NFL Network's Jason La Canfora.

Seymour is in the final year of a contract paying him $3.7 million this season. In return, the Patriots received a first-round draft choice in 2011.

NFL RedZone

Watching football on Sundays will be a whole new experience with NFL Network's new channel, NFL RedZone. Find out why.
"From nearly the day he arrived in 2001, Richard Seymour established himself as one of our premier players for nearly a decade," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Sunday.

Somebody been on their their Knee's in the Commissioners office!!!!

steel striker
09-07-2009, 04:10 PM
First who are we going to get for him? I would take Ad from vikings and, we know thats not going to happen lol! We need fwp and, he is going to return to top form this year.

mmalone
09-07-2009, 04:23 PM
First who are we going to get for him? I would take Ad from vikings and, we know thats not going to happen lol! We need fwp and, he is going to return to top form this year.

im a Parker fan... hes FWP when hes 100%

but its getting to be a habit to check every sunday... is willie playing today??

He needs to play and stay healthy... this is where i start screaming about the Willie up the Middle plays... its killing him... taking its toll to say....

at least give him some blockers. hopefully we have some of this solved now for 2009...

lilyoder6
09-07-2009, 05:52 PM
come on guys.., we are going to let willie go after this season and go sign reggie bush

tony hipchest
09-07-2009, 06:01 PM
if the steelers didnt trade faneca or porter to try and gain worth, they will not trade parker.

their moves for extra 3rd round picks are usually done on draft day.

steelpride12
09-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Now i think everyone is forgetting how great of a player Parker is when he stays healthy. He is our running back this season and thats what matters now. If we keep him healthy he is always a candidate for a 1000 rushing season, and having a below average OL doesn't help.

SteelerEmpire
09-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I think he just had a down year in 08'. If the O-line gets it together, Parker stays healthy all year, and he gets "at least" 800 yrs.... I think he will stay....

Preacher
09-07-2009, 06:49 PM
if the steelers didnt trade faneca or porter to try and gain worth, they will not trade parker.

their moves for extra 3rd round picks are usually done on draft day.
bingo.

OneForTheToe
09-07-2009, 06:49 PM
he gets "at least" 800 yrs.

That's one hell of a contract:chuckle::wink02:.

FSUBoo
09-07-2009, 09:31 PM
:chuckle:What, you mean people aren't screaming for us to dump Parker and sign Redman to be our feature back?

OneForTheToe
09-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Would we possibly trade parker?

Depends, is steelreserve taking over for Kevin Colbert?:laughing:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-07-2009, 09:57 PM
unless mendy has a breakout year...1k plus yards.... parkr will be resigned

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah, if this was happening, it was happening back in April for either picks or to move up. IMO they kept Parker because, when healthy, he's a damned good RB and gives us our best chance to win...and he IS still under contract.

They'll offer him a deal next year, and it will be a fair deal, but I think he'll take the money and run (pardon the pun) for another team...