PDA

View Full Version : Timmons not practicing again for Steelers

mesaSteeler
09-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Timmons not practicing again for Steelers
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/viewfromthepressbox/
Posted September 7, 2009 1 :29 PM

The good news for the Steelers: Lawrence Timmons has shed the boot he had on his left foot last week. The bad news: Timmons isn't practicing today, which doesn't help his chances of playing Thursday in the Steelers' regular-season opener against the Tennessee Titans .

Timmons has not practiced since spraining his left ankle in a preseason game on Aug. 29 but he is holding out hope they he will be able to play in Thursday's 8:30 p.m. game at Heinz Field.

"Rehab's going great," Timmons said. "I've just been working hard, doing everything they say to get myself right."

The Steelers have just one more practice and a walk through prior to their game against the Titans.

If Timmons is unable to play in the opener, the Steelers are hardly in dire straits. Keyaron Fox would replace Timmons in the starting lineup, and he is coming off an outstanding preseason.

Preacher
09-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Stay away Timmons. Stay away. The season is long, and there is virtually a week and a half between this game and the next one.

Let that foot heal.

steeltheone
09-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Agreed...we are not a one trick pony on D...Heal up..

markymarc
09-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I only want to see Timmons on the field when he is 100% and his speed is not affected at all by the high ankle sprain. Let Keyaron Fox fill in until Timmons is completely healed and ready to contribute for this defense. Besides he will have 10 more days after Thursday night to get more rest. I would rather see him miss the first couple of weeks than be hindered by this injury all season.

Fire Haley
09-07-2009, 07:19 PM
If Timmons is unable to play in the opener, the Steelers are hardly in dire straits. Keyaron Fox would replace Timmons in the starting lineup, and he is coming off an outstanding preseason.

See? No worries mate.

augustashark
09-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Stay away Timmons. Stay away. The season is long, and there is virtually a week and a half between this game and the next one.

Let that foot heal.

I agree preach, guys with the same injury always seem to come back to early. I say sit at least another week or two. Season is too long to think you have to play in week one.

steelpride12
09-07-2009, 07:58 PM
I agree preach, guys with the same injury always seem to come back to early. I say sit at least another week or two. Season is too long to think you have to play in week one.

I agree. The chance of re injury will be alot less too if he just waits a few weeks and gets totally 100% healthy. Plus Fox has done a fine job taking the place of Timmons, he knows the roll of the defense and will hold his own just fine!

mmalone
09-07-2009, 09:13 PM
I agree. The chance of re injury will be alot less too if he just waits a few weeks and gets totally 100% healthy. Plus Fox has done a fine job taking the place of Timmons, he knows the roll of the defense and will hold his own just fine!

Maybe we will have a 21 point lead and help the D this week. that would be sweet..

lets go with that....

:tt:

Psyychoward86
09-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Huuuuuuge opportunity for Fox. And i'm interested to see what he can do at linebacker, and not just special teams.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey, who is backing up Fox since Woods was released???

pancake
09-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Fox can hold down the fort for a few weeks...

Preacher
09-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Hartwig. He can do anything! :chuckle:

Or was that Legursky? :wink02:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Hartwig. He can do anything! :chuckle:

Or was that Legursky? :wink02:

Well....it sure aint Carey Davis, despite "doing everything he was asked". :wink:

Preacher
09-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Well....it sure aint Carey Davis, despite "doing everything he was asked". :wink:

We'll never know... he wasn't asked to play LB!

Galax Steeler
09-08-2009, 03:30 AM

That is a very good question. I have no Idea :noidea:

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 10:00 AM
What a bust!