PDA

View Full Version : revefsreleets............Bruce Arians

markymarc
09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Well it was about time that I break out of my off season hibernation. Last we talked I stated about providing an argument against Bruce Arians. After doing some serious thinking I came to the conclusion that this argument should be put to rest between us 2.

I only say this because you are very much a big supporter of Bruce Arians and I on the other hand can't stand Bruce Arians as an OC. No matter what the Arians haters say that is not going to change your mind or other supporters on how you truly feel about Arians. Of course no matter what the Arians supporters say that will not change how I or others feel about him.

I truly believe that we won the Super Bowl last season despite having a really bad OL and IMO a very bad OC in Arians. No matter what anyone says I feel that our defense and Ben carried us last year. Now the good news is that our OL can only go up. Hopefully Trai Essex at RG will help improve our OL and Hartwig, Kemo, Starks and Colon playing together for another season gets us better too. The other side of the coin is that Arians should be able to improve as well. Whether that happens or not, we will soon find out.

I am not sure if you have ever checked out the website of www.stillers.com. I do check it out during the regular season because it gives a fan's point of view with breaking down each game. Yes I am aware that some of the comments are over the top, but they also point out some good things when breaking down each game and that includes the coaches. Check it out when you have a chance and let me know what you think.

The 2009 regular season is set to begin on Thursday night and we are the defending World Champions. It's time to get the 2009 party started. Now I am aware that the Arians debate will continue in 2009. But no matter what is said on both sides that will not change your or my feelings for Bruce Arians. It is what it is. Here's to an amazing 2009 season and going after ring #7!

The Lakelander
09-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Bogus.

What about the WR's wide open all over the football field?

Tell me the Steelers route runners aren't getting open.

Tell me the Arians offense doesn't create mismatches for defenses across the NFL. (watch what Sweed does to this offense! ... Hines and Santo will be wide open because of Sweed matching up to an elite CB).

Tell me Willie Parker wasn't leading the NFL in rushing in 2007 before going down on the 1st play in Week 16 with a broken leg.

Tell me that in 2007 Ben didn't set a Steelers single season TD record.

Don't tell me the Steelers won in spite of the Bruce Arians offense last year. Bull sh!t!

Because I'll say you aren't really watching the games.

Last year the o-line blew. They were hurt, unseasoned and very pathetic. The offense scored 16 rushing TD's in spite of them! (16 rushing TD's is normal for a Pittsburgh offense but they diod it behind a line that blew.)

Arians is a damn genius! You just don't see it. :chuckle:

cubanstogie
09-08-2009, 12:49 AM
some people will never look at a glass as half full instead of half empty. The fact that a QB excels in a particular offense is partly due to the OC. How much credit to give the OC is up to the individual. To deny Arians any credit is asinine. Third and one, we couldn't convert regularly rushing or throwing. How many times did Carey Davis drop like a cheap hooker on third or fourth and short. A RB needs to get yards after contact, not exactly Arians fault. A good running game makes an OC look like a genius. We didn't have it last year, yet still managed to win.
You stated Ben carried us, that is correct. Why would you want to get rid of Arians when Ben is comfortable in his offense and has a great relationship with the guy. That is half the battle right there. Its not all X's and O's. I was frustrated at times last year with play calling, but you have to take the bad with the good. We had an average FB, below average line, and injured running backs with a third down back starting many games, as far as I am concerned Arians pieced together a pretty good offense with all the obstacles he faced.

Preacher
09-08-2009, 12:55 AM
some people will never look at a glass as half full instead of half empty. The fact that a QB excels in a particular offense is partly due to the OC. How much credit to give the OC is up to the individual. To deny Arians any credit is asinine. Third and one, we couldn't convert regularly rushing or throwing. How many times did Carey Davis drop like a cheap hooker on third or fourth and short. A RB needs to get yards after contact, not exactly Arians fault. A good running game makes an OC look like a genius. We didn't have it last year, yet still managed to win.
You stated Ben carried us, that is correct. Why would you want to get rid of Arians when Ben is comfortable in his offense and has a great relationship with the guy. That is half the battle right there. Its not all X's and O's. I was frustrated at times last year with play calling, but you have to take the bad with the good. We had an average FB, below average line, and injured running backs with a third down back starting many games, as far as I am concerned Arians pieced together a pretty good offense with all the obstacles he faced.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

#1 Big Ben Fan
09-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Arians isn't the worst OC out there. He isn't Bill Walsh either but this team has won with him as the OC. Now he does have calls that drives me nuts at times but every OC the Steelers have had in my lifetime has made calls that drive me nuts.

Its beating a deadhorse really. The Steelers are not going to fire Bruce Arians after the team has won two AFC North Titles and a Super Bowl.

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 10:58 AM
I had a bet with somebody that he'd still be the OC this year...since there are so MANY of these misinformed Arians haters, I can't remember whom exactly it was, and I'm sure they either moved on or have also "forgotten" themselves...

Whatever. I still maintain that there's only one real way to look at this: If you don't like Arians, that's fine, but if you don't ACCEPT Arians, you are REALLY suggesting that the Steelers are stupid and know less about running an offense than you do, because they continue to retain his services. They are the Steelers, it's not like they can't go hire just about anybody else available if they so deigned.

LVSteelersfan
09-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Not an Arians fan by any stretch. BUT, I agree that the players need to execute better on those third and shorts. I wish this team could run screen plays better but they telegraph the heck out of them. That has to be partly the coaching staff's fault and partly the players. I don't think Ben is the best play action QB out there by any stretch. He seems to telegraph what the play is a little too much. That doesn't help much. So Arians, you are the man whether some of us like it or not. Good luck and here's hoping we get back to a top 10 type offense this year.

markymarc
09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I had a bet with somebody that he'd still be the OC this year...since there are so MANY of these misinformed Arians haters, I can't remember whom exactly it was, and I'm sure they either moved on or have also "forgotten" themselves...

Whatever. I still maintain that there's only one real way to look at this: If you don't like Arians, that's fine, but if you don't ACCEPT Arians, you are REALLY suggesting that the Steelers are stupid and know less about running an offense than you do, because they continue to retain his services. They are the Steelers, it's not like they can't go hire just about anybody else available if they so deigned.

Thanks for replying revefsreleets! For the record that bet was not with me :wink02: I was even intelligent enough to realize that Arians would be our OC in 2009. You do know that I am not an Arians fan, but I can accept it since he is part of the Steelers team. Like I said in my original post the offense can only improve from the performance in 2008. Last year is done with and it's time to begin things for 2009. I am not here to begin another Arians debate. I just wanted to send a post out to you because like I said the last time we were going back and forth it was over Arians and I promised a rebuttal. I was trying to keep my word and that was the only reason this thread was generated.

I totally respect your opinion and just wanted to start off again on a positive note. Besides we get to witness the Steelers defend their title on Thursday night against the towel stomping Titans. And just to keep things a little humorous, you do realize that Chan Gailey is available again :chuckle: I look forward to talking Steelers football with you this season. Take care revefsreleets!

shinoff2183
09-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Bogus.

What about the WR's wide open all over the football field?

Tell me the Steelers route runners aren't getting open.

Tell me the Arians offense doesn't create mismatches for defenses across the NFL. (watch what Sweed does to this offense! ... Hines and Santo will be wide open because of Sweed matching up to an elite CB).

Tell me Willie Parker wasn't leading the NFL in rushing in 2007 before going down on the 1st play in Week 16 with a broken leg.

Tell me that in 2007 Ben didn't set a Steelers single season TD record.

Don't tell me the Steelers won in spite of the Bruce Arians offense last year. Bull sh!t!

Because I'll say you aren't really watching the games.

Last year the o-line blew. They were hurt, unseasoned and very pathetic. The offense scored 16 rushing TD's in spite of them! (16 rushing TD's is normal for a Pittsburgh offense but they diod it behind a line that blew.)

Arians is a damn genius! You just don't see it. :chuckle:

With Arians Ive had a love hate thing, but I think you just made me think a little bit and sway me. The only thing im not to fond of still is the damn 3rd and longs and he decides to run it.

revefsreleets
09-08-2009, 01:37 PM
With Arians Ive had a love hate thing, but I think you just made me think a little bit and sway me. The only thing im not to fond of still is the damn 3rd and longs and he decides to run it.That's not an Arians thing, or even a Steeler thing, that's just a football thing. You'll see a lot of teams spread the field on 3rd and long and run a draw or simple screen or something along those lines, and there's a lot of good reasons for that. Sometimes the runner actually breaks a long one off, and it's a lot safer than throwing the ball. Sometimes it's just to manuever for a punt, and often times, if the offense is deep in their own territory, it's just a prudent call to save the possible turn-over and ensuing either cheap score for the opposing D or short field for their offense...

Oh, and, markymark...thanks for being cool and classy about this...

Fire Haley
09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
"Stillers site" - ha ha

Stillmills site is a waste of bandwidth.

It's run by a Pat's fan, you know. It's where all the haters hang out.

shinoff2183
09-08-2009, 01:55 PM
That's not an Arians thing, or even a Steeler thing, that's just a football thing. You'll see a lot of teams spread the field on 3rd and long and run a draw or simple screen or something along those lines, and there's a lot of good reasons for that. Sometimes the runner actually breaks a long one off, and it's a lot safer than throwing the ball. Sometimes it's just to manuever for a punt, and often times, if the offense is deep in their own territory, it's just a prudent call to save the possible turn-over and ensuing either cheap score for the opposing D or short field for their offense...

Oh, and, markymark...thanks for being cool and classy about this...

Yeah thats a good point, I just dont like seeing it but Im not gonna second guess to much stuff this season. I have more to say but I gotta go to work.

Youngstown Steeler
09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Lakelander, once again you hit the nail on the head.

FacemeIke
09-09-2009, 01:45 PM
We ran quite a bit of I formation in the preseason. I hope Arains uses this a lot more during the regular season then he has in the past.

Hammer67
09-09-2009, 01:58 PM
We ran quite a bit of I formation in the preseason. I hope Arains uses this a lot more during the regular season then he has in the past.

Don't bet on it too much. He hates using a FB. I love the Power I, by the way.

SO...the first game hasn't even been played and we ALREADY have an Arians thread!!! YAAYYYYYY!!!!

Let's just rehash the same counterpoints over and over and get nowhere!

:poke:

:argue:

:popcorn:

OneForTheToe
09-09-2009, 02:00 PM
You know I am glad Arians isn't that well respected. All the time under Cowher we were getting our coordinators/ position coaches stolen by another team at the end of the year. Or, in some cases, maybe Cowher was pushing them out? Either way, I believe it is one rarely cited reasons we were just not quite good enough to get over the AFC Championship hump at times . Now, I'm not saying that Tomzack, Kordell and the rest would have been all-pros with the same O'cooridinator. . There was clearly a lack fo talent at the QB level. Similarly, I wouldn't want to keep a bad coordinator or position coach just for continuity, but I still think it was a factor with the QB's and the team as a whole.

scsteeler
09-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Well it was about time that I break out of my off season hibernation. Last we talked I stated about providing an argument against Bruce Arians. After doing some serious thinking I came to the conclusion that this argument should be put to rest between us 2.

I only say this because you are very much a big supporter of Bruce Arians and I on the other hand can't stand Bruce Arians as an OC. No matter what the Arians haters say that is not going to change your mind or other supporters on how you truly feel about Arians. Of course no matter what the Arians supporters say that will not change how I or others feel about him.

I truly believe that we won the Super Bowl last season despite having a really bad OL and IMO a very bad OC in Arians. No matter what anyone says I feel that our defense and Ben carried us last year. Now the good news is that our OL can only go up. Hopefully Trai Essex at RG will help improve our OL and Hartwig, Kemo, Starks and Colon playing together for another season gets us better too. The other side of the coin is that Arians should be able to improve as well. Whether that happens or not, we will soon find out.

I am not sure if you have ever checked out the website of www.stillers.com. I do check it out during the regular season because it gives a fan's point of view with breaking down each game. Yes I am aware that some of the comments are over the top, but they also point out some good things when breaking down each game and that includes the coaches. Check it out when you have a chance and let me know what you think.

The 2009 regular season is set to begin on Thursday night and we are the defending World Champions. It's time to get the 2009 party started. Now I am aware that the Arians debate will continue in 2009. But no matter what is said on both sides that will not change your or my feelings for Bruce Arians. It is what it is. Here's to an amazing 2009 season and going after ring #7!

One thing that I totally agree with that you said is that when someone Hates someone no matter what you say or show as fact or non-fact you will not change their mind. That being said I think Arians does a great job of running the Offense and as stated by someone else the players have a great relationship with him which goes a long way in having a productive offense.

I just think that if Arians implemented another offense Coordinators scheme step by step he would still get some people that like him and others would blame him for everything that goes wrong and give the players credit for making a bad game plan work.

You either Like him or you don't.

revefsreleets
09-09-2009, 02:26 PM
By the way, I do not, by any stretch of the imagination, think Arians is the best OC in the NFL, and I disagree with many of his calls....that isn't, nor was it ever, the point, though...

shutdown
09-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Paint lipstick on a pig all you want, but Arians deserves a healthy slice of that blame pie for why our offense was one of the the top 10 worst in the league and worst ever statistically in superbowl history.

Offensive line this, and offensive line that, but I can only think of 1 genius responsible for asking an offensive line built for power football to stand up and pass block. Bruce Arians has wiped any respectability out of our offense to the point that our QB peforms better when he is NOT receiving calls from Arians.

While there have been nothing but vague opinions, ive yet to see a list of Bruce Arians accomplishments so far here in Pittsburgh. Yet if you look at the numbers you see a decline. Please someone tell me what identity this offense has? Bring something to the table other than "well, uh duh, I think hes good, and the steelers do no wrong, so he has to be good"

The sad part about it is, there is a good possibility that the numbers will improve this year because of the special team weapons in place and strength of schedule.

And I am not saying Arians needs to be a Bill Walsh or anything of the sort. I just honestly believe he can be ALOT more productive with this unit than he is. He has come off as nothing but a very arrogant person, who's being constantly criticized and cannot take it. How is this pompous ass going to improve, if he refuses to listen? It took a closed door sit down with Tomlin late last season to initiate even some change in him.

OneForTheToe
09-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Paint lipstick on a pig all you want, but Arians deserves a healthy slice of that blame pie for why our offense was one of the the top 10 worst in the league and worst ever statistically in superbowl history.

And how did the 21 teams that had offenses ranked above the Steelers fair last year?

While there have been nothing but vague opinions, ive yet to see a list of Bruce Arians accomplishments so far here in Pittsburgh.

I'd say Lombardi Trophy, but I'm guessing you are speaking of fantasy football numbers.

The sad part about it is, there is a good possibility that the numbers will improve this year because of the special team weapons in place and strength of schedule.

Your a Steelers' fan, but it is sad if we get better. Ok.

. How is this pompous ass going to improve, if he refuses to listen?
Listen to who exactly? The myriad of "I could do a better job if i was the coach" fair weather coach wanabees.

It took a closed door sit down with Tomlin late last season to initiate even some change in him.

I'm sorry were you there. Does Tomlin Twitter you?

I'll be happy if we stick with Arians, but I'm sure the Steelers will be happy to consider your resume.

Pittsburgh Steelers
3400 South Water Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203

Also, I am sorry Arians ruined your fantasy football league.

mmalone
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
While there have been nothing but vague opinions, ive yet to see a list of Bruce Arians accomplishments so far here in Pittsburgh. Yet if you look at the numbers you see a decline. Please someone tell me what identity this offense has? Bring something to the table other than "well, uh duh, I think hes good, and the steelers do no wrong, so he has to be good".

if this paragraph was the thread starter ... there would be no posts......

no one has ever posted one great accomplishment yet...

other than, we won the super bowl. be quite and send in your resume...:noidea:

:tt::tt:

We have the best team of players in the NFL of course we won the Super Bowl....

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

still dont know what the big OC did......

i heard he changed some of the wisenhut play book ....

shutdown
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
And how did the 21 teams that had offenses ranked above the Steelers fair last year?

I am sure they didnt have the leagues best defenses to ride the coat tails of.

I'd say Lombardi Trophy, but I'm guessing you are speaking of fantasy football numbers.

Piss poor response. Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino. With your ignorant logic...yes!

Playing stupid or did that point really fly that far over your head?

Listen to who exactly? The myriad of "I could do a better job if i was the coach" fair weather coach wanabees.

You know whats worse? A fair weathered bandwagoner who honestly believes their team can't do no wrong. I don't want to break your feeble little heart, but the Steelers have made mistakes in the past.

I'm sorry were you there. Does Tomlin Twitter you? Yes, I was there...... and if you're curious tomlins twitter can be found at twitter.com/actingstupidisthecoolwaytoreply

I am sorry if I insulted your sheepish ways. You're right, everything the Steelers does is gospel. Our offense was the best in the league and it has an identity. Shame on be for believing Arians could do better! What was I thinking!

shutdown
09-09-2009, 04:32 PM
other than, we won the super bowl. be quite and send in your resume...

So did Trent Dilfer, should we lock him up for the HOF?

Wait I got it! Bruce Davis, next defensive MVP? Amiright?

Seriously, its not rocket science, I know you've got your homer goggles on tight and believe there is no wrong here, but teams can win in spite of something else.

Isnt it ironic that the offense was more effective last season when Ben was in the nohuddle calling the plays?

shutdown
09-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Wait before you respond, I know what you're going to say.

WE WON A SUPERBOWL SO THAT MAKES BRUCE ARIANS THE NEXT BILL WALSH.

Ok, im moving on then. I did not know that...

markymarc
09-09-2009, 04:37 PM
By the way, I do not, by any stretch of the imagination, think Arians is the best OC in the NFL, and I disagree with many of his calls....that isn't, nor was it ever, the point, though...

I did want to ask you a few things about the game tomorrow night. How do you think Arians will approach the game to attack the Titan's defense? Do you see us being more balanced with running and passing? Also, could you see Arians come out and focus on throwing the ball more? This is 1 thing I am very interested with the game tomorrow. To see how he attacks their defense.

markymarc
09-09-2009, 04:43 PM
SO...the first game hasn't even been played and we ALREADY have an Arians thread!!! YAAYYYYYY!!!!

This thread was started for 1 reason only and it had nothing to do with bashing Arians. It goes back to something revefsreleets and I was discussing in the off season from a previous Arians thread. I recently came back here and wanted to keep my word with him on the old thread. My intentions are not what you and all the other "sensitive" Arians supporters are thinking. So take a breath and relax.

X-Terminator
09-09-2009, 06:51 PM
This thread was started for 1 reason only and it had nothing to do with bashing Arians. It goes back to something revefsreleets and I was discussing in the off season from a previous Arians thread. I recently came back here and wanted to keep my word with him on the old thread. My intentions are not what you and all the other "sensitive" Arians supporters are thinking. So take a breath and relax.

Yeah, but even though you had good intentions, you should have known that certain people wouldn't resist the temptation to turn it into yet ANOTHER Arians bashing thread. Therefore, you should have just not even bothered or have taken it to PM. Has nothing to do with sensitivity, just common sense, along with the fact that we've had too many of these threads already.

HometownGal
09-09-2009, 07:04 PM

I'm sorry were you there. Does Tomlin Twitter you?

I'll be happy if we stick with Arians, but I'm sure the Steelers will be happy to consider your resume.

Pittsburgh Steelers
3400 South Water Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203

Also, I am sorry Arians ruined your fantasy football league.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

And might I add . . .

http://blogs.smh.com.au/mashup/images/applause.gif

Offensive line this, and offensive line that, but I can only think of 1 genius responsible for asking an offensive line built for power football to stand up and pass block. Bruce Arians has wiped any respectability out of our offense to the point that our QB peforms better when he is NOT receiving calls from Arians.

Gee - I didn't know that BA was responsible for the play of the OL. :banging: Don't know what games you watch, but our OL is NOT solely built for "power football". Did it ever occur to you that if Tomlin felt our OL couldn't handle pass blocking, they sure as hell wouldn't be here? :doh:

And to reiterate . . .

Pittsburgh Steelers
3400 South Water Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203

HometownGal
09-09-2009, 07:07 PM
i heard he changed some of the wisenhut play book ....

Whelp - the Steelers FO must be happy with their decision to hire Arians over Whisenhunt who received an interview - but not an offer - from the Steelers.

fansince'76
09-09-2009, 07:08 PM

Gee - I didn't know that BA was responsible for the play of the OL. :banging: Don't know what games you watch, but our OL is NOT solely built for "power football". Did it ever occur to you that if Tomlin felt our OL couldn't handle pass blocking, they sure as hell wouldn't be here? :doh:

Exactly. Built for power football? Is that why we got stoned at the goal line time after time after time last year? Is that why our RBs, regardless of who they are, get hit 2-3 yards deep in the backfield time after time after time? Of course, that was Arians' fault too, because he sucks.

Same old shit, different year. Gets old. :coffee:

steelpride12
09-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Exactly. Built for power football? Is that why we got stoned at the goal line time after time after time last year? Is that why our RBs, regardless of who they are, get hit in the 2-3 yards in the backfield time after tim after time? Of course, that was Arians' fault too, because he sucks.

Same old shit, different year. Gets old. :coffee:

exactly why I refrain from even posting in the dis Arians threads anymore. Hey look his playcalling won us a Super Bowl, Still not good enough. I give up.

shutdown
09-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Gee - I didn't know that BA was responsible for the play of the OL. :banging: Don't know what games you watch, but our OL is NOT solely built for "power football". Did it ever occur to you that if Tomlin felt our OL couldn't handle pass blocking, they sure as hell wouldn't be here?

Wow an actual response besides "we won a superbowl thus it legitimizes every individual on the team". Still mixed in with a little stupid talk, but we can scrape that off to the side to see your point.

Our offensive line was built to run the Football. How many people on that offensive line was drafted during the Tomlin era? Not many. These were Cowher's boys, and Cowher was about running the football.

Blame the line all you want, but not much changed from 03 to 04 except Coordinators and our success running the Football.

Blame the line all you want, but not much changed from 06 to 08 except Coordinators and the decline of running the Football.

But you're right little missy, getting rid of our best run blockers (kreider and tuman) for finesse skilled players like (davis and speath, two of our WORST run blockers), really help your running game.

Continue to blame the offensive line though, you're right Arians has nothing to do with why our offense is non productive.

Maybe if I follow suit and repeat "but we won the superbowl" a thousand times, I might feel a bit better about it to... but i prefer to telling it like it is.

While its not the end of the world, your ignorance is amusing. I know you want to tell yourselves he does no wrong, the fact is this offense is one of the worst in the league. It was bailed out countless times by this defense.

We were all saying the same thing after the 07 season, "it can only get better from here", but in reality it got worse. No one thought Ben could get sacked that many times a second season and he did. No one though our offense could be that worse, but it was. So here we all are now, trying to convince ourselves of the same thing. That things will magically get better. And hell with special teams in place, the defense still bailing us out, and an easy schedule, who knows maybe our numbers will be above par. But deep down inside we all know Arians can do alot better with this talent. You sheep just dont want to admit it.

X-Terminator
09-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Yep, looks like we got another one here...

shutdown
09-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Yep, looks like we got another one here...

Insightful. :applaudit:

steelpride12
09-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Keep wasting your time....blahh blahh blahh

revefsreleets
09-09-2009, 07:58 PM
I did want to ask you a few things about the game tomorrow night. How do you think Arians will approach the game to attack the Titan's defense? Do you see us being more balanced with running and passing? Also, could you see Arians come out and focus on throwing the ball more? This is 1 thing I am very interested with the game tomorrow. To see how he attacks their defense.

Honestly? I have no idea...that's the beauty of all this. I consider myself pretty well informed and am a student of the game, but at this level? Uh uh...no idea...he's had hundreds of hours of film to watch, and will be very well prepared.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say the Steelers will come out running with Parker. It's a statement type game, and THAT would make a statement. But I have no idea...

shutdown
09-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Honestly? I have no idea...that's the beauty of all this. I consider myself pretty well informed and am a student of the game, but at this level? Uh uh...no idea...he's had hundreds of hours of film to watch, and will be very well prepared.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say the Steelers will come out running with Parker. It's a statement type game, and THAT would make a statement. But I have no idea...

Thats a safe assumption. When Willie is healthy he can be a really solid between the tackles runner, just look at the San Diego game.

Though Haynesworth didn't even play last time we saw TEN, I think we'll should try and test the middle, and get it going from there.

shutdown
09-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Keep wasting your time....blahh blahh blahh

Talking to sheep like you is a waste of time. But thats what work is for, wasting time. ;)

steelpride12
09-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Talking to sheep like you is a waste of time. But thats what work is for, wasting time. ;)

Good man:drink: Just gotta say the annoyingness of the hating Arians for 2 straight seasons has reached its max.

SteelTalons
09-09-2009, 08:10 PM

:frustrate:fingers:

The Lakelander
09-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Can I post a spreadsheet on these boards? If so ... how?

HometownGal
09-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Wow an actual response besides "we won a superbowl thus it legitimizes every individual on the team". Still mixed in with a little stupid talk, but we can scrape that off to the side to see your point.

Our offensive line was built to run the Football. How many people on that offensive line was drafted during the Tomlin era? Not many. These were Cowher's boys, and Cowher was about running the football.

Blame the line all you want, but not much changed from 03 to 04 except Coordinators and our success running the Football.

Blame the line all you want, but not much changed from 06 to 08 except Coordinators and the decline of running the Football.

But you're right little missy, getting rid of our best run blockers (kreider and tuman) for finesse skilled players like (davis and speath, two of our WORST run blockers), really help your running game.

Continue to blame the offensive line though, you're right Arians has nothing to do with why our offense is non productive.

Maybe if I follow suit and repeat "but we won the superbowl" a thousand times, I might feel a bit better about it to... but i prefer to telling it like it is.

While its not the end of the world, your ignorance is amusing. I know you want to tell yourselves he does no wrong, the fact is this offense is one of the worst in the league. It was bailed out countless times by this defense.

We were all saying the same thing after the 07 season, "it can only get better from here", but in reality it got worse. No one thought Ben could get sacked that many times a second season and he did. No one though our offense could be that worse, but it was. So here we all are now, trying to convince ourselves of the same thing. That things will magically get better. And hell with special teams in place, the defense still bailing us out, and an easy schedule, who knows maybe our numbers will be above par. But deep down inside we all know Arians can do alot better with this talent. You sheep just dont want to admit it.

Well - my "ignorance" isn't going to be very amusing to you, but it CAN and WILL lower the ban hammer. :mallet::banned: Enjoy your vacation pal. :wave: When your little hiatus is up, I suggest you read the board COC and follow the very simple rules around here.

Preacher
09-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Okay... first... that condescending trash posted here, I should just keep quite and await HTG's :buttkick: of you. But there are too many other fallacies here.

Yep... and led us right back to another AFCCG loss. Oh the joy! The love! Wooohooo. Second best! Least we were second best with a good offense!

The big changed happened when? Not 2007, not 2008. It happened in 2006. Let's say that again. In 2006 WHEN COWHER, WHIZ, and RUSS GRIMM were the coaches. Now. That was the last year Hartings played. When he quit... Where was the vaunted Whiz Grimm power running Center? He GOT CUT... not just from our team, BUT BY GRIMM AND WHIZ. Great Job Grimm getting us a good backup at center! Our LG decided to play headgames and disrupted the entire line. Our left tackle had a screwed up back that would force him to retire two years later.

But you're right little missy, getting rid of our best run blockers (kreider and tuman) for finesse skilled players like (davis and speath, two of our WORST run blockers), really help your running game. Wow... we should have held on to Kreider, even though he was picked up and again cut by the RAMS. Eventually he went to the Cards. Any guesses on how long he'll be there? Half a season? A full season at the most? he was OLD for a FB. Lester was released at about the SAME AGE.

and I guess our offensive line not being able to block-- Starks being inconsistent at best, AND finally having to replace an ailing LT, Kemo being the first year starter... Hartwig being the worst starting center in the NFL last year, Stapleton being thrust into starting at RG, and Colon having to cover for stapleton all have NOTHING to do with Arains playcalling right? They all knew the entire playbook, was able to execute it on the spot, and could do anything asked right?

I would prefer you tell it like it is too... instead of repreating the mantra... Arains Sucks... Arians Sucks. Telling it like it is means you don't speak in broad terms or paint big brushstrokes. it means you speak specifically to each issue and allow for, and actually accept extenuating circumstances and other viarables.
It is easier to paint in those broad brush strokes, but I like to "tell it like it is"

Arrogant much?

No one doubts the offense has room to improve. The argument is that their improvement has to be done on the field... not in the coordinator. "Just telling it like it is"

We were all saying the same thing after the 07 season, "it can only get better from here", but in reality it got worse. No one thought Ben could get sacked that many times a second season and he did.
Speaking of ignorance. that was the THIRD season. Which shows cracks in the O line from Whiz and Grimm's time. Something that Tomlin and Arians has had to FIX-- so that we can actually win SB's by something more than just trick plays.

No one though our offense could be that worse, but it was.
Round and round we go on the merry go around. WHY... LT INJURY/NEW STARTER. LG. NEW STARTER. C. NEW STARTER RG. INJURY/NEW STARTER.

Sorry, "I am just telling it like it is."

So here we all are now, trying to convince ourselves of the same thing. That things will magically get better. And hell with special teams in place, the defense still bailing us out, and an easy schedule, who knows maybe our numbers will be above par. But deep down inside we all know Arians can do alot better with this talent. [/quote]
Sure can.. ESPECIALLY without injuries this year not only to the above mentioned, but to our top two RB's, and QB.

You sheep just dont want to admit it.

Sheep? Oh, you mean the sheep that keep bleating "Arians Sucks Arians Sucks"

Sorry, Just "telling it like it is."

Preacher
09-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Well - my "ignorance" isn't going to be very amusing to you, but it CAN and WILL lower the ban hammer. :mallet::banned: Enjoy your vacation pal. :wave: When your little hiatus is up, I suggest you read the board COC and follow the very simple rules around here.

DANG IT HTG! Just a little too quick on the hammer?!?!

X-Terminator
09-09-2009, 08:30 PM
DANG IT HTG! Just a little too quick on the hammer?!?!

So she should just allow anyone to come on here and be deliberately insulting to moderators? Nope, I think not. It's shutdown's fault he decided to press the...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:2bW2lay_lhtUhM:http://chicgalleria.com/wellness/uploads/selfdestruct.jpg

...NOT HTG's.

HometownGal
09-09-2009, 08:36 PM
So she should just allow anyone to come on here and be deliberately insulting to moderators? Nope, I think not. It's shutdown's fault he decided to press the...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:2bW2lay_lhtUhM:http://chicgalleria.com/wellness/uploads/selfdestruct.jpg

...NOT HTG's.

It's all good, XT. Preacher was just kiddin' around. I'm sure the object of our *choke* *cough* affections will be reading this thread from the outside looking in.

Texasteel
09-09-2009, 08:58 PM
I believe that the sheep in this situation are the ones that think getting rid of BA will cure all our blocking problem.

Preacher
09-09-2009, 09:03 PM

...NOT HTG's.

It's all good, XT. Preacher was just kiddin' around. I'm sure the object of our *choke* *cough* affections will be reading this thread from the outside looking in.

Thanks HTG...

That is exactly how I meant it. You are right.

In other words, you got the ban out before I could get my response in !!! :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
09-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks HTG...

That is exactly how I meant it. You are right.

In other words, you got the ban out before I could get my response in !!! :thumbsup:

Sorry Preach. We really, REALLY need a sarcasm smiley!

Preacher
09-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Sorry Preach. We really, REALLY need a sarcasm smiley!

:chuckle:

No problem!

billybob
09-09-2009, 10:31 PM
steelers rule , bottom line . mach 5 and all...........:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

xbroughneck
09-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Whatever. I still maintain that there's only one real way to look at this: If you don't like Arians, that's fine, but if you don't ACCEPT Arians, you are REALLY suggesting that the Steelers are stupid and know less about running an offense than you do, because they continue to retain his services.

Oh, I'll concede. I've changed my signature. Not because I don't think the Steelers could win with a different style of football, but because I think we have an OVERALL grade A coaching staff that I will trust.

It's funny that some would argue the "look what he had to work with" argument for some things but totally ignore that argument for other things. Not pointing out anyone in particular. :applaudit:

OneForTheToe
09-10-2009, 02:14 AM
I was going to respond until I read HTG's footprint kicking his ass out.:applaudit: So, now it's not necessary. He'll have to share his "genius" elsewhere. :doh:

Who's this guy think he is since he claims to have been at a meeting between Tomlin and Arians? Obviously, he is making it up. Of course, he could be Larry Zeiring and accidentally got redirected here from "Naughty Housewives of Cheboygan Michigan. com"

I like to make fun of Larry's little porn phopaw, but for the record, I'd like to point out that Larry is a former Marine who did a tour of duty in Vietnam . So for that Larry::usa: :salute:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-10-2009, 07:55 AM
steelers rule , bottom line . mach 5 and all...........:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Hey Billybob....since Stapleton has been replaced, should we more accurately call it the Mach 5.1? :noidea:

revefsreleets
09-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Doh! Banned!
http://mooreslore.corante.com/archives/images/homer%20simpson.gif

Still, I must say I feel all warm and fuzzy inside because my pseudonym was mentioned in the thread title...

markymarc
09-10-2009, 05:34 PM

I could see us running FWP hard tonight especially since it's an opening game and he usually fairs well in them. I also would not be surprised to see us come out and throw the football a lot tonight. No matter what we do it will be fun to finally watch a "real" game again!