PDA

View Full Version : Stefan Logan Over/Under KO Td's 2

Carolina Steelers
09-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I havent been this excited since Randle EL was returning punts. I know it was only preseason but when im watching him its like he can take one to the house at any time. I say over he'll take 3 to the house. 2 in a season is the record

Steel Head
09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
kickoffs or punts?

he's more likely to score on punt returns

scsteeler
09-08-2009, 04:23 PM
If he can get 27 yards a punt return I am excited. I think logan will greatly enhance our return game he seems to have a natural knack for it.

mmalone
09-08-2009, 04:32 PM
If he can get 27 yards a punt return I am excited. I think logan will greatly enhance our return game he seems to have a natural knack for it.

The combo in yards gained between Logan and Sep.. should allow us to control the field nicely.

and that is a sweet reality.

Blitzburgh 34
09-08-2009, 04:41 PM
He'll have 2 or more KR/PR TDs this year IMO.

Preacher
09-08-2009, 04:57 PM
The combo in yards gained between Logan and Sep.. should allow us to control the field nicely.

and that is a sweet reality.
That combination has me thinking complete dominance. If our line is truly AVERAGE this year... I don't see anything that can stop us.

steelpride12
09-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Well since Holmes still might return Punts his best chance is on the KO.
Any positive yardage would be nice because these last few years have just been horrible for our return game, so im defidentally excited for this young kid to stamp his name in the NFL!

Hines0wnz
09-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Just kickoffs? I think he will get 2 or 3. There is finally some excitement in the return game!

slippy
09-08-2009, 06:56 PM
i don't want santonio returning punts. let logan or wallace do it.

SteelC7
09-08-2009, 07:07 PM
with our defense shutting ppl down and forcing 3 and outs all the time, he should get alot of oppurtunities to return punts, 3 TDS this year

pancake
09-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm taking the over!!!

Sharkissle29
09-08-2009, 07:24 PM
im goin over.....5.....a devon hester (when he was legit) type year

Psyychoward86
09-08-2009, 07:42 PM
He could very well have a significant role in helping us beat the Titans if we win.

The Duke
09-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I'll say 2

but his return average should he in the 30's/high 20's. And that alone should help the offense a lot :thumbsup:

Steelboy84
09-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Over definitely. Ben will have shorter fields to work with this year, this means we should put up more points, and that will make our defense that much better too.

Steel Head
09-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Well since Holmes still might return Punts his best chance is on the KO.

nah, Holmes may occasionally return a punt but Logan is our guy.

and like i said, he is more likely to score on punt returns

MongoSteeler
09-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Holmes may want to return punts but I doubt that Tomlin wants him to. Anything over 10 yards per return is GREAT and a score or 2 is just icing on the cake. Joystick is going to have a fantastic year and bring the crowd to its feet every time he touches the ball.

Youngstown Steeler
09-09-2009, 10:51 AM
I say 3 punt returns and 1 kickoff return for touchdowns. Plus a whole lot that he just missed taking to the house. Bring on the next team.

Venom
09-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I would say 3 . Also , not to mention a few to mid field . Can you imagine giving Big Ben a short field 2-3 times a game ? Wow

HometownGal
09-09-2009, 11:05 AM
i don't want santonio returning punts. let logan or wallace do it.

Agreed. Why risk injury to one of Ben's most viable and reliable targets?

I say Logan takes 2, possibly 3 to the house this season. It's a great feeling having an above-average K/PR on the roster! :tt02::applaudit:

Kvnfaber
09-09-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm just looking forward to starting out past the 20 yd. line on KO returns and some electricity on PR's. I'll take any extra he can give. As long as ball security is his number one priority!

Kvnfaber
09-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Bottom line is, coming off a championship year, our Special Teams unit has improved by leaps and bounds! I was reviewing the tennesee game last year and noticed KO return averages of less than 20 yards per and thought of what a difference maker Logan can be for us this year!

mmalone
09-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Bottom line is, coming off a championship year, our Special Teams unit has improved by leaps and bounds! I was reviewing the tennesee game last year and noticed KO return averages of less than 20 yards per and thought of what a difference maker Logan can be for us this year!

honeslty, if we pick up better field position via the punt or punt returns this year by 50% we will be in great shape.

sharkweek
09-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Over definitely. Ben will have shorter fields to work with this year, this means we should put up more points, and that will make our defense that much better too.

shorter fields would most likely spell quicker scores which means our D could be on the field longer which is a bad thing

of course if we can score quick and get a comfortable lead, we can just run a shut down offense and pound the ball away to kill the clock

markymarc
09-09-2009, 04:06 PM
I will go with Stefan Logan getting 4 TDs for punt and kickoff returns this year. Even if he doesn't get any TDs at the very least he gives our offense great starting field position.

mmalone
09-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I will go with Stefan Logan getting 4 TDs for punt and kickoff returns this year. Even if he doesn't get any TDs at the very least he gives our offense great starting field position.

i hope arians puts him in the backfield a few times a game to mix things up...

get him another td during the year.

warddj86
09-09-2009, 04:15 PM
more, if that includes punts

markymarc
09-09-2009, 04:45 PM
i hope arians puts him in the backfield a few times a game to mix things up...

get him another td during the year.

Actually I wouldn't mind a few reverses and end arounds with Logan. Use some things to keep the defense guessing!

Preacher
09-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Actually I wouldn't mind a few reverses and end arounds with Logan. Use some things to keep the defense guessing!

Only problem with that... is that we actually have to put on the field in pass plays as well. With his inability to catch a ball right now, that limits the targets for our QB.

otherwise, every time he touches the field, it automatically signals a reverse or end around.

steelreserve
09-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Only problem with that... is that we actually have to put on the field in pass plays as well. With his inability to catch a ball right now, that limits the targets for our QB.

otherwise, every time he touches the field, it automatically signals a reverse or end around.

Or a fake. Using him as a decoy can still take a defender or two out of the picture, so it's not like we'd be playing totally shorthanded.

Still, I agree, until he shows he can be a legitimate threat, his role in the offense is pretty limited.

Preacher
09-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Or a fake. Using him as a decoy can still take a defender or two out of the picture, so it's not like we'd be playing totally shorthanded.

Still, I agree, until he shows he can be a legitimate threat, his role in the offense is pretty limited.

Too true. And yeah, i think you got my general point there too!

mmalone
09-09-2009, 05:26 PM

logan he cant catch?? i thought he had thousands of all purpose yards in the CFL.

or did he drop one pass in pre-season so he is no good??

kinda like holmes missed one in the left corner of the end zone...

then the next play he caught one in the right corner to win the SB.

lucky we kept the faith in him....

Preacher
09-09-2009, 05:48 PM
logan he cant catch?? i thought he had thousands of all purpose yards in the CFL.

or did he drop one pass in pre-season so he is no good??

kinda like holmes missed one in the left corner of the end zone...

then the next play he caught one in the right corner to win the SB.

lucky we kept the faith in him....

No. Supposedly according to the coaches, he is having a hard time catching the ball as a receiver.

So yeah, as of right now, he supposedly isn't that good of a receiver. No problem. Send him on short routes, end arounds, and screen passes for now.

steelpride12
09-09-2009, 05:52 PM
No. Supposedly according to the coaches, he is having a hard time catching the ball as a receiver.

So yeah, as of right now, he supposedly isn't that good of a receiver. No problem. Send him on short routes, end arounds, and screen passes for now.

We have depth at the wide reciever position anyway so i wasn't expecting much from this kid already at least. With Ward, Holmes, Sweed, Wallace, and Macdonald I didn't think so. But end around and screen passes he would be deadly.:drink:

Preacher
09-09-2009, 06:30 PM
We have depth at the wide reciever position anyway so i wasn't expecting much from this kid already at least. With Ward, Holmes, Sweed, Wallace, and Macdonald I didn't think so. But end around and screen passes he would be deadly.:drink:

and as SR pointed out... do a few of those with him. Then bring him on the field and throw it deep to Holmes... the defense will have to freeze to watch him first...