PDA

View Full Version : THE OFFICIAL TUESDAY NIGHT "WHAT I WILL BE LOOKING FOR EARLY ON" THREAD

Steelboy84
09-08-2009, 08:07 PM
So, what will you be looking for early on?

What I will be looking for:

offensive line- We have a $100 million QB and ranked 23rd last year in the rushing department. We need to keep Ben upright and block for our backs, especially Willie!

return game- Stefan Logan shined for us in the preseason, and I'm looking forward to his effectiveness early on in the opening game on both kickoff return and punt return.

Limas Sweed- In my opinion, Sweed will be the wildcard for us on offense this year. He had a real good preseason, now it needs to carry over into the regular season. We need him to make those big catches and provide a real third option for Ben in the receiving core.

Bruce Arians play calling- let's see will his play calling improve this year and how he will do after we get some "big plays". His play calling after big plays last year was horrendous. We need to see improvement. Also, there is talk about us going more to the screen game this season. If any Steelers fans remember, we used to be the best screen team in the league. What this does is take pressure off of Ben and open up our offense more.

Sense of urgency- I believe Mike Tomlin will do a better job than Bill Cowher with coming off a SB title. He is more of a disciplinarian and I'm pretty sure he has gotten the message across that LAST SEASON IS OVER! We need to come out firing on all cylinders and start the season off with a huge win at home!

:tt03: :tt: :drink: :thumbsup:

pancake
09-08-2009, 08:13 PM
A win!!!!! :applaudit:

steelpride12
09-08-2009, 08:13 PM
All I ask for is that the OL shows up and plays an OK game. That ultimately gives FWP running room to break out big against the tough defense, and the play action for Big Ben works as well.
Limas Sweeds turn to shine and see how much he has improved since that huge drop last season against the Ravens in the playoffs for an easy TD.
Our ST defense has always been good, but now we have excellent return man on kickoffs and punts so im excited to see our starting field position compared to last season.

Finally now that Sep is back and after a season with two horrible punters im excited to watch this youngster pin the offenses deep in their zone and watch our defense prevail.

Sharkissle29
09-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I am interested in seeing logan on special teams, sweed, wallace, and how we implement mendenhall in the offense.

stillers4me
09-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I'll be looking at how beautiful the city of Pittsburgh and Heinz Field look on my new 46" LED TV!

pancake
09-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I will be waiting for Tenn to run a trick play and I hope the D is not fooled...

StainlessStill
09-08-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm looking for a fast start from the get go. I'm eager to see the running game, and how the offensive line does in their first test of the season, as it is a tough one. I'm eager to see our pass rush, and of course, that swarming defense that we are so famous for. I'm looking for a nice controlled, clock game, a feared return game and more importantly, consistency, timing, and BIG, BIG, BIG HITS, all which should result in a W!

JackHammer
09-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm looking for Keyaron Fox to have a busy night. He's gonna have to rack up some tackles because they'll be running right at him. I'm guessing the D won't miss a beat with Timmons sidelined, and that's definitely not a knock on Timmons. I like the confidence Tomlin has in Fox, and I like the fact that he's a co-captain. More than anything else, I like the guys who are gonna be surrounding him on D.

arge5809
09-08-2009, 09:20 PM
I would like to see a fast start by the offense and then keep racking up the points...

I can't wait to see how well Logan does in a real game...

I would also like to see the season sack record be re-adjusted ... again!!

:tt02:

And of course... lots of @$$ kicking by the Defense... :kick:

tyler289
09-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm just happy to see the black and gold on my TV again.

Steelboy84
09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I won't be able to sleep tonight and its only Tuesday!

Steel_Bus_24
09-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Running game....

If we can't run the ball better then we did last year, we'll have to hope our D perform out of their minds to keep us in games

Id rather not put that much pressure on them again considering the Os we play this year

Steelboy84
09-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Running game....

If we can't run the ball better then we did last year, we'll have to hope our D perform out of their minds to keep us in games

Id rather not put that much pressure on them again considering the Os we play this year

Yes, I agree. That running game is crucial for another title run.

:drink:

Edman
09-08-2009, 10:10 PM
-How the Offensive Line responds to Jason Jones who had a breakout game last year.
-How the Defense (Fox especially) handles "Dash n Flubber Fat".
-How Tomlin prepares this team in their first game after winning XLIII. Will he mail it like Cowher or show he wants more?
-How the TEAM responds after winning XLIII.

Steelboy84
09-08-2009, 10:14 PM
-How the Offensive Line responds to Jason Jones who had a breakout game last year.
-How the Defense (Fox especially) handles "Dash n Flubber Fat".
-How Tomlin prepares this team in their first game after winning XLIII. Will he mail it like Cowher or show he wants more?
-How the TEAM responds after winning XLIII.

"flubber fat"

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, that owns!

:rofl:

shinoff2183
09-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Ill be watching out for the oline, ward(not in a bad way,just to see how well hes doing), sweed, and logan.
I cant wait for this.

mmalone
09-09-2009, 05:13 AM
His play calling after big plays last year was horrendous. We need to see improvement.

Also, there is talk about us going more to the screen game this season. If any Steelers fans remember, we used to be the best screen team in the league. What this does is take pressure off of Ben and open up our offense more.

these are the two things that irk me the most of the big BA...
if he fixes this this year i will not be so anti arians...

if you go over the games and see the plays called after a 15 yard penalty and a first down, heath for 19 yards, holmes for 35, any big moment to shift energy and back the D up quickly. i swear BA calls a run up the middle. almost like ... hold on... i need time to think..... do the parker play, ok. ..... thats the stuff that kills me...

then bring back the screens and quick short passes... please BA.

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Texasteel
09-09-2009, 06:31 AM
White limping off the field.

The Lakelander
09-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Running game....

I agree but I am not overly concerned.

I think our running game will resemble 2007's more than it will 2008's.

In 2007 under Arians the running game finished 3rd in the NFL in attempts and yardage.

It could actually be even better because we've upgraded at Center, FB and H-back since the 2007 campaign. And we have a better group of RB's by far than in 2007.

So I look for the Steelers to be able to run the football with a great deal of success this year.

Also, it's pretty certain at this point that our special teams (punts and returns) will go a long way to take more pressure off the defense as well.

IamTheSteelGod
09-09-2009, 07:24 AM
I want to see a stupidly, one sided, scoring game. Something along the lines of, oh I dont know.... 35-0:tt02::tt02::tt02:

And revenge for towel stompage!!!:helmet:

steelpride12
09-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Also I would love to see if the Steelers will finally start utilizing their screen game. They worked on it and showed it many times during preseason and usually was a nice chunk of yards with around 5-6. If the Steelers could successfully start using the screen passes that would open the defense up for play action and watch out Ben going deep.

#1LambertFan
09-09-2009, 08:21 AM
I-FORM BABY!!! I can't wait to see us run a fullback again. I think Summers will help us step up both our running and passing game.:tt02:

markymarc
09-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Here are a few things I will be looking for tomorrow night:

1. The OL opening up running lanes for FWP and Mendenhall
2. The OL being able to protect Ben when passing
3. Our defense shutting down the Titans rushing attack
4. Kerry Collins getting sacked at least 3 times
5. Stefan Logan taking 1 to the house!

spyboots
09-09-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm also hoping our ST can tackle opponents'KO and punt returns now that Madison is gone. (and that we won't be punting too often).

sherlock
09-09-2009, 03:20 PM
I'll be looking at how beautiful the city of Pittsburgh and Heinz Field look on my new 46" LED TV!

I`ve just bought a new hd TV as well.....only yours is 6 inches bigger than mine...the TV that is!!:chuckle:
Looking for a Steelers win and that Clark,Silverback,or anyone else for that matter puts one on LenDale White...the mug:mad:

1st&Goal
09-09-2009, 03:32 PM
A bunch of 3 and outs for the Titans. A rest period for our defense lasting the entire 3rd quarter. The fear of God in Collin's eyes as Silverback crushes in on him. A few turnovers by the Titans.

Kvnfaber
09-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I`ve just bought a new hd TV as well.....only yours is 6 inches bigger than mine...the TV that is!!:chuckle:
Looking for a Steelers win and that Clark,Silverback,or anyone else for that matter puts one on LenDale White...the mug:mad:

Haha

I'm looking for a consistent and smart performance by Big Ben, and a vastly improved special teams unit. Of course, I am also expecting our defense to dominate!

Steelboy84
09-09-2009, 05:25 PM
these are the two things that irk me the most of the big BA...
if he fixes this this year i will not be so anti arians...

if you go over the games and see the plays called after a 15 yard penalty and a first down, heath for 19 yards, holmes for 35, any big moment to shift energy and back the D up quickly. i swear BA calls a run up the middle. almost like ... hold on... i need time to think..... do the parker play, ok. ..... thats the stuff that kills me...

then bring back the screens and quick short passes... please BA.

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Very cool. I agree.

Steelboy84
09-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Also I would love to see if the Steelers will finally start utilizing their screen game. They worked on it and showed it many times during preseason and usually was a nice chunk of yards with around 5-6. If the Steelers could successfully start using the screen passes that would open the defense up for play action and watch out Ben going deep.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Fire Haley
09-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Pepperoni pizza with extra cheeze and olives.

And beer...

VolatileMan
09-09-2009, 06:07 PM
1- The effect (on both sides of the ball) our rejuvenated Special Teams play has on FIELD POSITION!! I honestly believe this was our biggest liability (that we had to overcome) last year.

2- PLAY CALLING. Niether our pass or run games really strike fear into any solid defense, but if Arien's play calling can keep the good defenses we see 'honest' we'll score enough points to win the majority of our games!

:tt: