PDA

View Full Version : EErie

AvoidLLoyd95
01-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Ten years apart, two game saving tackles late in the game, both against the Colts. Is it coming back around.........?

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 05:13 PM
your right. im suprised no one has mentionned this yet. ill take it as a good omen.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Only this time we f--king WIN THE DAMN SUPER BOWL.

AvoidLLoyd95
01-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Only this time we f--king WIN THE DAMN SUPER BOWL.
Just need to beat the Broncos first, hopefully. Then on to Detroit. No, I'm not a doubter, just superstitious. I never talk past the upcoming game and never assume a victory. Too many losses in the past. I do feel good about this game though.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2006, 07:18 PM
AvoidLLoyd95 Ten years apart, two game saving tackles late in the game, both against the Colts. Is it coming back around.........?

Right on man :tt:

1 more game to go, 1 more team to prepare for and head into their house and beat them. Down with Denver !!!

aphiz
01-17-2006, 09:02 PM
the two words that immediately came to my mind after I read the OP were 'Larry Brown'

AvoidLLoyd95
01-17-2006, 09:17 PM
the two words that immediately came to my mind after I read the OP were 'Larry Brown'
????????????????

Stlrs4Life
01-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Ten years apart, two game saving tackles late in the game, both against the Colts. Is it coming back around.........?

The first 1 was in a Championship game though.

AvoidLLoyd95
01-18-2006, 04:48 AM
The first 1 was in a Championship game though.
I know. Just pointing out the similarities in the two games against the Colts.

steveironcity
01-18-2006, 10:54 AM
????????????????

You know, the Dallas CB who was O'Donnells primary reciver in the SB

AvoidLLoyd95
01-18-2006, 12:23 PM
You know, the Dallas CB who was O'Donnells primary reciver in the SB
O.K. I still don't know what his/her post means.

CASTEEL
01-18-2006, 01:11 PM
O.K. I still don't know what his/her post means.

Were you around in '95???

Lemme splain......

Neil O'Donnell threw a very bad (game ending actually) interception in the Superbowl against Dallas. The Steelers were pretty big underdogs, young team etc., but actually had a chance to win that game.......then the freakin' interception! There was not a Steeler in the area that O'Donnell threw too, just a freakin' Dalas defender, Larry Brown, waiting to catch the ball. He ran it back for a touchdown and ended the Steelers chances at an upset.

My memory does not serve me perfectly, but that's close to how it wen......
ARGHHHH, I havn' thought about that heartbreak in a while.... :dang:

AvoidLLoyd95
01-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Been around as long as you and a fan since before I can remember. What I didn't understand about his/her post was " ...after I read the OP....". I still don't know what OP is short for, if this makes me a dumbass, then so be it.
Actually, O'Donnell threw a timing pattern to the outside and the reciever that was to that side ran the wrong route. He was a rookie and I can't remember names but the starting receiver that year had been hurt on the previous play and was not in the game. Thus Neil looked like he threw that boner of a pass. To his credit, after the game, I remember him not blasting the rookie receiver for the misroute, but put all the blame on himself. I liked O'Donnell alot back then but he lost his luster when he jumped ship and went to the Jets.

CASTEEL
01-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Been around as long as you and a fan since before I can remember. What I didn't understand about his/her post was " ...after I read the OP....". I still don't know what OP is short for, if this makes me a dumbass, then so be it.
Actually, O'Donnell threw a timing pattern to the outside and the reciever that was to that side ran the wrong route. He was a rookie and I can't remember names but the starting receiver that year had been hurt on the previous play and was not in the game. Thus Neil looked like he threw that boner of a pass. To his credit, after the game, I remember him not blasting the rookie receiver for the misroute, but put all the blame on himself. I liked O'Donnell alot back then but he lost his luster when he jumped ship and went to the Jets.

....Doesn't make you a dumbass at all! We're all friends here(unless you're not a Steelers fan, then you are just tolerated :bouncy: j/k).

Anyways, OP stands for "Original Poster", meaning the person that originally posted this thread...... :wink:

I'm sorry I didn't get that you didn't get that.... :cool:

BTW, I miss Greg Lloyd!!! hehe

AvoidLLoyd95
01-18-2006, 05:47 PM
....Doesn't make you a dumbass at all! We're all friends here(unless you're not a Steelers fan, then you are just tolerated :bouncy: j/k).

Anyways, OP stands for "Original Poster", meaning the person that originally posted this thread...... :wink:

I'm sorry I didn't get that you didn't get that.... :cool:

BTW, I miss Greg Lloyd!!! hehe
Ahhhhh. No offense taken fellow Steeler fan, I hope. Thanks for the new knowledge. Don't be sorry, just a miscomunication. No harm done.
I also miss LLoyd. I wear his jersey every game day.