PDA

View Full Version : Home Field Advantage?????????

clevestinks
01-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Home teams are 7-9 in the in Conference Championship games, the past 8 years! And in each of the last 4 years its been a split 1-1 for home teams.
We will win! We have the secret weapon! The Win One For The Bus! Weapon.

Detroit or Bust baby!

chumley
01-17-2006, 04:39 PM
I certainly like the Steelers better away than home...

BusterTBronco
01-17-2006, 04:49 PM
The air is THIN!

Ya can't BREATHE!

Our fans will force your team into TURNOVERS and MISTAKES!

9-0 at home this year, baby! Yeah, I'd say we've got home field advantage.

clevestinks
01-17-2006, 04:51 PM
It cannot be louder than the Indy dome, last i checked, no problems there!

Stlrs4Life
01-17-2006, 04:52 PM
It's ok, we were undefeated at home last season also.

BusterTBronco
01-17-2006, 04:55 PM

It can be louder and it will be louder. Indy fans are a bunch of morons.

The Broncos have always been able to feed off the home crowd. You guys, of all people, should know that (based on all the beatings we've given you over the years!)

clevestinks
01-17-2006, 04:55 PM
rocky mountain high????

I`ll give you high, we are running high on momentum. WE are ROLLING

clevestinks
01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
It can be louder and it will be louder. Indy fans are a bunch of morons.

The Broncos have always been able to feed off the home crowd. You guys, of all people, should know that (based on all the beatings we've given you over the years!)
Feed of thier fans????

I just saw Scott Lynch on ESPN, saying the if you can`t get up for a game like this without the crowd, then you shouldn`t be playing. we proved the last two weeks that we can silence the most volatile of fans, by halftime, you`ll be able to hear a pin drop.

BusterTBronco
01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
rocky mountain high????

I`ll give you high, we are running high on momentum. WE are ROLLING

Your "momentum" doesn't mean shit to us.

clevestinks
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
I think it makes it twice as sweet going into Cinci, Indy and denver, and just rolling thier teams.

BusterTBronco
01-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Feed of thier fans????

I just saw Scott Lynch on ESPN, saying the if you can`t get up for a game like this without the crowd, then you shouldn`t be playing. we proved the last two weeks that we can silence the most volatile of fans, by halftime, you`ll be able to hear a pin drop.

The Broncos are 4-0 in AFC Championship games when playing at home.

Go ahead and say that homefield means nothing if that's what it takes to make you feel better. Homefield is HUGE for the Broncos (and why you guys really have no chance this week)

clevestinks
01-17-2006, 05:05 PM
All good streaks must come to an end. And you had the Great Elway, who i put in my top three of all time, and now you have plummer, NOT SCARED!

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 05:39 PM
I'm scared...but not of the Bronco's. If both teams play their best game they can't beat us. But I'm worried about the team continuing to ride the high...they need to keep the intensity up for two more weeks, and that's a challenge.

But if this team comes out and plays like they did the last two weeks, homefield advantage will mean nothing...

clevestinks
01-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Ain`t Skeered! No need to be scared. I believe that we are winning for Bettis, amongst other things. But Hines Ward was very upset last season lost to the Pats. He wanted it for Bettis, I`m sure this echoes each week in the lockerrroom

SteelCityMan786
01-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Home teams are 7-9 in the in Conference Championship games, the past 8 years! And in each of the last 4 years its been a split 1-1 for home teams.
We will win! We have the secret weapon! The Win One For The Bus! Weapon.

Detroit or Bust baby!

DETROIT OR BUST MAN! Points to you.

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 06:02 PM

Go ahead and say that homefield means nothing if that's what it takes to make you feel better. Homefield is HUGE for the Broncos (and why you guys really have no chance this week) damn the steelers shouldnt have even bothered showing up for the bengals or colts where they had no chance either)

ben is a more seasonned playoff qb. that gives them a great chance.

SteelerDan43
01-17-2006, 06:07 PM

Go ahead and say that homefield means nothing if that's what it takes to make you feel better. Homefield is HUGE for the Broncos (and why you guys really have no chance this week)

Ive been on the Bronco's offical board lately and everyone over there while confident is somewhat subjective and understand that our teams are almost mirror images and it will be a close game.... You are just being an overzelous homer saying we have no chance to beat you.

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 06:31 PM
The Bronco's are also 2-1 playing in AFC Championship games on the road, so all this means is that years ago there were usually pretty good Bronco's teams playing in the AFCCG.

SalukiSteelers
01-17-2006, 06:44 PM
The altitude, not the hammered fans in the stands, is the true homefield advantage for the Donkeys. Come the fourth quarter most teams are tripping on their tongues. One thing I like, though, is that if the Steelers can make Ol' Peyton look that bad what are they gonna do to Plummer?

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 06:52 PM
The altitude, not the hammered fans in the stands, is the true homefield advantage for the Donkeys.

I disagree with even that...I think it makes little difference, and explained why here...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3732&page=2 Post #35

Brady12
01-17-2006, 06:53 PM

Indy is loud, because of their dome. With the sound circulating, and no way to leave the building, it in a way "Echoes" around the stadium, and stays for 5 seconds. Denver can be louder, if they want to be.

Also wanted to add that 1 of those 7 wins, and 2 of those 9 losses the Patriots won. :smile:

hardwork
01-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Home field advantage? Thin air? Crowd noise? All BS. To beat Denver you have to beat the 8 man defensive set. We beat their running game. We kept their QB in the pocket. We didn't alow them to get off to a good start. What we didn't do was stop thier defense. Do that Steelers, and the other things we did, and you win.

24seven
01-17-2006, 08:23 PM
I've been to Denver to watch the Steelers 2 years ago and I didn't think it was that loud at all.. Regardless the noise wasn't even a sliver of a factor this weekend so you might as well through that one to the rocky mountain air.. As for thin air i'm sure there going early to prepare for the conditions so that won't be a factor. There in such good shape already i doubt it would matter anyways.. And as for home field.. don't mean shat...We are living proof of that..

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Mile high is one of the most famous home field advantages in the league..between there, kansas city are probably the 2 biggest.

We can run against 8 man fronts all day and the broncos play alot of 8 man fronts to stop the run and rely alot on their DB's for 1 on 1 coverage. Champ Bailey is as good as it gets at DB and lynch is a big hitter and seasoned Vet. It aint gonna be easy by any stretch..but i'll say this.. it can be done and we can do it. We run on anybody and our defense is playing at an intensity level we havent seen in awhile and thats saying something considering how well our defenses have been in the past.

If we can win 6 in a row, win on the road in the playoffs twice, we can win in Denver. :tt:

Milkman
01-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Everyone doubted the Steelers last week, I love it when that many people are wrong and still hate on us.

It will make it that much sweeter when we win! :cheers: