PDA

View Full Version : Steelers getting lots of love in media for deserved win

Infamix
01-17-2006, 05:17 PM
On PTI, both Wilbon and Tony said that Denver is favored to win the superbowl, but they are picking the Steelers to do it.

On Around the Horn, J.A. and Woody Paige said they would want Ben Roethilsberger on their team if they had to choose from all the quarterbacks remaining in the playoffs, and that Ben is clearly the best one.

On NFL Total Access, Terrell Davis was complimenting Ben on how much he has improved from last year.

Now let the Steelers prove everybody right. :cheers:

clevestinks
01-17-2006, 05:21 PM
On PTI, both Wilbon and Tony said that Denver is favored to win the superbowl, but they are picking the Steelers to do it.

On Around the Horn, J.A. and Woody Paige said they would want Ben Roethilsberger on their team if they had to choose from all the quarterbacks remaining in the playoffs, and that Ben is clearly the best one.

On NFL Total Access, Terrell Davis was complimenting Ben on how much he has improved from last year.

Now let the Steelers prove everybody right. :cheers:
But Woody Paige has been and is sticking with the broncos. Although he did give the nod to Ben.

We knew that all of a sudden after beating the colts, everyone would remember our names

14dathum
01-17-2006, 05:32 PM
noone loved them before last sunday. am i right?

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 05:39 PM
matt hasselbeck is the one getting overlooked and no love. he is good . that being said, as a steelerfan and if i were a broncofan, i would be rooting for seatlle to win this weekend. better to face the superbowl virgins. denver dont need another bye week and i definitely would hate the thought of the hot and confident steelers sitting idle for a week. carolina needs the rest, and have experience dealing with the sb week hype.

anyways i see a 50-50 split between people rooting for and picking steelers vs. broncos. they have the perfect homefield record, and altitude in their favor. alot of people will make their pick just on this, in what seems to be a coinflip ballgame. its understandable

Atlanta Dan
01-19-2006, 08:10 PM
4 out of 5 SI writers pick the Steelers over Denver; bandwagon is getting crowded - let's hope it does not tip over

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2005/01/19/picks/index.html