PDA

View Full Version : Who I like

mesaSteeler
09-10-2009, 06:02 AM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop

Thursday, September 10, 2009
Who I like

The first game of the regular season is always the most difficult to get a feel for.

Most teams don't show a whole lot during the preseason and you've got to try to guess the direction they will go in based on last season and what moves they made during the offseason.

The Steelers enter Thursday night's opener against the Titans as 5 1/2-point favorites. That's a pretty good sized spread against what should be a pretty good Tennessee team.

But I think the Steelers' offense should be better in 2009 than it was in 2008 and the defense should again be solid.

Tennessee also doesn't have the weapons to attack the Steelers in a way that could be effective - ie. spreading the Steelers out and chucking the ball around off of quick drops.

Because of that, I like the Steelers to cover in this one on a night when the players should be very hyped up.

Take Pittsburgh to win, 23-14.

mulldog24
09-10-2009, 08:04 AM
I'll buy that, I think that is a pretty fair assessment of the score. But I would like to see us kick the crap out of them!!!!!