PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu knee injury

WarBus
09-10-2009, 09:37 PM
I am sure I am just like everyone else when i saw the replay awhile ago it did not look good at all. I dont need to tell this intelligent fan base what troy means to our d and dick's schemes but i am not comfortable at all with troy's early return with seeing that knee injury. Anyone hear anything new i am sure it is way too early for that but i am freaking out. I am not a fan of Tyrone Carter but lets be honest anyone backing up troy will never come close to to sniffing wha he does day in and day out on the football field.

BlastFurnace
09-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Like Tomlin says..."someone will need to play and the level of expectation does not change"

onefortheotherhand
09-10-2009, 09:44 PM
hopefully he just hyper extended it a little and didnt tear anything

WarBus
09-10-2009, 10:04 PM
oh I know what Tomlin says and I love the guy he is without question the most well spoken coach in the league just like when he replied about backups and said, "we dont have backups we have startes in waiting" However, there are certain players where what we can do on defense would not change with them going down but a guy like Troy going down or even and Aaron smith hamstrings us. I am not trying to be all doom and gloom here maybe its nothing and I hope so, but from the replay it didnt look like nothing to me, but hey i have been wrong once or twice in my life.

fordfan485
09-10-2009, 10:09 PM
It's the profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering madden curse, why on earth anyone would want to be on the cover of that thing anymore is beyond me. :banging: Why did troy have to be on the cover :banging: he was having a awesome game until the injury too and was playing lights out football.

SC Gamecokk
09-10-2009, 10:12 PM
It's the profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering madden curse, why on earth anyone would want to be on the cover of that thing anymore is beyond me. :banging: Why did troy have to be on the cover :banging: he was having a awesome game until the injury too and was playing lights out football.

so true. that curse will live on forever i swear! favre sorta broke it last year but his shoulder was messed up so...not really

SC Gamecokk
09-10-2009, 10:13 PM
and based on my non-medical educated eyes, it didnt look good!

fordfan485
09-10-2009, 10:15 PM
About the only good thing i see out of this is we did not see troy rolling around on the ground in agony like tom brady last year, but then again troy is so tuff i wouldnt even expect him to do that to begin with but its still a good sign

StainlessStill
09-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Worst case could be a sprain? Nothing from the locker room. Must be getting X-rays. No news is bad news.

fordfan485
09-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Worst case could be a sprain? Nothing from the locker room. Must be getting X-rays. No news is bad news.

worst case is torn ACL and on IR :frown:

Fire Haley
09-10-2009, 11:01 PM
looked like an MCL sprain

He's ninja limber - shrug it off

CargoJon
09-10-2009, 11:02 PM
I wish somebody would report something on this.

Steel Head
09-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Like Tomlin says..."someone will need to play and the level of expectation does not change"

that's stupid

nobody can match what Troy can do

RunWillieRun
09-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Rub some dirt on it.

He'll be fine.

NEPAsteeler
09-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Atleast there's 10 days to rest up. Get Better, Troy!

Steel_Bus_24
Everybody pray for him tonight

we need him big time

steelpride12
im worried about Troy. We need him to help us win games and I hope this injury is not bad!

HometownGal
09-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Tomlin just said in his post-game conference that preliminarily, it looks like an MCL sprain.

LVSteelersfan
Troy was unbelievable tonight. That INT was just insane.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
out 3-6 weeks?

BlastFurnace
09-10-2009, 11:08 PM
that's stupid

nobody can match what Troy can do

Oh Yeah....Tomlin says it...tell him that.

We all know Troy is one of a kind.

It's a fact though. Someone will need to step up!

steelpride12
09-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Tomlin just said MCL sprain 3 to 6 weeks shoooot!

Steel Head
09-10-2009, 11:10 PM

That's actually good news imo

could have easily been a torn ligament and out for year

MRI still has to be done though

Steel_Bus_24
09-10-2009, 11:11 PM
were not seeing troy until after the bye...............not good considering our toughest part of our schedule is before that

CargoJon
09-10-2009, 11:13 PM
That's actually good news imo

could have easily been a torn ligament and out for year

MRI still has to be done though

this. i was thinking ACL tear and IR...

steelreserve

Bears, Bengals, Chargers, Lions and Browns.

Relax, we'll be fine.

CargoJon
were not seeing troy until after the bye...............not good considering our toughest part of our schedule is before that

Toughest part of our schedule will be in January and February, I'd rather have Troy back for that. :tt:

jjpro11
i heard Tomlin say MCL sprain, but he said nothing is confirmed yet.. so don't jump the gun.. let's just hope he is back at some point this year. that is all i am worried about.

Godfather
09-10-2009, 11:14 PM

Bears, Bungholes, Chargers, Lions, and Clowns the next five weeks (not necessarily in that order). I think we can manage.

SD and Chicago might be tough but at least the Bears don't affect any tiebreakers.

steelreserve
09-10-2009, 11:15 PM

II was worried about that for a minute, but seeing him walk into the locker room basically just limping a little was enough to tell you it's nothing quite that serious. If you tear up your knee enough to be out for the season, you aren't going anywhere.

Godfather
09-10-2009, 11:15 PM

ACL doesn't mean IR.

Signed,
Rod Woodson

GridironWarrior
09-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Vikings up to before the bye. That's gonna be huge.

Preacher
09-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Tomlin just said...

3-6 weeks for Troy on an MCL sprain.

That is a guess. But its the first we heard so. . . .

stillers4me
09-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Thank goodness we don't have a schedule like last year.

7SteelGal43
09-10-2009, 11:38 PM
II was worried about that for a minute, but seeing him walk into the locker room basically just limping a little was enough to tell you it's nothing quite that serious. If you tear up your knee enough to be out for the season, you aren't going anywhere.

Exactly, he was gettin up those stairs under his own power. I was glad to see that. We'll be just fine, folks. And guess what ? STEELERS 13 - TITANS 10 :tt03:

Steelboy84
09-10-2009, 11:44 PM
I think he'll be back after a week or two.

steelpride12
09-10-2009, 11:47 PM
This is our key stat! Nothing else matters. Our run game and OL is typical, but losing him for up to 6 weeks is brutal!

Preacher
09-10-2009, 11:49 PM
I think he'll be back after a week or two.

Tomlin just said...

3-6 weeks for Troy on an MCL sprain.

That is a guess. But its the first we heard so. . . .

Doubt it.

Mags87
09-10-2009, 11:50 PM
This is our key stat! Nothing else matters. Our run game and OL is typical, but losing him for up to 6 weeks is brutal!

i hear ya. i mean i love the team as much as anyone, but him not being out there is just dissapointing. i love watching him and this first half was nothing but reinforcement of that fact. you know that he's gonna play till the end of every play and do his damndest to be involved in everything. it shows that he loves the game and is just such an entertaining player to watch!

SteelerEmpire
09-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Three good things.... 1) Carter is good and can handle it. 2) The schedule will allow us to do pretty well. 3) The most important.... the Defense is the best, professional, and can adapt without Troy.... they adapted before the end of the game as they really shut The Titans down. It won't be at the same level without Troy, but we can STILL shut down ANY offense without him.....

brick
09-11-2009, 12:16 AM
having gone through a serious sports related knee injury/surgery, i was absolutely cringing when i watched that replay, fearing the worst. my first reaction was that he tore his ACL, but i can tell you that if he tore anything badly he probably wouldn't have been walking around and smiling like he was. worst case scenario would be something like torn ACL/MCL/PCL/meniscus, but hopefully it's just a sprain. i would actually be relieved if he was only out for 3 weeks or so. even though the bears and chargers games are gonna be tough, hopefully the rest of the boys can pick up the slack.

but anyone else notice how much collins was getting space on his side of the field after he went off? he got so much love off that side and was throwing a lot of completions that i thought troy would have snuffed out. losing him would be big, but our d is by no means a one man machine.

DaPhonz
09-11-2009, 01:48 AM
:( is all I have.

CaliStillersFan
09-11-2009, 03:10 AM
I just hope he's back after the BYE week. The Chargers game will be tough, but we can the Vikes without him. The rest are cupcakes. Just as long as he's not out for the season. I'll be rubbing my terrible towel until we hear further news. He was amazing in the 1st half tonight. If that's all the madden curse can do so be it, could have been much worse. ;)

sharkweek
09-11-2009, 03:21 AM
Rub some dirt on it.

He'll be fine.

better yet, rub some Robitussin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd-EBG3a7jU) on it

Galax Steeler
09-11-2009, 04:04 AM
I hate to see Troy out it throws a different look to our defense. Hopefully it won't take 6 weeks to heal but if it does I just hope he is fully healed before he returns.

PalmerSteel
09-11-2009, 06:01 AM
i hate to see one of our main men go down like this and it really sucks. he could be our most important piece to our whole team BUT the bright side COULD be: its early and this will show how much adversity they can handle, along with the usual defending champs adversity.

Lock Down
09-11-2009, 06:10 AM
It's another challenge the team has to face. I am glad the injury isn't as bad as it could of potentially have been & that it's still early days in the season. It's football though, can't replace Troy but injuries unfortunately happen and hopefully in the mean time other players can step up and try to limit the effect of Troy's loss.

Kaeg
09-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Madden curse? Hmmm....Watch your back, Larry Fitz!

revefsreleets
09-11-2009, 08:07 AM
I read ligament sprain, 3-6 weeks...

mtsamuelson
09-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Okay, I would like to say a few things.

First, the "someone will need to play and the level of expectation does not change" quote from Tomlin. Not sure if he said this in regards to the Polamalu injury or not. If he did, it's just coach talk. He knows a talent like Polamalu is not easily replaced. Our defense still looked decent without him and made stops when needed, but not many can make the tackle he made against Johnson during the first quarter. That was pure talent right there. Let's hope Carter can be a serviceable replacement.

It's rumored he will be out 3-6 weeks depending on the results of the MRI, but let's just take a look at the schedule:

@ Chicago
@ Cincy
vs. San Diego
@ Detroit
vs. Cleveland
vs. Minnesota
Bye
@ Denver
vs. Cincy
@ KC

No disrespect to the above teams, but the only three teams I see that may be a problem are: Chicago, San Diego, and Minnesota. Two of those teams we get at home.

As previous posters stated, I'd rather have him out now, then in the real meat of our schedule.

Get better soon Troy!

KeiselPower99
09-11-2009, 08:26 AM
Between Carter and Townsend the secondary will be fine. We will miss Troys play but the team will be fine.

tyler289
09-11-2009, 08:28 AM
As good as Troy was last night, he also had two costly penalties that really hurt us. Both were due to over-aggressiveness and trying to get back at CJ and the Titans.

As long as we have him starting week 12 (Ravens), I'm happy. Knee injuries can ruin a season and we need him vs. the best teams in the AFC. We can manage until then without him.

Fire Haley
09-11-2009, 08:33 AM
It will be up to Lord Tyrone to save our season.

CPanther95
09-11-2009, 08:42 AM
As good as Troy was last night, he also had two costly penalties that really hurt us. Both were due to over-aggressiveness and trying to get back at CJ and the Titans.

As long as we have him starting week 12 (Ravens), I'm happy. Knee injuries can ruin a season and we need him vs. the best teams in the AFC. We can manage until then without him.

3 costly penalties.

But the Pass Interference call was complete BS. The late hit was semi-BS. It was technically the correct call, but getting the angle of attack and running full speed to head off a back skirting the sideline meant that at the end, he either had to commit - or back off and just hope that he ran out of bounds. He did the right thing.

The third was the face mask penalty.

steelpride12
09-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Well Troy was HUGE last season in helping us win Lombardi #6, but were gonna need to just survive without him for a few weeks. We have done it before and can do it again.
Carter is a veteran who knows this defense well enough to hold his own and we need Troy get 100% healthy when it comes playoff time, so if he needs 6 weeks let him take it because no Troy in the playoffs means no #7.

revefsreleets
09-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Knowing Troy and his workout regiment and commitment to the game, I expect him back for the Detroit game...

Shellshock
09-11-2009, 08:59 AM
3 to 6 weeks, that sounds like a tear. I think a little spin by Tomlin.

elit3nemesis
09-11-2009, 08:59 AM
People are saying this is the MADDEN CURSE......

Fire Haley
09-11-2009, 09:33 AM
3 to 6 weeks, that sounds like a tear. I think a little spin by Tomlin.

A ligament sprain IS a tear. Just depends on the severity.

A first degree sprain is damage to only a few ligament fibres.
A second degree sprain is damage to a more extensive number of ligament fibres, but the ligament remains intact.
A third degree sprain is a complete rupture of the ligament. Because of the force involved in this injury other structures in the knee, such as the Meniscus (Cartilage) or the Anterior Cruciate Ligament can also be damaged.

http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/knee/medial_collateral_ligament_sprain_full.php

stillers4me
09-11-2009, 09:53 AM
It just sucks. Plain and simple.

Heal well, Troy. We need you on the quest for 7.

Godfather
09-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Knowing Troy and his workout regiment and commitment to the game, I expect him back for the Detroit game...

I wouldn't use him in that game. We could put 10 players on the field and beat Detroit...no reason to take any chances if he's not 100%.

stillers4me
09-11-2009, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't use him in that game. We could put 10 players on the field and beat Detroit...no reason to take any chances if he's not 100%.

Exactly. If he's not back by weeek 3 for the Chargers, I don't expect him on the field until Oct. 25th for the Viqueens. No need to expose him to further injury for the Lions or the Brownqueens. :chuckle:

Fortunately, both the Ravens games are after that. We will need him more for them.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-11-2009, 10:24 AM
I think we can beat Chicago without Troy. Its gonna depend on the pass rush we get against that Bears O line.

The challenge will be if our offense can get enough points to win on the road. 10 days of reps with the 1st team will help Carter....plus, I expect to see Ratliff active for that game.

The one question I think we are forgetting is if we will be missing Timmons and Polamalu for the Bears game???

PalmerSteel
09-11-2009, 10:54 AM
this injury is crucial troy is 100% before stepping back on field so it doesnt get worse or nag on. i hope i am wrong but i think he wont play again until week 9, after the bye week.

fansince'76
09-11-2009, 10:57 AM
We could put 10 players on the field and beat Detroit...

I felt the same way about the Raiders in '06....

revefsreleets
09-11-2009, 10:58 AM
That's exactly why Detroit is the perfect comeback game...Troy can go about 80%, shake the rust off with no pressure, alternate in and out, gradually work his way back into the game. Detroit is still SO bad and Stafford will be SO exposed to our blitz the game will be like a glorified scrimmage, and what better way to ease Troy back into the line-up...

steelreserve
09-11-2009, 11:15 AM
The one thing I'm really impressed with is the way Tyrone Carter has improved over the last couple of years. That makes me feel a lot better about this whole situation. In '05-'06-'07, whenever we were missing one of our safeties and Carter had to fill in, the whole defense changed; they looked flat and vulnerable. This injury would've absolutely killed us.

Last year and this year, the defense has been able to remain aggressive and dominant with Carter in the game. I'm really glad we kept that guy around.

SteelerEmpire
09-11-2009, 11:29 AM
We can always revert back to a tactic used in the 70's..... shoot Troy up with roids, his injury will heal with lightning speed, and he'll be ready for the Bears game....:laughing:

Dizzle43
09-11-2009, 11:38 AM
It sucks that Troy got hurt but Carter will come in a play fine just like he has before.

Dino 6 Rings
09-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Listen folks, after evaluating Troy's performance last night, and going over the tapes from previous seasons, I have determined the following:

A. Troy is a Time Traveling Space Alien from another Dimension.

B. The "injuries" Troy suffer from are really just cover to keep the general public from freaking out over having a Time Traveling Space Alien from another Dimension amongst them.

Its definitely obvious that Troy, is not a Human of this Earth, so to keep people from freaking out, they "create" situations that make it appear he is Mortal.

Its all so clear to me now.

TheWarDen86
09-11-2009, 12:13 PM
:rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
09-11-2009, 12:28 PM
:rofl:

:chuckle:

I mean its obvious isn't it? Watch the tape.

Troy can do all the following things Normal Humans can not do.

First. Troy can levitate, defying the laws of Gravity which apply to everyone else on the planet we call earth.

Second. Troy can use "the force" or what is known as Telekinesis, and with just his "will" alone make a ball, come to his hand, that clearly has no point going to his hand and wasn't even directed anywhere near his hand to begin with.

Third. Troy can Time Travel. 14yards off the ball at the snap, and within 1 second he's making a tackle in the backfield, watch the play from last night again in Super Super Super Super Slow Motion (only available at the Nasa labs and my secret bunker) and you can clearly see the Worm Hole open up where he enters it in the secondary, and then reopen in the backfield where he exits and makes the play.

Forth. His hair. Come On! If that doesn't scream Time Traveling Space Alien from another Dimension I don't know what else you need!

Fifth, his Demeanor. Clearly, anyone else with those type of Super Powers would be a total tool bag, but not Troy. Nope, he's humble, soft spoken yet confident, which all point to the fact, he knows something that no one else knows. And that is, the fact, he's Just Not Human as we define the word.

OX1947
09-11-2009, 12:46 PM
The thing that sucks is Troy looked like a Defensive Player of the year. I mean, he was something else in the 1st quarter. Just sucks, I hope he can be back by game 4.

CPanther95
09-11-2009, 01:30 PM
He doesn't just run a 4.3 second - 40 yards...he seems to be able to run a 1.1 second - 10 yards.

Somebody forgot to give him gears.

Fire Haley
09-11-2009, 02:16 PM
No further information from Steelers on Polamalu injury

Friday, September 11, 2009
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Less than a day after their season-opening victory against the Tennessee Titans, the Steelers have not issued any more news on the injury to safety Troy Polamalu, who sprained his left knee late in the second quarter and did not return.

Polamalu sprained the medial collateral ligament in his knee and Coach Mike Tomlin's early diagnosis was it could be three to six weeks before the five-time Pro Bowl safety returns.

But Tomlin and team president Art Rooney II did not have any more information on the extent of the injury today and there may not be any update until Monday when the players return to practice following three days off.

Meantime, the Steelers have not made a roster moves to allow for Polamalu's absence, and probably won't.

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09254/997318-100.stm#ixzz0QpLKCGJ3

TheWarDen86
09-11-2009, 04:24 PM

Friday, September 11, 2009
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Less than a day after their season-opening victory against the Tennessee Titans, the Steelers have not issued any more news on the injury to safety Troy Polamalu, who sprained his left knee late in the second quarter and did not return.

Polamalu sprained the medial collateral ligament in his knee and Coach Mike Tomlin's early diagnosis was it could be three to six weeks before the five-time Pro Bowl safety returns.

But Tomlin and team president Art Rooney II did not have any more information on the extent of the injury today and there may not be any update until Monday when the players return to practice following three days off.

Meantime, the Steelers have not made a roster moves to allow for Polamalu's absence, and probably won't.

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/09254/997318-100.stm#ixzz0QpLKCGJ3

I thought we'd have more news by now, but I can't find anything. Anybody else heard any more news?

SteelTalons
09-11-2009, 05:24 PM

Im sorry I don't believe in hocus pocus. Troy's been hurt before, its not like this is unheard of. Football's a violent game this sort of thing happens, and somehow being on the cover of a VIDEO GAME means your destine to have an injury or some sort of problem? Your pretty much asking to get hurt everytime you step on the field, it comes with the turf.

As soon as someone on the cover of that damn game gets a hangnail people scream "curse".

tony hipchest
09-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I thought we'd have more news by now, but I can't find anything. Anybody else heard any more news?not quite as reliable as twitter but carter said today on nfl radio that he knew it was serious when troy told him he heard a pop and had tears in his eyes. :dang:

tyrone admitted the defense was shaken after his injury (which showed in the next drive) but were able to regroup. since he is troys set of eyes off the field and practices like he is going to start every week, he is prepared to fill in.

very good and poignant interview. i cant believe people actually wanted to cut troys long time back up.

Steelman16
09-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I'll tell you what though...Troy's probably the only guy in this league that could have his knee and leg bent that way and not actually tear anything. I mean, sprain? After that? He's incredible limber. Freakin beast!

steel striker
09-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Troy is such an amazing person and. last night he was so impressive with his play on the field. Hopefully he will be back and, better than ever in a few weeks or longer. The PI was such a bad call on Troy my god what was the ref seeing there?

SteelersHoss
09-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I agree with all that Troy is not replaceable, but I am totally comfortable with Tyrone Carter playing for a few weeks until Troy gets back

Shellshock
09-11-2009, 08:38 PM
The Fan out of NY is reporting possible Tibia Plateau break, they did not state where info came from.

The Duke
09-11-2009, 08:56 PM
very good and poignant interview. i cant believe people actually wanted to cut troys long time back up.

yep

we'd be lost without him. Carter has seen just about everything there is to see in this league when in comes to defenses

Though I am excited about seeing more of Mundy :thumbsup:

steelreserve
09-11-2009, 09:09 PM
i cant believe people actually wanted to cut troys long time back up.

I would've, until last year. Something clicked with Carter in the past two seasons and he's been immeasurably better. It used to make my stomach turn to watch the defense with him back there. But to his credit, he figured out whatever it was he needed to figure out.

Like the other guy said, it'll also be nice to see if Mundy develops, but I don't know if he's quite ready yet. Oh well, trial by fire, I guess.

Shellshock
09-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Well, instead of shampoo commercials he will be doing physical therepy commercials.

Preacher
09-11-2009, 09:30 PM
I'll tell you what though...Troy's probably the only guy in this league that could have his knee and leg bent that way and not actually tear anything. I mean, sprain? After that? He's incredible limber. Freakin beast!

A Sprain is a tear.

TheWarDen86
09-11-2009, 09:51 PM
not quite as reliable as twitter but carter said today on nfl radio that he knew it was serious when troy told him he heard a pop and had tears in his eyes. :dang:

tyrone admitted the defense was shaken after his injury (which showed in the next drive) but were able to regroup. since he is troys set of eyes off the field and practices like he is going to start every week, he is prepared to fill in.

Oi vey :dang:

Dino 6 Rings
09-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Pretty sure I saw him walking up a flight of steps when he was heading to the locker room, without any aid or anyone to lean on...just walking...we wasn't even doing the, both feet on one step thing, was just walking up the steps...

again...if he heard a pop and its worse than a sprain...yet he Walked on his own to the locker room....Not...A....Human

tony hipchest
09-11-2009, 10:47 PM
I would've, until last year. Something clicked with Carter in the past two seasons and he's been immeasurably better. It used to make my stomach turn to watch the defense with him back there. But to his credit, he figured out whatever it was he needed to figure out.i think carter really made an impression in the 05 sb run. he held his ground in sub-packages and in relief of the starters. sure, he is no troy or hope (and for that, fans have called for his head).

A Sprain is a tear.yep. and when troy says "pop" i wonder if surgery will be needed or if it is still partially attached and will heal on its own. im thinking the former.

Oi vey :dang: i dont wanna be pessimistic , but i saw it (as did we all) and it hurt to watch. if the over/under is 4 weeks, im taking the "over".

i hope im wrong.

Psyychoward86
09-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Let's keep chuggin along. I think Carter will fill in adequately for now, especially against our next couple opponents for the most part.

Steel_Bus_24
09-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Man I just got a really bad vibe about this, because of how it looked, Carters comments, and that fffffing Madden Curse. Im pretty much just praying we get him back after the bye at 100%

and

Just noticed something looking at our schedule

The 1st game back after the bye is at Denver......and there would be no way I would let Clark play out there again if I were Tomlin.........

so it could be until Nov 15(Bengals) before we see both our starting Safeties back in action at the same time

steelpride12
09-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Man I just got a really bad vibe about this, because of how it looked, Carters comments, and that fffffing Madden Curse. Im pretty much just praying we get him back after the bye at 100%

and

Just noticed something looking at our schedule

The 1st game back after the bye is at Denver......and there would be no way I would let Clark play out there again if I were Tomlin.........

so it could be until Nov 15(Bengals) before we see both our starting Safeties back in action at the same time

I really don't see why your so worked up? Carter since '05 has only improved and really impressed as a back up. He is no Troy, but this kid has been with the defense enough years to know his way around a do a good job "filling in" for now. The Steelers will over come this injury and are 6 and 2 in Troy's absence.

Fire Haley
09-11-2009, 11:35 PM
I thought we'd have more news by now, but I can't find anything. Anybody else heard any more news?

Some people can't take "NO NEWS" for an answer.

Shellshock
09-12-2009, 12:20 AM

My guess would be too much blood and fluid on the MRI to see any damage. New MRI within a few days: details out monday after 2nd MRI.

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 12:28 AM

No further information from Steelers on Polamalu injurytroy heard a snap crackle and pop, minus the snap and crackle.

he's done. its time to deal. i dont think he drops a tear otherwise.

(hopefully we see you in 6 weeks, troy). :tt03:

in the meantime, i bet tomlin serves tyrone carter (and the rest of the team) a tall glass of STFU for future reference.

fansince'76
09-12-2009, 12:34 AM

Good thing for us McDaniels has almost singlehandedly destroyed the Broncos' offense.

steelreserve
09-12-2009, 12:36 AM
i think carter really made an impression in the 05 sb run. he held his ground in sub-packages and in relief of the starters. sure, he is no troy or hope (and for that, fans have called for his head).

Hmm ... I hated Carter in '05 and '06. I thought the defense looked totally different and non-threatening with him in there. But lately, we haven't missed a beat when he comes in. Maybe I was too hard on him earlier or something, but my opinion of him has definitely changed for the better.

yep. and when troy says "pop" i wonder if surgery will be needed or if it is still partially attached and will heal on its own. im thinking the former.

i dont wanna be pessimistic , but i saw it (as did we all) and it hurt to watch. if the over/under is 4 weeks, im taking the "over".

i hope im wrong.

That worries the hell out of me too. One thing that gives me some hope is the time I screwed up my ankle playing basketball ... came down from grabbing a rebound, and landed with all my weight on my left foot, right on top of another guy's foot. I completely rolled it and heard a gut-wrenching, loud "POP! POP! CRACK!", as if someone was pulling the shell off a lobster or something.

Turned out I had a severe sprain of several ligaments, and the whole ankle turned black and blue and swelled up to the size of a softball, and it hurt like hell. But a month later, it was basically fine, and I could run and jump and wave my dick around and everything. So I guess what I'm hoping for is that even with a "pop", much less several, there's still hope you can still come out relatively OK. Obviously, you also might not be OK. But I'm hoping for the former.

Shoes
09-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Good thing for us McDaniels has almost singlehandedly destroyed the Broncos' offense.

:chuckle::chuckle:

sharkweek
09-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Good thing for us McDaniels has almost singlehandedly destroyed the Broncos' franchise.

fixed :chuckle:

I've got a friend who is from Denver and is (or was) a huge Broncos fan. He was totally devastated when they brought in McDaniels because he absolutely hates the Patriots. He's pretty much disowned them, although I know its killing him. I think he's rooting for them to go like 0-16 so that McDaniels is fired.

Shellshock
09-12-2009, 12:58 AM
He came in with the Bellidick attitude and sports outfit what a man crush.

IamTheSteelGod
09-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Why didn't he just dive on it. Why be a hero and try for the return?

AllD
09-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Troy was playing the best ball of his career in the first half. He was everywhere the ball was. When you play on the edge and have his God given talent you make huge game changing plays. You also sometimes expose yourself to increased risk of injury. Normally he would have reacted properly, but he was in the zone and a freak accident occurred.

On NFL Network an interview with Tyrone Carter, Carter stated he was going to go in on that play, but went back to the sidelines after he saw Troy didn't want to come off the field. Troy went down like the warrior he is. Hopefully we have him back at 100% for the playoffs.

AllD
09-12-2009, 07:21 AM
I would've, until last year. Something clicked with Carter in the past two seasons and he's been immeasurably better. It used to make my stomach turn to watch the defense with him back there. But to his credit, he figured out whatever it was he needed to figure out.

Like the other guy said, it'll also be nice to see if Mundy develops, but I don't know if he's quite ready yet. Oh well, trial by fire, I guess.

TC has been Troy's eyes from the sidelines. He has been coaching Troy and giving him insights. Obviously he has learned how to play that position.