PDA

View Full Version : Hines

desertsteel
09-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Hines has won way more games than he has lost. I can live with the outcome.

ricksteelers55
09-10-2009, 11:38 PM
yup....it's not hines fault if we lose that game

SteelerEmpire
09-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Lynn Swann never had a single fumble his whole career at Pittsburgh..... but Hines will be back.....

Kvnfaber
09-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Hines is probably the easiest person to forgive as he lays it all on the line every play he's out there. You KNOW when he's not smiling that he is mad at himself. Sometimes his competitive nature is even too much. But I will gladly take him over ANY receiver in the NFL.

I'm glad he got redemption tonight. He is JEff Reed's biggest fan right now :)

Mordax
09-11-2009, 01:35 AM
You KNOW when he's not smiling that he is mad at himself.

so true. i really felt bad for him. he'll come up big so many time this season that no one will remember that fumble :tt03:

MACH1
09-11-2009, 01:37 AM
What fumble, WE WON

pepsyman1
09-11-2009, 01:37 AM
so true. i really felt bad for him. he'll come up big so many time this season that no one will remember that fumble :tt03:

But HE will.....he'll have that ball well controlled on every play the rest of the year just out of spite! LOL

fansince'76
09-11-2009, 01:45 AM
He STILL looked upset even after we won. Hines is probably his own biggest critic.

Mordax
09-11-2009, 01:50 AM
he's be better from it

sharkweek
09-11-2009, 01:50 AM
Given what happened in the Superbowl where Fitz scored way too fast and gave us time to answer, and then even in this very game where both teams scored the games only TDs inside the last two minutes of the first half with drives less than a minute each, I was screaming at Hines to just get down long before he was even close to getting to the endzone where he would soon fumble.

But to be honest, what upset me most about Hines tonight wasn't the fact that he made a mistake by getting too greedy, it was his reaction to it afterward. IMO he brooded over the mistake far too long I was worried his mood on the sideline would affect others when he should have dealt with the mistake and put it behind him much sooner than he did. Luckily he came in for OT and caught a big pass right away, but still, I hate to see any of our players brooding over a mistake like that.

Pittsky
09-11-2009, 01:51 AM
anyone see that hit hines put on the CB once we got back on the field...basically looked like an ed reed hit....knocked him straight on his ass....aha

MACH1
09-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Given what happened in the Superbowl where Fitz scored way too fast and gave us time to answer, and then even in this very game where both teams scored the games only TDs inside the last two minutes of the first half with drives less than a minute each, I was screaming at Hines to just get down long before he was even close to getting to the endzone where he would soon fumble.

But to be honest, what upset me most about Hines tonight wasn't the fact that he made a mistake by getting too greedy, it was his reaction to it afterward. IMO he brooded over the mistake far too long I was worried his mood on the sideline would affect others when he should have dealt with the mistake and put it behind him much sooner than he did. Luckily he came in for OT and caught a big pass right away, but still, I hate to see any of our players brooding over a mistake like that.

Its hard to be happy go luck when you just might have lost the game like that. Its kinda hard to forget. Luckily it turned out the way it did.

jjpro11
09-11-2009, 02:01 AM
it was a shame it happened.. but i am glad we won and he can move past it rather than having it eat him up for the next 10 days had we lost.

brick
09-11-2009, 02:14 AM
i know people are going to say he should have just gone down but thats not the way he plays, he wanted that TD. awful time to fumble but we won the game so who cares. hopefully it won't ever happen again.

Lock Down
09-11-2009, 02:24 AM
anyone see that hit hines put on the CB once we got back on the field...basically looked like an ed reed hit....knocked him straight on his ass....aha

That hit was nasty!

brick
09-11-2009, 02:26 AM
monster hit. i fear for the man who has to take on an angry hines ward.

gaysteelerfan
09-11-2009, 04:04 AM
Hines is really cute when he gets mad

sharkweek
09-11-2009, 04:11 AM
Its hard to be happy go luck when you just might have lost the game like that. Its kinda hard to forget. Luckily it turned out the way it did.

I wouldn't want him to come up smiling like he does after he takes a big hit. But I would like to see him less brooding over it. Yes he might have almost lost the game with that play, but you keep your composure and you fight on. He certainly redeemed himself quickly but for all the relatively lengthy times the cameras stayed on him on the sidelines after that play he just looked too absorbed in the mistake he made in the past as opposed to focusing on what he needed to do in the immediate future to redeem himself (which he ultimately ended up doing).

CaliStillersFan
09-11-2009, 04:35 AM
Since that so rarely happens to Hines, I couldn't haven't been mad at him even if we did lose. It's was awesome to see the team step it up and get his back for that mistake. Reminded me of that Bettis fumble in that Indy playoff game years back.

Galax Steeler
09-11-2009, 04:44 AM
I don't see how anyone could get mad over that fumble by Ward. Look at how many games the man has won for us. It kind of reminds you of the Bettis fumble against the Colts in that playoff game they just never fumble and we take everything for granite that when they touched the ball it was automatic goes to show you that everyone is human great game Ward.

redst3
09-11-2009, 04:45 AM
What fumble, WE WON :drink:

JackHammer
09-11-2009, 04:57 AM
He certainly redeemed himself quickly but for all the relatively lengthy times the cameras stayed on him on the sidelines after that play he just looked too absorbed in the mistake he made in the past as opposed to focusing on what he needed to do in the immediate future to redeem himself (which he ultimately ended up doing).

Well obviously he already knew what he needed to do to redeem himself or that "brooding" would've prevented him from redeeming himself. Hell, he knew what he needed to do before he even got to the sideline immediately following the fumble.

Kvnfaber
09-11-2009, 09:30 AM

It's called competitive nature, and Hines probably has more of it then 99% of NFL players. Bottom line is, he came out in OT and made some plays to help us win the game. If anything, our team was motivated to win this game for Hines' sake.

stb_steeler
09-11-2009, 09:54 AM

Yeah, what did he say to sweed last season during the ratbirds game. You could see it bothering him for awhile lastnight.....

steelpride12
09-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Hines Ward in no way deserves and disrespect or smack talk just because he made two mistakes, his fumble and penalty. Ward is a Steelers legend and gave this team the kick in the ass to win our last two Super Bowls. Hines Ward sorry to say is not perfect and he still helped us win that game last night and we should all be grateful we have him. Hats off Ward.

SteelerFanInATL
09-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Hines has won way more games than he has lost. I can live with the outcome.

I was thinking along those lines myself when he fumbled. Hehas done way more good than bad.:chuckle::chuckle:

stillers4me
09-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Hines is really cute when he gets mad
:chuckle:

What fumble, WE WON

:hatsoff:

Hines and Jerome can now be mentioned in the same breath...as if they couldn't before!

We won! Movin' on............

TackleMeBen
09-11-2009, 10:53 AM
at least ben didnt have to make a game saving tackle....:wink02:

stillers4me
09-11-2009, 11:06 AM
For anyone interested.......Hines has a facebook page. He left a message this morning.

Hines Ward: It's morning! I'm headed to treatment, then to catch a flight to LA for a photo shoot. All while holding a football. :) Thanks for all the support, I felt you when I needed it.

Become of fan of Hines to leave a message. Sontonio has a page, too.

bigj26o(scm 899)
09-11-2009, 11:37 AM
It was hard to believe he fumbled, but he is one of the most sure handed receivers in the game and he has saved the team so many times, i felt bad for him. But that hit was awesome HINES in EFFECT. Gotta love his competitiveness.

jsp9999
09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Fumble is part of the game. All receivers are coached to go for endzone or fight for extra yards. We as fans don't want to see receivers, aka moss, go down immediately fearing hits from db's or safety or step outside jogging. I call them flag football players with exceptional skills but Hines is in true NFL. I can't possibly blame him fumbling the ball to get extra yardage even if steelers lost in ot

steelreserve
09-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't think it was a mistake to try and go for the touchdown, like the announcers were saying. If he'd fallen down and we kicked a field goal, we still weren't guaranteed a win because Tennessee still had all their timeouts and would've gotten the ball back. You always want the touchdown if you can help it, and since the odds of a fumble versus the odds of scoring were pretty low in that situation, I've got to say trying to fight his way for the touchdown was the right move. The defender just made a perfect play to strip the ball.

steeltheone
09-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Yes you can't hold back a all out hussle player, It's impossible. many more pluses than minuses

Hines0wnz
09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
He STILL looked upset even after we won. Hines is probably his own biggest critic.

Totally.

solardave
09-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Here's the thing about Hines fumbling the ball. Can anyone remember the last time he did that? One got kicked up in the air when he was hit but I can't recall him ever fumbling like last night. My point is that it was something he never does. Did he handle it right.Probably not but what would any competitor like him do in that circumstance/ I'd say the same thing.He'll be fine by next week, and a better player for it if that's possible.I'll take 1 of him over 100 TO's or OCHO's any day.

steel striker
09-11-2009, 09:50 PM
You know Hines has made so many big plays for us and, he was trying to take it to the house. Sure it is easy to say catch the ball and, drop to the turf. We all know thats not how Hines plays football. I bet that will be the last fumble he has this year. I'm just glad we won that game.