PDA

View Full Version : Steelers v. Titans Game #1 - Who Gets Your Game Ball?

HometownGal
09-10-2009, 11:49 PM
So many choices, but I have to give both Ben and Santo a game ball. Ben held that O together and Santo was just amazing tonight! :applaudit: :hatsoff:

I also have to give a half of a game ball to the OL - they were awesome during the Steelers last two O drives. :thumbsup:

BozMan
09-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Ben and the STs. Blocked FG made a world of difference in close game.

mcopenhaver
09-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Troy was huge, before he got injured/

BlastFurnace
09-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Ben

fansince'76
09-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Ben on offense, Woodley and Harrison on D - those guys together are scary.

The Duke
09-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Ben

Tough as always and almost 400 yards passing. how often does THAT happen?

BleedBlacknGold0
09-10-2009, 11:56 PM
I thought Mewelde Moore was huge. There was virtually no running game tonite but at least he made some plays on the receiving end.

RunWillieRun
09-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Ben on the offense with Santo a close second.

I would have to go with Farrior on D....I noticed him a lot tonight.

Honorary goes to Troy...get healthy...and quick

Steel_Bus_24
Our D, we should not have been in position to win with how bad our O played most of that game

We have to improve if we want to win our division let alone another title

Everybody pray for Troy

Preacher
Ok.

Ben, Heath and Reed.

On D., Troy in the first half.

pepsyman1
09-10-2009, 11:58 PM
HTG I've got to agree with you....we are struggling with running the ball, but the O line provided some great pass protection all night. There were only a couple of plays that they got beaten by a blitz and I can only lay the blame for one of the sacks on them. Most of the 2nd half Ben had time to read the paper while he looked for open men.

Lock Down
09-10-2009, 11:59 PM
I will give it to Ben, with props to O-Line for the pass protection. Santo definitely had a big game though i think we are now starting to expect that.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Ben...
and Troy in the 1st quarter

Pi Kapp Steeler
09-11-2009, 12:01 AM
I know most of you dont wanna hear this, but the offensive play call was horrible. The reason why we dont have a ground game is because we make so obvious when we are going to run! ahhhh this was a stressful game!

T.Richardson
09-11-2009, 12:02 AM
I know most of you dont wanna hear this, but the offensive play call was horrible. The reason why we dont have a ground game is because we make so obvious when we are going to run! ahhhh this was a stressful game!

lol

mcopenhaver
09-11-2009, 12:03 AM
We have to improve if we want to win our division let alone another title

Definately need to improve. Ben was dead on too... "no statement we have to get ready for the next game".

But I let meyself think... just a little... that was maybe the best team we face all season, and we came out on top. It's good to be a Steeler fan!

CargoJon
09-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Fox for being smart enough to pick up that fumble when the Titans' guy got hurt and dropped the ball..........

MACH1
09-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Ben's the man!

mcopenhaver
09-11-2009, 12:06 AM

Definately agree! We moved the ball best when we didn't bother pretending that we might run. Something's gotta be done about that.

steelpride12
09-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Ben. I don't care if he had two picks and got sacked 4 times. He led the team to the winning drive in OT and I give him all the credit for the game winning drive!

HometownGal
09-11-2009, 12:10 AM
I also have to give half of a game ball to Mike Wallace - had he not kept his focus on Ben and got in position to catch that last pass before the FG, the game could have had a much different outcome. :hatsoff:

Props also to KFox. That kid played very well! :applaudit:

Bluedust
09-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Troy was an absolute monster before he was MADDEN CURSE'D.

But it was definitely Ben, he was under pressure all night but he was the captain.

Pi Kapp Steeler
09-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Troy was an absolute monster before he was MADDEN CURSE'D.

But it was definitely Ben, he was under pressure all night but he was the captain.

damnit forgot about madden curse

Bluedust
09-11-2009, 12:15 AM
damnit forgot about madden curse

Yeah man, Fitz is crapping his pants right now.

Isn't it eerie?? Every frickin year..

Steel Head
09-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Big Ben and Max Starks

Steelerfreak58
09-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Where is the Miller love? The guy was catching all kinds of key drive passes when they were needed like money!

I say it time and time again.... Heath Miller is the best TE in the game of football today and he gets overlooked so often.

Bluedust
09-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Where is the Miller love? The guy was catching all kinds of key drive passes when they were needed like money!

I say it time and time again.... Heath Miller is the best TE in the game of football today and he gets overlooked so often.

Actually... okay, you're right, I overlooked Heath.

I still feel Ben / Holmes was #1, but Heath was definitely a beast.

tony hipchest
09-11-2009, 12:20 AM
no question - BIG BEN.

santonio proved why he is money.

troy may have proved why he is the most dominant and amazing player in the game.

but ben made some throws that shouldve never been complete.

him or troy could be single handedly be attributed to winning the game.

I.C. Lights
Hey friends! Long time no post. I had to watch the game via gamecast and it looked like Mike wallace had a couple great catches for a rookie and would be a worthy gameball alternative to our usual rockstars. Those of you who saw the game - how excited should we be about this guy?!

StainlessStill
Very impressed by the O-Line, they made it happen tonight, esp in pass protection. A step in the right direction for the passing game. Ben is an absolute ANIMAL and is the best elite, clutch Quarterback in the league. Ben gaining momentum in the 2nd half, as always and finishing 33-43 , 363 yards, completing his last 17 or so balls. Ben's 18th comeback win in his career.. stunning.

Special teams is MONSTEROUS, Stefan Logan is a STAR, and defense showed how good they REALLY were when Troy went down. Supulveda is going to win many games for us! Running game I have no comment, or I'll punch a hole through my monitor. Moore must get more playing time, period.

Ben gets my game ball. Beautiful game sitting 1-0!

JEFF4i
09-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Big Ben.

LVSteelersfan
09-11-2009, 12:21 AM
I agree with you. Heath was a monster out there tonight.

fansince'76
09-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Hey friends! Long time no post. I had to watch the game via gamecast and it looked like Mike wallace had a couple great catches for a rookie and would be a worthy gameball alternative to our usual rockstars. Those of you who saw the game - how excited should we be about this guy?!

He looked like a seasoned vet on the catch that put us in position for the winning FG. Saw Ben in trouble and helped him out.

HometownGal
09-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Those of you who saw the game - how excited should we be about this guy?!

Speaking for myself here - I am VERY excited about this young man and have been since I first saw him in TC and in preseason. He's going to be a huge asset to this team. :applaudit:

Bluedust
09-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Let me ask,

When we got the ball in overtime, who had complete confidence in Ben?

Or how about before the half?

This guy is amazing, I've never seen anyone as clutch as this guy, I just wish they ran his no huddle the whole game, because that seems like the only time we're offensively successful.

devilsdancefloor
09-11-2009, 12:24 AM
James Farrior

Steel Head
09-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Speaking for myself here - I am VERY excited about this young man and have been since I first saw him in TC and in preseason. He's going to be a huge asset to this team. :applaudit:

Hell yeah, I think a lot of us thought he would become our #3 WR eventually but I didn't think he would be in the first friggin game!

Good performance by Wallace and that last catch was CLUTCH

I think he'll get better every game

steelreserve
09-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Holmes. He caught just about everything for us tonight and seemed like he singlehandedly kept most fo our drives going (such as they were).

Close runner-up to Ben for playing a brutally efficient game and coming up big in the clutch EVERY time it mattered.

The defense should get a ton of credit too, for saving the game for us more times than I can count, and while missing two or three of their key guys, too.

Pi Kapp Steeler
09-11-2009, 12:27 AM
I have no comment, or I'll punch a hole through my monitor.

I am right there with you bro.

steelpride12
09-11-2009, 12:27 AM
The offense was the players of the game all of them. The OL, Holmes, Ben and Wallace all stepped up in the ovetime of the game to win it again!

steelreserve
09-11-2009, 12:30 AM

Wallace? He looked right at home like a 5-year veteran; he wasn't even fazed. He's got great things ahead of him. Why the hell are we worried about Limas Sweed being able to catch or not, again?

Steelboy84
09-11-2009, 12:32 AM
The defense!

Bluedust
09-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Holmes was just a monster tonight.

I.C. Lights
09-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Wallace? He looked right at home like a 5-year veteran; he wasn't even fazed. He's got great things ahead of him. Why the hell are we worried about Limas Sweed being able to catch or not, again?

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear/read! Thanks!

7SteelGal43
09-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Big Ben :tt03:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-11-2009, 01:14 AM
The defense and the special teams.

I also gotta toss one to Ben for being clutch when we need it the most.

Preacher
09-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Hell yeah, I think a lot of us thought he would become our #3 WR eventually but I didn't think he would be in the first friggin game!

Good performance by Wallace and that last catch was CLUTCH

I think he'll get better every game

:chuckle:

Absolutely... and yeah, I didn't think he would show up like that in the first game either.

When was that last time we had a third round receiver step up like that? :wink02:

brick
09-11-2009, 01:19 AM
ben. he took over bigtime and would have won the game in regulation if the fumble didn't happen.

Steelers
09-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Big Ben. He just turned it on with it all on the line as per usual.

billybob
09-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Mike Tomlin , for helping to make sure our guys know we play for 60 min. the way he has prepared them for the defense of our title . Total team effort in my book .

FSJSteel
09-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Holmes, Wallace, MeMo all share it for me on offense.

Farrior on defense, no doubt.

Edit; I've got to add Fox on defense, he played a real solid game when called upon.

Sharkissle29
09-11-2009, 02:32 AM
not arians

sharkweek
09-11-2009, 03:36 AM
The defense did ok but fell apart too much after Troy went out, so I can't give them props. Other than Troy, there really weren't any major standouts, a lot of guys came up with some really good plays but there really wasn't just anyone player that was standing out like Troy was. Of course that's great, we want the team to be good before individuals, but still, the way they gave up that TD drive at the end of the 1st half was terrible.

That being said, the game ball would have to go to an offensive player. Now while Heath had a huge game and was clutch, it is hard to single him out when Ben really did spread the ball around pretty well, Holmes had just as many major contributions. So with that said, Ben would get my game ball. He really only had one bad pass and it was that one INT, the hail marry INT was pretty much a given, it was a low-risk desperation play (although the guy returned farther than I would have liked) that also showed his selflessness - someone caring about their stats above what would be best for the team wouldn't have agreed to such a play.

Special teams was also huge - Logan didn't have a kick return for a TD but his first return showed immediately why he is a major addition to the team. His return and Sepulveda's punt bailed out our offense's immediate failure by sticking the Titans with poor field position for their first drive. Of course a blocked FG and smart / heads up kick returns and coverages round out an A effort by the ST. Logan didn't do anything exceptionally exciting, but he also showed great intelligence and restraint - I'm confident he'll be smart enough to protect the ball first and make plays second.

Galax Steeler
09-11-2009, 04:30 AM
I have to give it to Ben a well played game.

TackleMeBen
09-11-2009, 07:05 AM
i am going to have to give it to Sep. he kept pinning Tenn back in their own zone.

(the slap of the game would go to collinsworth, i really hate this guy, but the comment he made about ben's legal issue was mean.)

eafratitpm3
09-11-2009, 07:42 AM
In no particular order: Ben, Santo, Memo, Heath on offense. The whole D, Troy was lights out until the injury. ST's, Sep really changed the field position game, this kid Logan is a speed burner. I can't remember the last returned we had that had his kind of speed. 1-0 Baby!!!!!

mmalone
09-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Logan 116 yards... Good Start..

Boomerang
09-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Santonio gets my vote,he is looking focused.:tt02::tt03:

steeltheone
09-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Big Ben No Ben...No Win

jcdavey08
09-11-2009, 08:39 AM
hey guys, great game last night, perfect way to kick off the 09 nfl season

i love watching a good defensive struggle

i hope polomalu's ok for you guys, he's too exciting of a player , him being out hurts the nfl

GBMelBlount
09-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Ben & Holmes.

stlrtruck
09-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Got to go with Ben!

Despite his OL, he made the moves when it had to get done.

KeiselPower99
09-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Ill go with Ben. He made every throw that was needed.

memphissteelergirl
09-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Ben...came through in the clutch as usual! :thumbsup:

Honorable mentions to:

Reed
D-Sep
Miller
Troy Polamalu-MONSTER first half (one handed INT was sick!)
PLEASE get better soon, #43...we need ya!!

revefsreleets
09-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Bruce Arians...seriously...the coaches always get the blame when we lose, and never get any praise when we win...

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Bruce Arians...seriously...the coaches always get the blame when we lose, and never get any praise when we win...

If you are gonna use that logic, then its gotta be Bob Ligashesky.

His unit held the Titans to 3.5 yard avg. in punt returns, accounted for 6 of the 13 points (including the winning points) and had a 29yard average on kickoff returns!! Give it to Bob!!! :banana: