PDA

View Full Version : Parker Our Best Back Tonight

Preacher
09-11-2009, 01:36 AM
So. If we are playing the stats game. Parker and Mendy had an avg. of 1.5 yards, and Moore an average of 1.6 yards.

BUT WAIT!!!!

Parker 13 for 19 yards ... and a 8 yard run. You gotta take out the long run, which then averages .85 yards
Moore has 5 for 8 yards... and a 4 yard run. You gotta take out the long run, which then averages .8 yards
Mendy was 4-6 yards.. and a 3 yard run. You gotta take out the long run, which then averages .75 yards.

So accordingly... Parker is our BEST RB this game! :rofl:

:stirthepot:

Rek
09-11-2009, 01:52 AM
So. If we are playing the stats game. Parker and Mendy had an avg. of 1.5 yards, and Moore an average of 1.6 yards.

BUT WAIT!!!!

Parker 13 for 19 yards ... and a 8 yard run. You gotta take out the long run, which then averages .85 yards
Moore has 5 for 8 yards... and a 4 yard run. You gotta take out the long run, which then averages .8 yards
Mendy was 4-6 yards.. and a 3 yard run. You gotta take out the long run, which then averages .75 yards.

I'll take it! :thumbsup:

Pittsky
09-11-2009, 01:53 AM
:poop:

Mordax
09-11-2009, 01:54 AM
^this

MACH1
09-11-2009, 01:56 AM

BUT WAIT!!!!

:buttkick:

GodofGridiron
09-11-2009, 02:04 AM
I just once........JUST ONCE would like to see Parker break a tackle. ANy tackle. Im tired of seein him go down by being "grazed" by the arm of a defender. Or gettin tripped up by blades of grass.

Chris Johnson is so much more of a complete back than Willie is. Mwelde is more of a complete back than WIllie is.

Cut this guy after the season and invest that money elsewhere like an O lineman (free agent) Parkers expiration date is upon us.

At least Mendy got positive yards when there initially wasnt anything there.

MACH1
09-11-2009, 02:07 AM
See what you started Preach. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
09-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Well considering that there is already a thread about the running game that is well on its way to becoming yet another "Willie Sucks" thread, yeah, I'm afraid he has started something.

I know you were trying to be funny Preach, but you should know by now that any and all threads having anything to do with Parker will be hijacked and shot to hell and back.

Preacher
09-11-2009, 02:12 AM
Well considering that there is already a thread about the running game that is well on its way to becoming yet another "Willie Sucks" thread, yeah, I'm afraid he has started something.

I know you were trying to be funny Preach, but you should know by now that any and all threads having anything to do with Parker will be hijacked and shot to hell and back.

Too true...

But I thought that with all the other threads... MAYBE the Willie hate would be exzpended there.

Forgot about just how much there is.

SO PLEASE... PEOPLE.... SENSE OF HUMOR?

GodofGridiron
09-11-2009, 02:19 AM
Somebody tell ME.....whats so "special" about WIllie really. I mean what sets him apart from other backs in the league ? Honestly....Not hating on the dude but i dont see anything spectacular except speed. CJ has speed, Tomlinson has speed.... Turner, Hightower, Westbrook, Peterson, Slaton, Jacobs.......

If you cant give me anything then why in the hell do we pay him like hes special, Why isnt he used more in the passing game or on third downs ? Ima use the term "1 trick pony"..... yeah.........there........said it.....meant it. I dont see what so special.

What sets him apart from backs on THIS team ?

Educate me.

X-Terminator
09-11-2009, 02:37 AM
Somebody tell ME.....whats so "special" about WIllie really. I mean what sets him apart from other backs in the league ? Honestly....Not hating on the dude but i dont see anything spectacular except speed. CJ has speed, Tomlinson has speed.... Turner, Hightower, Westbrook, Peterson, Slaton, Jacobs.......

If you cant give me anything then why in the hell do we pay him like hes special, Why isnt he used more in the passing game or on third downs ? Ima use the term "1 trick pony"..... yeah.........there........said it.....meant it. I dont see what so special.

What sets him apart from backs on THIS team ?

Educate me.

Don't see anyone claiming he is.

The ONLY thing people have said regarding the Wille hate is that he is NOT...NOT...NOT...the sole reason for the problems with the running game. Everything in this game starts up front, and if the guys up front aren't getting the job done, then the rest of the unit suffers for it. The best RBs in the league would struggle behind that OL. Plus, Tennessee is one of the best in the league at stopping the run - I'd say 4th behind the Vikings, Steelers and Rats. That cannot be overlooked. When you're seeing 8 and 9-man fronts against the run, it makes it a little difficult to have success. However...if Ben continues to shred secondaries like he apparently did tonight (haven't watched the game yet), opposing defenses may be more hesitant to load up against the run and the backs may get a little more room. Though, I still wouldn't be confident even then with that OL's pathetic run blocking.

brick
09-11-2009, 02:39 AM
agreed that willie didn't have a great game and yea he did go down quite a bit at the first hit, but honestly who do you think could prosper with that run blocking (or lack thereof)? i don't think many of the premier backs would be doing that great either, it's not all his fault.

GodofGridiron
09-11-2009, 03:21 AM
The great ones have "that knack" for making the first man miss, getting that extra yard, or exhibiting excellent vision. Anticipation.......among other characteristics. Making a positve gain outta nothing. They exhibit most of these if not all in addition to speed.

All im saying is, we can sign an undrafted free agent rookie or draft a back in round 6 or 7 that can give us nothing but speed. Hell, just sign Usain Bolt if u want speed.

Has WIllie even worked in the offseason on his pass catching ability ? Seems to me if u wanna be GREAT, you recognize your shortcomings and shore them up.

Recognizing issues with the line of course, but make yourself a viable productive target in the passing game and utilize that speed in the open field and then youll be a glaring mismatch for the opponent (theres not a LB that has the foot speed to run him down)

Fire Haley
09-11-2009, 06:24 AM
We don't need no stinking running game. Just like I perdicted.

Shotgun, no-huddle 33/43 363 yds - against one of the best defenses

mmalone
09-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Has WIllie even worked in the offseason on his pass catching ability ? Seems to me if u wanna be GREAT, you recognize your shortcomings and shore them up.

he could have, arians wont get him in a play that calls for him to make a catch.
i didnt see one try at it...

same with mendy, i think he can catch... but never got a crack at one.

Summers size should get more than 1.5 yards, he didnt get one crack at it either.

Moore could have had more, Ben threw them into the ground a few times.
Even Wallace could have had a few more catches, but the ball was short and low.

Moore had 4 or 5 first downs... he can catch....
McDonald can catch too. he was in his beach cloths.

Wow....... Take off the Rosie lenses boys its Arians....

Venom
09-11-2009, 06:54 AM
If Willy is looking to get a big contract after this season with the Steelers or some other team, he better start getting more than 20-25 yards per game !!!

Steeldude
09-11-2009, 07:57 AM
i would say moore was the best RB last night.

parker's lateral speed was rather poor. while the O-line was poor, some of the blame must go to the RBs on a few of the runs.

mmalone
09-11-2009, 08:10 AM
i would say moore was the best RB last night.

parker's lateral speed was rather poor. while the O-line was poor, some of the blame must go to the RBs on a few of the runs.

Moore was playing the final SB drive too. Same results.. Yards and wins.

Arians calls a different game with moore in there. we play better.

its not the Players. its the play calling and overall scheme of the game when moore is in.

Its like 2 different teams on the field...

Crow-Magnon
09-11-2009, 08:25 AM
First off, congrats on the win. That was a hard-fought game.

If Ben ever goes down for the count, that running game is going to be a real thorn in the Steelers side. Yeah, the Titans have a good defense, but that running game sucks. It looked like every time a Steelers RB got popped initially, that was that.

The Steelers do have one hell of a passing game, though. Why Tennessee didn't keep sending safties or LB's in to pressure Roethlisberger is beyond me. You cannot give that guy time to run around and throw. Hasn't the rest of the league figured that out by now?

VinnySteel
09-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Don't see anyone claiming he is.

The ONLY thing people have said regarding the Wille hate is that he is NOT...NOT...NOT...the sole reason for the problems with the running game. Everything in this game starts up front, and if the guys up front aren't getting the job done, then the rest of the unit suffers for it. The best RBs in the league would struggle behind that OL. Plus, Tennessee is one of the best in the league at stopping the run - I'd say 4th behind the Vikings, Steelers and Rats. That cannot be overlooked. When you're seeing 8 and 9-man fronts against the run, it makes it a little difficult to have success. However...if Ben continues to shred secondaries like he apparently did tonight (haven't watched the game yet), opposing defenses may be more hesitant to load up against the run and the backs may get a little more room. Though, I still wouldn't be confident even then with that OL's pathetic run blocking.

I disagree, I think there were holes last night that Willie was not plowing through. And sometimes it looked like he had some shots to break them outside and he either decided to late to do that or got touched by a defender and fell down. He looked indecisive last night. I kept screaming "just pick a direction and go!"

stlrtruck
09-11-2009, 08:44 AM

BUT WAIT!!!!

See, this post right here is whey we desperately need the "sarcasm smiley"

Preach :kick: :buttkick:

steelreserve
09-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Too true...

But I thought that with all the other threads... MAYBE the Willie hate would be exzpended there.

Forgot about just how much there is.

SO PLEASE... PEOPLE.... SENSE OF HUMOR?

Man, you guys thought I was the only one, since I had to carry the torch for most of the slow season.

Don't worry; it'll die down during the upcoming easy stretch.

Also: Seeing that post of just a dogshit smiley about four messages in, made me realize how much better it would be if we also had a giant dogshit smiley:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/capt_taco/dogpoop-icon.gif

Hines0wnz
09-11-2009, 04:52 PM
:popcorn:

HAWK
09-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Mendy vs Parker...Mendy might not have put up allot of yards, but he did run with spirit. Parker looked like he's running/playing to not get hurt.

steelreserve
09-11-2009, 05:08 PM
parker was above average for a number of years but now he is one of the worst starting running backs in the league. call it whatever you want but barely reaching the line of scrimming what seems like 80% of the time isn't doing the job. i wish they would give mendenhall a real chance, one play here and there is enough to judge

Does zero technically count as a number or not?

Preacher
09-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Mendy vs Parker...Mendy might not have put up allot of yards, but he did run with spirit. Parker looked like he's running/playing to not get hurt.

Someone else said it well. He looks like he IS playing hurt. I gotta wonder if his hammy is fully ready yet.

Hines0wnz
09-11-2009, 05:11 PM
parker was above average for a number of years but now he is one of the worst starting running backs in the league. call it whatever you want but barely reaching the line of scrimming what seems like 80% of the time isn't doing the job. i wish they would give mendenhall a real chance, one play here and there is enough to judge

Does zero technically count as a number or not?

:rofl: I guess all those defenders preventing him from getting to the line don't count? Or maybe Willie sees dead people in the back field and panics! :chuckle:

CPanther95
09-11-2009, 05:11 PM
If Willy is looking to get a big contract after this season with the Steelers or some other team, he better start getting more than 20-25 yards per game !!!

Well, if he had a few more carries, he would have. :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
09-11-2009, 05:26 PM
he could have, arians wont get him in a play that calls for him to make a catch.
i didnt see one try at it...

same with mendy, i think he can catch... but never got a crack at one.

Summers size should get more than 1.5 yards, he didnt get one crack at it either.

Moore could have had more, Ben threw them into the ground a few times.
Even Wallace could have had a few more catches, but the ball was short and low.

Moore had 4 or 5 first downs... he can catch....
McDonald can catch too. he was in his beach cloths.

Wow....... Take off the Rosie lenses boys its Arians....

willie had 1 catch woo hoo i can always count on you to blame arians lol on man you are a broken record with this stuff!