PDA

View Full Version : mel kipers projected steeler pick @#28

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 05:26 PM
cromartie the cb from fsu. ikes played well and mcfadden helped save the steelers vs. the colts with that great defense on reggie wayne who will be the most sought after f.a. wr in the nfl this year. do we really need another high pick on a cb or gamble with another young one like ike taylor. could colclough just be a victim of a crowded backfield?

TasmanianTroy271
01-17-2006, 05:38 PM
I think we have much bigger needs at LB, WR, and C than CB, I would flip if the Steelers got a CB first round...

Prosdo
01-17-2006, 05:40 PM
I agree Tas. I couldn't see them going CB in the first.

Brady12
01-17-2006, 05:40 PM
I agree with Troy, I don't think their problem is Cornerback.

SteelCityMan786
01-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Leon Washington makes a good idea for a RB. The Man is very versitle. And if we don't get Kimo back try to get Tamba Hali.

SteelerDan43
01-17-2006, 06:31 PM
I really dont see Hali being there when we pick... :helmet:

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Strange pick, but he always bases early picks more on player rankings than needs...he'll fine-tune this 1,000 times between now and April 29th, and still miss 50% of the time (and he's the best of the bunch)...

Koopa
01-17-2006, 08:05 PM
damn this dude is 6'3", i think i'll be pissed if we get a corner in the first round, i either want a saftey (if hope doesn't resign), a DE to groom, or a WR to replace ARE (regardless if he stays or not)

and yeah i wouldn't put to much stock into this mock draft like suit said it's early so he's basically just doing them as rankings of the players, and he also had denver winning it all so that tells you more that he doesn't really know what he is talkin about :grin:

LambertIsGod58
01-17-2006, 08:07 PM
I think we're good at RB. Haynes can get it done on short yardage. Parker is doing just fine. I think we need CB's before anything else.

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Why would we need more young CB's when we already have 3, 2 high round picks, all 3 contributing? We'd be the laughingstock of the NFL, a second Detroit for constantly addressing old needs...

Granted our new young DB's have been called into question before, but there's only a combined 6 years experience between the 3 of them.

LambertIsGod58
01-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Maybe not a popular opinion here, but if I have to think Cowher is playing his best horses right NOW. And if these young guys can't take Townsend's spot, then I would have to assume it's b/c they aren't good enough.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2006, 08:46 PM
No way we're going DB in the first round, CB or Safety.. WR, DL, LB, maybe even a RB but no way the secondary at this point.

nu4everfan15
01-17-2006, 08:56 PM
i would take a rb if i knew wat was goin on w/ bettis and duce and everything. There are no good tall wr out there this draft for a first rounder. DE is probably the strongest position imo, so i would take the best of the wats left because there is no huge hole in the team. A LB would be nice as well... that position is filled up w/ great ones 2

Koopa
01-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Maybe not a popular opinion here, but if I have to think Cowher is playing his best horses right NOW. And if these young guys can't take Townsend's spot, then I would have to assume it's b/c they aren't good enough.

cowher ain't letting them take it from him, he doesn't want to put a inexperince player as a starter in the first round, but i guarantee you that my boi bryant mcfadden will be starting along side ike talyor opening week, and we'll be better off for it too

Suitanim
01-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Ike wasn't ready last year, but he sure is this year...and I doubt Deshea is even back next year...

MichiSteeler
01-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Definatly not a CB in the first round... In the later rounds sure. But in the first round I'd rather see us take a defensive end. We also need a center though. And a receiver. It depends on what big time receivers are left by the 32nd pick, if theres nothing that great, I'd take a DE.