PDA

View Full Version : ducking teams in the playoffs -LAME

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 06:43 PM
the bengals easilly wanted the jags in the playoffs. but they couldnt hang with the pressure of winning a must win game forcing the patriots to prove how bad they could suck going into the playoffs to secure the inferior team. the colts wanted no part of the pats unless there was no other option in the afc champ game. the broncos were elated to not have to get slammed by the colts on the road, for a 3rd consecutive year.

and then you have the roadblock steelers. they relished the opportunity to go beat the best in their division-the bengals

the best this year-the colts

and the best last year and defending champs. -the patriots. denver spoiled that and proved they were one of the 2 best remaining this year. beating the 2nd best in the afc will have to do.

the steelers, led by joey porter have pretty much gone to these teams houses, rung the doorball and kicked them in the nuts as soon as they answer. be sure to crap on the lawn on your way out joey!!!!!!!:bouncy:

there aint no ducking anyone where the steelers are concerned! they know that they are the best and now just have to play like it. 2 more games to secure the 8 game winning streak. carolina is the "road warriors"? we are the road block!

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Well, to be honest, we just beat who was in front of us...it's not like we got to choose...

RoethlisBURGHer
01-17-2006, 06:53 PM
the steelers, led by joey porter have pretty much gone to these teams houses, rung the doorball and kicked them in the nuts as soon as they answer. be sure to crap on the lawn on your way out joey!!!!!!!

HELL YEAH!

Livinginthe past
01-17-2006, 07:20 PM
You dont get many choices when you scrape into the 6th seed Tony. Dont get me wrong here - the Steelers have done great - but making them out to be taking down allcomers when they havent even reached the SB is inviting bad karma.

NM

Koopa
01-17-2006, 07:30 PM
You dont get many choices when you scrape into the 6th seed Tony. Dont get me wrong here - the Steelers have done great - but making them out to be taking down allcomers when they havent even reached the SB is inviting bad karma.

NM

i bet you're praying for that

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 07:44 PM

NM

my "karma" will have nothing to do with the outcome of sundays game. it all has to do with the preperation and the attitudes of the players and coaches now. steelers didnt duck nobody and since they expected to be the best this season they never expected to slide by any "weaker" teams anyways. they have been on a mission and know that mission isnt easy. they havnt tried, nor could they have to make it easy. it could be a blessing they didnt get the easy road. now they face the "best" remaining team in the afc. bring on allcomers. its all about attitude and confidence now cause we all know the steelers match up physically and talent wise with any team.

SalukiSteelers
01-17-2006, 07:45 PM

NM

As much as it pains me to agree with a guy who roots for the Chowds, he's right. Pittsburgh hasn't done jack yet so let's not go breaking our arms patting our team on the back. The same fans that are talking about how great the Steelers are right now will be the ones bitching the loudest if the team loses in the playoffs. I know this much, LITP: if the Steelers win the SB this year you'll have to go to another site to play the condescending card.

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 07:46 PM
...it's not like we got to choose...

you mean like the patriots? yeah we just play to win.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Its not like we havent been to the playoffs before.. we should be expecting each year to make the post season.. its a regular thing for us and honestly while its an awesome thing, just making the playoffs isnt that great of an accomplishment anymore becuz our team is so good each year we normally do make it.

Now that we're in the championship game again, its time to finish this and get that SB trophy we've been looking for, for so very long.

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 08:29 PM
some seem to miss the point of this thread. no steeler back patting yet. the broncos seemed to think they had a better chance to stay at home and not go play the colts on the road. the steelers conquered their fear. the broncos seem to think not facing the colts is their best chance at a superbowl. the steelers think going out sunday and playing steeler ball is their best chance. i think its a mental edge.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2006, 08:37 PM
I agree with you on that.. the home team always has a bit of a comfort zone at home.. we've had it in years past and it didnt work for us past the AFCCG..so knowing that we can go into a hostile environment and win is a huge lift for us.

SmashMouthSteelerFan
01-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Boy, I'll tell you what!! I would have loved to have gone up to New England and kicked their teeth in on their home turf!!! Talk about facing your ghosts, and I'm sure anybody on the Steelers would say the same thing! It's just another factor that seperates us from them!!! The Broncos should be a good challenge though!!

Livinginthe past
01-18-2006, 01:43 AM
i bet you're praying for that

Bet Im not Koopa.

Id like to see the Steelers do it this year - the Colts are the only team I dislike in this years playoffs.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-18-2006, 01:45 AM
As much as it pains me to agree with a guy who roots for the Chowds, he's right. Pittsburgh hasn't done jack yet so let's not go breaking our arms patting our team on the back. The same fans that are talking about how great the Steelers are right now will be the ones bitching the loudest if the team loses in the playoffs. I know this much, LITP: if the Steelers win the SB this year you'll have to go to another site to play the condescending card.

Most of the post is spot on.

Only I wont be going anywhere.

NM