PDA

View Full Version : Who's Ready for Nov. 29th?

QuothTheRaven
09-12-2009, 01:50 AM
As much as I hate the steelers I found this video online which has me absolutely pumped for this years ravens-steelers matchup. not trying to bash you guys, just watch the video, the music is really well done. anyone who truely loves football has to be excited for our next game against each other. even though i am from baltimore i have a lot of respect for the steelers because the teams are basically mirror images of each other and both play football the way it was meant to be played

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILuerR0sLnU

Preacher
09-12-2009, 01:55 AM
As much as I hate the steelers I found this video online which has me absolutely pumped for this years ravens-steelers matchup. not trying to bash you guys, just watch the video, the music is really well done. anyone who truely loves football has to be excited for our next game against each other. even though i am from baltimore i have a lot of respect for the steelers because the teams are basically mirror images of each other and both play football the way it was meant to be played

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILuerR0sLnU

:noidea:

Interesting. I am more excited by our game vs. the Bears since it is next week.

BTW, how does it feel knowing that in hoping for a win, your team had to go beg the Kommisar not to play in Pittsburgh on Sunday night or Monday night?

QuothTheRaven
09-12-2009, 01:57 AM
:noidea:

Interesting. I am more excited by our game vs. the Bears since it is next week.

BTW, how does it feel knowing that in hoping for a win, your team had to go beg the Kommisar not to play in Pittsburgh on Sunday night or Monday night?

I'm not trying to start a thread where we bash each other, just thought it was a well put together video which really highlights the physical nature of the pitt-balt games

fansince'76
09-12-2009, 01:58 AM
I liked the video. Best rivalry in the NFL, IMO.

sharkweek
09-12-2009, 02:11 AM
It was pretty obvious a Ravens homer threw that video together, because apparently the Steelers didn't have any plays except for when they scored. 8 minutes of the Ravens trying in vain, 2 minutes of winning plays. Awesome.

QuothTheRaven
09-12-2009, 02:19 AM
It was pretty obvious a Ravens homer threw that video together, because apparently the Steelers didn't have any plays except for when they scored. 8 minutes of the Ravens trying in vain, 2 minutes of winning plays. Awesome.

I think the steelers are well represented in this video, palamalu makes a pretty amazing play to bat away a pass near the beginning and thats shown twice, the sack/ff/td return is played a couple of times, and all of the steelers big plays are shown. it may seem a little unbalanced in the first half of the video, but thats only because the ravens did dominate the first half, the steelers got booed off at halftime as im sure you know. the vid obviously shows the steelers winning so i really dont think its a misrepresentation

sharkweek
09-12-2009, 03:22 AM
Of course it has to show some Steelers plays and that they win or else the video looks even more homerrific.

The video starts on the Steelers first drive, a scoring drive, but it leaves out some exciting pass plays of the type that absolutely litter the video as long as its from Flacco, and instead just shows the last play of the drive where Ben gets sacked and a FG is forced. It was a 49 yard FG too, but that isn't shown.

The ensuing Ravens series stalls out thanks to a James Harrison sack, but this isn't shown (and this is one of the best games of his career)...whereas we get multiple angles of every single sack on Ben...its quite clear that there is bias, we don't see the impressive 15 yard sack and second forced fumble of Flacco that Lamarr Woodley has, of course that didn't need to be shown because the Ravens end up recovering that one and ended up punting :rolleyes:. There is only one other sack shown of Flacco outside of the fumble return, but again, its only one take, and it is shown as if to brag about the adversity he overcame as that drive ended up scoring a TD. What makes it even more blatantly obvious is the fact that Ben was only sacked 3 times, but the video makes it seem like he was sacked every other play by showing every single one and multiple takes to drive home that glorious image (if you're a Ravens fan that is). Whereas Flacco got sacked 5 times and we only see 2 of them, the one with the fumble return is completely unavoidable, and the other is actually used in a positive light...Where's the Timmons sack of Flacco in OT to force a punt and the game winning drive?

The video is so obviously setup to brag about Ravens' plays; evidenced not only by an unbalanced number of clips, but of multiple takes on plays and celebrations involving positive Ravens plays (positive Steelers plays only getting one look, the exception being the fumble return), as well as the inclusion of rather unspectacular plays - as long as they're positive for the Ravens such as simple tackles and stuffs (none for the Steelers) and only shows positive Steelers plays as if it was a forced requirement and/or was too hard to ignore.

That being said, the video is pretty good with some pretty decent editing. The choice of music is great, although some of the transitions are bit crude.

The Lakelander
09-12-2009, 03:33 AM
I'm looking forward to the Ravens once again.

It's a great rivalry right now. The Ravens bring the best out of the Steelers.

Hopefully those games won't be as close this year. :tt02:

stlrtruck
09-13-2009, 08:24 AM
It's difficult to get pumped up for the ravens at this point for two reasons:

1) We play the bears next Sunday

2) How do you get pumped up for a pansy waist team that pleaded with the league not to play in Pittsburgh during prime time?

solardave
09-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Watching that video you would think the Ravens won ALL 3 GAMES last year.I only watch about 2 minutes and came to the conclusion that it was compiled by a Ravens fan. You say you didn't come here to talk smack. I wouldn't even consider going on a Ravens forum because I don't give a damn what Raven's fans think about us,yet you come into our house with this crap!
Here's a hit for you:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVKwkS7XncM

Do the Ravens have any receivers that can hit like this?
How about this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNmEeTgYLvw

I was there and watched that game.I could count the Raven's fans on 1 hand. If that game had been played in Baltimore how many Steeler's fans would be there?
Do us a favor and stay home. We don't need any left handed compliments!

LVSteelersfan
09-13-2009, 10:11 AM
I am sure very few people are pumped for a game that is nowhere near being played. We have the Bears, Bungles, Chargers and Vikings coming up first. I am PUMPED for the Bears. The Ravens are irrelevant at the moment.

steel striker
09-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Right now all were thinking about is the bears. Plus it's a five star match up. You know why? Cause were in it!

Edman
09-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Sorry. I'm ready for September 20th. You know, the Steelers' next game.

Ravnet
09-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I don't get the notion of only being focused on the Bears, are you guys coaches?

Coaches/players have to say that or else they will lose and/or be criticized for overlooking a game; as fans, however, we don't have that obligation. In fact, I would say that our job, as fans, IS to speculate.

I'm not just jumping on Pittsburgh fans as I have this same exact response for Ravens followers when they say that they're only focused on the next game.

steelpride12
09-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Bears are next.

Christian Snyder
09-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I am more excited about the games to come. Nov. 29 is a long way away.

HometownGal
09-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Right now, I'm gearing up for September 20th at 4:15 PM. I'm not even thinking beyond that, though I must admit I always love Steelers/Rats games because of the intense rivalry (and some hatred) between the two teams. Ready to get your purple hineys handed to you again this season? :wink02::tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-13-2009, 10:52 PM
While I love playing you guys because the games are so damn physical...I can't wait for the game against the Bears.

After listening to the Green Bay radio broadcast (I was at work and have Sprint, so I have the NFL mobile thing and can listen to any game) and then getting home for the fourth quarter...I think our defense is going to murder them.

stlrtruck
09-14-2009, 08:17 AM
I don't get the notion of only being focused on the Bears, are you guys coaches?

Coaches/players have to say that or else they will lose and/or be criticized for overlooking a game; as fans, however, we don't have that obligation. In fact, I would say that our job, as fans, IS to speculate.

I'm not just jumping on Pittsburgh fans as I have this same exact response for Ravens followers when they say that they're only focused on the next game.

Because THE NATION takes on the same mentality of the team. We can not cheer for a game that is not about to be played, we look at the next opponent, we look at their last game and we look for weaknesses.

It does us no good to speculate about a gae that is over 2 months away! But here, to tickle your fancy....I speculate that after the beatdowns the ratbirds take this year they'll be writing a letter to the commissioner to not play the Steelers ever again! :toofunny:

PalmerSteel
09-14-2009, 08:33 AM
its a steelers thing ravnet. we or the team dont talk about a team we are going to play weeks away, we dont get shirts printed up for the team saying idiotic things about other teams, and we dont envy ANYONE, ESPECIALLY a team that we beat 3 times last year. when ravens week comes, thats when the match is lit and the feathers begin to burn.

(ps - WHEN ratbirds week does begin, it is an adrenaline rush to know the slugfest that typically happens is like no other in nfl history, imo. )

Ravnet
09-14-2009, 09:06 AM
its a steelers thing ravnet. we or the team

This is what I was looking for; absolutely perfect.

Bravo :applaudit:

mmalone
09-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I think I ran a Raven over today in my car... Oh well... Chiefs almost put a whoopin on ya today... Not impressed with your team boy... you almost lost to a new team.. something like 20 new guys on the 53 man roster...

Funny, it was 24 -24 at one point and KC had who for QB???

I wish the Steelers were playing the Ravens on the 20th...

Wow... I think i seen some of those feathers.. was that on 80?

Indo
09-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Funny, it was 24 -24 at one point and KC had who for QB???

I wish the Steelers were playing the Ravens on the 20th...

Wow... I think i seen some of those feathers.. was that on 80?

Actually, I'm glad the game is some time from now----we are going to need Troy.
I know, I know---the beatdown last year----yadda yadda yadda, but the Ratbirds ALWAYS give us a tough game. Can we win without Troy? Maybe. But I want the best players on the field.

For THIS week---I HATE Da Bears....

kirklandrules
09-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Well Ravens fans should be proud of that video. Somewhere in their dreams they won that game. This video would lead you to believe the much better team lost ("We would have won if it wasn't for those meddling Steelers!"). Here's the best Ravens video ever produced ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZDzOGFXts&feature=PlayList&p=DB3E031FB837FB99&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=29

StainlessStill
09-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Baltimore's defense is on the decline, and even though Flacco shows signs of brilliance, Kansas City's defense played better than I have ever imagined. Brodie f**king Croyle, who is 0-10 lifetime, goes into Baltimore and almost gets it done. Not a good sign for Baltimore if a mediocre team like Kansas City takes you to the limit.

I am not worried about Baltimore until the 29th. We have business before then. Let them worry about us and let them look ahead, it will do them no good.

WindyCitySteelerFan
09-14-2009, 10:41 AM
I too, am ready for this Sunday.. especially since its HERE in my backyard... !!

Here we go!

Ravnet
09-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Kansas City's defense played better than I have ever imagined.

You don't have much an imagination, then, as 500 yards and 38 points isn't good by any measure whatsoever.

solardave
09-14-2009, 12:11 PM
You don't have much an imagination, then, as 500 yards and 38 points isn't good by any measure whatsoever.
The point is they played a weak team and almost got their asses kicked. That's what weak teams do. They give up tons of yardage.You need to worry about every one in between the Steelers, one game at a time and enjoy what wins you can manage.

SteelTalons
09-14-2009, 01:31 PM
I liked the video. Best rivalry in the NFL, IMO.

So did I, and your dead on about the rivalry, they're probably the biggest danger to us on the road to Superbowl 44 honestly. They could very well get to the Superbowl if we don't this year...

Baltimore's one of those must watch games. Brown/Bengals you can skip it you aint gonna miss much. But when you play the Raven's you know your gonna get 60mins(plus, if OT) of championship caliber football.

Mags87
09-14-2009, 01:42 PM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r106/adammagyar/hang.jpg

thats all i have to say about that....

Ravnet
09-14-2009, 02:00 PM
The point is they played a weak team and almost got their asses kicked. That's what weak teams do. They give up tons of yardage.You need to worry about every one in between the Steelers, one game at a time and enjoy what wins you can manage.

Again, why do you feel the need to comment so authoritatively on a game that you didn't watch?

scsteeler
09-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm not trying to start a thread where we bash each other, just thought it was a well put together video which really highlights the physical nature of the pitt-balt games

It is a well put together video if you are Raven Fan. Where's the Highlights of us taking it to the Birds?

:tt02::tt02::tt02: