PDA

View Full Version : Forget my Titans , Positives i seen out of the Steelers Thursday

Kyle021
09-12-2009, 03:51 AM
1 ) your Special Teams return game , and ofcourse your kicker is amazing

2 ) I was proved wrong about your secondary , even without Troy , yall stood pat and played very well on the pass D , forcing our offense off the field quickly , and tiring our defense

3 ) Your Receivers , Great depth , i am a huge longhorn fan , and yall got a steal out of Limas Sweed, i bet Ward is teaching him the ropes on how to be a very good blocking WR to take his reins , ill get back to this subject in a few

4 ) Play Calling - Your Staff makes adjustments everytime something different gets thrown at them , and work it to the fullest , we come with a blitzing D off the bat , yall get beat down , get back up , adjust and gain momentum and move the chains

5 ) MIKE WALLACE & HOLMES - Wallace is going to be a stud , this kid is gonna sit behind Holmes and Ward and learnt he fundementals of this game and grow to be a very good slot receiver , Holmes is on his way to stardom , he has the uncanny ability to find soft spots in defenses and has sticky hands and great balance

Its not fair to judge your running game just yet, in my mind , yall played the #1/#2 best run D in the league THIS year in TN , noone is going to be able to run on us this year , reminisent (sp?) of the 2000 ravens , and yall last year

i think it will pick up over time , that OL just needs to gel more and get together , because they are eventually going to get Big Ben killed , If Pittsburgh doenst do something about this OL Big Ben career will be done before 10 years is up due to concussions via Aikman , on the flip side, has Big Ben had a concussion on the field yet? that is just an assumption of mine

you guys look to have a great team and are going to be hard to get past to the SB this year

look forward to a rematch in the playoff's

just figure i would drop in and compliment your team on beating us and point out the positives you guys got going from a haters perspective , im not gonna get on here and hate on your team because we lost , i rather get on here and compliment you like a true fan would , and give respect where respect is due , even if it hurts

only Message board i would do that too would be the ratbirds , i absolutely hate those pricks and cant wait to get the ultimate revenge on Ray Ray and those ruthless fans

i just love our teams rivalry , great game

sherlock
09-12-2009, 04:19 AM
Great post Kyle021 :hatsoff:
Its taken a Titans fan to see positives from Thursday!
I know what you`re saying about the o-line.Ben does take too many hits but I also think he likes to duck and dive in and out of the pocket and make plays...which the o-line enables him to do on a regular basis..HA!
Ben did get carried of with concussion last season.
All the best for this season.

The Lakelander
09-12-2009, 04:26 AM
Ben received a concussion (mild) in the 2nd Cleveland game last year, if I recall.

I'm not aware of any other in-game concussions Ben has suffered in his career?

sharkweek
09-12-2009, 05:08 AM
Bironas is a beast too, don't get too down on what happened, some of us here wish Reed had his leg. A bad snap on the first FG miss and then a blocked one will make any kicker look bad and the other teams kicker look all the better.

sharkweek
09-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Also, I wouldn't mind if Ben's career stops at only 10 years as long as he keeps up his average of 2 Superbowls every 5 seasons, giving us 4 in that span :wink02:

Lock Down
09-12-2009, 05:41 AM
Class post Kyle, i believe the Titans proved they will be a force once again this season. Kenny Britt showed a bit of promise.

Aussie_steeler
09-12-2009, 06:38 AM
just figure i would drop in and compliment your team on beating us and point out the positives you guys got going from a haters perspective , im not gonna get on here and hate on your team because we lost , i rather get on here and compliment you like a true fan would , and give respect where respect is due , even if it hurts

Great post. :applaudit: I am sensing that the Titan D is going to be pretty stout against the run this year. Probably going to be a very productive defensive unit without Haynesworth.

I am intrigued to see how Nate Washington prospers with the titans this year. He and Kenny Britt could be a good tandem in the future.

Strange that one of the most positive posts this week has come from a titans fan.:thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
09-12-2009, 07:26 AM
[/QUOTE]5 ) MIKE WALLACE & HOLMES - Wallace is going to be a stud , this kid is gonna sit behind Holmes and Ward and learnt he fundementals of this game and grow to be a very good slot receiver , Holmes is on his way to stardom , he has the uncanny ability to find soft spots in defenses and has sticky hands and great balance[QUOTE]

I am really exited about Wallace the guy is showing some promise and he is learning from a couple of good guys in Ward and Holmes. Thanks for the classy post

HometownGal
09-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Its taken a Titans fan to see positives from Thursday!

I realized that too and isn't that pitiful? :shake02:

Very nice post, Kyle and I thank you for being a stand-up guy and sharing your positive thoughts with us.:drink: Steelers fans, for the most part, are very spoiled and some feel it is their God-given right for the Steelers to win a Super Bowl every season and then turn around and look for something - anything - to bitch and moan about. :banging:

Texasteel
09-12-2009, 08:01 AM

2 ) I was proved wrong about your secondary , even without Troy , yall stood pat and played very well on the pass D , forcing our offense off the field quickly , and tiring our defense

3 ) Your Receivers , Great depth , i am a huge longhorn fan , and yall got a steal out of Limas Sweed, i bet Ward is teaching him the ropes on how to be a very good blocking WR to take his reins , ill get back to this subject in a few

4 ) Play Calling - Your Staff makes adjustments everytime something different gets thrown at them , and work it to the fullest , we come with a blitzing D off the bat , yall get beat down , get back up , adjust and gain momentum and move the chains

5 ) MIKE WALLACE & HOLMES - Wallace is going to be a stud , this kid is gonna sit behind Holmes and Ward and learnt he fundementals of this game and grow to be a very good slot receiver , Holmes is on his way to stardom , he has the uncanny ability to find soft spots in defenses and has sticky hands and great balance

1. Seems we've waited a long time for this.

2. Our D secondary is underrated, even by some of us.

3. We've snuck up on some people here. I think they have quietly put together one of the best WR corp. in the league.

4. Be careful saying that around here.

5. Wallace seems to be a God send. He and Sweed makes us a bunch better, now and in the future.

AllD
09-12-2009, 08:09 AM
The Titans have a good RB in the guy not Lendale White. The receiver that had a great game even though he dropped one. Titans are tough and Collins is a legitimate starter in the league, definitely top 10 QB.

The Steelers' OL makes the Titans DL look like the Steelers' DL. Looks like the Steelers are #1, Ravens #2, and Titans #3. However, the Titans ran out of gas. Should be interesting. Whoever wins the battle of attrition is going to the Super Bowl.

1st&Goal
09-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Hats off to the gentleman from Tennessee for such an awesome post. :hatsoff:
We may very well meet again later in the year. My fingernails should have grown back by then.

X-Terminator
09-12-2009, 09:31 AM

Its not fair to judge your running game just yet, in my mind , yall played the #1/#2 best run D in the league THIS year in TN , noone is going to be able to run on us this year , reminisent (sp?) of the 2000 ravens , and yall last year

i think it will pick up over time , that OL just needs to gel more and get together , because they are eventually going to get Big Ben killed , If Pittsburgh doenst do something about this OL Big Ben career will be done before 10 years is up due to concussions via Aikman , on the flip side, has Big Ben had a concussion on the field yet? that is just an assumption of mine

you guys look to have a great team and are going to be hard to get past to the SB this year

look forward to a rematch in the playoff's

only Message board i would do that too would be the ratbirds , i absolutely hate those pricks and cant wait to get the ultimate revenge on Ray Ray and those ruthless fans

i just love our teams rivalry , great game

I'm glad I took you off ignore - thank you for the excellent post! :drink: Though I'm afraid it's a bit too positive for this board - you have to bash anything and everything wrong with the Steelers, even after a win. :doh: It says something about our fans when a Titan fan has a more positive outlook on the Steelers than Steelers fans do.

You have a very stout team down there in Nashville, and are going to be a force to be reckoned with. I knew it was going to be a tough battle to the end and a good test right off the bat. I always preferred playing a tough team at the beginning, because it allows the team to see where they stand against good competition and what they need to improve going forward.

Anyway, thanks again, and good luck!

steel striker
09-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Nice post Kyle and, you have a good there in the titans you guys will be right there at the end. Plus your defense will keep you in every game with a chance at the end. Back to Ben's concussion history i think he had one back in 2006 against the falcons.

jev7452
09-12-2009, 11:24 AM
thank you for the post! the titans are definitely going to be one the elite teams this year with a well rounded offense and solid defense.. i am very impressed with the titans fans, anyone and everyone i know down here in north carolina still talked a ton of crap after that win (panthers?! really?? HA!) except my friend who is a diehard titans fan! go figure haha

Burghfan58
09-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Nice post Kyle and, you have a good there in the titans you guys will be right there at the end. Plus your defense will keep you in every game with a chance at the end. Back to Ben's concussion history i think he had one back in 2006 against the falcons.

Don't forget about the one he took off the windshield of a Chrysler. Should of been wearing one of these-------:helmet:

devilsdancefloor
09-12-2009, 11:33 AM
great comments! :hatsoff: i agree with you but NO.4 around here will get you deemed a idiot for some reason (but i totally agree with you)

MACH1
09-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Classy post. :hatsoff:

:drink:

STEELtownHAVOX
09-12-2009, 03:12 PM
nice post OP. I think Ben suffered a concussion against the Falcons in 06'.

Tinman
09-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey Kyle... I see you are hanging out for a minute too..lol

Yep I have to agree with you. The Steelers seems to be poised to defend the title.

As far as Ben, like I posted in another thread. As a titans fan I can't help but to like Big Ben. He just reminds me of McNair. Plays best when he is moving around and dodging shots. That one play where Jacob ford had the back of his jersey and he still got the completion for the first down was as clutch as it gets. Sigh..... Maybe VY will watch some tape on this and learn soon.. we can only hope, right Kyle..lol

Kyle021
09-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey Kyle... I see you are hanging out for a minute too..lol

Yep I have to agree with you. The Steelers seems to be poised to defend the title.

As far as Ben, like I posted in another thread. As a titans fan I can't help but to like Big Ben. He just reminds me of McNair. Plays best when he is moving around and dodging shots. That one play where Jacob ford had the back of his jersey and he still got the completion for the first down was as clutch as it gets. Sigh..... Maybe VY will watch some tape on this and learn soon.. we can only hope, right Kyle..lol

yea i had to come here for a break , freakin weird , its cool though , pittsburgh i might hate as a team but have to respect the fan base big time , very loyal and can talk football

its sad how run down TC is getting with posters like destro and all them , and wolf yadda yadda , you just cant talk football there after losses , its so annoying , teams lose , but teams win too , unless your the lions lol

I agree with you on Big Ben , how that guy was not hte #1 pick of the draft i dont know , he is a great teamate and is very much like McNair in his toughness and play , they have a future hall of famer at helm right now

Hopefully VY can turn the corner , he looked really good in pre-season , if you ask me better than collins , but you cant say that on titans boards , he should be starting , if he was in there last night in my opinion , the steelers wouldnt of been able to rush as they do , but yet he still has trouble against 3-4 defenses , but so does carrie , at least VY coulda got out of the pocket on plays and run around and make that defense tire like Big Ben did to ours

soon again we shall meet , hopefully our staff can better call plays and adjust more accordingly , and ST doesnt bite us in the ass

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 04:51 PM
well titanfans, dont hesitate to drop by to talk some good football or even for some friendly smack. i dont feel like a homer when i annoint ben as one of the best for the reasons you guys make. he has the true football spirit of guys like favre, mcnair, and elway.

hell, i even own a throwback mcnair oilers jersey cause i found it for the right price. i would wear a favre one too (not elway though).

oddly enough i pulled it out to wear the morning of 4th july to wear to the festivities because of its patriotic red-white-and blue colors.

you guys know the rest. sad day.

campbell, moon, matthews, george, mcnair are what football is all about.

sherlock
09-12-2009, 04:52 PM
It`s really funny and kinda cool how Kyle021 and Tinman are having a conversation on SF!:drink:
It must be pretty bad on TC at the moment!:laughing:

Kyle021
09-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Titan fans have huge hopes for this season

its very much like how you guys had huge hopes with Cowher and finally got that ring after 14 years or so

we are ready , and expect to beat anyone and everyone , with this loss combined with our loss against baltimore stings reeeeeal bad , in wich both games , TN was they're own worst enemy

we are ready , and i love it , but sometimes being so over critical is a bitch and makes it hard to talk football after the game is over

give it a week , after we beat houston everything should be fine lol

X-Terminator
09-12-2009, 05:02 PM
yea i had to come here for a break , freakin weird , its cool though , pittsburgh i might hate as a team but have to respect the fan base big time , very loyal and can talk football

its sad how run down TC is getting with posters like destro and all them , and wolf yadda yadda , you just cant talk football there after losses , its so annoying , teams lose , but teams win too , unless your the lions lol

You definitely haven't been around here very much, because that sounds exactly like this board after losses. Had the Steelers lost Thursday, this board would have been virtually unreadable with all of the "sky is falling" posts. Hell, it's almost there now, and we WON.

Kyle021
09-12-2009, 05:06 PM
i first heard of the board like a day or two before we played this past thursday

i havent been around for that long , i can see it , but its not nearly as bad as TC right now haha

i am laughing at alot of these people who think the sky is already falling for yall , they fail to realize this is theyre first real game since a dramatic win last febuary and against a very , very , very stout opponent

Tinman
09-12-2009, 05:40 PM
I was here last year before the game and after the game...

He is right Kyle... They were talking like they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs.. It was just like TC now... They went on the win the SB...lol

HometownGal
09-12-2009, 07:40 PM
You definitely haven't been around here very much, because that sounds exactly like this board after losses. Had the Steelers lost Thursday, this board would have been virtually unreadable with all of the "sky is falling" posts. Hell, it's almost there now, and we WON.

Aint that the sad and pathetic truth? :rolleyes:

Ben does have the grit, toughness and team spirit of McNair :tombstone: Damn that guy was one tough hombre and Ben is proving over and over again that the naysayers were very wrong about him.

Tinman and Kyle - please feel free to stick around and join in the talk. It's been a pleasure having you both here. :drink::hug:

Texasteel
09-12-2009, 07:45 PM
I was here last year before the game and after the game...

He is right Kyle... They were talking like they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs.. It was just like TC now... They went on the win the SB...lol

Well now, not all of us. The rest fell in line after the SB win. For about 10 minutes.

LVSteelersfan
09-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Good positive chat with some Titan fans. I try to be positive especially after a win. It is just a little irritating at times that they have to keep coming from behind all the time. I just wish they could have some good old but whipping games where the game is never in doubt once in awhile. Although we went 12-4 last year it was one nailbiter after another. That gets disconcerting after awhile. BTW, VY will never amount to anything. Just another one of those Michael Vick type players that makes spectacular plays but makes more boneheaded plays than good ones. You can't win games that way.

FSUBoo
09-12-2009, 08:54 PM
I know Big Ben had a concussion a few years ago from that Bart Scott against the Ratbirds

markymarc
09-13-2009, 06:29 PM
That was a very classy and good football post Kyle021. Your Titans are a very good team and will get plenty of wins in 2009. Couldn't ask for a better 2009 opening season game! I still say that the Titans are a top 5 NFL team right now.