PDA

View Full Version : I wish Norv Turner was Offensive coordinator

GridironWarrior
09-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I was just watching AFC playbook on NFL Network and designed plays where blockers stay in and quick developing pass patterns. No wonder SD offense is light year ahead of Pitts. What does Tomlin see in that stubborn Arians? He's garbage and has stuck no matter where he's been.

Psyychoward86
09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
joke thread ftl.....? :screwy:

MACH1
09-12-2009, 11:50 AM
:yawn:

steelpride12
09-12-2009, 11:54 AM
haha! Wow ya i know I mean we didnt win a Super Bowl the last 2 out of 4 seasons, your so right lol. Stupid thread.

MACH1
09-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Remind me what he did with the raiders. Genius I tell ya.

5-11
4-12

cubanstogie
09-12-2009, 12:00 PM
some of you guys(arians haters) give way too much credit to coaches. Arians would have been an offensive genius if he had Aikman, Irvin, Harper, Novacheck , EMMITT SMITH and one of the best offensive lines ever like Norv did. Its called execution. Our line doesn't get the push we need and none of our backs get yards after contact. Its that simple, you don't run in this league on trick plays by you OC. Its called power football and right now we don't have the personnel for it. Maybe our line will grow into it, who knows. I do know one thing Arians is not our there run blocking. Bottom line is Arians has found ways to win with a one dimensional offense, something very few teams have done in the history of the league. For that we should be thankful, not calling for his head.

KeiselPower99
09-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Remind me what he did with the raiders. Genius I tell ya.

5-11
4-12

Dont forget his year as 49er OC.

devilsdancefloor
09-12-2009, 12:12 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/n4fhcj.jpg

fansince'76
09-12-2009, 12:15 PM
:rolleyes:

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 12:37 PM
some of you guys(arians haters) give way too much credit to coaches. Arians would have been an offensive genius if he had Aikman, Irvin, Harper, Novacheck , EMMITT SMITH and one of the best offensive lines ever like Norv did. Its called execution. Our line doesn't get the push we need and none of our backs get yards after contact. Its that simple, you don't run in this league on trick plays by you OC. Its called power football and right now we don't have the personnel for it. Maybe our line will grow into it, who knows. I do know one thing Arians is not our there run blocking. Bottom line is Arians has found ways to win with a one dimensional offense, something very few teams have done in the history of the league. For that we should be thankful, not calling for his head.turners 1st stint with chargers as OC he had the shittiest o-line in the league from the year before and a team that was like 4-12.

tomlinson made the pro bowl that year and had like 100 receptions i think. no matter where norv goes he turns his runners into pro bowlers.

e. smith, r. williams, s. davis, f. gore, l. tomlinson.

if arians had been fired i would reall have had no problem with turner, cam cameron or *gasp* even brian billick being brought in.

*PERSPECTIVE ALERT*-

steelers are 4 of 5 against the #2 and #3 defenses in the league in the past year. ben has led game winning drives in 3 of them. we won the superbowl in between the last 2.

until arians is fired, i dont even think about who we need to (or even could) replace him.

GridironWarrior
09-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Why do you guys stick up for him? He's horrible. Guess I'm the only one that's not a homer.

fansince'76
09-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Guess I'm the only one that's not a homer.

No, you're just another bandwagoner. Last year all you did was bitch about the OL and how we'd never sniff the Super Bowl because of it, IIRC. Find another team. Please.

GridironWarrior
09-12-2009, 12:46 PM
No, you're just another bandwagoner. Last year all you did was bitch about the OL and how we'd never sniff the Super Bowl because of it, IIRC. Find another team. Please.

Um no been a fan since I was 12. I'm a realist. The O is garbage and will continue to be until there is change. You don't like my opinion don't read my post.

fansince'76
09-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Um no been a fan since I was 12. I'm a realist. The O is garbage and will continue to be until there is change. You don't like my opinion don't read my post.

Just calling it like I see it. If you don't like it, you do likewise.

devilsdancefloor
09-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Why do you guys stick up for him? He's horrible. Guess I'm the only one that's not a homer.

actually NO matter who we get your gonna bitch and whine about them. BA has taken this team to the winner circle week after week like it or not. Could we improve, maybe, but i think he will NOT be fired during the season so just be happy we are winning.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-12-2009, 12:53 PM

Who out there can we replace him with, and be real about it.

Don't say Norv Turner. He's the HEAD COACH of the Chargers. He isn't walking away from that to be the offensive coordinator of the Steelers.

Shannahan? If he wanted to be an OC, he would be on a staff right now. He has no interest in doing it, he wants to only be a head coach.

Gruden? He seems happy to be taking a year away from coaching, and like Shannahan he isn't going to go be an OC somewhere.

And remember, it would have to be a promotion to hire someone off of another staff. We can't hire another team's offensive coordinator to hold the same position here.

And like said before, it's all about execution. The offensive line can't execute run blocking well enough to open holes against good run defenses. They will be average at best against a good run defense. He can't make the line block better, it's up to the players themselves to do so.

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Who out there can we replace him with, and be real about it.

brian billick

GridironWarrior
Tomlin should have done something after the Super Bowl. So now we are stuck with crap. You don't win 2 Bowls in a row with production from the O like this. The D needs rest here and there. Heck Troy himself said it last year that they aren't built for long drives.

GridironWarrior
brian billick

I'd like that very much. He'd use the talent correctly.

RoethlisBURGHer
brian billick

Not sure if I would want Billick at the OC, though he's pretty damn good in those Coors Light commercials. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Tomlin should have done something after the Super Bowl. So now we are stuck with crap. You don't win 2 Bowls in a row with production from the O like this. The D needs rest here and there. Heck Troy himself said it last year that they aren't built for long drives.why dont you answer the damn question? you want norv... people in hell want ice water.

be real or get over it.

GridironWarrior
09-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Did you not see my post agreeing about Bilick? Use your eyes.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Did you not see my post agreeing about Bilick? Use your eyes.

Yeah, Billick is a real offensive genius. He had GREAT OFFENSES in Baltimore.

He was aided by having an excellent offensive line in Minnesota, plus Randy Moss/Chris Carter, and they had Randall Cunningham at QB followed by Daunte Cullpepper back when he was good.

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Did you not see my post agreeing about Bilick? Use your eyes.no, at the time you posted it, i just so happened to be typing a post telling you to quit whining.

i mean seriously... so you wish norv was our coordinator. whoop-dee-doo. heres a cookie. :cookie:

i wish the rooneys had an 80,000 seat stadium to generate new revenue and a $100,000,000 scoreboard video screen i could see from my roof top with a telescope.

and again, people in hell wish they had ice water.

use your common sense. your thread will irritate people because you come across as a sniveling baby, who wishes they had a lolli pop.

GridironWarrior
09-12-2009, 01:18 PM
no, at the time you posted it, i just so happened to be typing a post telling you to quit whining.

i mean seriously... so you wish norv was our coordinator. whoop-dee-doo. heres a cookie. :cookie:

i wish the rooneys had an 80,000 seat stadium to generate new revenue and a $100,000,000 scoreboard video screen i could see from my roof top with a telescope.

and again, people in hell wish they had ice water.

use your common sense. your thread will irritate people because you come across as a sniveling baby, who wishes they had a lolli pop.

Don't like my opinion don't read it. Thanks!

tony hipchest
09-12-2009, 01:28 PM
its not an opinion, its a wish. i bet all you wish for x-mas is your 2 front teeth.

this thread doesnt even belong in the steelers section. it should be moved to the nfl forum, so people can talk about what a great HC norv turner is. :hunch:

otherwise it offers zilch.

AllD
09-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Norv is the Charlie Brown of NFL coaches. I would like to see Lucy hold the ball for him during a FG attempt.

wootawnee
09-12-2009, 02:01 PM
The 3 things an offensive coordinater has to do is...........

1. Make Great Plays.......
This is an art ,and not all plays drawn up will work.......
The blocking schemes for the running plays need some work........We also need some better rb screens........
That is what Norv Turner is great at creating...........

2. Communicate the Plays to the Players.........
This is where I think Bruce needs some work ......
Having the line and rb's understand a play totally in there
soul, and executing it with the correct energy and elusiveness is a must.......

3 Game Play Calling...........
Whiz was great at this........Bruce seems to bumble around
when he has to decide and does not seem confident in
what he is calling at times.....He looks like Neil O'Donnel used to look like........... I can see this in his presence
when the camera is panning on him during the game......
I just think he gets flustered and does not call the plays
with his the calmness that it takes to be the play caller......

I say let Ben call all of the plays in the huddle..........I think he can handle it now......

SteelC7
09-12-2009, 02:02 PM
its not the play calling that sucks, its the execution, and the players being asked to execute it. we won the super bowl and ben threw 32 TDs since arians has been coordinator, and if ur gonna wish for a new coordinator, why norv turner? he sucks, the only time he was a good coordinator was with dallas in the early 1990s. STUPID THREAD

billybob
09-12-2009, 02:23 PM
The mach 5 will survive ! First game was not that pretty but it was a win ! Execution is the main problem , and maybe some predictable calls . I would rather have Arians than i would Norv , sorry mate !

HometownGal
09-12-2009, 02:24 PM
its not the play calling that sucks, its the execution, and the players being asked to execute it. we won the super bowl and ben threw 32 TDs since arians has been coordinator, and if ur gonna wish for a new coordinator, why norv turner? he sucks, the only time he was a good coordinator was with dallas in the early 1990s. STUPID THREAD

Holy Mother of God - another person around here who actually pays attention and gets it! :drink:

I'm 100% behind BA, as are Ben, Hines, Santo, Tomlin AND the Rooneys. Guess I'm not keeping such bad company since they might know a little more than I do regarding BA's effectiveness.

bigj26o(scm 899)
09-12-2009, 02:27 PM
BA is not the reason for the stalling offense, its the OL that is not executing, obviously we have the plays needed or ben would not be able to execute so many big drives when needed. BA is trying to stick with the main game plan but when it fails comes up with the calls to put BR in the situation to win the game. So maybe you shuold become a charger fan and watch them fall apart every yr

mmalone
09-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Not sure if I would want Billick at the OC, though he's pretty damn good in those Coors Light commercials. :chuckle:

did you see the coors commercial with Romeo... that is a good one...

i say keep arians. and put him in the booth to watch the game and replays of the game during the game like other OC's do. he can find where the other teams weakness is during the game, then let ben and tomlin call the game time plays. try that.....

sharkweek
09-12-2009, 02:49 PM

sorry, but the umpteen times a game we execute run-run-pass is retarded and most certainly terrible play calling

all these come-from-behind games Arians digs us into a hole only for Ben's no huddle to dig us out time and time again suggests something isn't right

mmalone
09-12-2009, 03:10 PM
sorry, but the umpteen times a game we execute run-run-pass is retarded and most certainly terrible play calling

all these come-from-behind games Arians digs us into a hole only for Ben's no huddle to dig us out time and time again suggests something isn't right

thats the game plan... its execution of a master plan, dont you see the logic..

give them the feeling we are falling apart. then strike like a lion at the end and beat them senseless.

its perfect.. it worked in the super bowl, it will work this year too.

and know one sees this master plan.....

its perfect...:toofunny:

mmalone
09-12-2009, 03:12 PM
wait wait wait......

was arians the coach for the browns when the team was called the CARDIAC KIDS...

IF he was im am going to quit now...

and love arians all day, because the browns were great then.

i loved the CARDIAC KIDS..

wow... could it be?????

facts people facts.....
is it true....

X-Terminator
09-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Seriously, did we really need yet ANOTHER freaking "Arians sucks" thread? I mean, it's not like we don't have 10,000,000,000 of them already. :doh:

He's not getting canned any time soon, people. Deal.

HometownGal
09-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Seriously, did we really need yet ANOTHER freaking "Arians sucks" thread? I mean, it's not like we don't have 10,000,000,000 of them already. :doh:

He's not getting canned any time soon, people. Deal.

Agreed. Me thinks its time to end this thread's life. It's the same old shit over and over and over again. :rolleyes: